PDA

View Full Version : Yard Work....

Norman Sooner
4/2/2006, 12:08 PM
So a neighbor wants me to take car of her yard for her and wants to know how much? The problem is, ive never taken care of anyones yard for a price so I am unsure of what a fair price is for her...The front yard is average size and the back yard is a bit bigger than average..What is a fair price?

Flagstaffsooner
4/2/2006, 12:13 PM
They offer a degree program in that at oSu.

GottaHavePride
4/2/2006, 12:13 PM
What is "taking care" of it? Just mowing? Mowing and edging? Mowing, edging, spraying for weeds and fertilizing?

I would suggest $20 or $25 bucks a week for mowing, and $45 every time you spray for weeds and fertilize (say every 4 to 6 weeks.)

sooner n houston
4/2/2006, 12:17 PM
Then there are hedges to trim, leaves to rake, flower gardens to weed.... :D

Norman Sooner
4/2/2006, 12:17 PM
screw a bunch of spraying and fertilizing...Its my roommates rent house..Mowing and edging...may trim the hedges when need be...I already have my undergrad and am working on my masters Flagstaff..Although i do hear that program is real successful for some people....

King Crimson
4/2/2006, 12:41 PM
i'd do it once and see how long it takes. considering this is someone you know....i think the 9-12$ an hour range is more than fair. maybe a little $$$ cushion for extraneous costs like gasoline, minor repairs, etc....so you aren't spending out of your own pocket when/if these things should arise.

ChickSoonerFan
4/2/2006, 12:54 PM
Going rate here is about $30 each time they do it. I usually do mine or my dad does, but every once in a while I will catch the guys doing one of my neighbor's yard and have it mowed and edged and all that and I think they charge $30-$35.

BajaOklahoma
4/2/2006, 01:12 PM
We pay 30 a week. They mow and edge weekly, trim the shrubs as needed.
During the winter, they come our every two weeks, for the same price, and get rid of the leaves. Our yard is average for the area.
They do not spray the yard.

OU-HSV
4/2/2006, 01:22 PM
Man I'd say $40 each time if she's gonna have you weed eating/trimming/edging as well as mowing. If there's a time your only mowing maybe make it $30.

OU-HSV
4/2/2006, 01:24 PM
They offer a degree program in that at oSu.
YMSSR

handcrafted
4/2/2006, 02:18 PM
So a neighbor wants me to take car of her yard for her and wants to know how much? The problem is, ive never taken care of anyones yard for a price so I am unsure of what a fair price is for her...The front yard is average size and the back yard is a bit bigger than average..What is a fair price?

The first time I saw this I read "wants me to take a car off her yard" and I'm thinking, what trailer park do you live in? :D

bigdsooner
4/2/2006, 02:22 PM
$25 a week, or a 30pk of budweiser.

yer welcome :)

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 02:35 PM
First question: Is she hawt? Second question: If hawt, are there French benefits?

Norman Sooner
4/2/2006, 04:30 PM
I knew it would revert back to whether she was hot or not..but i thought it would be referenced to the size of the front yard and the above average size of the back yard...At any rate, thanks for the help!

Sooner_Bob
4/2/2006, 04:37 PM
I didn't know Norman Sooner was messican.

Boooooooooo. :D

85Sooner
4/2/2006, 04:40 PM
Have her go to the state capitol during these protests . There are evidently hundreds of thousands who want to work for cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

OU-HSV
4/2/2006, 06:10 PM
First question: Is she hawt? Second question: If hawt, are there Fringe benefits?
Fixed :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/2/2006, 06:38 PM
I have a huge backyard and a normal sized front yard. An older man and his grandson mow mine for $30-35

BudSooner
4/2/2006, 10:07 PM
I didn't know Norman Sooner was messican.

Boooooooooo. :D
Now thats a funny joke right there, I don't care who ya are.:mack: