PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to TMS next weekend?

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 12:23 PM
http://gallery.sbe67.org/albums/nascar1/P4160117.jpg

Osce0la
4/1/2006, 12:30 PM
I was out there a few years ago (the race where Dale Jr. got his first win). TMS is pretty nice. Talladega is a lot closer to home though, it's only about 45 minute drive...

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 12:41 PM
I have been to all 10 cup races that have been run at TMS. The only other track I would love to see a race at is Bristol.

mrowl
4/1/2006, 01:34 PM
great... I forgot its that time of year. the f'in hillbillys are coming to town.

Time to get enough supplies for the next week and stay indoors. :D

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 01:36 PM
Move to Frisco or Allen where all the cool people live. FM is so 1990's. ;)

mrowl
4/1/2006, 01:45 PM
Move to Frisco or Allen where all the cool people live. FM is so 1990's. ;)

but then I would have to pay money to go down 121. :D

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 01:47 PM
Not yet but just wait a few months and you will. ;)

Sooner24
4/5/2006, 12:52 PM
So is anyone going besides me?

Osce0la
4/5/2006, 12:57 PM
I'll be watching from the couch...

Oldnslo
4/5/2006, 01:09 PM
I'll be there. That's part of my ceremonial duties as KOTHB. En route to the liquor store right now!

sooneron
4/5/2006, 01:20 PM
That's part of my ceremonial duties as KOTHB. En route to the liquor store right now!
Is that a seder thing?? I must have missed it as I was the innocent/ignorant child.:texan:

Boarder
4/5/2006, 01:42 PM
I'd love to go, but am skipping again this year. When Mini-SB gets around 5, we'll go every year.

Beef
4/5/2006, 01:43 PM
I'm out this year. Too much yard work.

Mjcpr
4/5/2006, 01:52 PM
That pic makes me feel as if I'm sitting in the stands already.

Osce0la
4/5/2006, 01:54 PM
I'm waiting for Dega to roll around. I work as an usher at the spring and fall races every year...If you ever get a chance to do that I highly recommend it. You spend more time watching the race than actually working, and I bring home $110 for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). So basically you get paid $110 to watch both races...

Oldnslo
4/5/2006, 03:57 PM
Is that a seder thing?? I must have missed it as I was the innocent/ignorant child.:texan:
Not much at the liquor store for seder. Mogen David suxxors. I picked up some Basil Hayden for the TMS weekend. That's the drink befitting the King of the Hillbillies.

OU Adonis
4/5/2006, 04:11 PM
I have too many teeth, I am prohibited from entry

JK :D

Hamhock
4/5/2006, 04:17 PM
Being hillbillies, you probably already know this but...I've been to several races, IRL and Cup. I've always been to cheap to pay for the scanners and freq. lists. Last year, went with a vendor and the scanner was comped. Can't believe I attended the other races without them. Greatly added to the experience. Unfortunately, also greatly diminished by opinion of JG, but still a lot of fun.

Dale jr is absolutely hilarious on the radio.

Sooner24
4/5/2006, 05:07 PM
Being hillbillies, you probably already know this but...I've been to several races, IRL and Cup. I've always been to cheap to pay for the scanners and freq. lists. Last year, went with a vendor and the scanner was comped. Can't believe I attended the other races without them. Greatly added to the experience. Unfortunately, also greatly diminished by opinion of JG, but still a lot of fun.

Dale jr is absolutely hilarious on the radio.

If you think Jr is funny listen to Waltrip.

BudSooner
4/5/2006, 06:12 PM
If you think Jr is funny listen to Waltrip.

I've still got Jaws autograph from way back when he drove the 88 Gatorade car...he IS a motormouth. He's wayyyy more subdued(DUDE!!)now.
Jr is funny as hell for sure but for pure comedic genius listen to Carl Edwards...anyone catch his stint on 24 the other night as a member of Homeland Security???
Sadly I cannot go, but anyone who gets a chance...grab a cold one(eh for $6 bucks???)and cheer on the dude in the #12 for me eh?

Oh and I just read this....Directv sponsored the #07 this past weekend, arrrgggghhh..my employer-

Rule Violations Result in Suspension, Fine for #07 Team: NASCAR has announced that one member of the #07 Jack Daniel's/DirecTV Chevy team has been suspended and another has been fined, as a result of rule violations during this past Sunday’s NASCAR NEXTEL Cup event at Martinsville Speedway. Crew member Clint Almquist has been suspended from NASCAR until April 19, 2006 [misses Texas] and placed on probation until June 7, 2006 for violating Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2006 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series rule book. During Sunday’s race, Almquist on one occasion did not place racing fuel in the designated collection area. Crew chief Gil Martin was fined $2,500 for violating Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 9-4-A (crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members).(NASCAR PR)(4-5-2006)

WTF is actions detrimental to stock car racing??? Did he just take a dump in Brian Frances luxury suite???

jk the sooner fan
4/5/2006, 06:31 PM
I'm waiting for Dega to roll around. I work as an usher at the spring and fall races every year...If you ever get a chance to do that I highly recommend it. You spend more time watching the race than actually working, and I bring home $110 for the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). So basically you get paid $110 to watch both races...

i've done the infield at talladega twice

good times, good times......

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't sit through one of those things if somebody paid for everything and flew me to the track in a helicopter.

But that's just me.

BudSooner
4/5/2006, 06:35 PM
Come on Homey, If your ever out by near Muskogee stop by Outlaw Motor speedway.....you would change your mind.

maybe.

Okla-homey
4/5/2006, 06:38 PM
Come on Homey, If your ever out by near Muskogee stop by Outlaw Motor speedway.....you would change your mind.

maybe.

Maybe just the final five laps because based on what I've observed on TV, that's the only time they "get after it."