PDA

View Full Version : Gaylord Family candidate?

stoopified
4/2/2006, 04:28 PM
It strkes me as seemingly less than coincidental that the DO which is owned by the Gaylord Family would run an interview with Nolan Richardson.With the questions that he was asked including wether or not he would be intrested in the OU job it comes across as a big red flare designed to get Joe C.'s eye.

Personally I thinka as far as b-ball is concerned Nolan would be an excllent choice.390 -170 at Arkansas with 4 Final Fours and a NC is hard to beat.

On the negative side he was only 1-4 vs. Sampson.My second concern would be his attitude and bearing which to me comes across like Jesse Jackson.By this I mean OH POOR ME EVRYTHING BAD HAPPENS TO ME BECAUSE I AM BLACK.I do admit to not following Tulsa or Ark. closely while he was there so my opinion on this was largely formed by media coverage.We all know the media is always fair and balanced ,right?:D

I have to be honest if he could bring us a title I would welcome Nolan or hell even Eddie Sutton,Rick Barnes or Roy Williams.Just something to ponder.BTW Nolan said yes he would be intrested ,that OU is a place where he could compete for championships.

OKC-SLC
4/2/2006, 04:46 PM
If nolan richardson were hired, it would be a big mistake. Joe C knows that.

birddog
4/2/2006, 05:14 PM
why?

Remembering Tom Stidham
4/2/2006, 05:28 PM
He's too ugly! Seriously, I felt he was losing his enthusiasm his last couple of seasons at Arkansas. The D/O will never dictate to Joe. Our coach will come from Memphis or Wichita.

birddog
4/2/2006, 05:41 PM
Similar to Kelvin at OU ,huh?

SoonerShark
4/2/2006, 06:04 PM
How old is Nolan Richardson? He cannot be worse than our 1995 football coach who was a warhorse who won a national championship years before.

OKC-SLC
4/2/2006, 06:23 PM
why?
Nolan is very polarizing, and I don't appreciate his playing of the race card prior to his exit from UArk. And I'm kind of an hog fan.

SoonerShark
4/2/2006, 08:05 PM
Nolan is very polarizing, and I don't appreciate his playing of the race card prior to his exit from UArk. And I'm kind of an hog fan.

UArk ran Eddie off because of his curly hair. So it's not a race thing, it's a fashion thing.

RacerX
4/3/2006, 06:33 AM
Nolan = crazy

CtheB
4/3/2006, 07:33 AM
He flunks the reference test.

ucosooner
4/3/2006, 10:26 AM
nolan < tim floyd

And I can't stand tim floyd...

stoopified
4/3/2006, 11:15 PM
As stated earlier I ahve reservations about Richadson too but would make a deal with any coach who could bring us a whiff of an NC.My point however in this thread was the timing of the interview,I wasnit refering to the DO being able to push Joe C.s buttons but the big money behind it and OU,The Gaylords,If our two finalists are Calipari and Turgeon then in reality our only true option is Turgeon and I dread that. IMHO he has done nothing to prove he is an Elite coach.A good coach yes but IMHO no better than KS.Calipari will not take the OU job even for a much larger contract than he already has.Hope I am wrong but I doubt it.