PDA

View Full Version : I'm Gracefull

BoogercountySooner
4/1/2006, 07:07 AM
Not!!! I was taking the tarp off of my boat to move it out to the new shop and while stepping frommthe trailer to the nose of the boat my foot slipped causing me to fall head first to the ground. I put out my left hand to break the fall and messed up my fingers and wrist. I bent them back or something to that effect. I can't bend my fingers or wrist to much but there is not much swelling. I sprained the fingers and wrist I hope. Doesn't help that I'm a fat a$$:( :O

4/1/2006, 07:23 AM
Can't be too bad... you can still type.:)

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life.

BoogercountySooner
4/1/2006, 07:32 AM
One hand is unscathed!

Okla-homey
4/1/2006, 07:35 AM
How will this injury affect the ongoing Rancho del Booger construction?

OUinFLA
4/1/2006, 08:22 AM
but.........but.............can you still fish with a bait casting reel? or is it cane pole time?

4/1/2006, 09:13 AM
Hope you didn't fracture anything, or your looking at 6-8 weeks of pain.

Sounds like you may have just given yourself a good stretch, though. That is 4 weeks of pain, tops!:)

BajaOklahoma
4/1/2006, 09:39 AM
Soft tissue injuries can actually take longer to heal. People don't take them seriously and don't allow them to heal.
With the inability to move the wrist and fingers, it's an automatic you need to get them checked out.

4/1/2006, 09:43 AM
Oh, well... good avice. Always look on the bright side of life.

BajaOklahoma
4/1/2006, 10:20 AM
It wasn't meant as a negative post.

sanantoniosooner
4/1/2006, 10:22 AM
It wasn't meant as a negative post.
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.

BAN BAJA

:D

Sooner_Bob
4/1/2006, 10:27 AM
Soft tissue injuries can actually take longer to heal. People don't take them seriously and don't allow them to heal.
With the inability to move the wrist and fingers, it's an automatic you need to get them checked out.

You see that . . . Baja called Booger soft. :eek:

just kidding Baja . . . :D

BajaOklahoma
4/1/2006, 10:42 AM
I like Booger. I just want him to be able to enjoy that gorgeous new house. I want him to take care of himself.

Time for a new list. Posters I hate.
I know I don't have enough paper for this one. And pens! I need more pens!

oumartin
4/1/2006, 11:22 AM
I don't know about you booger but I need two hands.. Oh the backup of fluids that would cause me. ;)

Al Gore
4/1/2006, 11:26 AM
I like Booger. I just want him to be able to enjoy that gorgeous new house. I want him to take care of himself.

Time for a new list. Posters I hate.
I know I don't have enough paper for this one. And pens! I need more pens!
:DPut Pat on it....

OUinFLA
4/1/2006, 12:55 PM
.... And pens! I need more pens!

they have these on sale in stillwater, I think they overbought when they were constructing new dorms.

http://www.the-rural-aspect.org.uk/SCENE/images/sheep.jpg

MamaMia
4/1/2006, 01:05 PM
I can't bend my fingers or wrist to much but there is not much swelling. I sprained the fingers and wrist I hope. Doesn't help that I'm a fat a$$ Actually, the extra padding may have helped to break your fall. ;)

If I were you I would pay close attention to Baja. Shes MUCH better than WebMd.com. :D

BeetDigger
4/1/2006, 02:33 PM
One hand is unscathed!

Thank goodness. I hurt both my hands one time, worst week of my life. :D

BeetDigger
4/1/2006, 02:33 PM

He's got one had, so he should still be able to take care of himself. I am sure that he appreciates your concern. :D

BoogercountySooner
4/1/2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks. Everyone, I went and tuffed it out. I fired up my smoker chilled a twelve pack of Keystone lite. I smoked 2 full racks of Baby Backs and drank a few and I'm doing somewhat better now. It is twice as good as it was. :O