PDA

View Full Version : What away games are you planning on attending this year?

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 09:11 AM
True away games not Texas.

I am going to Oregon, Baylor, for sure and maybe A&M and Stoolwater.

Harry Beanbag
4/2/2006, 10:48 AM
We're trying to swing Oregon, not sure yet.

Flagstaffsooner
4/2/2006, 10:53 AM
Glendale #8 :D

'neath a Western Sky......

http://www.usahosts.com/images/destination-arizona-sunset.jpg

Al Gore
4/2/2006, 11:13 AM
Post the schedule....

Flagstaffsooner
4/2/2006, 11:19 AM
Post the schedule....Lazy Al
2006 Schedule (http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=190&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2469&SPORT_TAB_SEL=03)

Jimminy Crimson
4/2/2006, 01:01 PM
All of them! :cool:

Octavian
4/2/2006, 01:28 PM
Sat, Sep 02 UAB Norman

Sat, Sep 09 Washington Norman

Sat, Sep 16 Oregon at Eugene, Ore.

Sat, Sep 23 Middle Tennessee Norman

Sat, Oct 07 Texas at Dallas, Texas*

Sat, Oct 14 Iowa State Norman

Sat, Oct 21 Colorado Norman

Sat, Oct 28 Missouri at Columbia, Mo.

Sat, Nov 04 Texas A&M at College Station, Texas

Sat, Nov 11 Texas Tech Norman

Sat, Nov 18 Baylor at Waco, Texas

Sat, Nov 25 Oklahoma State at Stillwater, Okla.

*OU is technically the home team and will wear crimson

Probably all except Baylor...

I've never been to Columbia so I'm hoping thats cool

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 01:33 PM
Probably all except Baylor...

I've never been to Columbia so I'm hoping thats cool

The Missouri fans are by far the worst in the Big 12. I have been to every venue and the times I have been to Mizzou were the worst.

Baylor on the other hand is always one of the really fun trips to take. I have sat on the 45-50 yardline everytime I have been there. The parking is close, the prices cheap and it's not a bad drive.

Octavian
4/2/2006, 01:45 PM
The Missouri fans are by far the worst in the Big 12. I have been to every venue and the times I have been to Mizzou were the worst.

really? I always though KState surely was the worst. The Buffs fanbase was awful in the early and mid-90s when they were really good, but I've never been to Boulder either.

I have sat on the 45-50 yardline everytime I have been there. The parking is close, the prices cheap and it's not a bad drive.

heh...yep. In 04 there were almost as many Sooners as Baylor fans...

we got to sit at field level and by the end of the game, the Baylor students were crowding and pushing each other to get as close to the field as they could so they could shake AD's hand...it was a good day :)

IronSooner
4/2/2006, 01:55 PM

I've been to MU and CU and thought CU fans were much worse. All the OU students at the Mizzou game stood on their "bleachers", which were really decaying wood, and then got bitched at several times by the ushers and told to stand on the pavement. Their seating sucked, and their stupid little helmet car that drives around the track, but I liked their campus. I could have sworn I saw their fans doing "spirit fingers" at kickoff, but can't get any MU people to admit it.

Baylor on the other hand is always one of the really fun trips to take. I have sat on the 45-50 yardline everytime I have been there. The parking is close, the prices cheap and it's not a bad drive.

Baylor is a lot of fun. Their stadium's not that close to campus, so you park probably in a field somewhere across the street, but their students are cool. You can buy tickets for $5 the day of, walk in and sit wherever you want. Their fans are all pretty cordial and even if we look crappy by OU standards, will assure you that OU will still win. I found that funny. Their bear claw thing at kickoff is kinda funny too.

KC//CRIMSON
4/2/2006, 01:56 PM
Misery, and kstate has the worst fans.

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 02:02 PM
Misery, and kstate has the worst fans.

Just like everything else K-State is a distant second to MU. ;)

MamaMia
4/2/2006, 02:47 PM
We're on a very tight budget so that we can afford to have our home remodeled. This year we will only be able to make the home games, the Baylor game and the OU/Texas game. The home games are 3 hours away from us, so we meet up with friends and family and make a whole weekend out of it.

Thank goodness we live in Oklahoma and can get the OU games on the telly, otherwise we just would of had to do without the remodeling. ;)

goingoneight
4/2/2006, 03:07 PM
apparently you've never been to Stoolwater. That 2002 win they had was the worst show of "class" I've ever seen. I was more embarassed by their behavior, than I was embarassed that we just lost to one of the worst football teams in the country. Even though it was "back to back" cow-poker wins, nothing will ever top the 2003 "Bedlam" game. So Loud, so proud, they came in, how red their faces were in the end of things...

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 03:54 PM
apparently you've never been to Stoolwater. That 2002 win they had was the worst show of "class" I've ever seen. I was more embarassed by their behavior, than I was embarassed that we just lost to one of the worst football teams in the country. Even though it was "back to back" cow-poker wins, nothing will ever top the 2003 "Bedlam" game. So Loud, so proud, they came in, how red their faces were in the end of things...

:les: LET ER RIP!!!!! :les:

snp
4/2/2006, 03:58 PM
Baylor, TAMU, OSU.

I would go to more, but I don't know anyone who goes to Mizzou or Oregon.

Also, hopping on the bandwagon that the Baylor game is good times. Good fans and cheap seats. Waco is pretty dull though.

suncoastsooner7
4/2/2006, 07:05 PM
Been to them all and Colorado hands down.

OUstud
4/2/2006, 07:08 PM
Mizzou, A&M, Baylor, and possibly Aggy.

Also, KSU has the worst fans of any place I've been to, but I would imagine the Aggy would easily claim that distinction.

sooner518
4/2/2006, 08:00 PM
i hope to go to the ORegon game, and Ill be living in Denver soon, so next time we play the Buffs, I hope to witness their horrible fans. Ive heard bad stories.

Al Gore
4/2/2006, 09:12 PM
Lazy Al
2006 Schedule (http://www.soonersports.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=190&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2469&SPORT_TAB_SEL=03)Most likely the Mizzou game.....

Snyder Cyclone
4/2/2006, 10:00 PM
Baylor and Texas A&M baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IronSooner
4/2/2006, 10:03 PM
Oregon if at all possible, maybe Mizzou.

mrowl
4/3/2006, 08:56 AM
Oregon, A&M, and Baylor

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/3/2006, 07:02 PM
mizzou fans were relatively decent when mrs. stonecold and i went in 2002. i saw MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH worse in dallas in 2000 after 63-14. they were easily worse than oSu fans in 02 in stoolwater. easily.

TheGodfather889
4/3/2006, 07:09 PM
The Texas A&M game.

mizzOUstu702
4/3/2006, 07:58 PM
I could have sworn I saw their fans doing "spirit fingers" at kickoff, but can't get any MU people to admit it.

Uhh...yeah...I'm a student at Mizzou (still an OU fan though--check the sig), and, being used to the awe-inspiring #1 fingers across the stadium, I came to Mizzou. I hoped they had something cool, like a tiger paw with your hands or something. Anything. But yeah, it's pretty much spirit fingers, with an "oooohh UH!" type of thing and after it's kicked off an uninspired "Go Tigers..." before Gary Pinkel decides to run it on 3rd and 16. I'll be wearing Crimson and Cream on Oct. 28th though.

trwxxa
4/3/2006, 08:46 PM
aTm.

yermom
4/4/2006, 03:06 PM
Fiesta Bowl...us vs domers for the silver ball

(please lord let me be right figuring that's the site for the championship game)

actually they are doing the +1 thing this year, right?

if so, the NC game is a week after the Fiesta Bowl

i hope to make it to Oregon, all the others should be pretty easy to make. MU and ISU aren't too far from KC

Beef
4/4/2006, 03:23 PM
Oregon. With a stop in Vegas on the way.

Vegas Sooner
4/4/2006, 04:53 PM
Oregon

yermom
4/4/2006, 04:54 PM
Oregon. With a stop in Vegas on the way.

that sounds like fun :D

auto
4/4/2006, 04:56 PM
Going to hit Oregon, ton of friends in Seattle and Portland, cruise by Wine Country on the way down.:D

Vegas Sooner
4/4/2006, 05:07 PM
Going to hit Oregon, ton of friends in Seattle and Portland, cruise by Wine Country on the way down.:D
yup! thats the way to do it.

goingoneight
4/4/2006, 09:25 PM
mizzou fans were relatively decent when mrs. stonecold and i went in 2002. i saw MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH worse in dallas in 2000 after 63-14. they were easily worse than oSu fans in 02 in stoolwater. easily.

Have you ever been told to "get the **** out of, here ***sole" by Mizzou?
This lady had two young kids standing with her when she decided to showcase her "classy" side.

"How about "****-O-U, 8888-O-U!!!" ???--is what they were shouting as the players walked onto and off of the field.

"Go back to Norman!" commonly heard even when visiting on non-gamedays at Stoolwater. Okay, crystal footballs are more interesting than cows anyway.

"One-man-team!!!" And that ONE MAN in 2002 would be who? Did he return to beat you for the 75th time in 2003?

Never heard more vulgar display of the "F-Bomber" in my life. They said it sooo much directed at me and my friends, the word lost it's impact to me for quite some time. It had to have been two weeks! :)

All I ever heard Missouri say in three trips to Columbia is "Choke-Choke," or "o-ver-ra-ted." Obviously we've proven them wrong cuz the only OU loss I've ever witnessed live was 2005 RRS. Even :texan: showed more class than faggy.

soonerlaw
4/5/2006, 09:50 AM
I will be at the Mizzou game. Tix are already available online for the game (although I think you get put on a list but are guaranteed seats...).