PDA

View Full Version : dang it. Wheres all the new coach chatter?

oumartin
4/2/2006, 09:52 PM
where I say

AllAboutThe'O'
4/2/2006, 09:59 PM
I'll try my best to help out, martin. Did you see the Joe Castiglione Invitational bracket in today's DO? Some interesting picks to go to the Sweet 16 (alas, Calipari wasn't one of them). One guy I didn't even think of is a darkhorse candidate, Mike McConathy, the Northwestern State head coach. He would be a pretty good choice in my book IMHO; kind of a flashy guy but pretty humble and he's a popular man down in Natchitoches. Another point in his favor was that he won at Gallagher-Iba Arena earlier this season with his Demons; think of what he could do with the crimson and cream?
Another guy that made it to the sweet 16 in Tramel's bracket was Mark Fox, the Nevada coach. I was the only guy to bring his name up.

oumartin
4/2/2006, 10:01 PM
I don't read the daily much since they raised it to 50 cents. thanks for filling me in.
you think that mark Fox would be a good choice?

AllAboutThe'O'
4/2/2006, 10:09 PM
I don't read the daily much since they raised it to 50 cents. thanks for filling me in.
you think that mark Fox would be a good choice?
Well, he beat Texas in the tournament didn't he?:D
Plus, he has a smoking hot wife, whom I saw in the stands when I watched the Wolfpack take it to the Longhorns.

oumartin
4/2/2006, 10:12 PM
must have beat them last year right?
what style does he play? is he in the mold of Kelvin and defense first or is he a high octane kinda guy? I really don't care so long as he wins and advances in the tournament

AllAboutThe'O'
4/2/2006, 10:16 PM
must have beat them last year right?
what style does he play? is he in the mold of Kelvin and defense first or is he a high octane kinda guy? I really don't care so long as he wins and advances in the tournament
From what little I've seen of Nevada, he's kind of a mix, a little up-tempo but also stresses defense. Course, he had Fazekas, that good All-American frontcourt player. Wolfpack was a No. 5 seed this year but got beat in the opening round by Montana.
I don't know if Mark Fox is a homerun hire. He was an assistant when they made the Sweet 16 a couple of years ago and got promoted when the coach they had went to Stanford. Time will tell if he turns out to be another Mark Few or another Stan Heath.

oumartin
4/2/2006, 10:18 PM
yeah, we don't need a stan heath! you know it could turn into a deal like North Carolina and even UCLA had to go through.. Heck North Carolina is on its third coach since Dean left.
Hopefully they will get the right guy the first time but you never know.