PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Proposal

UTCLASSOF89
4/2/2006, 07:17 PM
Hey guys! there are two pending legislation in Capitol Hill that will affect all of us. It is all about illegal aliens. One is the enforcement only bill by the House (no amnesty for illegal aliens), and the bill from the Senate which is an enforcement and amnesty bill. Please share thoughts.

OUHOMER
4/2/2006, 07:22 PM
I am in favor of sending all illegal's back to texas where they belong.

soonermark
4/2/2006, 07:22 PM
No hablo inglés

lexsooner
4/2/2006, 07:43 PM
Hey guys! there are two pending legislation in Capitol Hill that will affect all of us. It is all about illegal aliens. One is the enforcement only bill by the House (no amnesty for illegal aliens), and the bill from the Senate which is an enforcement and amnesty bill. Please share thoughts.

Unless either one of these pieces of legislation has provisions with teeth to punish the living crap out of Americans who employ illegals, criminal or civil laws, I am not crazy about either. I think as much as anything, this would help stem the flow of illegals into the U.S. Without such provisions, it's analogous to having drug war legislation which only focuses on the sources of drugs, not the users. Too bad the influential business community special interests would never allow such immigration laws to be passed.