PDA

View Full Version : Confusion reigns...Too many electronic choices

Skysooner
3/31/2006, 12:26 PM
As I mentioned awhile back, it is cell phone renewal time. I'm going to stick with Cingular. However to top it off, I didn't realize there were so many features available on cell phones. I don't particularly need a good e-mail browser as my company will supply it if/when I need it.

The features I really liked were the Bluetooth and mp3 capability. I am at the gym for 2 hours 3 days a week and am doing cardio the rest of the days at home. I would like to have the ability to play some of my own music or maybe receive satellite radio. I'm not sure I want or need video capability.

So here is the dilemma. I'm thinking about doing one of the following options:

1. Just going with a basic Bluetooth enabled phone (to d/l ringtones) and one of the new IPods (supposedly being announced tomorrow).

2. Maybe buying the new Samsung Helix for XM radio that will also double as an mp3 player and a basic Bluetooth enabled phone.

3. Biting the bullet and going with a Motorla SLVR for mp3 and maybe buying a low-end iPod (although this seems redundant).

I am just not sure how much I would use the XM radio feature although it would be nice for trips.

GottaHavePride
3/31/2006, 12:33 PM
I'd go the separate mp3-player route, just because I'd be worried about killing the battery listening to tunes at the gym, and then your car dies on the way home and you've got no phone. But that's just me.

So, I'd say option 1.

yermom
3/31/2006, 12:39 PM
SLVR looks cool, i'd probably get one if i was using Cingular

what is this new iPod you speak of? tomorrow? really?

Osce0la
3/31/2006, 12:44 PM
I'd go the separate mp3-player route, just because I'd be worried about killing the battery listening to tunes at the gym, and then your car dies on the way home and you've got no phone. But that's just me.

So, I'd say option 1.

I gotta agree. My wife got one of those phones from Verizon that plays videos and you get all the news and crap, plus the BlueTooth...Has to be charged every f'in night.

GottaHavePride
3/31/2006, 12:49 PM
Oh, and might I also recommend http://www.stuffbak.com - talk about the cheapest insurance against losing stuff ever.

yermom
3/31/2006, 12:52 PM
that's pretty cool...

Skysooner
3/31/2006, 01:14 PM
Option 1 was kind of my choice to. The satellite thing is nice, but it also costs $11 a month or so for the subscription.

On the new iPod, there is a rumor that they will be announcing the new product tomorrow on their anniversary date. Unfortunately it is also April Fools, so who knows. Apparently Apple has told its vendors that the 60 GB iPod isn't going to be around too much longer.