PDA

View Full Version : Painting.....................

OU-HSV
3/31/2006, 10:10 PM
........Sucks.

We're trying to get our house ready to list for sale on Monday. And I've been painting for a few hours now. I'm taking a break while Mrs. HSV paints next to the trim and the ceiling. I hate painting. So tomorrow we're gonna paint our large living room and dining room. Man I hate painting. Did I mention that painting sucks and I hate it?? Any thoughts?

sanantoniosooner
3/31/2006, 10:17 PM
I like painting myself.

As long as I'm not stiffled by cheap paint or ridiculous homeowners.

sooner n houston
3/31/2006, 10:21 PM
........Sucks.

We're trying to get our house ready to list for sale on Monday. And I've been painting for a few hours now. I'm taking a break while Mrs. HSV paints next to the trim and the ceiling. I hate painting. So tomorrow we're gonna paint our large living room and dining room. Man I hate painting. Did I mention that painting sucks and I hate it?? Any thoughts?

Yea and just wait till you buy that new house, which, if you're like me, will be the most house you can get for the money and need guess what??? That's right, a fresh coat of paint! :eek:

BajaOklahoma
3/31/2006, 10:46 PM
........Sucks.

Paint the ceilings first.
YWIA

OU-HSV
3/31/2006, 11:29 PM
Yea and just wait till you buy that new house, which, if you're like me, will be the most house you can get for the money and need guess what??? That's right, a fresh coat of paint! :eek:
Yep, that's exactly what I told my wife.

OU-HSV
3/31/2006, 11:30 PM
Paint the ceilings first.
YWIA
Nah, we don't want to paint the ceilings. I heard that sucks cause if you overlap what's wet it starts peeling the Popcorn texture off.

sanantoniosooner
3/31/2006, 11:59 PM
Nah, we don't want to paint the ceilings. I heard that sucks cause if you overlap what's wet it starts peeling the Popcorn texture off.
well........I spray ceilings with my airless.

That's how I roll.

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 12:09 AM
well........I spray ceilings with my airless.

That's how I roll.
You don't roll...you just said you spray it. ;)

sanantoniosooner
4/1/2006, 12:14 AM
I spray ceilings

I roll walls.

BTW.....3/4" sheepskin roller. YWIA.

Holds more paint, cleans easier than synthetics, doesn't mat, and only take a little getting used to. Also can roll up the corners without have to use a brush if done with a little practice.

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 12:17 AM
Hmm..interesting. We've been using 9" 1/2 pile Lambswool, I don't remember seeing any sheepskin, but I'm sure they had some

sanantoniosooner
4/1/2006, 12:19 AM
Hmm..interesting. We've been using 9" 1/2 pile Lambswool
1/2" is good also. I think the 3/4" works the corners a little better and holds a little more paint. It also gives a little stipple that fills in nicely with mose textures.

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 12:22 AM
Nice, see..that's what was taking us so long tonight. Cutting in the corners by the ceiling with a brush. I've used these trim/pad things before and they did a good job, but the problem is when the wheels get paint on them, boom, you get unwanted paint on the ceiling.

OKC-SLC
4/1/2006, 12:44 AM
you need to get that son of yours off his azz and make him paint, dogg.

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 01:24 AM
you need to get that son of yours off his azz and make him paint, dogg.
Heh, if only he was old enough.

olevetonahill
4/1/2006, 01:31 AM
Heh, if only he was old enough.
I remember well ! my 1st ex and I painted a house we had bot , I said Honey all you have to do is this little stuff Ill take care of those big ole walls :cool: so while shes doing all that trim shat I rolled the walls and then sat and watched ,while Sippin a brew :D

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 01:46 AM
I remember well ! my 1st ex and I painted a house we had bot , I said Honey all you have to do is this little stuff Ill take care of those big ole walls :cool: so while shes doing all that trim shat I rolled the walls and then sat and watched ,while Sippin a brew :D
Wow, seems awfully familiar..heh:D

BoogercountySooner
4/1/2006, 06:26 AM
I feel your pain Bro.

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 08:41 AM
I feel your pain Bro.
Oh man, I know if anyone does it's you. You've probably been painting your arse off.

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 09:42 PM
So I woke up at about 7:30 this morning, and by probably 8:00 I was preping for painting. We finished painting at 7pm. There went my Saturday.

BoogercountySooner
4/1/2006, 09:44 PM
I really haven't had to paint a whole lot but several rooms!

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 10:09 PM
I just hope this pays off. The whole point of us painting our Living room and dining room is to make a good first impression on any buyer that comes into our house.

OUinFLA
4/1/2006, 11:16 PM

"ex" ?
imagine that.