PDA

View Full Version : NEWS 9 WEATHER

Czar Soonerov
4/1/2006, 10:40 PM
WTF ARE THEY DOING??? IT'S THE FINAL FOUR. WE KNOW, IT'S RAINING. :eek:

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 10:42 PM
Yeah - we've been raggin on them on the basketball board.

IT'S RAINING!!!??!?!

Czar Soonerov
4/1/2006, 10:42 PM
GARY ENGLAND: We're gonna go to Val out in the field
VAL: It's raining.....and it's windy
GARY ENGLAND: People are frightened. WE'RE STAYING ON!!!

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 10:44 PM
GARY ENGLAND: People are idiots. WE'RE STAYING ON!!!

that's true.

Flagstaffsooner
4/1/2006, 10:45 PM
Gary England Drinking Game
Pregame
1. Everyone selects a storm chaser other than Val Caster. Every time Gary talks to your storm chaser, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your storm chaser. Take four drinks if your storm chaser says "tornado on the ground."
2. Everyone selects a county other than Pottawatomie County. Every time Gary mentions your county, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your county. Take four drinks if a tornado touches down in your county.
One drink
1. Take one drink every time Gary says the following:
"Hook echo" | "Updraft" | "Metro" | "Doppler radar" | "Wall cloud" | "Ranger 9" | "Underground" | "Mobile home"
2. When Gary gives a list of counties, take one drink for every county in the list.
3. Take one drink every time Gary interrupts a program. Take one drink if Gary says "You're not missing any of [program name]." Take one drink when Gary says "We'll keep you advised."
Two drinks
1. Take two drinks every time Gary says the following:
"Baseball-sized hail" | "Waterloo Road" | "Pottawatomie County" | "Deer Creek High School"
2. Take two drinks every time Gary mentions the following towns:
Altus | Burns Flat | Dill City | Gotebo | Hydro | Lookeba | Meeker | Mulhall | Oktaha | Olustee | Shattuck | Slaughterville | Tryon | Vici | Waukomis | Wayne (or Payne) | Weleetka | Wetumkah
3. Take two drinks every time Gary talks to Val Caster.
Three drinks
1. Take three drinks if we see footage from Val Caster.

2. Take three drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.
3. Take three drinks if Gary mentions the following:
"Immediate tornado precautions" | "National Weather Service" | "Mesocyclone" | "Portable Radio" | "Take shelter" | "Tornado warning in effect until ...."
Four drinks
1. Take four drinks if Ranger 9 must land to refuel.
2. Take four drinks if Gary issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
"Will someone please answer that phone?" | "Do you see power flashes?"
3. Take four drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.
Finish your drink
1. Finish your drink if someone uses the word tornado as a verb or if Gary mentions the nearest cross streets to you.
2. If Gary says "We've lost Val," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.

Viking Kitten
4/1/2006, 10:45 PM
Do the rules say I can take a drink everytime Gary acts like a narcissistic tool? Cuz you might as well just plug in an IV at this point.

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 10:46 PM
I've been playing...I'm sloshed.

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 10:47 PM
thanks for going back to the game after it's 55-34 with under 7:00 to go. :mad:

yermom
4/1/2006, 10:53 PM
ooh hail outside! :eek:

hmm, maybe it was just hard rain

oumartin
4/1/2006, 10:53 PM
i aint been watching tv since it left my county.

soonerbrat
4/1/2006, 10:54 PM
i miss all the good weather :(

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 10:54 PM
i aint been watching tv since it left my county.

tv left your county!?

Boarder
4/1/2006, 10:55 PM
I called the news desk and reported a possible murder if they didn't get the weather people under control. They hung up on me. I could hear the phone ringing in the background before theyhung up.

THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL. OUT, I TELL YOU.

Tomorrow morning they're gonna be on from 5-10 with three doofuses out on the highway telling people there hasn't been a wreck yet, but there are cars.

I've haven't been so mad in years. And, I don't really even care about the game.

oumartin
4/1/2006, 10:56 PM
the storm you ****ing B.E.M. ;)

Boarder
4/1/2006, 10:57 PM
Oh, yeah, they said this year's new storm word, but I was so mad I can't remember it.

yermom
is "straight line winds" a new thing?

Newbomb Turk
i miss all the good weather :(

I thought you lived in Edmond.

oumartin
4/1/2006, 10:58 PM
i thought most winds were straight.

Boarder
4/1/2006, 10:59 PM
OH NO! IT'S RAINING NOW! WHATEVER SHALL I DO?!?

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 10:59 PM
I still want to know what a "gittner" is.

ie "We have Val on the gittner".

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:00 PM
you'll be thanking ole' Gary when he saves yer azz one day.

Soonerus
4/1/2006, 11:00 PM
I think Gary's playing the game...

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:01 PM
you'll be thanking ole' Gary when he saves yer azz one day.

well, for tonight ole' Gary can kiss my azz.

Boarder
4/1/2006, 11:01 PM
If Gary was here in front of me, I might punch him in the face. It'd be VERY hard not to right now.

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:02 PM
he's not bothering me.

Soonerus
4/1/2006, 11:03 PM
Tabloid weathermen out of control....

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:03 PM
he's not bothering me.

he's not bothering me now, but you are! :mad: ;)

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:04 PM
just turn the damn channel if he's bothering you.. geeze you people .. ;)

Rhino
4/1/2006, 11:05 PM
Oh, yeah, they said this year's new storm word, but I was so mad I can't remember it. Gustnado?

Soonerus
4/1/2006, 11:05 PM
He is bothering me because he seems to know there is no real weather threat but he is just keeping his ugly mug on TV constantly...

soonerbrat
4/1/2006, 11:06 PM
i do live in edmond..i'm in tulsa right now where the weather is calm

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:06 PM
ever since twister!

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:07 PM
just turn the damn channel if he's bothering you.. geeze you people .. ;)

I didn't think of turning to TBS to watch the Final 4. :D

Soonerus
Doesn't he realize if we are concerned about the weather we can change the channel...

Boarder
Gustnado?
That was 2004. I'm trying to remember.

Channel 9 is the only channel showing the game. I would turn the channel.

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:08 PM
its just some stupid basketball game.
I myself am doing more important things like surfing for pron and starting rumors.

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:08 PM
Outflow Boundary?

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:09 PM
I myself am doing more important things like surfing for pron and starting rumors.

well, we finally agree on something.

bigdsooner
whater you guys bichin about, at least you get rain :D

now threatning storms...thats another story

Soonerus
OK, game over , out of protest I am changing the channel...

soonerbrat
4/1/2006, 11:10 PM
i do live in edmond..i'm in tulsa right now

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:11 PM
i do live in edmond..i'm in tulsa right now

is there an echo in here?

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:13 PM
how many of you don't have electricity?

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:15 PM
how many of you don't have electricity?

I think I still do - let me go check...

soonerbrat
4/1/2006, 11:16 PM
is there an echo in here?

how many times did i post that? the connection here is not good and it keeps going off and on.

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:17 PM
how many times did i post that? the connection here is not good and it keeps going off and on.

I counted two.

Soonerus
4/1/2006, 11:18 PM
lights never even flickered in Norman...i

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:19 PM
lights never even flickered in Norman...i

didn't in NW OKC either - so I'm guessing I still have lectricity.

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:28 PM
you are so dumb, you couldn't even have a puter if u dent have lectricity. I fooled you :D

Newbomb Turk
4/1/2006, 11:30 PM
nut uhh - I have a battry powerd puter.

bri
4/1/2006, 11:33 PM
Tomorrow morning they're gonna be on from 5-10 with three doofuses out on the highway telling people there hasn't been a wreck yet, but there are cars.

Heh.

You ever hear something so funny, you can't really laugh because it makes you mad you didn't think of it? :D

soonerbrat
4/1/2006, 11:51 PM
Heh.

You ever hear something so funny, you can't really laugh because it makes you mad you didn't think of it? :D

i hate it when that happens

phead903
4/2/2006, 12:06 AM
Let's try again... there are people from Iowa at my hotel around Lake Hefner that were freaking out about the weather - it was kinda funny - still some thunder and lightning, but nothing severe...

soonerbrat
4/2/2006, 12:34 AM
hey, the stormy weather is finally here!!!

i'm so happy.

bri
4/2/2006, 08:25 AM
I was less than happy, since the storm got here at the EXACT same moment that I opened the front door to head to the Gray Snail...:mad:

Sooner_Bob
4/2/2006, 09:23 AM
I called the news desk and reported a possible murder if they didn't get the weather people under control. They hung up on me. I could hear the phone ringing in the background before theyhung up.

THEY ARE OUT OF CONTROL. OUT, I TELL YOU.

I've haven't been so mad in years. And, I don't really even care about the game.

Preach on Brother Boarder.

Sooner_Bob
4/2/2006, 09:26 AM
We actually watched A History of Violence rather than the game and only caught a little bit of the weather report overload. But the parts I did watch was way overboard.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/2/2006, 10:17 AM
On a side note, my niece had an 8 pm t-ball game last night. About 7:30, they start circulating the park saying "we're gonna evacuate the park, because Gary England said there is a tornado in Hobart."

WTF? Hobart is like 2 hours away, nimrods. Way to scare a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds who live in the tornado capital of the world.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/2/2006, 10:18 AM
you are so dumb, you couldn't even have a puter if u dent have lectricity. I fooled you :DYou could on battery power and a wireless card, genius. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
4/2/2006, 10:25 AM
You could on battery power and a wireless card, genious. ;)Or you could uses a reverse Tesla coil picking up all of the ionized atmosphere from Gary England's self promoting over-hyping silliness.

Newbomb Turk
4/2/2006, 12:46 PM
Or you could uses a reverse Tesla coil picking up all of the ionized atmosphere from Gary England's self promoting over-hyping silliness.

or a flux capacitor.

OUTromBoNado
4/2/2006, 01:47 PM
On a side note, my niece had an 8 pm t-ball game last night. About 7:30, they start circulating the park saying "we're gonna evacuate the park, because Gary England said there is a tornado in Hobart."

WTF? Hobart is like 2 hours away, nimrods. Way to scare a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds who live in the tornado capital of the world.

Heh. He probably said something about tornadoes still being possible with the watch up. Heck, you think that's bad. They sounded the sirens in Cordell last night for some heavy rain and dime size hail. I don't think the storm was even severe!

Although, the Radisson Inn at Tulsa Int'l Airport got pretty messed up last night from the storms. Saw a picture of some SUV that got rolled onto a car in a parking lot.

Sooner98
4/2/2006, 01:48 PM
or a flux capacitor.

But that would only work with weapons-grade plutonium. Or, a perfectly timed bolt of lightning.

Cam
4/2/2006, 08:53 PM
Gary and Val seemed very disappointed last night when the storm wasn't as severe as they thought it would be. I think Gary kind of took it as a personal insult.

OUTromBoNado
4/2/2006, 09:49 PM
Although, the Radisson Inn at Tulsa Int'l Airport got pretty messed up last night from the storms. Saw a picture of some SUV that got rolled onto a car in a parking lot.

So, I just found out that apparently this was a really brief F1 tornado last night.:eek: