PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Sports & Imports

TopDaugIn2000
3/31/2006, 12:11 PM
I was at BRS&I the other day (the one on the East side of I35 that sells Subaru's) to try a new product we are manufacturing for the Mini. They had an '02 on the lot, which saved us a trip to the BMW dealership in Edmond. When I arrived and was waiting on the salesman I'd talked to on the phone I noticed EVERY car on the front row (about 40 cars or so) had it's flashers on. I thought, man, that can't be good on the battery for the flashers to be on ALL DAY. Well, as I got closer, I discovered it wasn't just the flashers that were on, THEY WERE ALL RUNNING! Sitting there idling. EVERY ONE OF THEM ON THE FRONT ROW!

Now, I'm not an expert when it comes to cars, but I can't think that would be GOOD for them, to sit and idle all day long. Also, gas is freakin $2.50 a gallon, SHUT THEM OFF!!!!!!

If I was shopping there, I don't think I would want to buy a car whose engine has been running all day for who knows how long. Just doesn't seem good to me. Maybe I'm wrong though.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/31/2006, 12:13 PM
That dude's mullet flaps bother me. :eddie:

TopDaugIn2000
3/31/2006, 12:14 PM
he's even more annoying in person than on the commercials. I saw him at Sonic one time and he kept trying to strike up a conversation about my dog......EEEEEEEEK

mdklatt
3/31/2006, 12:15 PM
he's even more annoying in person than on the commercials.

I saw him at Albertson's a few weeks ago, but fortunately he wasn't talking.

yermom
3/31/2006, 12:18 PM
they always take care of me there :D

walkoffsooner
3/31/2006, 12:19 PM
Maybe they were running just for a little while to keep batteries charged up.Yea I met the pitch man on west side said he was part owner.Kinda weird guy though.

SeattleOUstudent
3/31/2006, 12:43 PM
I did buy a used SUV from them. I wouldnt reccomend them to anyone, however. Im not sure if its all used car lots, but these guys (every single one ive talked to in there) are a bunch of idiots. My salesman didnt know anything about selling. He didnt know anything about my car, and he didnt know how to find anything out.

I dont need Einstein...I jsut need someone that knows basic features on the car.

On top of all that...my car didnt come with a manual. I go in to ask them a simple question about programming my Home Link, and they dont have any spares, nor do they even know how to find out the info for me.

Idiots.

TopDaugIn2000
3/31/2006, 12:46 PM
I couldn't help but notice how the sales guy (perhaps a manager) that was helping us (in between the constant scratching of his balls) was also REALLY interested in pushing this 12 year old couple into buying a new car that they OBVIOUSLY could not afford.

ok, maybe they were 14.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/31/2006, 12:47 PM
Coke is bad, mmkay?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/31/2006, 12:48 PM
I would buy a car from that Diffee kid before I gave that place a dime of my money.

1stTimeCaller
3/31/2006, 12:50 PM
I would buy a car from that Diffee kid before I gave that place a dime of my money.

uh oh. don't let BSG know that your hornin in on her man

sooneron
3/31/2006, 01:03 PM
Why didn't you ask why they were doing that. You could have gotten all enviro on them! 40 cars idling for no reason produces a lot of pollution .

SoonerBK
3/31/2006, 01:06 PM
I couldn't help but notice how the sales guy (perhaps a manager) that was helping us (in between the constant scratching of his balls) was also REALLY interested in pushing this 12 year old couple into buying a new car that they OBVIOUSLY could not afford.

ok, maybe they were 14.

I bet right before he came out to help you, he bragged to his sales buddy that he was going to show you his "O" face later on tonight. Then he brusehed his eyebrows to the outside using the index finger and pinky from the same hand in avery sleezy way.

Boomer.....
3/31/2006, 02:06 PM
Coke is bad, mmkay?

Exactly! I don't think he works there anymore, just what I have heard.

TopDaugIn2000
3/31/2006, 02:37 PM
I bet right before he came out to help you, he bragged to his sales buddy that he was going to show you his "O" face later on tonight. Then he brusehed his eyebrows to the outside using the index finger and pinky from the same hand in avery sleezy way.

I wouldn't doubt that. he sure fit the bill

NormanPride
3/31/2006, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't doubt that. he sure fit the bill

No I don't!

I mean, uh... I'm sure he didn't... :O

LoyalFan
3/31/2006, 02:53 PM
Here's why the flashers were on. They can tell which cars have been left running, probably to keep the batteries up, and shut them down after a while.
Some cars idle literally in silence and, with traffic noise and other racket, it would be easy to leave one or more running.

LF

TopDaugIn2000
3/31/2006, 02:54 PM
Here's why the flashers were on. They can tell which cars have been left running, probably to keep the batteries up, and shut them down after a while.
Some cars idle literally in silence and, with traffic noise and other racket, it would be easy to leave one or more running.

LF

but why the **** do they leave them all running?!?!?!?!?!?!

GAS prices and O-Zone would be 2 good reasons not to, not to mention wear and tear on the engine/tranny

NormanPride
3/31/2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, why have them running at all?

TopDaugIn2000
3/31/2006, 03:13 PM

ED-ZACHARY.

SoonerAtKU
3/31/2006, 03:15 PM
You have to run the car for a little while to keep the batteries charged and performing well. Once every week or two is usually fine.

BigRedJed
3/31/2006, 03:15 PM
That dude's mullet flaps bother me. :eddie:
He's not there anymore, BTW. Late-breaking development.

TopDaugIn2000
3/31/2006, 03:17 PM
He's not there anymore, BTW. Late-breaking development.

DO TELL!

Taxman71
3/31/2006, 05:57 PM
Did he get caught pretending to be a secret agent with someone's wife?

Scott D
3/31/2006, 06:54 PM
they always take care of me there :D

so how would you compare their reacharounds to doleo's? :D

sooneron
3/31/2006, 06:57 PM
B/C Dick Cheney told them to!:texan:

yermom
3/31/2006, 07:49 PM
so how would you compare their reacharounds to doleo's? :D

yeah, like doleo has the common courtesy to give those