PDA

View Full Version : You think we'll make the announcement this weekend?

TopDawg
3/31/2006, 02:05 PM
With all the college basketball coverage this weekend, do you think Joe C will make the announcement this weekend to get a little more air time (not necessarily for him, but the program)?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/31/2006, 02:15 PM
With all the college basketball coverage this weekend, do you think Joe C will make the announcement this weekend to get a little more air time (not necessarily for him, but the program)?

I don't think he was rush a decision simpy for the Final 4 buzz. This is Oklahoma, we will get pretty good exposure whenever the hire is announced.

Harry Beanbag
3/31/2006, 02:43 PM
No, I think it'll be early next week if all goes well.

Jimminy Crimson
3/31/2006, 03:03 PM
I think by holding out, there might be more 'talk' about the OU coach search.

...and I don't think Billy Donovan would accept the OU job while still playing in the Final Four. ;)

TopDawg
3/31/2006, 03:25 PM
I don't think he was rush a decision simpy for the Final 4 buzz. This is Oklahoma, we will get pretty good exposure whenever the hire is announced.

Well, I don't think he'll cut the search off prematurely just to announce it this weekend, but I bet he's doing everything in his power to have an announcement before the championship game.

Yeah, we'll still get good pub, but if we announce it this weekend, it'll be talked about during every pregame, halftime and postgame. That opportunity won't present itself after the Final 4.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/31/2006, 03:49 PM
If we want real exposure we should just let Bob Stoops announce it during the Spring game.

We can call it the "Pizza Hut Delivery of the Game" ;)

stoopified
3/31/2006, 04:56 PM
I doubt seriously he could have anything to say by this weekend other than we are still looking.In fact I will not be suprised if there is no announcement next weekend.I hope I'm wrong but I think the search may take longer than we would like as fans.