PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 22 Results

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 10:26 PM
John Cena walked out of Chicago with his WWE Championship after forcing Triple H to tap out to the STFU in the main event of WrestleMania 22.

Candice may be the current Playboy cover girl, but it was Torrie Wilson that walked out of WrestleMania the winner of the Playboy Pillow Fight.

Rey Mysterio realized his lifelong dream of becoming World Heavyweight Champion when he pinned Randy Orton in the Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania 22.

The old-school, crotch-chopping Shawn Michaels returned to decimate the Chairman, Mr. McMahon, at WrestleMania 22.

The psychotic Mickie James ended Trish Stratus' amazing championship reign when she floored Trish with the Mick Kick for the win and the Women's Championship at WrestleMania.

Booker T & Sharmell had the numbers advantage heading into their match with Boogeyman at WrestleMania, but that disappeared when a freaked-out Sharmell ran to the back. Not long after, Boogeyman chokebombed Booker for the win.

In one of the most brutal matches is WrestleMania history, Edge defeated Mick Foley after spearing him through a fiery table.

Despite being locked in the Crippler Crossface, JBL rolled Chris Benoit up for the pin, the win and the United States Championship at WrestleMania 22.

Rob Van Dam positioned himself for a future World Championship opportunity when he won a five-star Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 22.

WrestleMania 22 kicked off "big time" with a successful World Tag Team Championship defense for Big Show & Kane over Chris Masters & Carlito.

The Undertaker extended his WrestleMania undefeated streak to 14 at WrestleMania 22 when he Tombstoned Mark Henry and stuffed him into the ringside casket.

bri
4/2/2006, 10:46 PM
Cena got the honors from Trips? Huh. I was actually pulling for Trip to win, if only to get rid of that god-awful spinner belt. Plus, I always love a program where the "face" is getting booed out of the building, and the "heel" is getting massive face pops. :D

Torrie's still with the company? ;)

Wow, I can't believe they put the Big Gold Belt on Rey-Rey. He should have friends die more often...

Please reform DX...Please reform DX.....PLEASE REFORM DX.....

As much as I love Trish, they let the right chick win.

*sigh* Poor Booker. From the last ever WCW World Champion to jobbing to Gobbledygooker 2006. Somewhere in Houston, Stevie Ray weeps.

God bless Mick Foley. Comes out of retirement once a year to put someone over. I'm looking forward to Wrestlemania 42, when he loses cleanly to Triple H and Stephanie's child in an exploding barbed wire death match...

Aw, crap. JBL? Doesn't Benoit get a sympathy belt too, or can only one Eddie friend hold gold at a time?

I'm so excited for RVD's chance to not win the title this coming year! Way to tease the EC-Dub marks...:D

I actually thought Carlito and Masters would win. I don't know why, I just keep hearing that they're due for a push, and the tag titles are the only "available" belts right now on Raw.

Yeah, I didn't think 'Taker would take his first loss at the hands of a guy who's just serving out the last months of his contract before they release him. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/2/2006, 11:04 PM
Rumor has it that RVD is going to cash in his MIB at the ECW pay per view. I am really ****ed off that Cena beat HHH. Mick Foley is a bad man!!

bri
4/2/2006, 11:30 PM
How the hell can you cash in your title shot at a PPV the champ won't be performing at? That'd be pretty retarded, even by the "E"s standards. What's he gonna do, use it to challenge Tommy Dreamer to a Singapore Cane Match for the ECW TV Title? Hell, he'll probably trade the damn thing tomorrow for a bag of comic books and some kind bud. :D

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 11:37 PM
How the hell can you cash in your title shot at a PPV the champ won't be performing at? That'd be pretty retarded, even by the "E"s standards. What's he gonna do, use it to challenge Tommy Dreamer to a Singapore Cane Match for the ECW TV Title? Hell, he'll probably trade the damn thing tomorrow for a bag of comic books and some kind bud. :D

Those are Kendo sticks, thank you very much. ;)

bri
4/2/2006, 11:40 PM
I know that, you know that, small dogs and children know that. But if Joey Styles wants to screech "Singapore cane", then Singapore cane it is. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/2/2006, 11:46 PM
I think that is would force whoever is the current title holder, in this case the unbeatable John Cena, since he can't be beat except by silver bullets made by Hephasteus himself to come fight with ECW rules against RVD, kind of like a very nice home field advantage for Rob Van Dam. Oh I need to rant on Cena. How many people have you seen submit to the STF...none until Cena came along. Booker T used to do a form of the FU, he called it a transition move not a finisher.

bri
4/2/2006, 11:50 PM
Now, I'm no Cena apologist, but off the top of my head I can remember Lord Stephen Regal making lots of bitches tap to the STF. Plus, you have to remember, WWE management has been steering the talent away from high-impact finishers and encouraging the use of submission finishers, which I like. As much I like a good KICK WHAM STUNNER, I have never marked out as hard as I did screaming at the TV two years ago, waiting for Trips to tap to the Crossface at WM20. And Perry Saturn was putting fools down with the DVD for years...

Plus, I just think having a non-ECW guy perform at the ECW PPV would **** off the hardcore fans and hurt the brand name. Plus, Blue Meanie would probably get hurt again somehow...

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/3/2006, 12:08 AM
You are probably right so I would look for an ECW alum to have the title come PPV time ;) So Rey has that going for him. The problem is that I actually like Benoit and his finisher is wicked painful and he has used it for submissions alot whereas for a few years there, Benoit and Angle would break out STFs all of the time. I am just getting mad at how long they have put Cena over. I am just thankful the Undertaker isn't on Raw, I would hate to see him destroyed finally by the FU. I can't wait until he starts talking abnout the FU like Trips talks about the Pedigree. The two DX references by Michaels and Trips was pretty sweet though,,

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/3/2006, 12:09 AM
P.S. Blue Meanie is one of my MySpace buddies, so you can't talk trash about his incredible athletic ability.

bri
4/3/2006, 12:17 AM
Heh, I'm waiting for Batista to befriend me, the big lunk.

If they'd reform DX, I'd be the happiest mark EVER. Hell, I was wearing my DX shirt yesterday, and I had the clip of the reunion swerve from a couple years back on my profile all last week. I had to take it off, tho. Made me sad. I felt like Jim Ross every time Hunter would Pedigree HBK..."WHY, GAWD, WHY'D YOU DO IT?!?" ;)

leftfield
4/3/2006, 12:27 AM
How did the Kevin Von Ehric/Iron Sheik match go? Or how about the Gentleman Chris Adams/Missing Link match?

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/3/2006, 12:35 AM
Well that was from leftfield ;)

bri
4/3/2006, 12:37 AM
Kevin Von Erich beat the Iron Shiek with a claw at the 13:49 mark, Chris Adams defeated the Missing Link with a Superkick at 9:23, and your momma tapped out to Ugly at birth.

leftfield
4/3/2006, 12:40 AM
Kevin Von Erich beat the Iron Shiek with a claw at the 13:49 mark, Chris Adams defeated the Missing Link with a Superkick at 9:23, and your momma tapped out to Ugly at birth.

wow

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/3/2006, 01:35 AM
Was Ugly one of the Bushwhackers ;)

AllAboutThe'O'
4/3/2006, 01:36 AM
How did the Kevin Von Ehric/Iron Sheik match go? Or how about the Gentleman Chris Adams/Missing Link match?
I miss Devastation Incorporated and Flamboyant Eric Embry myself.:(

Sooner24
4/3/2006, 06:45 AM
Was Ugly one of the Bushwhackers ;)

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2004/09/12/missinglink2-sm.jpg

No The Missing Link was ugly. :D

bri
4/3/2006, 07:27 AM
Nice man-tits, tho.

OUTromBoNado
4/4/2006, 02:46 AM
Rumor has it that RVD is going to cash in his MIB at the ECW pay per view. I am really ****ed off that Cena beat HHH. Mick Foley is a bad man!!

I miss Mick Foley.

I know that, you know that, small dogs and children know that. But if Joey Styles wants to screech "Singapore cane", then Singapore cane it is. ;)

I miss JR.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/4/2006, 02:49 AM
I miss J.R. too but Joey Styles is alot better than any options they have for when he goes bye bye. Coach is beyond the SUCC. Has anyone else noticed that certain cities hate Cena, others don't :P

OUTromBoNado
4/4/2006, 03:20 AM
Coach is actually a pretty nice guy off-camera. I played in and helped organize the pep band that played for J.R. back when they did the Christmas Raw show in OKC in 2002. Coach was basically our guide the whole time. He was hilarious. It's too bad they have him playing the heel announcer. He really just comes off as annoying instead of hateful.

When I was backstage during that show, holy carp! Triple H and McMahon are tall!!! A lot of those wrestlers are big, but don't necessarily have a ton of height. Triple H is a freakin' tower.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/4/2006, 04:06 AM
Yeah I actually don't mind him where they got him right now, I just don't think he will ever be the head announcer. He has potential to be the Jerry Lawler or Tazz though. I actually have met Coach too, he does seem genuinely nice so I mean I don't want him fired just put in the right spot, which the WWE isn't too good at anymore.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/4/2006, 04:08 AM
I also wish TNA would lose A.J. Styles and we could see us either some A.J. Style/Kurt Angle or A.J. Styles/Chris Benoit matches. Also Gregory Helms looked pretty sweet(despite a broken nose) against Benoit.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/11/2006, 01:23 AM
http://www.ringsidemayhem.com/specials/ppvposters/ecwonenightstand2.jpg

Check out this Bri ;)

bri
4/11/2006, 08:35 AM
*sigh*

Oh well, nothing like watching RVD be forced to job to Hunter...again, this time at a celebration of ECW to remind you who won the 'Rasslin Wars.

And did I miss a title change, or is this one of those things they do where the promotional materials for an future PPV gives away the results of the next show? :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/11/2006, 03:33 PM
Pretty much, this is the poster they are using to advertise I believe so Backlash should be fun. I was thinking this might be some secret way of bringing back a DX faction. You know how chaotic ECW matches are, Some sort of DX music hits and down comes Shawn Michaels with HHH. I still think Rob Van Dam wins just because HHH has to catch Ric Flair in total titles ;)

bri
4/11/2006, 04:08 PM
RVD won't win because there's NO WAY IN HELL Trips would do a hotshot title change for anyone except Rock, Austin, or Taker.

And I've SO abandoned hope of a new DX. A little piece of me dies every time I hope they do it and then don't.