PDA

View Full Version : Petition to the Mods (anonymous)

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2006, 08:08 PM
For SAS, more scientific ;)

This is a simple petition from your loyal supporters:

Please ban the phrase "Hook em" and "Hook 'em" for all eternity much the same way that you banned Smellyburger's real name, etc...

Thank you,
We, the undersigned (or above voted, as the case may be).

OUstud
3/30/2006, 08:35 PM
*signs*

LosAngelesSooner
3/30/2006, 09:08 PM
I'm gonna let you guys GUESS which way I voted. ;)

silverwheels
3/30/2006, 09:41 PM
Yay for democracy!

:mack:

sanantoniosooner
3/30/2006, 10:12 PM
yeah.......after the crap today, it's primed for impartiality.

Dio
3/30/2006, 10:29 PM
Can I assume we weren't all playing nice on the last "ban 'hook 'em' pole" thread?

sanantoniosooner
3/30/2006, 10:31 PM
Can I assume we weren't all playing nice on the last "ban 'hook 'em' pole" thread?
It wasn't that bad.

I just refuse to use smilies for the most part.

Desert Sapper
3/31/2006, 03:38 AM
I wonder how many of these petitions it will take?

sanantoniosooner
3/31/2006, 08:08 AM
I wonder how many of these petitions it will take?
We can only hope this is the one that rights this terrible injustice.

TexasLidig8r
3/31/2006, 08:21 AM
It's deja vu all over again.

Why don't you also have the Mods ban any posts that are in any way, critical of your program? Or, better yet, why not have an agreed upon slate of opinions to which everyone must agree or will be banned? That way, every one can think alike, talk alike, have the same ideas and seldom will be heard, a discouraging word.... :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2006, 08:36 AM

Why don't you also have the Mods ban any posts that are in any way, critical of your program? Or, better yet, why not have an agreed upon slate of opinions to which everyone must agree or will be banned? That way, every one can think alike, talk alike, have the same ideas and seldom will be heard, a discouraging word.... :rolleyes:

Then we'd be hornfans.com ;)

Lid, don't act like you don't know why this poll was made. It's all in fun. I could care less if you want to type hook em. It's kinda like letting the slow kid eat the paste. Nobody gets hurt. :D

Desert Sapper
3/31/2006, 08:49 AM
Why do you even care, Lid? You've used that phrase all of probably three or four times on this board. It's my personal crusade to p*** off SAS, anyway. Looks like it's still working. :D

TexasLidig8r
3/31/2006, 08:51 AM
Why do you even care, Lid? You've used that phrase all of probably three or four times on this board. It's my personal crusade to p*** off SAS, anyway. Looks like it's still working. :D

Point taken.

Recommence with the internal squabbling.

Soonerus
3/31/2006, 09:05 AM
Should have included a category, "Who Cares"...

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2006, 09:32 AM
Should have included a category, "Who Cares"...

Yeah, I thought about that after I made it.

Should I make another one? ;)

Desert Sapper
3/31/2006, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I thought about that after I made it.

Should I make another one? ;)

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Again! Again! Again!:D

mrowl
3/31/2006, 10:06 AM
where is the "I don't give a ****, this is an OU Football board no matter who visits" option?

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2006, 10:15 AM
where is the "I don't give a ****, this is an OU Football board no matter who visits" option?

Sorry, only two choices. Keeping it accurate. :D

Dio
3/31/2006, 10:32 AM
It wasn't that bad.

I just refuse to use smilies for the most part.

I see. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
3/31/2006, 01:30 PM

Why don't you also have the Mods ban any posts that are in any way, critical of your program? Or, better yet, why not have an agreed upon slate of opinions to which everyone must agree or will be banned? That way, every one can think alike, talk alike, have the same ideas and seldom will be heard, a discouraging word.... :rolleyes: Okay....enough polls... ;)

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2006, 01:49 PM
Okay....enough polls... ;)

Especially since this one is turning out exactly like the other one. ;)

opksooner
3/31/2006, 01:54 PM
If we just ban the whorns the whook 'em thing will take care of itself.

The simple remedies are the best!

NormanPride
3/31/2006, 03:49 PM
<Herr>Your blatant and uninformed hatred of Vince Young is amusing. He's a wonderful and beautiful human being that sh!ts kittens and leaves a trail of candy wherever he goes. I, personally, saw him revive a pet bird for a terminally ill child in Bosnia. There are numerous resources on the internet that state, quite consisely, how much better he is than all of you.</Herr>

Just thought I'd get that out of the way.

josh09
3/31/2006, 04:17 PM
who were the 10 crazies who voted for the phrase to stay?

Beano's Fourth Chin
3/31/2006, 04:36 PM
For SAS, more scientific ;)

This is a simple petition from your loyal supporters:

Please ban the phrase "Hook em" and "Hook 'em" for all eternity much the same way that you banned Smellyburger's real name, etc...

Thank you,
We, the undersigned (or above voted, as the case may be).

Asbolutely, you got it dude.

colleyvillesooner
3/31/2006, 04:45 PM
HO-lee-crap

Hook 'em

That's so awesome.

BillyBall
3/31/2006, 04:47 PM
Hook em

Well done

Octavian
3/31/2006, 05:00 PM
Hook em

Octavian
3/31/2006, 05:02 PM
good stuff.

TexasLidig8r
3/31/2006, 05:20 PM
And so.. once again, your favorite adversary now gets to play the cat and mouse game to find the exceptions, exemptions and ways to get around the upside down head...

:D

NormanPride
3/31/2006, 05:20 PM
Mods for president. :D

LosAngelesSooner
3/31/2006, 05:22 PM
You old guys can spend your time finding ways around it...

but all the Newb Whorn Posters/Trolls will bet an upside down burnt orange surprise!!! ;)

TexasLidig8r
3/31/2006, 05:44 PM
You old guys can spend your time finding ways around it...

but all the Newb Whorn Posters/Trolls will bet an upside down burnt orange surprise!!! ;)

Already found some.. but...

It will be humorous to see the conniption fits thrown by newbies and trolls. Let the hilarity ensue.

JohnnyMack
3/31/2006, 07:29 PM
Hook em

BASSooner
3/31/2006, 07:30 PM
I love it

Harry Beanbag
3/31/2006, 07:54 PM
That's neato.

sanantoniosooner
3/31/2006, 07:58 PM
For the record......it's not banned......it's modified.

I would have completely supported a poll to modify it.

This comes across as humorous, not whiney.

And that's all I've got to say about that

StoopTroup
3/31/2006, 08:05 PM
Naw, ban it.

Matter of fact...

Ban anything orangeish...:D

Harry Beanbag
3/31/2006, 08:07 PM
For the record......it's not banned......it's modified.

I would have completely supported a poll to modify it.

This comes across as humorous, not whiney.

And that's all I've got to say about that

Well, that's what LAS suggested in the first place, to have it modified like *************** (SchneIIenberger) and ****** (Loopica) have been. Hook 'em is just a different idea of modification.

MamaMia
3/31/2006, 08:11 PM
Hook 'em :D

yermom
3/31/2006, 08:17 PM
hook em

hook 'em

Hook 'Em

Hook 'em

Desert Sapper
4/1/2006, 12:32 AM
Hook 'em

You mods are now officially my heroes. This was a feat of computer science brilliance that has satisfied all parties. Now to take care of all the variations of 'the phrase'...

yermom hit on some. There are probably more.

Excellent work all the same.

Hook 'Em Horns
4/1/2006, 09:58 AM
You guys continue to find new ways to promote the UNiversity of I Hate Texas.

Well done! Bravo!

Glad to see we are still priority one. Unfortunately your antics will not prevent your getting spanked again this year.

Hook 'em

Desert Sapper
4/1/2006, 10:09 AM
I Hate Texas.

Glad to see we are still ...getting spanked again this year.

Hook 'em !

Fixed...:D

colleyvillesooner
4/1/2006, 12:50 PM

Well done! Bravo!

Glad to see we are still priority one. Unfortunately your antics will not prevent your getting spanked again this year.

H O O K 'E M H O R N S !

Oh, I'm sorry, did your one win erase the previous five years?

LosAngelesSooner
4/1/2006, 04:36 PM

Well done! Bravo!

H O O K 'E M H O R N S !

We're going to kick your *** so badly this year...

And you guys know it...

And it's awesome!Hook 'em

Hook 'Em Horns
4/1/2006, 05:20 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, did your one win erase the previous five years?

No, but your lame attempt only takes us to the "we have the head to head" and "we own the modern era" conversations which I'm sure we are all tired of.

Bottom line, we own the scoreboard and we're the defending National Champions. That's all that matters until October.

Hook 'Em Horns
4/1/2006, 05:24 PM
We're going to kick your *** so badly this year...

And you guys know it...

And it's awesome!Hook 'em

Now that's funny. :mack: Your depth is going to get you killed especially on your OL.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/37/63/image_1863379.jpg

Jello Biafra
4/1/2006, 06:31 PM
Now that's funny. :mack: Your depth is going to kill us, especially your OL.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/09/37/63/image_1863379.jpg

yeh you know who yer daddy is.

Jello Biafra
4/1/2006, 06:32 PM
No, but your lame attempt only takes us to the "we have the head to head" and "we own the modern era" conversations which I'm sure we are all tired of.

Bottom line, we own the scoreboard and we're the defending buttNut Champions. That's all that matters until October.

mmhmmm it's becoming clear.

LosAngelesSooner
4/1/2006, 08:08 PM
Now that's funny. :mack: Your depth is going to get you killed especially on your OL.

HEH...

We're gonna stomp you so badly...OMG...I'm just giddy with anticipation.

I mean...we're talking AT LEAST a 21 point victory for the Sooners in October...and the more you protest...the more clear you know it's the truth.

Bye, Vince. Bye only chance to beat the Sooners. Hello Heisman Peterson. Hello return to Sooner dominance of the Whorns.

I just can't freakin' wait! :D

Hook 'em

Hook 'Em Horns
4/1/2006, 08:27 PM
A heisman RB needs one or two AA linemen, you don't have any.

Get ready for lots more of this...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e8/orangeut/bomar8aa.jpg

Octavian
4/1/2006, 08:37 PM
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3492/mccoycolt1754lp.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

never taken a snap...

LosAngelesSooner
4/1/2006, 08:39 PM
You forgot the key word...YET.

They'll be All-Americans before the year is over.

Besides...I forget...were there any All American linemen on the 2000 team that won the NC and beat you guys by 40?

Wait...I forgot...you're a whorn. You don't know football facts...you only know "Trash Talk, Chest Beating, Bandwagon Jumpin' and Everything's Bigger in Texas" talk.

BASSooner
4/1/2006, 08:42 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/JEVANSNEADMD1_4150.JPG
neither has this guy...

BASSooner
4/1/2006, 08:43 PM
The whorns defense just got TONS weaker because of key losses. The offense is just torn apart.

Octavian
4/1/2006, 08:51 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/JEVANSNEADMD1_4150.JPG
neither has this guy...

the breeding between cousins really needs to be stopped.

Hook 'Em Horns
4/1/2006, 08:58 PM
OU Scrimmage Highlights

It was a rough day for the OU offense as Halzle had his first substandard outing of the spring during scrimmage situations. With Adrian Peterson still sporting a blue jersey. (still wearing the wuss jersey?)

And at times, it appeared Patrick was too gassed to make a major difference for the offense.

"Allen played well today but he's doing a lot and maybe getting tired," said offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson.

he Oklahoma receivers had a tough day catching the ball. Malcolm Kelly led all receivers with 3 catches for 17 yards while Joe Jon Finley won the yardage totals with two catches for 46 yards and one touchdown during redzone drills.

But the Sooner quarterbacks both struggled at times on Saturday.

Halzle, who had been the surprise of spring camp, only completed 6-of-17 passes for 58 yards. He did throw the only touchdown pass of the day but he was picked off four times on the day.

As for the kicking game, Garrett Hartley put on an impressive display of accuracy early in practice when he was good on four consecutive field goals from 52 to 55 yards out.

But that wasn't enough for Stoops who was disappointed when Hartley missed much shorter field goals later on in the scrimmage.

Oooooh, I'm skeered

soonernation
4/1/2006, 09:05 PM
Oooooh, I'm skeered

Just like most whorns you are to stupid to be "skeered".

Octavian
4/1/2006, 09:09 PM
I'm skeered

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2616/youngdavis200403na.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

since you'll only have one of these two guys in Dallas, I can see why

LosAngelesSooner
4/1/2006, 11:21 PM
Oooooh, I'm skeered
Yep. You are.

And it's awesome. :D

Hook 'emHook 'emHook 'emHook 'em

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 01:29 AM
OU Scrimmage Highlights

With Adrian Peterson still sporting a blue jersey. (still wearing the wuss jersey?)

Oooooh, I'm skeered

doesn't your whole team wear that jersey? as i understand it, there isn't even any hitting going on during the season.

Hook 'Em Horns
4/2/2006, 09:21 AM
doesn't your whole team wear that jersey? as i understand it, there isn't even any hitting going on during the season.

Then your understanding is wrong. Spring practices have been very physical the last two years and this year is no different. Only our QB's wear the wuss jerseys.

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 11:46 AM
Then your understanding is wrong. Spring practices have been very physical the last two years and this year is no different. Only our QB's wear the wuss jerseys.

sooooo by you saying "the last two years" that means in years past you HAVEN'T been hitting?

your guys are pusses no matter what you say.

hookers

Hook 'Em Horns
4/2/2006, 08:08 PM
sooooo by you saying "the last two years" that means in years past you HAVEN'T been hitting?

your guys are pusses no matter what you say.

hookers

Saying that prior to that, they weren't near as physical.

And our pusses beat your pusses. :mack:

Jello Biafra
4/2/2006, 08:25 PM
Saying that prior to that, they weren't near as physical.

And our pusses beat your pusses. :mack:

once this decade and century. welcome back to the rival.

Desert Sapper
4/3/2006, 12:23 AM
The funny part about whorns is that they don't even realize how down we were this year. This was their only chance to beat us in Red River. They succeeded with probably the best team they have ever had against the worst team we have had in the Stoops era. The improvements we have had on both sides of the ball (especially D) should have the whorns quaking in their boots. They will start a QB with no D-I experience this season. We did that last year. It didn't turn out too well. If they are too stupid to see how much VY brought to their offense, I hope their coaching staff is equally as stupid. I'm looking forward to seeing our D abuse whichever young QB the whorns play.

BASSooner
4/3/2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah one problem is too that they have no idea to choose from and if one QB screws up, mack will take him out and put the other one in. The FUNNIEST thing is though, they have NO IDEA what's comin...

TexasLidig8r
4/3/2006, 08:56 AM
. . . If they are too stupid to see how much VY brought to their offense, I hope their coaching staff is equally as stupid.

Desert, aren't you kind of the poster boy for "Vince was nothing more than a potted plant" faction on here? There have been post after post and many threads on here about how Vince cannot throw, cannot read defenses, was very lucky, is nothing more than a wide receiver, is dumber than a fence post.

As such, and if all that is true, then Texas won't miss Vince at all and someone with "a good throwing technique" should come into the offense and with a "real quarterback" now, the Texas offense should be much better.

Desert Sapper
4/3/2006, 09:43 AM
As such, and if all that is true, then Texas won't miss Vince at all and someone with "a good throwing technique" should come into the offense and with a "real quarterback" now, the Texas offense should be much better.

Keep thinking that way, Lid. And just because Vince is stupid doesn't make him a bad football player. His throwing technique is awkward, but he has a cannon attached to his shoulder. I think he was the ultimate weapon for you guys this year. In previous years, however...

...he couldn't read defenses
...he was restricted too much and forced to stay in the pocket (not his strong suit, by any stretch)
...and he was facing at least one very good defense each year (OUrs)

As far as much better, that will only happen if somebody picks up the zone read better than Vince, and I just don't see them doing it that quickly. It took Vince two years to get to where he was last year. Oh, and he had the beef up front to give him 30 minutes to throw on every play. That didn't hurt (but losing Jon Scott and Will Allen might).

I question how well he will perform in the NFL, but I think his performance in the Rose Bowl is probably the (gulp) best performance by a QB in any game I've ever seen. His performance the rest of the year had peaks and valleys, but it was one of the marquee performances by a QB in your University's (gulp) distinguished history. Gotta go and get the vomit out of my mouth. Excuse me. Hook 'em

Hook 'Em Horns
4/3/2006, 08:42 PM
You're freshman QB wasn't the issue last year, it was your average at best OL and AD being out that killed you last year. Bomar was a sitting duck.

We also know what we lost with Vince, but we also know what we have returning. And it ain't bad fellas. Add to that a finally healthy Jordon Shipley and a fast emerging Jermichaek Finley and it's looking better.

And simply, our defense will be nasty!

sanantoniosooner
4/3/2006, 09:18 PM
crap........all of the Florida posters are finally voting after it's already decided.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/4/2006, 08:17 AM
The funny part about whorns is that they don't even realize how down we were this year. This was their only chance to beat us in Red River. They succeeded with probably the best team they have ever had against the worst team we have had in the Stoops era. The improvements we have had on both sides of the ball (especially D) should have the whorns quaking in their boots. They will start a QB with no D-I experience this season. We did that last year. It didn't turn out too well. If they are too stupid to see how much VY brought to their offense, I hope their coaching staff is equally as stupid. I'm looking forward to seeing our D abuse whichever young QB the whorns play.

Why would your D abuse our QB more than our D would abuse yours. Do the math. Give me a valid matchup situation that would support that. Whether you admit it or not, alot of things have to change at OU if they expect to win this October. And the #1 thing is playing to their potential an ENTIRE game. sure AD is gonna get his yards. But he is only one man. Regardless of what you may think of the Longhorns, they are wayyy better than the teams you played this past year and should have blew out, but you let them remain in the game and ended up barely winning or going into overtime. If the Sooners want to win, that HAS to be eliminated. Vince or no Vince if you leave them in the game like that OU will lose. and Im not just looking through Orange goggles I'm being honest. This team needs to learn how to finish people off.

OUDoc
4/4/2006, 08:27 AM
a finally healthy Jordon Shipley and a fast emerging Jermichaek Finley
Who? Chance Mock?

C&CDean
4/4/2006, 10:18 AM
NHT people.