PDA

View Full Version : Breathalizer Question

BajaOklahoma
4/1/2006, 10:37 PM
I just found out that someone I know has a breathalizer that he must use before he can start his car.
It started me thinking. (watch out)
How many DUIs or DWIs do you have before you are forced to get it put on your vehicle.
How long do you have to have it?
What about driving the spouse's vehicle that doesn't have the breathalizer?

I guess I am sad that it had to come to this, but it is better than having him kill someone. And I think we will be driving from now on.

bigdsooner
4/1/2006, 10:52 PM
my brother got pulled over in my driveway about a year ago and went to jail on his 1st caught dui (the dumbass was drivin down the wrong side of the street). the only reason he didnt have to do the breathalizer was cause his attorney said that the dui machine wasnt calibrated properly or something. it really pi$$ed me off cause he was toasted and deserved the machine

KC//CRIMSON
4/1/2006, 10:54 PM
Watch the first ten minutes.:D

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JNZU.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

GottaHavePride
4/1/2006, 11:35 PM
How many DUIs or DWIs do you have before you are forced to get it put on your vehicle. ONE, and you only have o have one if you want to still drive after getting the DUI.

How long do you have to have it? 6 months - same as the license suspension that goes with the DUI.

What about driving the spouse's vehicle that doesn't have the breathalizer? Illegal - driving with suspended license. Automatic 1-year license suspension.

I guess I am sad that it had to come to this, but it is better than having him kill someone. And I think we will be driving from now on.

That should answer your questions.

StoopTroup
4/1/2006, 11:57 PM
Even chicks get em....

http://www.durangoherald.com/archives/Business/1111business.jpg

walkoffsooner
4/2/2006, 12:27 AM
One time in caddo county unless your ex DA then its 6 and counting.

BajaOklahoma
4/2/2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks. Especially GHP - that's what I needed to know.

Norman Sooner
4/2/2006, 09:20 AM
I got a dui back in 2001 and the machine is not part of the punishment per say..When you get a dui you lose your license for 6 months. During that time, you cannot drive well do to not having a license. BUt what they do say is that if you get this machine in your car they will give you a "modified" license so that you can drive using that car. I had one in my car and i wasnt forced to get one. The thing that sucks, besides realizing that you really screwed up is the fact that those machines are not free. I think mine was about $82 a month for service. Everytime you blow in it, it is recorded by the machines hard drive. You can have it for as long as you want and you are not supposed to drive any other vehicle than that one. Oh, you might tell that someone you know that if he gets any kind of moving violation within that 6 month time period that he has the machine...Well they tack on another 3 months of your suspended license...I also learned that one the hard way in that i got 2 speeding tickets during that time...