PDA

View Full Version : In what game will AD break Sim's ruhing record ?

stoopified
4/2/2006, 12:55 PM
That total stands at 4118 yards in Billy's stellar career.AD enters the season with 3029 career yards and needs 1090 yards to set the new standard,I am saying it will fall in the 7th game of the year at home vs. the Buffs.

NickZeppelin
4/2/2006, 12:57 PM
If we run from the shotgun a lot I say the Oklahoma State game or Bowl game if we make it to a Bowl Game. If we run a lot of I formation or Ace Formation like we have the last 2 years then the 7th or 8th game is probably about right.

Jimminy Crimson
4/2/2006, 12:57 PM
OU/TX

:texan:

OUGreg723
4/2/2006, 01:06 PM
Vs. Thaaaaa Buffs. It will be a celebration b*thes!

OU-HSV
4/2/2006, 01:25 PM
OU/TX

:texan:
That would be sweet!

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 01:28 PM
if we make it to a Bowl Game.

you are a weak stick. dudes really dig you don't they?

personally, i see Iowa State. I know oregon will be tough but i see him going an AVERAGE of 180 all the way up to Texas and THEN he will have something to prove to the texas faithfull.

if they hold him under 150 it will be a huge victory on texas' part.

Octavian
4/2/2006, 01:36 PM
I really hope it happens in Norman.

Barring an injury, if it hasn't happened before the Nov. 4th game in College Station, the 06 season will probably have been a major disappointment.

If RB and the passing game can be a legit threat and the OLine isn't horrendous, there's gonna be "Congrats to Adrian" threads for weeks after he becomes OU's fifth Heisman winner

NickZeppelin
4/2/2006, 02:25 PM
I don't think it's likely to happen in Norman because we play 4 of our last 5 on the road. It'll probably happen in that range.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 08:32 PM
I don't think it's likely to happen in Norman because we play 4 of our last 5 on the road. It'll probably happen in that range.

soooooo excluding oregon, who do you think peterson doesn't have a chance of gaining 150+ on? he could have close to 600 yards by the time texas rolls around. if he goes off on texas..........

NickZeppelin
4/2/2006, 08:44 PM
Depends on what style we run. If we are more from the shotgun like we were against Oregon. He's not gonna get as many yards. He's not as good a shotgun back as he is from the I.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 09:43 PM
Depends on what style we run. If we are more from the shotgun like we were against Oregon. He's not gonna get as many yards. He's not as good a shotgun back as he is from the I.

i don't think we were in the shotgun last year to run the ball. we were doing it out of neccessity. if the run game is solid, i don't think you'll see much of it. hell, we didn't see much of it last year but for some reason, you keep mentioning it like it's the prefered formation for wilson.

regardless,

AfD had 1000 yards missing the better part of 5 games. you could put him in the ninja ghost wing backfield for all i care if he gets 1000 yards......

Egeo
4/3/2006, 02:56 AM
i disagree
he's a stud running back no matter what formation were in

we need to run the sets that provide the easiest jobs for our Oline

azfanIV
4/3/2006, 03:30 AM
Can you imagine if he'd stay for his senior year? He'd set records nobody would ever catch.

Collier11
4/3/2006, 03:39 AM
Nick, I try so hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, I mean...you are a good guy who helps alot of us with stats, but you say some of the stupidest things...come on Nick, be realistic

Desert Sapper
4/3/2006, 05:28 AM
I think his Junior year will be at least as good as his Freshman year. The O-Line this year will be bolstered by the experienced RS-Freshmen and Sophomores. Those were the guys that blocked well when we ran, but had a hard time pass-blocking. Guys like Dukezilla, Quinn, Braxton, and Cooper. I think Duke will be a pancaking fool, knocking DTs and LBs on their collective a$$es. If AD gets even a sliver of daylight, he's gone. So...with that in mind:

He reached 1000 in 7 games in 2004. Greg Pruitt reached 1000 in 6 games in 1971, which is the fastest by a Sooner ever. AD makes it in 6 this year. So I say Iowa State. If he gets a good start, he may do it at Red River. That would mean he averaged at least 200 yards/game. Which is altogether possible with the games against UAB, Washington, and Middle Tennessee coming before saxet. I wouldn't be surprised if he rushed for 300 against at least one of those teams.

NickZeppelin
4/3/2006, 10:26 AM
i don't think we were in the shotgun last year to run the ball. we were doing it out of neccessity. if the run game is solid, i don't think you'll see much of it. hell, we didn't see much of it last year but for some reason, you keep mentioning it like it's the prefered formation for wilson.

regardless,

AfD had 1000 yards missing the better part of 5 games. you could put him in the ninja ghost wing backfield for all i care if he gets 1000 yards......

If you watched the Oregon game we ran more from the Shotgun then I've seen since maybe 2001 or 2002. AD had 25 runs for 80 yards. That's barely over 3 yards a carry. Oregon is a really good run defense also but AD is more effective when running from the I or Ace formation because he's already going full speed when he hits the line. The shotgun doesn't allow for that.

MojoRisen
4/3/2006, 10:41 AM
AD can improve on catching the ball out of the backfield, I think using him as a weapon and not the only weapon is overall better for the team. Ussually when he has big games is because he was able to pop off some 40-50 yard or more TD runs. Getting him aclimated to the Shotgun would be a good thing since we are a multiple offense. If we can get the short passing game going and be a threat- AD will run all over the place out of Shot gun.

Egeo
4/3/2006, 11:21 AM
If you watched the Oregon game we ran more from the Shotgun then I've seen since maybe 2001 or 2002. AD had 25 runs for 80 yards. That's barely over 3 yards a carry. Oregon is a really good run defense also but AD is more effective when running from the I or Ace formation because he's already going full speed when he hits the line. The shotgun doesn't allow for that.

if you take away the 15ish yard loss on the fumbled play and give him the long run he had that was called back on holding - he would have had like 130 yards
as fast as peterson is, i think he's nearly full speed when he hits teh line out of the shotgun
but when we ran the shotgun there was more space for him to get to teh 2nd level

but maybe your right - maybe ad is a little better when hes running behind runnels
but our offense is better out of the gun

oumartin
4/3/2006, 11:28 AM
i can't believe the bashing nicks takes and he still is here. what a fool

Harry Beanbag
4/3/2006, 12:24 PM
as fast as peterson is, i think he's nearly full speed when he hits teh line out of the shotgun
but when we ran the shotgun there was more space for him to get to teh 2nd level

Depends on how many guys he has to miss before he gets to the line. He's not shifty enough to do that consistently so in a sense I have to agree with Nick. :eek: :(

NickZeppelin
4/3/2006, 12:36 PM

I take bashing? I don't see anyone bashing me. Hell no one on here really knows me. If anyone bashes me I just laugh at it.

shavedmarmoset
4/3/2006, 01:02 PM
I take bashing? I don't see anyone bashing me. Hell no one on here really knows me. If anyone bashes me I just laugh at it.

Masochist.

shavedmarmoset
4/3/2006, 01:05 PM
If he gets a good start, he may do it at Red River. That would mean he averaged at least 200 yards/game. Which is altogether possible with the games against UAB, Washington, and Middle Tennessee coming before saxet. I wouldn't be surprised if he rushed for 300 against at least one of those teams.

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. 200 yards is a LOT per game. I'm not so sure that will happen. I think our O-line needs some time to gell. Given that we aren't very experienced there, he averages 160 tops in those first 4 or 5 games. For the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see around 180 if we can get some balance. No matter what, the record is in hand so it's all good.

sooneron
4/3/2006, 02:20 PM
UAB - 165
UW - 152
UO - 128
MTSU - 190
UTerus - 140
ISU - 170
CU - 140
MU - 190
ATM - 130
TT - 180
BU - 155
osu - 190

yep, I say around CU game

shavedmarmoset
4/3/2006, 03:32 PM
UAB - 165
UW - 152
UO - 128
MTSU - 190
UTerus - 140
ISU - 170
CU - 140
MU - 190
ATM - 130
TT - 180
BU - 155
osu - 190

yep, I say around CU game

No 200-yard games?

The Consumate Showman
4/3/2006, 03:45 PM
Whether or not AD is better out of the gun or an I set back is totally irrelevant you guys! Wake-Up! Is this not the kid that everyone was saying is going to go down as OU's best RB ever a couple of years ago when he was a heisman runner-up? Man you people have changed a lot in those two years...here's my breakdown of this year's games:

UAB - 215 (c'mon, you really think Mack, Jr. is gonna have an answer?)
UW - 225 (a weak team and we're at home)
AFLAC - 210 (his heroic effort lifts us past the quackers)
MTSU - 230 (who is this school again???)
Saxet - 220 (AD has something to prove....)
ISU - 200 (clones have good O, but they miss Berryman)
Ralphy - 235 (remember Kansas City???)
Mizzou - 180 (rest week for the train)
Gigers - 205 (AD drives the last nail into Franny's coffin)
Leaches - 245 (It's pay back time people....don't forget 2005 so easily)
Da Bear-cubs - 220 (by halftime)
that other school - 265 (AD hits a career high against the school he OWNS!)

Big XII Title game against the motha' effin' corn-humpers - 214 (Callahan weeps)

Fiesta Bowl against Penn State - 235 (AD lifts us to 8 and Joe Pa looks like Bowden after the 00' Orange Bowl. AD gets the Hesiman...end of a great career)

MojoRisen
4/3/2006, 03:51 PM
3,100 yards- Sick- would be about like his Senior year in Highschool!

Jello Biafra
4/3/2006, 04:13 PM
Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. 200 yards is a LOT per game. I'm not so sure that will happen. I think our O-line needs some time to gell. Given that we aren't very experienced there, he averages 160 tops in those first 4 or 5 games. For the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see around 180 if we can get some balance. No matter what, the record is in hand so it's all good.

yeh. it is. but if there is anyone in the nation that can do it.......

would you bet against him? he had something stupid like 120 yards on 5 or 6 carries against baylor two years ago and finished 32 for 240.......

shavedmarmoset
4/3/2006, 04:31 PM
yeh. it is. but if there is anyone in the nation that can do it.......

would you bet against him? he had something stupid like 120 yards on 5 or 6 carries against baylor two years ago and finished 32 for 240.......

Yeah hes the best

The Consumate Showman
4/3/2006, 07:35 PM
3,100 yards- Sick- would be about like his Senior year in Highschool!

Just wishful thinking....but I do think that he will end up somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,500-3,000yds for the entire season....

sooneron
4/3/2006, 07:56 PM
Consumate Showman-
Until OUr Oline looks more like a wall instead of a sieve and the Offense gets on the same page, then I'll be predicting a few 200 yard games. How many did you predict that he'd have in the tcu game last year?

Figure it out. At least I did. He had to do it all on his own last year as far as gaining yards and he got injured and wasn't as effective. Guess what? any doubters are not people doubting AD, they're doubting scheme and effectiveness of the guys playing around him.

stoopified
4/3/2006, 11:53 PM
Or a Timex?

Big Red Ron
4/4/2006, 12:21 AM
foo

sooneriniowa
4/4/2006, 09:08 AM
From what I'm hearing, ISU fans aren't looking towards the matchup. Some are saying that "IF" RB gets in a grove by then, that there would be no way that they could defend both. So either that will be the game that AD breaks the mark or RB will put up HUGE #'s.

Octavian
4/4/2006, 09:58 AM
From what I'm hearing, ISU fans aren't looking towards the matchup....

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7144/apollo20moonwalk3qa.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jason White's Third Knee
4/4/2006, 12:42 PM

You must be in histarics regularly.

Collier11
4/4/2006, 01:42 PM
You guys are way off, I see it alot more like this...

UAB - 201-out in 3rd qt
UW - 297
UO - 189
MTSU - 227-out in 3rd qt
UTerus - 325
ISU - 209-out in 3rd qt
CU - 217-out in 3rd qt
MU - 265
ATM - 250
TT - 423-out in 3rd qt
BU - 195-feels bad cus theyre baylor
osu - 475-feels bad cus theyre osu