PDA

View Full Version : Holy Bad Sportsmanship

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/31/2006, 09:48 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/31/dodgeball.assault.ap/index.html

I couldn't think of a better subject line than what they came up with at cnn.

LIBERTY, Missouri (AP) -- A youth minister was charged with assault for allegedly knocking down a 16-year-old boy and kicking him in the groin after taking a head shot from the teen in a dodgeball game.

David M. Boudreaux, 27, was charged Wednesday with one count of third-degree assault. According to court documents, the incident happened in February at Crescent Lake Christian Academy.

Authorities said the teen missed Boudreaux with one throw but then knocked the youth minister's glasses off with the next.

The boy apologized, authorities said, but Boudreaux pushed him backward, and when the teen got up again Boudreaux kicked him in the groin and left.

The teen suffered whiplash and post-concussion syndrome and had blood in his urine after being kicked, according to court records.

Boudreaux later apologized, prosecutors said.

Jeanne D. Hewitt, administrator of Crescent Lake Christian Academy, said Boudreaux had been placed on administrative leave.

KABOOKIE
3/31/2006, 09:52 PM
That's a normal reaction by a glass wearing *****. :D

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 09:54 PM
Good youth ministers are hard to come by these days.

Stanley1
3/31/2006, 09:54 PM
Could have been worse, he could have killed him.

Just sayin'.

Vaevictis
3/31/2006, 10:03 PM
Geez, if you're going to react like that to getting hit in the head with the ball, you shouldn't be playing dodgeball in the first place.

... you should be playing baseball.

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/31/2006, 10:05 PM
blood in the urine?!

I've been racked on occasion, playing dodgeball in fact. Our PE teachers used to let us play with basketballs. Let me tell you, those things will rack you.

I've never had blood in the urine, though.

walkoffsooner
3/31/2006, 10:05 PM
he couldn't dodge a wrench?

PhxSooner
3/31/2006, 10:07 PM
You know, in the past three or so years I've seen some youth ministers in their late 20's/early 30's act more hyper and out of control than the middle school boys they're working with.

That's all I've got. Guy sounds like a jerk.

sooneron
3/31/2006, 10:10 PM
he couldn't dodge a wrench?
You can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!:texan:

Rogue
4/1/2006, 01:31 AM
I feel like smiting someone.

Czar Soonerov
4/1/2006, 01:40 AM
Same guy?

http://www.americanstate.org/image/boudreaux.jpg