KC//CRIMSON
4/2/2006, 12:06 AM
Rocks.

Hard.

Core.

ChickSoonerFan
4/2/2006, 12:07 AM
We don't have any here :(

But I have been to one in Phoenix a couple times and in Dallas.

Good stuff.

IronSooner
4/2/2006, 12:20 AM
Their barbacoa makes for a tasty burrito.

SoonerWood
4/2/2006, 12:44 AM
Their barbacoa makes for a tasty burrito.

Thats made from boiled cowhead. Brains and stuff. mmmm...boy

puke. :eek:

sanantoniosooner
4/2/2006, 12:46 AM

Usually is the meat on the scalp or cheeky area. It depends on who's making it and how picky they are on the meat.

I don't eat it either way.

yermom
4/2/2006, 12:48 AM
dammit, i'm going next time i'm in Dallas

SeattleOUstudent
4/2/2006, 02:23 AM
... is my favorite eatery. period.

SeattleOUstudent
4/2/2006, 02:23 AM
You could probably do a search and see how many Chipotle threads I have participated in.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/2/2006, 04:45 AM

I don't think their's is true barbacoa, nice pulled meat that's not greasy or slimy...

Now, I think Taco Cabana has true barbacoa, that stuff is nasty...

4/2/2006, 07:29 AM
Usually is the meat on the scalp or cheeky area.

So your saying the barbacoa actually rocks the COW'S face off.

4/2/2006, 07:35 AM
How to make authentic barbacoa:

Before you actually get the cabeza (beef head), understand that it
won't look very nice -in fact it will look pretty gruesome.
Therefore, I suggest purchasing the thing the day you cook it.

In the Rio Grande Valley, barbacoa de cabeza is traditionally
eaten on Sunday mornings.

Clean the cabeza, removing eyes, ears, etc. Discard the tongue.
Leaving it will impart an odd taste to the meat. Sprinkle salt
and pepper over the whole cabeza. Wrap the cabeza in a paper sack,
along with onions, garlic, and cilantro. Wrap THAT in burlap.

Dig a hole 2 feet deep and build a driftwood fire in it. Wait until
the fire goes to coals, then cover them with ashes, followed by the
cabeza, then about 2 inches of dry dirt or sand. Fill up the hole.
Add 6 to 8 inches of dirt or sand over it. Build a fire on top of
the ground. Use slow-burning wood such as oak or mesquite.

Leave the cabeza in the hole 12 to 18 hours. For example, if you
begin cooking it at 4:00 p.m., it should be ready by the next
morning. Serve with tortillas.

If your spouse objects to the digging the hole in the backyard, then
wrap the cabeza in foil and bake it in an oven or over a charcoal
grill. Using foil in place of the paper bag keeps the cabeza slightly
moister while it it cooking. I also suggest not 'cleaning' the head
in the kitchen-tends to strain a marriage.

If you cannot get a fresh cabeza, use a large chuck roast (10-12 lbs.)
and follow the same directions. Not as 'tasty', but a good
substitute and less work to prepare.

RacerX
4/2/2006, 08:39 AM
Discard the tongue. Leaving it will impart an odd taste to the meat.

That part made me chuckle.

BillyBall
4/2/2006, 09:19 AM
Their "hot" salsa will literally make your *** explode.

BajaOklahoma
4/2/2006, 09:48 AM
Their "hot" salsa will literally make your *** explode.

Whimp. It's not that hot. Drink some milk or take an antacid.

BillyBall
4/2/2006, 09:50 AM
Whimp. It's not that hot. Drink some milk or take an antacid.

Oh it's not that it's hot, it's just got a chemical structure which destroys asses

Cam
4/2/2006, 09:01 PM
When we go to Wichita or Austin, it's the first place we hit.

I wish they'd franchise. We'd be more than happy to open a couple stores.

Hopefully they'll be in OKC at some point.

BajaOklahoma
4/2/2006, 09:33 PM
Oh it's not that it's hot, it's just got a chemical structure which destroys asses

It's the capsin. Drink some milk before and after the meal, it helps. Not a total cure, but it helps/

We ate at El Norte tonight. Great salsa and chips. Monday's special is all you can eat fajita's. Ummmm! I have to avoid that - I have no will power. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
4/2/2006, 10:24 PM
i havent been yet, but i'm told "freebirds" in addison is even better than chipotle, which is really good imo...

SelmaBamaFan
4/2/2006, 10:28 PM
OMG I havent had a Chipotle in quite a while. Thank you for making this post so i can drop into a deep depression because of not having one around :(

Whenever im out west at a site, I'm usually on what I like to call a Chipotle diet!!

sanantoniosooner
4/2/2006, 10:30 PM
We've got'em right here in a San Antonio, and the only one I've eaten at is in Arlington several times.

Weird, I've eaten donuts from the Krispy Kreme in Roundrock more than here in San Antonio also.

GottaHavePride
4/2/2006, 10:31 PM
i havent been yet, but i'm told "freebirds" in addison is even better than chipotle, which is really good imo...

I stopped at the Starbucks right next to that place on my way back to Norman on Saturday.

that's all. I don't know anything else about the place.

Boarder
4/2/2006, 10:32 PM
To not francise, they have them all over. I ate at one in Columbus, Ohio. It, strangely enough, was probably the best one I've eaten at.

They are excellent burritos. I get the carnitas with rice, black beans, hot salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese. I like it a lot.

GottaHavePride
4/2/2006, 10:33 PM
To not francise, they have them all over. I ate at one in Columbus, Ohio. It, strangely enough, was probably the best one I've eaten at.

They are excellent burritos. I get the carnitas with rice, black beans, hot salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese. I like it a lot.

I order nearly the same thing, except pinto beans and no guac.

Boarder
4/2/2006, 10:35 PM
They have some of the best restaurant guacamole there is. And, the black beans makes it healthy or something.

IronSooner
4/2/2006, 10:36 PM
I actually like the black beans better. Never saw that coming.

GottaHavePride
4/2/2006, 10:36 PM
True, I like their guac. I just don't usually put it in the burrito. I just tend to prefer the pinto beans to the black beans. I should experiment to see which variety causes less flatulation.

Boarder
4/2/2006, 10:38 PM
I should experiment to see which variety causes less flatulation.

Extra flatuation is the bonus of them. Especially with the nice weather. Roll down the windows on the way home and :les: LET ER' RIP!

GottaHavePride
4/2/2006, 10:40 PM
Heh. Then PG will start a "Something Stinky This Way Comes" thread...

KC//CRIMSON
4/2/2006, 10:40 PM
Burrito - Rice + Grilled Chicken + Black Beans + Mild Salsa + Cheese + Sour Cream = Nummins

If you want to live on the edge, get the soft tacos with rice as one of the fillings. RYFO!

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 10:43 PM
Burrito + Rice + Grilled Chicken + Black Beans + Hot Salsa + Cheese + Guacamole= I wish we had one here in Ardmore :(

GottaHavePride
4/2/2006, 10:49 PM
Chicken? Chicken? when the goodness that is carnitas is available? Blasphemers.

jk the sooner fan
4/2/2006, 10:53 PM
their guac does rocketh my face off

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 10:59 PM
Go to http://www.chipotle.com/ then click on Eat then on Live Action to watch them make the guac. :D

Boarder
4/3/2006, 12:17 PM
Go to http://www.chipotle.com/ then click on Eat then on Live Action to watch them make the guac. :D
How 'bout I just poke myself in the eye? That'd feel as good as watching them make the guacamole when it's a couple hunrded miles away.

Cam
4/4/2006, 02:56 PM
The only people I know who like Freebirds better are A&M fans. Chipotle's kicks Freebirds *** IMO.

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 03:14 PM
I've never been to Chipotle's, but I do know that freebirds pwns the hell out of Moe's and Qdoba. Atomic Burrito is another in that style, but I've never been there either. I know they left Norman, but did they go out of business altogether?

TheHumanAlphabet
4/4/2006, 03:14 PM
Freebird's isn't that good. Chipotle is better according to me and Mrs. THA...

yermom
4/4/2006, 03:16 PM
I've never been to Chipotle's, but I do know that freebirds pwns the hell out of Moe's and Qdoba. Atomic Burrito is another in that style, but I've never been there either. I know they left Norman, but did they go out of business altogether?

seems like Atomic Burrito is still around, i never liked it

Moe's is much better

Howzit
4/4/2006, 03:18 PM
Freebird's isn't that good. Chipotle is better according to me and Mrs. THA...

The guitar solo should have been halved.

skycat
4/4/2006, 03:19 PM
We've got'em right here in a San Antonio, and the only one I've eaten at is in Arlington several times.

Weird, I've eaten donuts from the Krispy Kreme in Roundrock more than here in San Antonio also.

If you're eating donuts in Round Rock, and aren't eating them at Round Rock Donuts, you know nothing about where to eat donuts in Round Rock. :mad:

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 03:20 PM
Chipotle pwns Freebirds.

Moes is better than Atomic

There was a small chain for a while called New York Burrito Company or something like that. They were pretty danged good.

skycat
4/4/2006, 03:22 PM
The only people I know who like Freebirds better are A&M fans. Chipotle's kicks Freebirds *** IMO.

I'm no aTm fan, but Freebirds >> Chipotle.

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 03:24 PM
I'm no aTm fan, but Freebirds >> Chipotle.

A&M, KState, same thing.

Aggy! :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/4/2006, 03:25 PM
You people truly are deprived of good Mexican food.

I weep for you.

yermom
4/4/2006, 03:26 PM
The guitar solo should have been halved.

i think it was :D

Jimminy Crimson
4/4/2006, 03:27 PM
You people truly are deprived of good Mexican food.

I weep for you.

I don't think anyone ever said todays incarnation of burritos were messican. ;)

skycat
4/4/2006, 03:28 PM
A&M, KState, same thing.

Aggy! :D

I ain't no Aggie.
I still see Sir Parker when I close my eyes at night. :(

Cam
4/4/2006, 03:31 PM
If you're eating donuts in Round Rock, and aren't eating them at Round Rock Donuts, you know nothing about where to eat donuts in Round Rock. :mad:
Sorry, but Round Rock Donuts succs. Don't hold a candle to KK.

skycat
4/4/2006, 03:34 PM

It's my turn to weep.

n8v_ndn
4/4/2006, 03:36 PM

I found a Chipotle in Minneapolis in '03...wonder why they skipped OK :confused:

Personally, I prefer Freebirds. One of them had some funny radio spots last year. I still want to get that black tshirt with the snake silhouette that looks like he swallowed a silver torpedo whole :D

KStatePike
4/4/2006, 03:36 PM
I would probobly be 10 pounds lighter if there wasn't Chipotle in Aggieville. They only serve like 3 items, but they're all really really good.

skycat
4/4/2006, 03:40 PM
I would probobly be 10 pounds lighter if there wasn't Chipotle in Aggieville. They only serve like 3 items, but they're all really really good.

Back in my day we didn't have no fancy Chipotle in Aggieville. We did have a joint called "The Pink Taco" though. They actually dyed their tortillas pink. I kid you not.

n8v_ndn
4/4/2006, 03:41 PM

RR Donuts' yellow candle wax frosting makes me sad in my gullet. KK's is like pockets of super sweet nothingness. The St. Louis KK's served donuts AND bagels, at least back in '98. Their bagels were the best...evar.

C&CDean
4/4/2006, 03:41 PM
Are y'all talking about that place that's on every corner in "trendy" places that only serves burritos, tacos, and a couple other things?

If so, the American judge gives it a C+. Maybe a B-. I mean it's OK for fake Mexican food, but better burritos can be found in a lot of places.

crawfish
4/4/2006, 03:43 PM
Freebirds >>>> Chipotle.

And that's from a SOONER fan. :mad:

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 03:46 PM
Well, the big appeal IMO is the size. Sure, it's a burrito, and a fairly average one, at that. But it's MASSIVE. That warrants style points, I think.

skycat
4/4/2006, 03:47 PM
Freebirds >>>> Chipotle.

And that's from a SOONER fan. :mad:

Take THAT Chipotle apologists!!:mad:

C&CDean
4/4/2006, 03:51 PM
Well, the big appeal IMO is the size. Sure, it's a burrito, and a fairly average one, at that. But it's MASSIVE. That warrants style points, I think.

Dude, go to Tucson. Micha's, MiNidito, Casa Molina, El Molinitos, or about a hundred other places. They don't have "burritos" on the menu. They have "burros." In spanish, adding the "ito (masculine) or ita (feminine)" to the end of a word means "little." So, a "burrito" is just a little burro. And the average burro will not fit on a regular sized dinner plate. As it should be.

Carry on with your chipotle/freebird/wannabemessicanfood talk.

skycat
4/4/2006, 03:55 PM
MMMMmmmmm. Burro.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ciencia/images/20030529-burro240.jpg

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 04:00 PM
Okay, I think it's high time we classify the many groups of "Mexican Food".

TRUE Mexican
Tex-Mex
New Mexican
Restaurant-style (Think Don Pablo's)
Crap (Taco Bell, etc.)

I think what Dean is mentioning is more along the lines of New Mexican, which tends to be the spiciest of the groups, with some of the odder recipes. Tex-Mex is where most of the other groups spawned from, so you see a lot of it (watered-down) in restaurants like Chipotle, Chile's Don Pablo's, and even down to the Crap selections. True Mexican, in my experience, isn't that spicy. Sure, they have some spicy chit in there, but it's in the minority. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

C&CDean
4/4/2006, 04:05 PM
Okay, I think it's high time we classify the many groups of "Mexican Food".

TRUE Mexican
Tex-Mex
New Mexican
Restaurant-style (Think Don Pablo's)
Crap (Taco Bell, etc.)

I think what Dean is mentioning is more along the lines of New Mexican, which tends to be the spiciest of the groups, with some of the odder recipes. Tex-Mex is where most of the other groups spawned from, so you see a lot of it (watered-down) in restaurants like Chipotle, Chile's Don Pablo's, and even down to the Crap selections. True Mexican, in my experience, isn't that spicy. Sure, they have some spicy chit in there, but it's in the minority. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

You're wrong.

Mexican food is pretty much based on the state (in Mexico) - not unlike Italian (Northern, Sicilian, Southern) or Chinese (Mandarin, Hunan, Szechuan, etc.) In Arizona, you have Sonoran style food. In California, there's more of a Baja California flavor. In Texas, you have crappy and greasy border-hopping crapola.

Of course with all the "blends" of Mexicans from different states, and all the pathetic gringo taste buds who need sour cream and fakey cheese sauce and cardboard tortillas, and canned Hormel chili poured all over your enchiladas and tamales, it's a wonder there's anything even edible out there anymore.

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 04:10 PM
You're wrong.

Mexican food is pretty much based on the state (in Mexico) - not unlike Italian (Northern, Sicilian, Southern) or Chinese (Mandarin, Hunan, Szechuan, etc.) In Arizona, you have Sonoran style food. In California, there's more of a Baja California flavor. In Texas, you have crappy and greasy border-hopping crapola.

Of course with all the "blends" of Mexicans from different states, and all the pathetic gringo taste buds who need sour cream and fakey cheese sauce and cardboard tortillas, and canned Hormel chili poured all over your enchiladas and tamales, it's a wonder there's anything even edible out there anymore.

Interesting. When I visited, I had some pretty basic dishes, so I assumed (incorrectly) that they'd be prepared the same. I've never had Californian-style, so I'm curious as to how it differs from the Sonoran stuff. I know most of the stuff that appears across the country is a bastardization of Tex-mex, but there really is good stuff down there if you look in the right place.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 04:50 PM
I've never been to anything I couldn't see from I-35 in Round Rock.

It's just a spot on the map to me.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah...........The mexican food in South Texas sucks..........

That's why two of the fattest cities in the US are down here.

SoonerBBall
4/4/2006, 06:14 PM
I actually like Moe's more than Chipotle.

KC//CRIMSON
4/4/2006, 07:01 PM
Heh. It wouldn't be a true South Oval Chipolte thread unless somebody didn't stop by and take a dump on it.

Chipotle pwns you all!

C&CDean
4/4/2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah...........The mexican food in South Texas sucks..........

That's why two of the fattest cities in the US are down here.

You call that nasty **** at Mi Tierra "mexican food?" Whatever. Just cause y'all are fat asses from eating that fakey fajita crapola on a shingle doesn't mean you've got good food.

NormanPride,

If you go eat on the Baja Penninsula you'll find a lot of seafood dishes. Makes sense, since the ocean is like right there and ****. If you're ever in La Paz, eat at a place called Caballo Blanco. It will remove your face from your head. Very much unlike Austin/San Antonio spanglish border grub.

C&CDean
4/4/2006, 07:43 PM
Heh. It wouldn't be a true South Oval Chipolte thread unless somebody didn't stop by and take a dump on it.

Chipotle pwns you all!

Gavacho. Pinchey gavacho.

Loosely translated - white boy, ****ing white boy. Dude, you order your chipotle crap with mild sauce. That's like drinking near beer.

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 07:47 PM
You call that nasty **** at Mi Tierra "mexican food?" Whatever. Just cause y'all are fat asses from eating that fakey fajita crapola on a shingle doesn't mean you've got good food.

NormanPride,

If you go eat on the Baja Penninsula you'll find a lot of seafood dishes. Makes sense, since the ocean is like right there and ****. If you're ever in La Paz, eat at a place called Caballo Blanco. It will remove your face from your head. Very much unlike Austin/San Antonio spanglish border grub.

Yeah, I've had some Mexican seafood dishes. Very tasty! I still say the Japanese do seafood right, though.

I need to go to Mexico again. Man, that was an awesome trip.

C&CDean
4/4/2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I've had some Mexican seafood dishes. Very tasty! I still say the Japanese do seafood right, though.

I need to go to Mexico again. Man, that was an awesome trip.

Two words:

Fish. Tacos.

IB4OU2
4/4/2006, 07:59 PM
Two words:

Fish. Tacos.

Rubio's Fish Taco's in LA RMFO!

NormanPride
4/4/2006, 08:05 PM
Fish Tacos are awesome. The Elephant Bar here in Tulsa does a pretty good pair. I also had them at El Rio Verde, and they were tasty.

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 08:28 PM
You call that nasty **** at Mi Tierra "mexican food?"
Yeah.......I was specifically talking about Mi Tierra. How did you know?

:rolleyes:

There are more flavors of mexican food down here than you can name. It's all different and it all has it positives and negatives. I can take you to authentic, to TexMex or to many blends of the two.

Thinking you got all of San Antonio pegged is pretty shallow.

jk the sooner fan
4/4/2006, 08:33 PM
there's more than enough mexican food snobs around here.....fit in perfectly with the beer snobs

ITS MEXICAN FOOD people.......jeezus, its not gourmet

you think Juanita in Tamazula cooks gourmet? hardly......

most of the tex-mex in san antonio is good.....TO ME, you mexican food "purists" can continue on your holy grail search for the best mexican

if your'e going to the river walk or el mercado to get the best mexican in san antonio, then your'e definitely a tourist

sanantoniosooner
4/4/2006, 08:35 PM
there's more than enough mexican food snobs around here.....fit in perfectly with the beer snobs

ITS MEXICAN FOOD people.......jeezus, its not gourmet

you think Juanita in Tamazula cooks gourmet? hardly......

most of the tex-mex in san antonio is good.....TO ME, you mexican food "purists" can continue on your holy grail search for the best mexican

if your'e going to the river walk or el mercado to get the best mexican in san antonio, then your'e definitely a tourist
PREACH IT BRUTHA!!!!!!!

jk the sooner fan
4/4/2006, 08:35 PM
Tomatillo's......

nuff said

sooneron
4/4/2006, 08:42 PM
You're wrong.

You forgot New Messican which is a whole other ball o wax! Good though.

Crap!!! That was numbah 9K for me and it was in a friggin burrito thread! figures, fat jihad!

Sooner24
4/4/2006, 11:09 PM
Two words:

Fish. Tacos.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....smells like fish, looks like taco.............:eek: !!!!!!!

C&CDean
4/5/2006, 08:13 AM
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....smells like fish, looks like taco.............:eek: !!!!!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about.....

sanantonio,

Relax max. There's good grub down there. Hell, I even enjoy Taco Hell from time-to-time. It's just simply Americanized mexican. That's what you get anywhere from about Hobbs, NM east to Florida, and north to Minnesota. San Antonio just happens to have a lot of Mexicans - therefore there's a lot of "mexican" food joints. In terms of what most ****in' hillbillies consider "mexican food" it's good.

jk,

You wouldn't know good food if it hit you in the mouth. Twenty+ years of eating mess hall grub has ruined your taste buds. I'm jealous though. I wish I could dish up a plate of plastic cheese covered crap and call it "good mexican food." Next, you're gonna tell me you can get a good steak at Sizzlin' Sirloin.

sooneron,

I like New Mexico mexican grub. It's pretty "indianized." The blue corn, lots of green chile dishes, etc. is good stuff.

jk the sooner fan
4/5/2006, 08:19 AM
T
jk,

You wouldn't know good food if it hit you in the mouth. Twenty+ years of eating mess hall grub has ruined your taste buds. I'm jealous though. I wish I could dish up a plate of plastic cheese covered crap and call it "good mexican food." Next, you're gonna tell me you can get a good steak at Sizzlin' Sirloin.

20 years of mess hall food? pffftt.....dude, i wasnt a grunt like you, i was allowed to go off base and eat real food.....have you seen my stomach?

i havent been inside a mess hall since forever

i know what good food is..i have proof of it just above my belt

C&CDean
4/5/2006, 08:31 AM
you can get fat eating crap amigo

jk the sooner fan
4/5/2006, 08:33 AM
you dont say?

C&CDean
4/5/2006, 08:35 AM
No, I do say. I eat plenty of crap searching for good food. I'm walking, talking proof.

jk the sooner fan
4/5/2006, 08:39 AM
nowwwwwwwwww who's being the literal ninny.......

next time you're in san antonio, lemme know and i'll send you to the good place

actually, the place next to mi tierra is better (la margarita)....its owned by the same folks that own mi tierra

but you want good 'tex-mex', you stay off the riverwalk or the market place

C&CDean
4/5/2006, 09:15 AM
nowwwwwwwwww who's being the literal ninny.......

next time you're in san antonio, lemme know and i'll send you to the good place

actually, the place next to mi tierra is better (la margarita)....its owned by the same folks that own mi tierra

but you want good 'tex-mex', you stay off the riverwalk or the market place

Dude, I've never eaten on the riverwalk. Evar. I've eaten at La Margarita. It's good, for tex-mex. But you'll never find lengua, carne seca, machaca, or 24" paper thin tortillas there. Probably can't even find albondigas or white/red menudo either.

sanantoniosooner
4/5/2006, 08:22 PM
Dude, I've never eaten on the riverwalk. Evar. I've eaten at La Margarita. It's good, for tex-mex. But you'll never find lengua, carne seca, machaca, or 24" paper thin tortillas there. Probably can't even find albondigas or white/red menudo either.
I can take you a dozen places for that stuff.

Like I said, you can get ANY type of mexican food here if you know where to look.

KC//CRIMSON
8/2/2007, 06:44 PM
Chipotle is coming to Oklahoma this fall. Locations in Tulsa and OKC TBA.:cool:

Hello!

You are correct that we are opening a couple of restaurants in Oklahoma this year. If you sign up on the e-mail list we will send you info about these store's opening date and promotions. I hope this information is helpful, have a good day.

Sincerely,

Kenwood
Chipotle

47straight
8/2/2007, 06:58 PM
Chipotle = McDonald's = blech.

Freebird's is where it's at.

KC//CRIMSON
8/2/2007, 07:04 PM
Chipotle = McDonald's = blech.

Freebird's is where it's at.

A. McDonalds is a shareholder, they do not run the company. Operational control is still under the same guy who started the company.

B. Freebirds is hammerd dog *hit compared to the quality of Chipotle.;)

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 07:15 PM
You dredged this POS back up?

Rice does NOT go inside a burro.

soonerboomer93
8/2/2007, 07:15 PM
yeah, if you love rice burritos, chipotle is greatness

but it's just not all that

GottaHavePride
8/2/2007, 07:22 PM
Since the demise of Atomic Burrito, Chipotle is all I have. ;)

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2007, 07:33 PM

It all goes the same place anyway.

And anyone who thinks they are the authority on what belongs on a pizza or in a burrito is full of it.

And probably a Harry Potter watching snake chaser.;)

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 07:46 PM
It all goes the same place anyway.

And anyone who thinks they are the authority on what belongs on a pizza or in a burrito is full of it.

And probably a Harry Potter watching snake chaser.;)

I managed about 25 mexican mechanics when I lived in Tucson. I've seen pretty much everything put into a tortilla and rolled up. They'd bring in last night's roast beef, taters, and carrots in a burrito, peanut butter and jelly, tuna salad, fish, and even french fries.

But I wouldn't call any of that stuff a "real" mexican burrito. Meat (beef, pork, chicken, fish), beans, and maybe cheese is what goes into a real burrito. And by "real" I mean one you'll get from a roadside stand 500 miles south of the border, not one you'll get in tex-mex ville.

And somewhere back in this thread you said you could take me to places in SA that have carne seca, machaca, lengua, and chorizo. I ain't buying it. I ain't saying there's not, but I haven't seen a place east of NM where you can find these items. And I've looked. HARD.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2007, 07:49 PM
I've refused to try lengua several places. I've eaten chorizo and egg tacos several places.

And believe it or not half this city used to live 500 miles south of the boarder and probably didn't forget what they used to eat when they were down there.

jk the sooner fan
8/2/2007, 07:52 PM
most of the mex places down there that are off the beaten path have all of that stuff, and many times its not on the menu, but if you ask for it, they'll serve it to you

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2007, 07:54 PM
most of the mex places down there that are off the beaten path have all of that stuff, and many times its not on the menu, but if you ask for it, they'll serve it to you
But we have fake Mexicans down here. They CAN'T make authentic food.;)

jk the sooner fan
8/2/2007, 07:55 PM
right, i forgot ;)

besides, what on earth would you know about good food?

r5TPsooner
8/2/2007, 07:55 PM
Chipotle is coming to Oklahoma this fall. Locations in Tulsa and OKC TBA.:cool:

Hello!

You are correct that we are opening a couple of restaurants in Oklahoma this year. If you sign up on the e-mail list we will send you info about these store's opening date and promotions. I hope this information is helpful, have a good day.

Sincerely,

Kenwood
Chipotle

Hell yeah! Call it whatever you want... the guacamole is top shelf.

jk the sooner fan
8/2/2007, 07:57 PM
the guac at chipotle IS greatness

i dont think chipotle bills themselves as the "original burrito".......its their version, real or not, its pretty damn good eating

if you havent tried one, i'd highly suggest it

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 08:02 PM
I've refused to try lengua several places. I've eaten chorizo and egg tacos several places.

And believe it or not half this city used to live 500 miles south of the boarder and probably didn't forget what they used to eat when they were down there.

Aahh, but what state south of the border?

My preference (and anybody with half a brain who's ever gotten to try it) is Sonoran style food. Followed closely by Baja California Sur, Sinaloan, and Baja California Norte.

All that Coahuila and Chihuahua food is OK, but doesn't compare. And what you've (we've) got around there/here is Coahuila/Chihuahua food - that's been bastardized and ruined by plastic cheese sauce, cardboard tastless tortillas, and canned chili.

r5TPsooner
8/2/2007, 08:04 PM
the guac at chipotle IS greatness

i dont think chipotle bills themselves as the "original burrito".......its their version, real or not, its pretty damn good eating

if you havent tried one, i'd highly suggest it

Yep. And the poster who claims that they "specialize" in rice burritos is mistaken. If you don't want rice, ask them to leave it off. It's just that simple.
It's the Subway of Tex-Mex IMO, as I always get something different everytime. However, I usually get the chicken burrito with a little rice, some black beans, peppers, onions, cheese, corn salsa, and a dab of sour cream.

I save the guac for the chips.

It sure beats the hell out of Taco Bell.

jk the sooner fan
8/2/2007, 08:05 PM
taco bueno beats the hell out of taco bell

r5TPsooner
8/2/2007, 08:07 PM
taco bueno beats the hell out of taco bell

Definitely! Bueno Chilada platter with a taco on the side.

47straight
8/2/2007, 08:10 PM
I highly recommend leaving the rice off of a Chipotle burrito, as their rice is wretched.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2007, 08:28 PM
Jalisco is a popular mexican style down here. Make whatever you want out of that. I wouldn't know the difference. But to say something isn't authentic because it's not from the region you prefer is pure silliness.

And JK is correct about ordering items that are not on the menu. I've been with many people that get all kinds of weird stuff that isn't on the menu.

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 08:29 PM
Like Beano said, I weep for some of you tasteless slobs.

Boarder
8/2/2007, 08:29 PM
I don't care if it's made by an Irish guy named Muhammed and called blitherfarner. I love Chipotle's food...all of it.

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 08:30 PM
Especially you ^^

KC//CRIMSON
8/2/2007, 08:31 PM

I have no idea what goes inside a burro, but I bet they would love a Chipotle burrito.:P

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 08:36 PM
And for the record, I've probably eaten about 6-7 Chipotle's burritos. Mostly from the one in Alexandria Old Town Virginia.

They taste OK, and they're fairly big, but they're pretty much average burritos. Yes, a notch above the grease holes Taco (insert any word you want here), but they're just not the religious experience many of you think they are.

Kinda like Pei Wei. Average grub.

Boarder
8/2/2007, 08:37 PM
Can't hear you. I'm planning on what to get on my next blitherfarner.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2007, 08:39 PM
I don't climax over any food.

Decent grub is nice to find though.

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 08:45 PM
I don't climax over any food.

Decent grub is nice to find though.

Ah grasshoppah, I see you have not discovered foodvana.

I can pretty much blow wad over any type of really, REALLY good food.

Great Italian? Here I come. Great Mexican? Goo city. Great steak? Orgasmatic. Perfectly cooked fish? Involuntary kagels.

Food, sex, and happiness are all intertwined. If you don't get off on your food, you're simply eating ****ty food.

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2007, 08:52 PM
If you don't get off on your food, you're simply eating ****ty food.
Or you are just plain strange.

C&CDean
8/2/2007, 08:58 PM
Or you are just plain strange.

Can't argue with that. People who don't get off on good food are pretty much weirdos.

jk the sooner fan
8/2/2007, 09:08 PM
if you went back 5-6 times after the first one, it couldnt have been all bad

soonerboomer93
8/2/2007, 09:12 PM
I had some bitchin kimchi and bulgogi the other day...

There's also this great korean style rib place I need to go back to if I can find it... they were a good tasty spicy

soonerboomer93
8/2/2007, 09:14 PM
oh, and dean doesn't like chili made from hatch green chili, so I have to take his mexican food choices with a grain of salt :D

colleyvillesooner
8/2/2007, 09:26 PM
Well, we solved the "What am I going to eat for lunch tomorrow?" quandary. :D

soonerboomer93
8/2/2007, 09:32 PM
I'm hoping for leftovers from whatever Jina is cooking for dinner tonight...

JohnnyMack
8/2/2007, 09:35 PM
Can't argue with that. People who don't get off on good food are pretty much weirdos.

I have been known to get a raging stiffy over a great ribeye served with a terrific glass of wine.

bluedogok
8/2/2007, 10:08 PM
if you went back 5-6 times after the first one, it couldnt have been all bad
Well, it was Alexandria, Virgina....I would have loved some Chipotle while I was there. The "Mexican Food - Texas Style" restaurant (it was neither) we ate at there was horrible...but the guys from Philly thought it was pretty good :eek:

sanantoniosooner
8/2/2007, 10:10 PM
Well, it was Alexandria, Virgina....I would have loved some Chipotle while I was there. The "Mexican Food - Texas Style" restaurant (it was neither) we ate at there was horrible...but the guys from Philly thought it was pretty good :eek:
That's because their Texans were from EAST Texas. Therefore it's not authentic Texas Style.

bluedogok
8/2/2007, 10:16 PM
No, they weren't Texan, they were from a lot further east than Virginia.

yermom
8/2/2007, 11:31 PM
mmm... Chipotle. i just ran across one on the strip. i must visit before i leave Sin City

that and Joe's across the street at Ceasar's. mmm... Key Lime Pie...

Mjcpr
10/24/2007, 01:15 PM
For you Tulsa peeps, there's one in Tulsa as of today.

10902 E 71st St (http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectID=46&articleID=071024_5_E1_SSOMW53837)

yermom
10/24/2007, 01:20 PM
Tulsa > OKC

:(

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/24/2007, 01:30 PM
There are going to be in 3 in the OKC area though. I have a friend that works in the hotel business and their reps are staying there right now getting ready to start to build them.

Fugue
10/24/2007, 01:32 PM
Tulsa > OKC

:(

Steak Fajita Burrito for lunch.

Wichita > OKC

:texan:

Jimminy Crimson
10/24/2007, 01:50 PM
The first 'OKC' store will be at 15th and Broadway in Edmond.

r5TPsooner
10/24/2007, 03:05 PM

Close enuff I guess.

I ate at one in Wichita over the weekend and the Guacamole was some of the best that I've ever had at Chipotle's. Lots of red onions which made in even better than usual.

The kids even ate the quesadillas.

LilSooner
10/24/2007, 04:07 PM
Ok folks as having had the opportunity to eat a chipotle's in Asstin this weekend I have to say meh to the whole chipotle thing.

The same thing is in Blanchard and it's called Burrito grill.

Tastes. Exactly. The. Same.

JohnnyMack
10/24/2007, 04:08 PM
I liked it better when it was called Atomic Burrito.

yermom
10/24/2007, 04:09 PM
i hated Atomic Burrito

JohnnyMack
10/24/2007, 04:10 PM
I hate your face.

Boomer.....
10/24/2007, 04:14 PM
In. :cool:

yermom
10/24/2007, 04:14 PM
i wish Whataburger was still there

JohnnyMack
10/24/2007, 04:15 PM
Where?

Phil
10/24/2007, 04:23 PM

One mile exactly from my office. Cha-ching!!

Although, a Mexican food place owned by McDonald's is just weird.

yermom
10/24/2007, 04:24 PM
Where?

on Lindsey where Atomic Burrito used to be

McAlister's is lame

royalfan5
10/24/2007, 04:27 PM
One mile exactly from my office. Cha-ching!!

Although, a Mexican food place owned by McDonald's is just weird.
McDonald's has liquidated their holdings in Chipotle. It is just publicly owned now.

Phil
10/24/2007, 04:29 PM
McDonald's has liquidated their holdings in Chipotle. It is just publicly owned now.

A Mexican food place that used to be owned by McDonald's is even weirder. :P

JohnnyMack
10/24/2007, 04:31 PM
on Lindsey where Atomic Burrito used to be

McAlister's is lame

I want a sausage breakfast on a bun.

Harry Beanbag
10/24/2007, 04:38 PM

Why does it still taste like McDonald's then?

Chipotle = nothing special at all.

KC//CRIMSON
10/24/2007, 05:03 PM
Why does it still taste like McDonald's then?

Chipotle = nothing special at all.

go play with your beanbag.

Harry Beanbag
10/24/2007, 05:15 PM
go play with your beanbag.

It would be more satisfying than a meal at Chipotles. :)

soonerboomer93
10/24/2007, 06:20 PM
beanpwned

soonerboomer93
10/24/2007, 06:22 PM
I still have to say, that the beans on my burrito the better ****ing be lard cooked refried beans

and rice doesn't belong on a burrito

yermom
10/24/2007, 06:26 PM
no one said it was supposed to be authentic :)

KC//CRIMSON
10/24/2007, 06:33 PM
beanpwned

own this.....http://www.tobeyoung.org/customavatars/avatar2259_4.gif

yermom
10/24/2007, 06:42 PM
:eek:

soonerboomer93
10/24/2007, 07:01 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

KC//CRIMSON
10/24/2007, 07:06 PM
and rice doesn't belong on a burrito

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

soonerboomer93
10/24/2007, 07:08 PM
You reporting me for post of the year with that one?

:D

KC//CRIMSON
10/24/2007, 07:16 PM
You don't have to get it with rice. Yes, rice does belong on a burrito!

And get this, it rocks your face off on a taco! Yes! a taco, who would have believed it! Insane!

soonerboomer93
10/24/2007, 07:24 PM
nope, rice does not

unless it's a freakin chineese burrito

if i want rice mixed with beans, i'll get some red beans and rice

kplzthx

r5TPsooner
10/24/2007, 07:28 PM
I can eat there burrito's with or w/o the rice, but I must have the corn salsa on mine.

47straight
10/24/2007, 07:30 PM
Ok folks as having had the opportunity to eat a chipotle's in Asstin this weekend I have to say meh to the whole chipotle thing.

The same thing is in Blanchard and it's called Burrito grill.

Tastes. Exactly. The. Same.

Why didn't you eat Freebird's instead? Sooo much better.

And for all of you with the beans + rice dilemma; I wouldn't eat that plain white rice from Chipotle on a burrito either. Blech. And at Freebird's you can tell them no rice double beans.

soonerboomer93
10/24/2007, 07:31 PM
does freebirds have refried beans?

KC//CRIMSON
10/24/2007, 07:31 PM
And at Freebird's you can tell them no rice double beans.

Ditto Chipotle. Does anybody read this board?

LilSooner
10/24/2007, 07:33 PM
What in the sam hill is Freebirds.

yermom
10/24/2007, 07:49 PM
i think it started in College Station. it's another build your own burrito place, supposed to be really good

i drove by one in Dallas when we were just there

sanantoniosooner
10/24/2007, 08:32 PM
There was a Chipotle grand opening today near UTSA. I got a free burrito and drink.

Free food rocks.

47straight
10/24/2007, 10:34 PM
does freebirds have refried beans?

3 kinds of beans, including refried. I prefer the black beans tho

yermom
10/25/2007, 01:55 AM
mmm... frijoles negros

soonerboomer93
10/25/2007, 01:58 AM
That's Racist

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/25/2007, 08:37 AM
I liked it better when it was called Atomic Burrito.

Holy s***, I forgot about that place!

Boomer.....
11/1/2007, 11:38 AM
Alright, went last night. It was good, but not great. If I had to rank similar restaurants, it would be:

Moe's>Chipoltle's>Qdoba

Although, Qdoba has better nachos than Moe's.

SoonerJack
11/1/2007, 12:47 PM
I feel very sorry for you individuals with no access to Chipotle. Hang in there; McDonald's corp will get one to you as soon as possible.

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2007, 01:02 PM
McDonald's sold their share of Chipotle...

http://www.mcdonalds.com/corp/news/fnpr/2006/fpr_090706.html

yermom
11/1/2007, 01:29 PM
Alright, went last night. It was good, but not great. If I had to rank similar restaurants, it would be:

Moe's>Chipoltle's>Qdoba

Although, Qdoba has better nachos than Moe's.

Moe's might as well not be on the same planet as Chipotle

their chips and queso are good though

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2007, 01:35 PM
ditto

Boarder
11/1/2007, 02:01 PM
They are very friendly, though.

Boomer.....
11/1/2007, 02:12 PM
I thought the two's burritos were very comparable. On the bonus, Moe's gives you chips and salsa with their burritos.

tommieharris91
11/1/2007, 02:50 PM
Moe's has good chips. And open until 3am on the weekends too.

Moe's>Chipotle

I've never eaten at Chipotle.

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2007, 06:46 PM
Moe's>Chipotle

I've never eaten at Chipotle.
pretty much sums up this board.

X > Y

I don't know crap about Y

tommieharris91
11/1/2007, 09:24 PM
If Norman ever got a Chipotle that was open until like 2am every night I might check it out.

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2007, 09:26 PM
Believe it or not......most of us eat on a more "normal" schedule.

Mixer!
6/18/2008, 06:07 PM
Tried this yesterday, and found it to be very 'meh'. Reminded me of an upscale Atomic Burrito. The lack of a sneeze guard over the ingredients was an instant yellow card. When I asked for sour cream, the preparer started pulling lettuce back off of my order, like there wouldn't be enough room, or that he'd violate some 'too many ingredients on there' edict. The taste wasn't anything great to write about; it was on par with Mexico Joes.

I can make the same thing at home for cheaper. Sorry, Chipotle fans. :dean:

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2008, 06:08 PM
There's a new Chipotle in Waco. I've never tried it before, but I want to check it out soon.

yermom
6/18/2008, 06:15 PM
Tried this yesterday, and found it to be very 'meh'. Reminded me of an upscale Atomic Burrito. The lack of a sneeze guard over the ingredients was an instant yellow card. When I asked for sour cream, the preparer started pulling lettuce back off of my order, like there wouldn't be enough room, or that he'd violate some 'too many ingredients on there' edict. The taste wasn't anything great to write about; it was on par with Mexico Joes.

can i come over? :D

r5TPsooner
6/18/2008, 06:30 PM

I actually disliked Chipotle my 1st time but I tried it again and it has been very good ever since. Like all restaurants, they have there good and bad days.

6/18/2008, 06:31 PM
Freebird is better and you have one there in Norman now.

6/18/2008, 06:41 PM
Dean, I've had "authentic Mexican" food in the form of steamed fish over rice with black beans in Mexico City. It was the tasteless, bland crap the locals were eating and that is hardly a border town.

I fail to see how adding spices/ingredients disqualifies it from being good.

yermom
6/18/2008, 10:37 PM
Freebird is better and you have one there in Norman now.

unless they are lots better in Texas, this just isn't true

KC//CRIMSON
6/18/2008, 10:38 PM
Chipotle pwns Lynyrd Skynyrd .

tommieharris91
6/19/2008, 01:02 AM
OK, my new list.

Moe's>Qdoba>Freebird's>>>>>>>>>Chipotle

Unfortunately, I think Moe's went outta business. I can't find one anywhere around Oklahoma anymore.

Jimminy Crimson
6/19/2008, 01:35 AM
OK, my new list.

Unfortunately, I think Moe's went outta business. I can't find one anywhere around Oklahoma anymore.

Belle Isle store should still be there.

SoonerJack
6/19/2008, 09:29 AM
IMHO: Chipotle - way too much money for lots of rice and beans.

Boomer.....
6/19/2008, 09:32 AM
OK, my new list.

I agree with you. There is still a Moe's open in south Tulsee.

r5TPsooner
6/19/2008, 10:01 AM
IMHO: Chipotle - way too much money for lots of rice and beans.

You do know that you can ask them leave the rice and beans off? That's what I do anyway.

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 01:06 PM
If Norman ever got a Chipotle that was open until like 2am every night I might check it out.

Chipotle coming to Campus Corner

The historic Boomer Theater on Campus Corner will soon open its doors to Chipotle Mexican Grill, marking the first time the Norman landmark will be the home of a retail establishment.

“Right now, it’s probably looking like the Norman location will open in November,” said Chipotle communications director Chris Arnold.

The Boomer Theater was originally built in 1947, but stopped showing movies in the mid-1970s, according to the Campus Corner Merchants Association Web site. In 1985, the theater was purchased and remodeled by Harold’s Stores, Inc., which vacated the building after filing for bankruptcy last year.

Helen Wolney, Campus Corner Merchants Association president, said Chipotle should make an excellent addition to the university-based business district.

“This will be an attraction people will come to,” Wolney said. “I think it will add to the element that there are shops and restaurants down here, and not so much office-type space, which will be upstairs.”

Wolney said Chipotle likely will be a draw for many students.

“Anything that attracts students is a great place,” she said. “And any non-empty building on Campus Corner is a plus.”

Arnold said Chipotle restaurants are popular in college towns across the nation.

“Students seem to gravitate toward our restaurants because of the quality of food they get for a reasonable price,” he said.

Erika Kelly, psychology graduate student, said she grew up with Chipotle in Kansas City and is happy a location is opening in Norman.

Kelly said she likes Freebirds World Burrito as well, on the corner of White and Asp Streets at Campus Corner, but has only been there a few times.

“Freebirds has a different style, so I guess it depends on what you’re after,” Kelly said. “Sometimes, I’m not in the mood for a 10-pound burrito.”

Patrick Nesbitt, business senior, also said he is excited to eat at Chipotle’s new location.

“I’ve been to Chipotle in other cities, and I like their quesadillas,” Nesbitt said. “I’m definitely excited to go there.”

Robert Hernandez, general manager of Freebirds World Burrito in Norman, said the business will face some competition when the new Chipotle opens, but that Freebirds management is not worried.

“We’re very confident about what we do,” Hernandez said. “We have such a fanatic base, but it might affect us at the beginning. When we have a new place coming in, it always affects the surrounding businesses. It’s not like we’re hugely worried about it. We’re not too worried about what they do, but about what we do.”

Hernandez said his restaurant’s cool atmosphere and good service would give them an edge over the competition.

“We are ready for the competition,” Hernandez said. “Bring it on.”

Depending on the speed of construction and the hiring of staff, Chipotle could open anytime between October and December this year, Arnold said.

yermom
7/14/2009, 01:09 PM
i was lamenting our lack of Chipotle again when i was in Tulsa a couple weeks ago. this is awesome.

Boomer.....
7/14/2009, 01:10 PM
I saw them working on the Boomer Theater the other day and wondered what it was going to be. Once it opens, I'm sure Freebirds will lose business and close just like it did for Moe's.

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 01:10 PM
That place is going to make a KILLING in sales. Freebirds better be scared.

Burrito Wars!

Sooner04
7/14/2009, 01:11 PM
Freebird's > Chipotle

King Crimson
7/14/2009, 01:19 PM
Chipotle is better than Qdoba. i'll go about that far.

personally, i go to local joint La Choza and get the burrito al pastor for 3.50 or the tacos al pastor (4 of em!) for 6.99. it's the win.

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 01:20 PM
Freebird's > Chipotle

Enjoy it before it closes, home skillet.

Sooner04
7/14/2009, 01:42 PM
Freebird's ain't Moe's.

Geez. Look at all those apostrophes.

I've been to both numerous times. I enjoy Chipotle. It's pretty good, but I LOVE Freebird's. A bunch of the Moe's around the City area shut down pretty much overnight. Moved out in the dark like the Baltimore Colts.

That won't be happening with Freebird's.

Sooner_Havok
7/14/2009, 01:56 PM
Freebird's ain't Moe's.

Geez. Look at all those apostrophes.

I've been to both numerous times. I enjoy Chipotle. It's pretty good, but I LOVE Freebird's. A bunch of the Moe's around the City area shut down pretty much overnight. Moved out in the dark like the Baltimore *Colt*s.

That won't be happening with Freebird's.

I think Qdoba might have some real worries though. With two very good options on campus corner, I don't see as many students heading up there anymore.

yermom
7/14/2009, 02:15 PM
Qdoba's pretty far away though. i think they are pretty isolated in the Target/I-35 area

with Chipotle getting foot traffic from campus, i'm not sure there would be much overlap

if someone is driving to Chipotle parking could be an issue a lot of the time

tommieharris91
7/14/2009, 02:33 PM
OK, my new list.

For the record I still stand by this message.

oumartin
7/14/2009, 02:38 PM
http://reasonmrsmith.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/ainsley-earhart.jpg

yummy

Boomer.....
7/14/2009, 03:14 PM

I still with you.

RIP Moe's. :(

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 03:20 PM

For the record, you and your taste buds are now dead to me.

NormanPride
7/14/2009, 03:24 PM
Moe's was good, as was Freebird's. Qdoba is generic, and Chipotle is crap. Utter, horrible, tasteless crap. It's almost Subway bad.

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 03:45 PM
Moe's was good, as was Freebird's. Qdoba is generic, and Chipotle is crap. Utter, horrible, tasteless crap. It's almost Subway bad.

Moe's was good. Freebirds is average, and Qdoba and Subway should never be spoken of again.

And just when you thought you were getting off the hook, your palate is dead to me.

kbsooner21
7/14/2009, 03:52 PM
What makes Chipotle's better than Qdoba?

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 03:53 PM

The question is: What doesn't make Chipotle better than Qdoba?

JohnnyMack
7/14/2009, 03:55 PM

You're officially an idiot.

kbsooner21
7/14/2009, 03:56 PM

Just seems they are all about equal to me. I wouldn't go out of my way for anyone of them.

Harry Beanbag
7/14/2009, 04:06 PM

Nothing. And I've never been to Qdoba. Andrew Zimmern wouldn't eat at Chipotle's.

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 04:07 PM
Nothing. And I've never been to Qdoba. Andrew Zimmern wouldn't eat at Chipotle's.

Of course he wouldn't, they don't serve testicles.

kbsooner21
7/14/2009, 04:22 PM
Of course he wouldn't, they don't serve testicles.

HAHAHAHA!

Boomer.....
7/14/2009, 04:30 PM

queso

NormanPride
7/14/2009, 04:31 PM
You're officially an idiot.

Which part makes me an idiot? The part where I like a place with good salsa and a unique atmosphere or the part where I hate corporate cardboard in the form of a foil-wrapped torpedo that deep-sixes my intestines?

JohnnyMack
7/14/2009, 04:39 PM
Exactly.

What?

My Opinion Matters
7/14/2009, 04:40 PM
Baja Jack's is better than any of these places.

NormanPride
7/14/2009, 04:41 PM
Exactly.

What?

I'm glad we could agree?

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 04:47 PM
Which part makes me an idiot? The part where I like a place with good salsa and a unique atmosphere or the part where I hate corporate cardboard in the form of a foil-wrapped torpedo that deep-sixes my intestines?

I don't get the corporate vibe walking into a Chipolte at all, either from the atmosphere or the food. It has more of an eclectic industrial feel to it. Every Chipotle has original artwork from noted sculptor Bruce Gueswel, which is cool, and their ingredients are top shelf when it comes to freshness. I like salsa, but I'm more of a guacamole person myself and their guac is second to none, imo. Saying their food is tasteless crap is, well, dumb.

Plus, you get about seven to eight foreign beers on the menu for the win.

yermom
7/14/2009, 05:05 PM
i'll take Chipotle's salsa over Freebird's any day

the only thing Moe's had over any of them was the queso

the big thing i like about Chipotle is the barbacoa, but i don't think they even have queso

Qdoba at least has something similar. Freebird's does not

i don't know what you are ordering there NP, but i really don't get where any Subway comparison comes from.

yermom
7/14/2009, 05:08 PM
the only time i've been disappointed in food there was in Boulder, which i thought was really odd.

Harry Beanbag
7/14/2009, 05:33 PM
Saying their food is tasteless crap is, well, dumb.

I kinda agree with you here. It is definitely not tasteless crap, it actually tastes like crap.

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 05:43 PM
it actually tastes like crap.

So you've actually tasted crap? Human or animal? I wanna party with you!

Sooner_Havok
7/14/2009, 05:49 PM

His name is Mike Rowe, he has a dirty job.

Big whoop, wanna fight?

KC//CRIMSON
7/14/2009, 06:03 PM
His name is Mike Rowe, he has a dirty job.

Big whoop, wanna fight?

True story: A friend of mine was eating a taco bell taco and when he got done he turned to me and said "that taco tasted like dog schit." Me being the smartass replied "so you've tasted dog schit before?" He said "yeah, when I was a little kid I put a firecracker in a piece of dog schit and when it blew up a piece went into my mouth!"

I laughed for an hour.....

Sooner98
7/14/2009, 06:53 PM
Chipotle coming to Campus Corner

Cool. Now, if they could just do something about the hellish lack of parking spaces on Campus Corner during the school year, this could be a regular destination of mine. Eh, I'll probably still go there a lot, anyway.

Sooner98
7/14/2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, and I still miss Atomic Burrito. :(

Sooner_Havok
7/14/2009, 06:59 PM

You know, I was thinking that exact same thing earlier.

Harry Beanbag
7/14/2009, 08:25 PM

Yes, remember I've eaten at Chipotle's. Whether it was human or animal, I have no idea.

GottaHavePride
7/14/2009, 08:42 PM
Cool. Now, if they could just do something about the hellish lack of parking spaces on Campus Corner during the school year, this could be a regular destination of mine. Eh, I'll probably still go there a lot, anyway.

Meh. I just walk from campus anyway.

THIS. That place ROCKED. It was too damn far from campus, though. And I will do damn near anything to avoid driving on Lindsey for any reason.

sooner59
7/14/2009, 10:34 PM
I ate at Moe's several times and never really found anything that I was crazy about, but it was ok. I liked Freebirds a little better and plus there is a more diverse menu. I always like Chipotle, because the ones that I went to had fresher ingredients. I love Qdoba, but I have never had their burrito. I tried the quesadilla the first time i went, and now thats all i get. Its cheaper and better than El Chico, plus they have queso. I don't give a crap about corporate this or eclectic that, I just go with what tastes good to me. I would say:

Qdoba=Freebird's=Chipotle (all for different tastes and variety) >>> Moe's

That won't make me any friends on this board, but I liked them all better than Moe's. But still, they are all pretty good. Its not like a restaurant, its fast food.

Boarder
7/14/2009, 10:52 PM
Its cheaper and better than El Chico

Being shot in the kneecap is better than El Chico.

OUAlumni1990
7/15/2009, 12:32 PM
We go to Chipotle's all the time. Great value and their burrito's are very tasty.
You might even get a free dinner there if you wear your 'INS task force' t-shirt. LOL.

sooner59
7/15/2009, 08:33 PM
Being shot in the kneecap is better than El Chico.

Touch'e. I don't know how to put the mark over the "e", so close enough. The only reason I ever go to El Chico is because I go through 5 or 6 bowls of queso at the on in Sooner Mall. I don't go to any other El Chico. I can fill up on chips, salsa, queso, and tortillas. The food itself isn't that good.

Sooner_Havok
7/15/2009, 08:35 PM
Touch'e. I don't know how to put the mark over the "e", so close enough. The only reason I ever go to El Chico is because I go through 5 or 6 bowls of queso at the on in Sooner Mall. I don't go to any other El Chico. I can fill up on chips, salsa, queso, and tortillas. The food itself isn't that good.

Enchilada Wednesday is worth $5 IMHO