PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska might be losing their basketball coach to an Indiana school too..

royalfan5
4/2/2006, 11:42 AM
Apparently Barry Collier may take the Ball State job. I am all for this, however if Indiana plays Ball State and Kelvin finds away to lose to Barry like he did this year, the IU faithful will be ticked.

King Crimson
4/2/2006, 11:43 AM
COllier had a pretty successful career at Butler before taking the NU job, as i recall. (?)

royalfan5
4/2/2006, 11:46 AM
COllier had a pretty successful career at Butler before taking the NU job, as i recall. (?)
He was pretty successful at Butler, but he also had Thad Matta, Sean Miller, and Todd Lickliter all three of which are accomplished head coaches on staff with him there. He never had that caliber of assistant at Nebraska and that is reflected in the amount of success Nebraska has had.

King Crimson
4/2/2006, 11:50 AM
i didn't know that about Matta. i guess he went from Butler to Xavier?

unthinkably, i guess with Kelvin going to IU and Eddie out in Stillwater....that leaves Ricardo Patton as "Dean" of the Big XII coaches.:eek:

royalfan5
4/2/2006, 12:06 PM

unthinkably, i guess with Kelvin going to IU and Eddie out in Stillwater....that leaves Ricardo Patton as "Dean" of the Big XII coaches.:eek:
Matta was head coach at Butler for 1 year before going to Xavier.

OUstud
4/2/2006, 12:10 PM
Good luck on Collier leaving.

jdsooner
4/2/2006, 12:28 PM

The OSU faithful I talked to this week indicated that Eddie is not out and may come back for one last year.:eddie:

spaceman
4/2/2006, 02:00 PM
The OSU faithful I talked to this week indicated that Eddie is not out and may come back for one last year.:eddie:How fitting. I can see it now, ten cent beer night. :)