PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that came to Tuscaloosa a few years ago...

SelmaBamaFan
4/1/2006, 08:15 PM
... Let me know what you think. Ofcourse, its not done yet, but will be finished before this season.

http://i2.tinypic.com/sqgjo8.jpg

BASSooner
4/1/2006, 08:22 PM
Sweet. I hope that surpasses the tennessee stadium

Octavian
4/1/2006, 08:24 PM
was an awesome trip...

that place will be so much louder now...are you guys fixing up the exterior too?

SelmaBamaFan
4/1/2006, 09:21 PM
We are on that endzone, adding a club room and stuff...

We arent doing anything to the rest of the stadium though.

As for surpassing UT's stadium, it wont. We will be around 95K capacity and UT's is over 100Kish.

boomersooner28
4/2/2006, 02:46 AM
BEST time of my life! Your stadium is sweet...now apparently even sweeter. Congrats!

AlbqSooner
4/2/2006, 07:04 AM
I have been to football games all around the country and have NEVER been treated better than in TTown. It looks like that will make it louder, and if that is the case, it should come with a warning.

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 09:06 AM
I have been to football games all around the country and have NEVER been treated better than in TTown. It looks like that will make it louder, and if that is the case, it should come with a warning.

The Tide fans were friendly, but as far as rolling out the red carpet Notre Dame beats them all.

OUGreg723
4/2/2006, 11:48 AM
I love bama. They have always been my second favorite team. I hope I can go to a game there someday. It looks crucial. It will be some loud ****!

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 11:49 AM
The Tide fans were friendly, but as far as rolling out the red carpet Notre Dame beats them all.

agreed. I never had so many people walk right up to me and tell me we had a good team and thanked us for making the trip.

OUMallen
4/2/2006, 12:52 PM

I did NOT have such nice interactions in South Bend and Bama's fans slaughtered the domers in hospitality.

Jimminy Crimson
4/2/2006, 01:01 PM
Lookin' good, Selma.

I hope to make it back there soon.

Bama was the best away game that I've ever attended.

Octavian
4/2/2006, 01:18 PM
Notre Dame was awesome (hard to say somewhere is better beats Touchdown Jesus and that feel of that campus on gameday), but the hospitality and friendliness of the Tiders was a little better IMO

Maybe cause there were no belles looking like they were going to the prom in South Bend...after talking to a few of those girls w/ their Southern drawls I was ready to move

Duke o Brewery
4/2/2006, 04:41 PM
For what it's worth, I was in The Pride when we went down to 'Bama and I've talked to several other Pride alums who performed at both that game and at South Bend in '99. The general opinion among The Pride is that the fans were equally hospitable, friendly and fun (ie. Domers offering us free food from their tailgates and Tiders offering us free booze from theirs).

The only difference was that the hospitality and respect from the Fighting Irish was much more of a surprise than the respect from the Tiders. In other words, Tuscaloosa was a fun, pleasant surprise for I and my fellow Pride members, but apparently the Irish totally shocked and amazed my friends in '99.

OUstud
4/2/2006, 05:00 PM
We need to wrap around our new upper deck and do away with the old one. That looks tight.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/2/2006, 05:14 PM
If your idea of having a good time is along the lines of what happened in "deliverance," then watching a football game in Alabama would be right up your alley.

No thanks. I'd rather deal straight up with the Russian mafia. If they make you disappear, you're likely just dead. You disappear in Alabama, you're likely hogtied in some local's basement made to squeal like a pig for 2 or 3 months.

DeadSolidPerfect
4/2/2006, 05:20 PM
Alabama was a great time, hope we get to do it again some day.

IronSooner
4/2/2006, 05:22 PM
I'd just as soon not go back for a little while, that place was loud as hell. ;)

Great stadium and atmosphere. And of course there's nothin' wrong with southern women on gameday.

Sooner24
4/2/2006, 05:34 PM
It was loud but it could not compare to KSU in 2000.

SoonerDood
4/2/2006, 06:31 PM
is that upper deck on the north or south side?

Duke o Brewery
4/2/2006, 06:34 PM
It was loud but it could not compare to KSU in 2000.

No Joke. K-State fans are without a doubt the most disgusting, violent, and rabid(in a bad way) fans that I have ever encountered, including whorns, pokes and Lsu.
The ksu 'stadium' is small and sh*tty, but damn it can get loud.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/2/2006, 08:31 PM
... Let me know what you think. Ofcourse, its not done yet, but will be finished before this season.

http://i2.tinypic.com/sqgjo8.jpg

Congrats on hiring the same architect that put the endzone seats in at Kyle Field. Too bad they hired away Fran because you two deserve each other.

Well, in any event, you can rest assured that if Shula has any success he'll move on too. Alabama has become nothing more than a stepping stone school for Coaches looking to move up.

SelmaBamaFan
4/2/2006, 10:21 PM
is that upper deck on the north or south side?

North endzone, where the majority of you guys were sitting.

As for the noise factor, we usually dont get very loud for games (especially back when you guys came to town, we are trying to change the BDS perception) unless they are very, VERY big games.

Ofc, you guys were #1 coming into that game (and out of it heh), so I guess its a sign of respect that our fans tried to be as loud as possible. Having our guys play such inspired football that night probably didnt help things much.

PS- Still see we get much <3 from the Beano :D

BoonesFarmSooner
4/3/2006, 08:15 AM
That Bama trip was LEGENDARY. Great people!!! Every tailgate we went by, the Tide fans were welcoming us and offering food/drinks.

It was much better than Notre Dame, in my opinion.

BarryBnds
4/3/2006, 09:06 AM
Did you guys get a donation from Boone also??

BTW, I LOVED the trip to Bama. Seeing all those coeds in cocktail dresses was quite a sight!!!!!

MamaMia
4/3/2006, 02:39 PM
It will be very nice once its all finished. We had a lovely time when we were there. We arrived Thursday afternoon and toured the whole city. We couldnt even have a meal without a Tide family insisting on picking up our tab, even the morning after the game. The 'Aubarn' fans would wish us luck, but they never bought us a drink. :D

The atmosphere around the stadium is second to none in my opinion. There were so many shops and restuarants that even with a sold out game and tailgates for miles and miles, you could always find a seat inside where it was cool. I can hardly wait to play there again. :)

Now, if you guys could just stop exagerating on the number of championships you have won...;)

OUstud
4/3/2006, 05:19 PM
Amen to those who said KSU in 2000. When they blocked that punt, I felt like I was in the [Dane Cook]f***ing woofer.[\Dane Cook]

Sooner24
4/3/2006, 06:19 PM
Amen to those who said KSU in 2000. When they blocked that punt, I felt like I was in the [Dane Cook]f***ing woofer.[\Dane Cook]

That was like a roaring jet. My son was yelling at me and I couldn't even hear him. Good times!!! :D