PDA

View Full Version : this day was the suck!

oumartin
3/30/2006, 09:48 PM
16 hours of work.
3 power outages, 3 complete startups and a burned up transformer. Thank you strong winds!

OUinFLA
3/30/2006, 10:00 PM
3 power outages!!!
How did you manage to post on SF.com???

Jimminy Crimson
3/30/2006, 10:01 PM
I bet it was caused by a smoker throwing a lit cigarette out of his window! :les:

Osce0la
3/30/2006, 10:03 PM
I bet it was caused by a smoker throwing a lit cigarette out of his window! :les:

the bastards :mack:

OUinFLA
3/30/2006, 10:03 PM
yeah, they should just ban smoking by live people.

oumartin
3/30/2006, 10:11 PM
if you notice my posting went to nill after 11:00 this morning!!!!
nope, this was strictly the straightline 40mpg winds that have been blowing for the past two days.

slickdawg
3/30/2006, 10:32 PM
if you notice my posting went to nill after 11:00 this morning!!!!
nope, this was strictly the straightline 40mpg winds that have been blowing for the past two days.

D00D! that's pretty fuel efficient winds!

:mack:

oumartin
3/30/2006, 10:45 PM
it absolutely sucks when its windy and you are on rural electric.

picasso
3/30/2006, 11:03 PM
I say you finish with a happy ending.

Skysooner
3/30/2006, 11:15 PM
Interesting Martin,

I specialize in RECs in my job. I'm considering doing a PhD on electricity use in the oil industry.

Boomer.....
3/31/2006, 11:52 AM
it absolutely sucks when its windy and you are on rural electric.

Good ol' Slaughterville

oumartin
3/31/2006, 08:32 PM
well skysooner, I'd like to see rural electricty that didnt' blink or go out when there is a lightning strike within 35 miles.

today, my first day off.
cleaned, dusted,swept and mopped the entire house. changed the oil in the wifes honda and roto-tilled and re-seeded half the back yard.

Newbomb Turk
3/31/2006, 09:02 PM
cleaned, dusted,swept and mopped the entire house.

you'll make somebody a fine wife. :texan:

BajaOklahoma
3/31/2006, 09:06 PM
This day was the suck!

First thing this morning a parent pitched a fit in the office. Yesterday his child and another ran into each other - pure accident - and his child got a small cut and a bruise under his eye. We even watched it on video reruns.

Followed by two girls who were scratched on the face by a special student they were helping.

Followed by a kid with serious over-heating.

Followed by a kid who who left his underwear in the grade level bathroom before going back to class. Did I mention he had a serious case of diarrhea? He cleaned himself up well enough that it took 15 minutes to find out who he was and get him sent home.

One kid came into school today with a swollen face - hit yesterday after school by another kid.

And I work at a "good school."

I need another margarita. A large one.

william_brasky
3/31/2006, 09:14 PM
Followed by a kid who who left his underwear in the grade level bathroom before going back to class. Did I mention he had a serious case of diarrhea? He cleaned himself up well enough that it took 15 minutes to find out who he was and get him sent home.

That story's funny as hell.

I'd like to hear how y'all found out who the poopy kid was.

BeetDigger
3/31/2006, 09:51 PM
This day was the suck!

First thing this morning a parent pitched a fit in the office. Yesterday his child and another ran into each other - pure accident - and his child got a small cut and a bruise under his eye. We even watched it on video reruns.

Followed by two girls who were scratched on the face by a special student they were helping.

Followed by a kid with serious over-heating.

One kid came into school today with a swollen face - hit yesterday after school by another kid.

And I work at a "good school."

I need another margarita. A large one.

Back when my wife taught, she felt the same way.

BajaOklahoma
3/31/2006, 10:44 PM
That story's funny as hell.

I'd like to hear how y'all found out who the poopy kid was.

Our building is designed so that two grade levels share bathrooms. KN goes to lunch & recess first. Then First grade (they share the bathrooms with KN). Nothing was said about when KN came in from recess. Twenty minutes later, it was "discovered." That meant it was likely that it was a KN kid. Boys bathroom, so that ruled out the girls.
The KN teachers were asked to pay attention to odors in their classroom. One of the kids in the class "told" on the poor child. And he is a nice kid, just embarrased. Or is that just bare-*ssed?

yermom
4/1/2006, 12:10 AM
so how long will the other kids call him Johnny Poopypants?

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 12:15 AM
Coulda been worse Martin...my life is pivoting right now on landing a job in the Tulsa area, and selling my house here and buying a house there. I was told by a gal yesterday that I'd hear back from her today about scheduling a potential job interview for next Friday. I didn't hear from her. Maybe I'll hear from her monday.

sanantoniosooner
4/1/2006, 12:17 AM
It's sickening to have students dealing crack in the restrooms.

Ike
4/1/2006, 03:22 AM
today was awesome for me....until the end. My Dog got into a tussle with a polecat. She didn't get hurt at all, but for a while there she could knock a buzzard off a **** wagon. It turned out to be a good thing that we have strong winds.

and by the way, to de-skunk a dog, use 1/4 cup of baking soda, 5 tablespoons (give or take) of soap, and a liter of peroxide. mix that **** up, and scrub (use latex gloves) the hell outta the dog with that and lukewarm water. It works. mostly. We are going to have to re-scrub her muzzle cause if you get close to it, you can still smell it. but only up close. Im pretty sure she got sprayed right in the kisser.

BajaOklahoma
4/1/2006, 09:14 AM
HSV, don't give up yet. The HR people run on a slower timetable than the people looking for a job. And it is also an unwritten law that once you get an offer, the other offers start rolling in.

Ike, we always used tomato juice. A couple of cases for the three dogs we had. Let it stay on for 30 minutes, then wash with regular dog shampoo. Our Old English ended up with pink on all of their previously white parts.

oumartin
4/1/2006, 10:01 AM
Yep HSV. Hang tight. It'll work out for you!
I'm just glad I'm on a week off right now.

Ike
4/1/2006, 03:03 PM
Ike, we always used tomato juice. A couple of cases for the three dogs we had. Let it stay on for 30 minutes, then wash with regular dog shampoo. Our Old English ended up with pink on all of their previously white parts.

really. Interesting. I went to the site of a vet who claimed it was essentially useless. I do have to say though that the H2O2+baking soda+soap did what it was supposed to do. smell is gone. well, mostly. certainly enough to have her in the house, but we aren't going to let her on the furniture until we are 100% confident that its all gone. going to re-scrub her face, which bore the brunt of it later today. She's gonna hate that.

I also don't wanna use tomato juice because she is a white dog, and I don't want a pink dog for the next few days. If this can do the trick without turning her pink, then good on it. tomato juice will be a last resort.

BajaOklahoma
4/1/2006, 04:04 PM
Ike, the vet can say what he wants, but it did work for us. This was pre-internet, so we had to go with recommendations from people.
The hydrogen peroxide mixture sounds easy though.

Oh, the pink didn't last too long either.

ultimatesooner1
4/1/2006, 06:04 PM
I spent $45 to wash my truck today

$10 for wash and vaccum

$35 for the locksmith to come open the ****er up because my dumbass locked the keys inside when I started washing it

sanantoniosooner
4/1/2006, 06:06 PM
I spent $45 to wash my truck today

$10 for wash and vaccum

$35 for the locksmith to come open the ****er up because my dumbass locked the keys inside when I started washing it
sounds like you need 'BlondeStar'

oumartin
4/1/2006, 06:10 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sanantoniosooner again.

OU-HSV
4/1/2006, 09:22 PM
Yep HSV. Hang tight. It'll work out for you!
I'm just glad I'm on a week off right now.
Thanks, we've got our fingers crossed...we're just ready to get out of this state and get back home..we can't wait.