PDA

View Full Version : Rooming with Aggies

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2006, 06:45 PM
So this weekend I had a convention in Richardson for an organization with chapters all over the state. Usually the organization is pretty good at dividing up room assignments, but this year the cruel hand of fate put me in a room with 3 Aggies next to a room with 4 more.

It was an absolute freaking nightmare. They trashed the room all up to hell; they were loud; obnoxious; crass; constantly way too drunk, and they were Aggie.

Highlights included a half hour (no joke half an hour) farting contest in which they, no joke, went to Taco Cabana just to eat beans and replinish. This was followed by a push-up contest to see who was the best Aggie which was followed by a mini-indoctrination seminar on why "There's no ******* place on earth like Texas A&M!" I was noticably unimpressed which they concluded could only be the case because I didn't know or have a proper understanding and respect for their traditions.

The drunker they got the worst it was of course. They totally trashed the beds and the bathroom looked like something you'd see in New Delhi. They eventually all left for the strip clubs after an unsuccessful attempt to get me to go (the fact they were Aggies was a bigger problem than going to a strip club).

The weirdest thing though was that in the middle of the night if any of them happened to wake up they decided it'd be a great thing to let out the Aggie whoop. The first time it happened it was almost funny but by the 4th or 5th time it was obnoxious. Thankfully the next night they were way the hell too drunk to wake up.

I must be getting older because there was a time when **** like that didn't bother me, but now it just gets on my freaking nerves. At any rate, my hate for all things Aggie increased exponentially this weekend.

SoonerInKCMO
4/2/2006, 06:49 PM
I must be getting older because there was a time when **** like that didn't bother me, but now it just gets on my freaking nerves.

I've never been at an age when Aggies didn't **** me off.

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 07:12 PM
That's them Children of the Confederacy conventions for ya. It doesn't get any better when they grow up and become Sons of Confederate Veterans members -- that's why I quit going. Yee-haw! ;)

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2006, 07:22 PM
That's them Children of the Confederacy conventions for ya. It doesn't get any better when they grow up and become Sons of Confederate Veterans members -- that's why I quit going. Yee-haw! ;)

Hah, this wasn't a CofC/SCV convention. The CofC has much more class than this.

Octavian
4/2/2006, 07:27 PM
"There's no ******* place on earth like Texas A&M!"

agreed.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3439/sheepaggy8zh8rv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BeetDigger
4/2/2006, 08:12 PM
Anyone whose been to college station knows that there is no place on earth like Texas A&M. All of the other places like it were part of the various toxic dump clean up acts of the 1980's.