PDA

View Full Version : I hate jet lag...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/2/2006, 04:41 AM
Got home Saturday afternoon, slept about 8 hours on the flight form Tokyo. Stayed up until about 9:30 and then had to go to bed. Have been up since 2:30, er, 3:30...

I hate jet lag and how it jacks with your body...:rcmad:

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 07:33 AM
Got home Saturday afternoon, slept about 8 hours on the flight form Tokyo. Stayed up until about 9:30 and then had to go to bed. Have been up since 2:30, er, 3:30...

I hate jet lag and how it jacks with your body...:rcmad:

I think there's more to it than just the time change dealio. You also feel rough because of the 8+ hours of dry, stale cabin air and relative inactivity. Its easy to get dehydrated and that makes you feel like crap too.

I always found what worked best was to try to stay up through the first night if you arrive home in the evening (when headed westbound) and then go to bed as close as possible to your regular time the following evening. Also, drink more water than you normally do while flying and after you land (just make sure your pee is clear and you'll know you're getting enough)

TheHumanAlphabet
4/2/2006, 03:10 PM
About the water...when did we get married? ;)

Okla-homey
4/2/2006, 03:13 PM
About the water...when did we get married? ;)

Fine! just trying to be helpful. I used to fly for a living and stuff. :(

King Crimson
4/2/2006, 03:36 PM
I think there's more to it than just the time change dealio. You also feel rough because of the 8+ hours of dry, stale cabin air and relative inactivity. Its easy to get dehydrated and that makes you feel like crap too.

I always found what worked best was to try to stay up through the first night if you arrive home in the evening (when headed westbound) and then go to bed as close as possible to your regular time the following evening. Also, drink more water than you normally do while flying and after you land (just make sure your pee is clear and you'll know you're getting enough)

i agree. flying is crappy for system. i try and bring a couple bagels, or rye bread and good cheese, and apple or something....to have later in the flight and a quality sandwich (that actually has vegetables on it) for the first part. and a water bottle of my own. like Homey says: getting up and walking around is key.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/3/2006, 01:58 AM
Fine! just trying to be helpful. I used to fly for a living and stuff. :(

Noo, perhaps I was inartful. My wife was telling me the same thing about a minute before I posted. I guess I was not clear when I thought I was being funny.

I was slamming the water, but perhaps not enough. As I get older, the flying thing is harder...

Try as hard as I might, I went to sleep about 8 tonight. Hope I am not up the rest of the morning. Needless to say, I not in the office Monday...

OklahomaTuba
4/3/2006, 09:11 AM
I find that some strong pills and liquor work well for me.

soonerjoker
4/3/2006, 10:36 AM
if you flew north-south, would you get "jet lag" ??

TheHumanAlphabet
4/4/2006, 07:47 AM
No, just tired...

I am in the office today, have a morning meeting, after that, I hope I can get caught up...