PDA

View Full Version : Heh! Wondered how long it would take for this to happen...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/31/2006, 09:21 AM
Touchy feely attitudes come home to roost, someone actually stood up for Old Glory! (http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/122555)

OU Adonis
3/31/2006, 09:29 AM
Woa, a houston principle was disciplined because he flew a foreign flag lower than the US one?

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2006, 09:35 AM
Damn glad to read about it. **** 'EM

Mexican Flag
3/31/2006, 10:11 AM
That was my sister.

[dramatic pause]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SoonerWood
3/31/2006, 10:30 AM
Woa, a houston principle was disciplined because he flew a foreign flag lower than the US one?

As he should have. This is the USA. Not Northern Mexico. This sort of stuff needs to be nipped in the bud before it gets started. It's like saying this is the USA*

* and Mexico

Tailwind
3/31/2006, 10:34 AM
Exactly. In my personal experience, nice as most of these people are, you give 'em an inch..they take over.

OU Adonis
3/31/2006, 10:35 AM
As he should have. This is the USA. Not Northern Mexico. This sort of stuff needs to be nipped in the bud before it gets started. It's like saying this is the USA*

* and Mexico

Er, why don't you read my quote a again. It said he had the Mexican flag displayed LOWER than the US flag and was reprimanded.

So your saying thats right?

Houston high-school principal was disciplined after he flew a Mexican flag underneath his campus' U.S. and state flags.

Tailwind
3/31/2006, 10:38 AM
The flags of other countries have no place on our school campuses. Period.

SoonerWood
3/31/2006, 10:43 AM
Er, why don't you read my quote a again. It said he had the Mexican flag displayed LOWER than the US flag and was reprimanded.

Yep - I read it right the first time. This is where it starts. This is where the small things get started, slowly accepted, then built on. This is also exactly where it needs to be stopped.

Osce0la
3/31/2006, 10:53 AM
Yep - I read it right the first time. This is where it starts. This is where the small things get started, slowly accepted, then built on. This is also exactly where it needs to be stopped.

Next the Texas flag will be lower than the Mexican flag...Before you know it there will be 2 flag poles at the school, one with the Mexican flag at the top, the other with the American flag at the top...You can't have the Mexican flag below the US flag for too long, the Mexicans will feel they are being discriminated against - and God forbid we should make the people that are here illegally uncomfortable...

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2006, 10:57 AM
The flags of other countries have no place on our school campuses. Period.BINGO!!!

SoonerWood
3/31/2006, 11:36 AM
For some reason, I find it hard to understand how any patriotic US citizen would think this is ok, or even a step in the right direction.

Octavian
3/31/2006, 11:45 AM
I've never understood why the Canadian Maple Leaf hangs in so many sports arenas around the country...I realize there are a couple of mediocre franchises up there but c'mon, they are teh succ.

Canadians are mostly white though so not too many people have ever seemed to notice or care.

LoyalFan
3/31/2006, 11:46 AM
That was my sister.

[dramatic pause]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Please remove that avatar.This is a family forum and a buzzard sodomizing an earthworm is not appropriate.

MUCK FEXICO!!!

Flagstaffsooner
3/31/2006, 12:09 PM
You'll never see a beaner flag on this Flagstaff.:D

proud gonzo
3/31/2006, 12:11 PM
have to balance out all the people burning US flags.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/31/2006, 03:07 PM
I've never understood why the Canadian Maple Leaf hangs in so many sports arenas around the country...I realize there are a couple of mediocre franchises up there but c'mon, they are teh succ.

Canadians are mostly white though so not too many people have ever seemed to notice or care.

I agree. I have never understood why there are canada flags in the U.S. and vice versa. I also wonder why they play the others national anthem (or at least did at one time). A game in a particular country should play that national anhem and raise that flag, period.

Mexican Flag
3/31/2006, 03:13 PM
Please remove that avatar.This is a family forum and a buzzard sodomizing an earthworm is not appropriate.

MUCK FEXICO!!!

:(

Pricetag
3/31/2006, 03:20 PM
I agree. I have never understood why there are canada flags in the U.S. and vice versa. I also wonder why they play the others national anthem (or at least did at one time). A game in a particular country should play that national anhem and raise that flag, period.
I've never had a problem with the Canadian flag at hockey games because it is an overture of respect from the patrons of that arena.

The Mexican flag thing is being done in anything but respect.

Soonrboy
3/31/2006, 03:25 PM
we have a new zealand flag flying on our pole at school. we have a teacher who is on a work-study type of thing here,fantastic teacher. Now, I wonder if I should order it down so I won't offend all the patriotic americans.

Hatfield
3/31/2006, 03:30 PM
it doesn't say he was disciplined for flying it lower than the U.S. flag.

just saying.

Stoop Dawg
3/31/2006, 03:32 PM
we have a new zealand flag flying on our pole at school. we have a teacher who is on a work-study type of thing here,fantastic teacher. Now, I wonder if I should order it down so I won't offend all the patriotic americans.

If people from New Zealand start flooding this country illegally and demanding rights from our govt then you might have a problem.

Stoop Dawg
3/31/2006, 03:33 PM

I interpreted SoonerWood's post as meaning that the Mexican flag should not have been flown at all.

Pricetag
3/31/2006, 04:01 PM
What you're doing is something akin to the Canadian flag example that's been brought up. It's like a tip of the hat to the teacher.

It's not like he demanded that you put it up, or worse (and what seems to be the case, from what I'm hearing in most of these stories), put it up himself without permission.

85Sooner
3/31/2006, 06:35 PM
The flags of other countries have no place on our school campuses. Period.

Until they start paying for the schools and then they still can't do it. HEH

TheHumanAlphabet
3/31/2006, 07:28 PM
Well, since it is not a State function, I would have a problem with the NZ flag flying. There are strict flag rules that no one seems to know and use nowadays...

But since the guys didn't hijack the flag and replace it with the NZ flag, there isn't such and uproar...

KC//CRIMSON
3/31/2006, 07:45 PM
Didn't Kramer burn a mexican flag?