PDA

View Full Version : Power warshing the porch......

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 01:10 PM
So I stayed home from work today and rented a power washer to prep the porch for painting. Well I bring home this industrial size power washer capable of 2500 psi and I had this nozzle that's set for a 10 degree jet.
I turn the power washer on and start spraying the porch. The jets so strong it''s like a light saber not only removing paint but removing wood too.

There's now a huge gouged out Z in my front porch........ ......:eek:

I changed the nozzle and resumed work, the wife's gonna love it.......:O

ultimatesooner1
3/31/2006, 01:12 PM
we built a homemade one out of a well pump when I worked at a marina during the summers when I was in college. It was capable of killing birds 20 ft in the air or fish that were like a foot underwater. We also busted about 20 water hoses with it

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah this thing reminded me of the Ghost catching gun in Ghost Busters when they trashed the courtroom.

Don't cross the streams! :D

SoonerWood
3/31/2006, 01:27 PM
You 'could' cut that Z shape all over the outside of the house to have a cool Zorro theme going.

Fugue
3/31/2006, 01:53 PM
I saw the title of the thread and without reading further knew that damage had been done.

I blew a hole through a stucco wall with one last year. :O

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 01:56 PM
You 'could' cut that Z shape all over the outside of the house to have a cool Zorro theme going.

I almost did.......and the wife could be my Catherine Zeta Jones.

Osce0la
3/31/2006, 01:58 PM
Those things are a blast...But can easily create trouble with the wife...

handcrafted
3/31/2006, 03:35 PM
IB4OU2 = = Tim the Toolman Taylor

pb4ou
3/31/2006, 03:37 PM
do ya think it could chop down a tree?

1stTimeCaller
3/31/2006, 03:39 PM
I think it's awesome that he's actually power warshing the porch like a good hillbilly and not power washing it.

Osce0la
3/31/2006, 03:40 PM
do ya think it could chop down a tree?

IB4OU2, try this and report back to us...I'm intrigued.

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 03:41 PM
IB4OU2 = = Tim the Toolman Taylor

I loves my power tools! and you're right, I ruined the chain on my chainsaw the other day......:O

Osce0la
3/31/2006, 03:42 PM
I loves my power tools! and you're right, I ruined the chain on my chainsaw the other day......:O

Do you have that cool neighbor that randomly pops half his face over the fence to give you advice that you completely don't understand?

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 03:43 PM
IB4OU2, try this and report back to us...I'm intrigued.

No but I just got done blasting through one of my wife's prize rose bushes though.....:eek:

Beef
3/31/2006, 03:44 PM
I get saws stuck in trees everytime I trim branches. Maybe i'll powerwarsh them next time.

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 03:46 PM
Do you have that cool neighbor that randomly pops half his face over the fence to give you advice that you completely don't understand?

I really don't have any nosy neighbors, theyr'e aggots and they stay away from me.....
:cool:

pb4ou
3/31/2006, 03:46 PM
The jets so strong it''s like a light saber

Does it make the beuzzz sould when you turn it on?
Then the hummm hummm when you move it around?

Osce0la
3/31/2006, 05:10 PM
No but I just got done blasting through one of my wife's prize rose bushes though.....:eek:
That'll be fun to explain, maybe that is what you'll have to update us on.

Sooner24
3/31/2006, 05:17 PM
I almost did.......and the wife could be my Catherine Zeta Jones.

If your wife looks like that, then you my friend, are my hero.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thelegendofzorro/site/downloads/wallpapers/full/elena_wp1_1280x960.jpg

BeetDigger
3/31/2006, 05:19 PM
The rookie mistake every guy makes with a power washer is to blast away the material that they are working on. Happens every time, regardless of the number of warnings the rental guy gives you.

GottaHavePride
3/31/2006, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but now his porch is decorative.

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 06:01 PM
Yeah, but now his porch is decorative.

For the moment then the primer and paint will cover it up.....
Hopefully

IB4OU2
3/31/2006, 09:15 PM
Those things are a blast...But can easily create trouble with the wife...

True, she wasn't pleased........:(

Okla-homey
4/1/2006, 06:24 AM
Think about this. Say you are in a submarine about 600 feet below the surface. Your sub springs a small leak from being depth charged or something. The jet of water resulting from a spray of water at that depth is just as powerful and dangerous as the jet spray from the rental power warsher. Imagine taking that to the face or the shoulder blade and in a tight space where its hard to quickly get out of the way? Yikes!:eek: Now imagine several such leak-induced jets of water popping up randomly and unexpectedly and your having to deal with them all as part of a damage-control party. Whoa!:eek: :eek:

I respect submariners. Always have, just for that sort of thing.

VeeJay
4/1/2006, 11:20 AM
I have a 1900 PSI power sprayer (relatively small but good around the house) and a lawn/leaf blower that's rated at 200 mph.

I'd like to put them up against each other. I think I'll aim the power sprayer at the leaf blower, then fire up the blower, aiming it at the sprayer. I should have a nice Old Faithful style show in the front yard.

Gives me something to do tomorrow.

Al Gore
4/1/2006, 11:35 AM
Think about this. Say you are in a submarine about 600 feet below the surface. Your sub springs a small leak from being depth charged or something. The jet of water resulting from a spray of water at that depth is just as powerful and dangerous as the jet spray from the rental power warsher. Imagine taking that to the face or the shoulder blade and in a tight space where its hard to quickly get out of the way? Yikes!:eek: Now imagine several such leak-induced jets of water popping up randomly and unexpectedly and your having to deal with them all as part of a damage-control party. Whoa!:eek: :eek:

I respect submariners. Always have, just for that sort of thing.Read some of the stories from WWII....Big Respect!!!