PDA

View Full Version : Why Aren't You Hillbillies At The Hornets Game?

SoonerInKCMO
3/31/2006, 08:26 PM
I tune to ESPN to catch the only nationally televised Hornets game of the year and there ain't nobody in the stands. :mack:

KC//CRIMSON
3/31/2006, 08:27 PM
I'm in KC.;)

You are voting "NO" on the Arrowhead stadium cover, right?

SoonerInKCMO
3/31/2006, 08:35 PM
I'm a Dot man now... can't vote. I'd vote no though if'n I could.

SoonerInKCMO
3/31/2006, 08:40 PM
A'ight... it looks a little fuller now. Maybe everyone was up getting nachos when the game started.

handcrafted
3/31/2006, 09:02 PM
The game is on ESPN??????

Wow. I had heard that no Hornets games were going to be on national TV at all this year. I also thought Cox advertised they'd be showing it.

SoonerInKCMO
3/31/2006, 09:05 PM
I had heard that no Hornets games were going to be on national TV at all this year.

I had heard that too. I was a bit surprised when I heard on the radio this morning that the game would be on ESPN.

walkoffsooner
4/1/2006, 12:33 AM
I went to a bunch of games now I am ready for football. typical hillbilly

yermom
4/1/2006, 12:37 AM
yay, a win!

i need to catch a few more games before the season is over

a playoff game would be nice...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/1/2006, 03:07 AM
Hmmm, you must not have looked very hard. I was there.

Flagstaffsooner
4/1/2006, 06:24 AM
Did they show a certain underage QB drinking a brew?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/1/2006, 09:30 AM
Did they show a certain underage QB drinking a brew?No, but I saw Nate Hybl on the jumbotron. I also saw Kevin Bookout. He was down with the team after the game.

slickdawg
4/1/2006, 09:34 AM
Well, they're the New Orleans Hornets (or were) and it's kinda hard to go see them in OKC.

Sooner_Bob
4/1/2006, 11:24 AM
Too bad it was on during the OU/Whorns baseball game . . . OU couldn't buy a hit with men in scoring position.

SoonerInKCMO
4/1/2006, 01:40 PM
Hmmm, you must not have looked very hard. I was there.

You musta been one of the people at the concessions stand when the game started.

Seriously, at tipoff, the place looked a third-empty.

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 01:46 PM
I'm in KC.;)

You are voting "NO" on the Arrowhead stadium cover, right?

When is the sliding roof vote?

SoonerInKCMO
4/1/2006, 01:52 PM
Both votes are Tuesday. The sliding roof question is contingent on the passing of the renovations question. Polls show though that the sliding roof question favored by about 10 percentage points more than the renovations question. :rolleyes:

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 01:54 PM
I remember when they built both stadiums and the sliding roof was in the original proposal.

Sooner24
4/1/2006, 02:01 PM
For their age both stadiums are still in really great shape.

I went to U.S. Cellular Field in 1998 and for the stadium to have been only seven years old it was the suck. The last time I went to Kaufman was in 2000 and it was ten times nicer and it was 25 years old.

KC//CRIMSON
4/1/2006, 02:48 PM
Now they are trying to sweetin' the pot by saying they could get a Super Bowl and a Final Four at Arrowhead and the Major League All-Star game at Kauffman. None of this is in writing. I say screw the whole thing. Bulldoze both stadiums and build new stadiums downtown.

What it really boils down to is the very few people who could actually afford to go to a Super Bowl are raising taxes on folks who can't.

SoonerInKCMO
4/1/2006, 03:32 PM
I have a few problems with the proposals:

The team owners' share of the costs is so much lower as a percentage of the total than similar stadium deals in other cities;
They could build new stadiums for the price of the renovations and the roof;
Baseball (at least*) should be downtown so that, combined with the Sprint Center and the Power & Light district, KC might actually have a downtown comparable to OKC's;
There have been too few details on the roof's design and construction given out - like, for example, how will something shaped roughly like a wing not get blown away when it's not sealed on top of Arrowhead.* I'd say football too but getting the amount of land needed to get a tailgating experience like we currently have at Truman for Chiefs games might not be feasible downtown.

handcrafted
4/1/2006, 05:52 PM
Well, they're the New Orleans Hornets (or were) and it's kinda hard to go see them in OKC.

Question 1: This is a joke, right?

If you answered "no" to Question 1, continue on to questions 2 and 3.

Question 2: What planet have you been living on for the past 7 months?

Question 3: Are you mental?

ultimatesooner1
4/1/2006, 05:55 PM
I was there

KC//CRIMSON
4/3/2006, 10:28 PM
Vote NO.

http://hm.smugmug.com/photos/62892841-M.jpg

bri
4/3/2006, 10:33 PM
I didn't go because the only way I would go to an NBA game is if a hole was ripped in the very fabric of time and space, and the '96 Bulls walked out to play.