PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina - Execution proposed for Child Sex Offenders

slickdawg
3/31/2006, 10:07 AM
Now we need 49 other states to follow:

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S=4675891&nav=menu149_2

yermom
3/31/2006, 10:11 AM
seems like it might escalate their crimes...

if they think they might be less likely caught if they kill their victim, that gets uglier

would you rather have a molested kid, or a dead and molested kid?

JohnnyMack
3/31/2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah I'm pretty much opposed to that.

slickdawg
3/31/2006, 10:22 AM
I'm sorry, but I think that we must have some serious deterrents
to pedophiles. As the judge stated during sentencing to the two guys I caught in a kiddie-pron ring:

"There is not, to my knowledge, any cure for pedophiles. We can only hope
to keep children away from you."

Both of the guys got three years in the state pen.

I don't think that most pedophiles are going to kill regardless, they are much
like rapists, they are gonna do their thing, then go on. The ones that
are likely to kill children after raping them simply go ahead and do it.

JohnnyMack
3/31/2006, 10:27 AM
Stiffer penalties? Yes.

Dirt naps? No.

GDC
3/31/2006, 10:31 AM
Death penalty for murder, child molestation, and dealing meth, heroin, or coke.

Castration for rape.

slickdawg
3/31/2006, 10:35 AM
Death penalty for murder, child molestation, and dealing meth, heroin, or coke.

Castration for rapists and whorns posting on soonerfans.com.

fixed that for you.

SoonerWood
3/31/2006, 10:38 AM
They are literally ruining the lives of these helpless kids.

I'm not going to pretend that I have any clue what will deter these degenerates. All we know for sure is that they can't be cured. So...lock them up forever or kill them. Which is it? Personally, I don't want my tax dollars providing full health and dental plans to these people.

Pedophiles ought to be hung.

At the very least, castrate them, remove their hands and see to it that they are blinded for the rest of their lives. Maybe then, they won't be able to harm children.

GDC
3/31/2006, 10:39 AM
fixed that for you.

I thought they were all eunuchs anyway.

mdklatt
3/31/2006, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry, but I think that we must have some serious deterrents
to pedophiles.

Nothing is going to deter them; they're messed up in the head.

mdklatt
3/31/2006, 10:41 AM
Personally, I don't want my tax dollars providing full health and dental plans to these people.

It's currently cheaper to lock someone up for life than to execute them. Just sayin'.

Hamhock
3/31/2006, 10:41 AM
I think that anyone who posts in the message should state upfront whether or not they have children.

SoonerWood
3/31/2006, 10:47 AM
It's currently cheaper to lock someone up for life than to execute them. Just sayin'.

I read that too, not sure I believe it or not.

In any event, I'd prefer my tax dollars getting these people out of the gene pool rather than providing full benefits and 3 square meals a day for the rest of their pathetic lives. Even if it costs more. :D

Hamhock
3/31/2006, 10:52 AM

I think that is one of the problems with the death penalty. We shouldn't be killing people today for crimes committed in the '80s. If this is true, the "cost" of the death penalty is the years of lawyering.

3 kids. all girls.

mdklatt
3/31/2006, 10:55 AM
I read that too, not sure I believe it or not.

When you factor in all the mandatory appeals and whatnot--especially if they have a public defender--I can see how that would be true.

I'm not against the death penalty (in theory), but saving money and acting as a deterent to pedophiles are not valid reasons to use it.

TUSooner
3/31/2006, 11:09 AM
seems like it might escalate their crimes...

if they think they might be less likely caught if they kill their victim, that gets uglier

would you rather have a molested kid, or a dead and molested kid?
Hear him.

Not that those creeps don't deserve to die... but don't give them a "nothing to lose" incentive to kill their victims.

I think this law falls into the category of criminal laws enacted as a gesture and not because of any real salutary effect.

edit : 2 teenage daughters. So there!

Scott D
3/31/2006, 11:12 AM
I've always thought we should institute this as a 'reeducation' method with criminals. http://sneakpeektv.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/alex-clockwork-orange.jpg

SoonerWood
3/31/2006, 11:15 AM
After some very critical thinking, I think we should go ahead and give them life sentences. But in prison, they have to wear pink prison uniforms with the word's CHILD MOLESTER on it.

The 'Life' sentence shouldn't be too long... :D

Okla-homey
3/31/2006, 11:22 AM
After some very critical thinking, I think we should go ahead and give them life sentences. But in prison, they have to wear pink prison uniforms with the word's CHILD MOLESTER on it.

The 'Life' sentence shouldn't be too long... :D

and ***-less chaps.:)