PDA

View Full Version : Damage from the storm!

oumartin
4/2/2006, 12:54 PM
I went outside this morning and found holes in the vinyl siding on the back side of the house.. I'm glad most of the house is brick and just up along and under the eve of the house is siding but I can't imagine this being a cheap fix.

Newbomb Turk
4/2/2006, 01:05 PM
bondo

slickdawg
4/2/2006, 01:07 PM
JB Weld will solve most of the world's problems.

Newbomb Turk
4/2/2006, 01:09 PM
JB Weld will solve most of the world's problems.

or duct tape.

oumartin
4/2/2006, 01:09 PM
if you can't duct it, fuct it! :D

OU-HSV
4/2/2006, 01:10 PM
Sounds like a home owners ins. claim in your near future.

BajaOklahoma
4/2/2006, 01:14 PM
Tell me again what you did to remove the wasps........

oumartin
4/2/2006, 01:20 PM
huh, wasps are pesky. moth balls in the attic helps, they don't like moth balls. other than that i just spray.. pest control can spray and kill what they find. like nests and stuff but won't keep them away.

OKC-SLC
4/2/2006, 01:28 PM
huh, wasps are pesky. moth balls in the attic helps, they don't like moth balls. other than that i just spray.. pest control can spray and kill what they find. like nests and stuff but won't keep them away.
have you tried fire?

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 01:39 PM
I went outside this morning and found holes in the vinyl siding on the back side of the house.. I'm glad most of the house is brick and just up along and under the eve of the house is siding but I can't imagine this being a cheap fix.

hail? Cuz if it was, and it hailed bad enough to pierce flippin' vinyl siding, you need to have Mr. Insurance Adjuster look at your shinglies up on the roof too.

There may be a rooftop full of roofer hombres in your future -- which is a bonus. If so, please be nice to them as they are just busting their buttocks doing a tough job fixing su casa nobody else wants to do properly and efficiently.;)

oumartin
4/2/2006, 01:51 PM
homey, it was more of a sideways hail then a straight from the sky, it was quite something. I plan on calling mr. insurance tomorrow morning. If he doesn't think theres enuff damage on the roof I will try to just pay for the siding repairs myself to keep from having a claim. it broke two windows in my sister in laws home as well. it weren't a fun 5 minutes last night.
I did roofing work in high school and I know its hard work. i will treat them right.

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 02:54 PM
homey, it was more of a sideways hail then a straight from the sky, it was quite something. I plan on calling mr. insurance tomorrow morning. If he doesn't think theres enuff damage on the roof I will try to just pay for the siding repairs myself to keep from having a claim. it broke two windows in my sister in laws home as well. it weren't a fun 5 minutes last night.
I did roofing work in high school and I know its hard work. i will treat them right.

I figured you would. Just yesterday I saw six of them on a rooftop tearing off an old roof right down to the decking on Harvard here in Tulsa about 9am. Small house. When I drove by on the way home at 4pm, new shingles on and they were DONE.

Newbomb Turk
4/2/2006, 03:00 PM
When we had our roof replaced two years ago, they tore off two layers of shingles and re-roofed the whole house in one day. 1800sq foot house with a hip roof. I was impressed.

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 03:11 PM
When we had our roof replaced two years ago, they tore off two layers of shingles and re-roofed the whole house in one day. 1800sq foot house with a hip roof. I was impressed.

That is precisely the sort of thing we'll miss if they ever figure out a way to get rid of those folks.

BajaOklahoma
4/2/2006, 03:14 PM
Martin, I was asking about the wasps because I was implying that in getting the wasps you damaged....... ^&&*** You know if you have to explain a joke, it wasn't a joke.
Sorry. Seriously.

slickdawg
4/2/2006, 03:37 PM

I've never seen anything to beat the messicans down here reroofing after
Katrina. They are like ants and do wholw houses in one day.

sooner n houston
4/2/2006, 04:40 PM
My pickup is parked at Tulsa Int airport, upper deck. Can't wait to get back tonight at 9:00 and see what damage I have! :( :rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
4/2/2006, 04:43 PM
My pickup is parked at Tulsa Int airport, upper deck. Can't wait to get back tonight at 9:00 and see what damage I have! :( :rolleyes:

Did Tulsa get any hail?

oumartin
4/2/2006, 06:27 PM
oh baja, now its funny.. not to you but to me. :D

leftfield
4/2/2006, 06:30 PM
I saw a chick today in short shorts that had some pretty bad 'hail damage' on her legs.

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 07:06 PM
Did Tulsa get any hail?

nope

OUTromBoNado
4/4/2006, 03:05 AM
Did Tulsa get any hail?

No, but there was an F1 tornado that lasted for about 25 seconds at the airport. Tore the crap outta the roof of the Radisson Inn, not to mention the canopy for the parking area in front of the terminal.

There was a pretty cool video of a Jeep Liberty that had been rolled onto another car.

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TULSA OK
537 PM CDT SUN APR 2 2006

TORNADO SURVEY INFORMATION

AT 1114 PM CST LAST NIGHT /APRIL 1ST/ A BRIEF TORNADO TOUCHED DOWN
IN TULSA...IMMEDIATELY SOUTHWEST OF THE TULSA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

THE TORNADO LASTED APPROXIMATELY 25 SECONDS AND DID F1 DAMAGE TO THE TULSA INTERNATIONAL AIRPOT RADISON HOTEL. THE TORNADO WAS SPAWNED IN THE LEADING EDGE OF A LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

THE TORNADO HAD A PATH WIDTH OF 80 YARDS AND LASTED FOR 0.4 OF A MILE. THE TORNADO TRAVELED NORTHEAST AT APPROXIMATELY 60 MPH.

THE RADISON HOTEL LOST A PORTION OF ITS ROOF OVER THREE ROOMS AND
HAD A NUMBER OF WINDOWS BLOW OUT. THE RATING IS F1 AT THIS TIME
PENDING REVIEW OF AUTOMOBILE DAMAGE AT THE HOTEL THAT SHOWS SOME VEHICLES WERE MOVED.

OTHER DAMAGE REPORTED IN ROGERS COUNTY HAS YET TO BE FULLY EVALUATED.

I got hailed on in Bristow while driving through the storm though.

Okla-homey
4/4/2006, 05:33 AM
No, but there was an F1 tornado that lasted for about 25 seconds at the airport. Tore the crap outta the roof of the Radisson Inn, not to mention the canopy for the parking area in front of the terminal.

There was a pretty cool video of a Jeep Liberty that had been rolled onto another car.

I got hailed on in Bristow while driving through the storm though.

F1 pffft. Just a burp on the Fujita Scale. A true Okie doesn't even hit the 'Fraidy Hole for an F1.;)

OUTromBoNado
4/4/2006, 12:26 PM
F1 pffft. Just a burp on the Fujita Scale. A true Okie doesn't even hit the 'Fraidy Hole for an F1.;)

Heh. I don't hit the 'Friady Hole at all. I chase them mothaf***as. The airport case just shows what happens when a weak tornado hits (even for only 25 seconds) a pretty major area.

I'm just glad I wasn't in the bootheel of Missouri/Arkansas/Tennessee areas on Sunday. They got their butts handed to them.

Osce0la
4/4/2006, 01:05 PM
They were talking about this on the local news here last night, showed one small town in one state that had been hit and pretty much everything in that city had some sort of damage.

frankensooner
4/4/2006, 01:49 PM
http://gusty.us/images/Frady_Hole_150_c.JPG