PDA

View Full Version : town hall meeting

Jello Biafra
3/30/2006, 10:36 PM
just got back from the town hall meeting and i have to say. Jim Riley and Dusty D are studs. came in, told a story and asked for questions. signed autographs etc.

Dusty explained that alcoholism is an addiction that will be with him the rest of his life and something he will have to battle tooth and nail. He was sincere and i think he WILL stay on the wagon. he talked about how the phone call he got from coach stoops removing him from the team was the lowest point in his life and was bound and determined to make it up to the school and fans. good dude. handled the kids well. even though i didn't win a signed football :mad: my son enjoyed getting to touch the rings of both the big XII championship and the 1972 super bowl.

one of the questions.....

texas fan with a longhorn trucker hat: "why did you decide to go to OU instead of texas"

Dusty: "because when i signed with OU i thought coach stoops was a good guy and had my best interest in...."

unidentified fan from the back: "BECAUSE TEXAS sucks"

townhall: *laughter*

dusty: "well..."

townhall: *laughter*

good times.....

picasso
3/30/2006, 11:13 PM
Jim Riley = stud.

King Crimson
3/30/2006, 11:15 PM
Jim Riley = stud.

agree 100%.

TheGodfather889
3/31/2006, 01:14 AM
Great stuff!!

Jello Biafra
3/31/2006, 06:17 PM
i forgot to post it last night but i stayed around some in the parking lot after the meeting and asked dusty about the NFL. he said he is projected in the 2nd at right around where the redskins are predicted to pick him.

maybe he needs to take a trip up to soldier field and talk to tommie :)

soonercody
4/1/2006, 09:02 AM
I wish him all the best.