PDA

View Full Version : OFFICAIL McDonald's All-American Game Thread

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 10:15 PM
Scottie isn't in yet. East up 7-6 16:54 in the first. Greg Oden is Unreal!:eek:

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 10:15 PM
Scottie came in 3rd place in the three point competition too.

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 10:21 PM
East up 15-11 14:46 in the 1st

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 10:22 PM
OH MY GOD! Gerald Henderson RULES. Going to Duke...

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 10:23 PM
Is this game seriously on a Wednesday night? :confused:

OUGreg723
I guess I am the only one participating in this thread. Feel free to join if you like!

OUGreg723
It was played last night. It's not live.

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 10:24 PM
Oh, Tuesday definitely makes more sense. Thanks.

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 10:27 PM
HAHA. Yeah Tuesday is the best day of the week!:D

crawfish
3/29/2006, 10:27 PM
What # is Scottie?

Frozen Sooner
3/29/2006, 10:47 PM
It's live, I thought.

Scottie missed the only shot I saw him take so far.

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 11:08 PM
I think ur right, it is live. The Three point competition isnt live though. My mistake.

Scottie really ****ed at sampson though...

Sampson told Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione, his players and some recruits that he had decided to take the Indiana job.
"He talked to me, but I didn't really say anything," recruit Scottie Reynolds told The Star on Tuesday. "It's disappointing. It definitely is."
Oklahoma sophomore forward Longar Longar told FOXsports.com that Sampson met with the team early Tuesday afternoon.
"It was really surprising," Longar said. "He said he received a call over the weekend, and it was a quick decision. The opportunity came up, and he took it. The reaction of the team was silence. Obviously he's done a great job here for 12 years, and it's hard to believe he's leaving. But it's a great opportunity for him."

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=63554&paper=62&cat=105

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 11:30 PM
REYNOLDS WET FOR THREE!

He plays so much better at PG than SG.

Frozen Sooner
3/29/2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah, he did look pretty smooth on a drive and kickout then hitting the three.

The announcers have been saying he's "locked in" to playing for OU. I sure want to see him playing here next year, but not if it's not where he wants to be, you know? He seems like a great kid-hope he sticks with us.

Frozen Sooner
3/29/2006, 11:56 PM
"Sooner-to-be Scottie Reynolds."

Made my heart go pitter-pat.

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 11:56 PM
I agree with you frozen. I told him earlier today on the phone that I still was his friend no matter what and he needs to do whats best for him. WE will love him at OU, but only come here if its right for you.

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2006, 12:00 AM
Well, after hearing what the announcers have said, I think Scottie will be here next year if we hire a credible coach. I have no worries about whether Joe C. will do that.

Sounds to me like Scottie is angry with Coach Sampson moreso than anything else. Reading between the lines, it sounds like he thinks Sampson betrayed him.

OUGreg723
3/30/2006, 12:04 AM
I would be thinking the same thing if I talked to a guy on the phone every day for a year and a half. Thought about it all day for a year and a half. Worked for it everyday for my entire life. If I were Scottie I would have told Sampson to **** himself. But he wouldnt do that because he's a better person than I am.

MojoRisen
3/30/2006, 12:45 AM
Scottie looked very solid- he looks a lot tougher with his hair due as well! He is ready to play D1 and has great aptitude to not only score but create for other players- Just what every team in America needs!

The future looks bright at OU- this will shake out in 3-4 weeks.

Frozen Sooner
3/30/2006, 01:41 AM
I would be thinking the same thing if I talked to a guy on the phone every day for a year and a half. Thought about it all day for a year and a half. Worked for it everyday for my entire life. If I were Scottie I would have told Sampson to **** himself. But he wouldnt do that because he's a better person than I am.

I can certainly understand where he would want to wait to make a final decision until he knew who our coach was going to be.

Please pass along that Joe C. is going to find a damn good coach and any damn good coach is going to recognize that he's the starting point guard as soon as he steps on campus.

I want this kid in a Sooner uniform badly.

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2006, 07:13 AM

I think that was part of the problem. :)

crawfish
3/30/2006, 07:54 AM
Scottie, Damian, Tony, James and Keith need to come here and royally **** Sampson off by winning a NC. :D

Oh, and beating IU in the first round. ;)

NickZeppelin
3/30/2006, 08:46 AM
Found this somewhere else. Sounds really good for OU for the most part.

Reynolds: Sampson not only reason he chose OklahomaAssociated Press
Mens College Basketball News Wire

SAN DIEGO -- McDonald's All-American guard Scottie Reynolds said Wednesday he is disappointed that coach Kelvin Sampson left Oklahoma and that he'll have to wait to decide whether his future still remains with the Sooners.

"Right now I'm signed and committed to Oklahoma, we'll see what happens," said Reynolds, a 6-foot guard from Herndon, Va. "I have no problem with anything about Oklahoma. I have nothing like that. I like Oklahoma, I wasn't there just because of the coach. But that's a good coach leaving. But you're never going to go somewhere where there is not good coaching.

"But at the same time, I like it out there and we are just going to see what happens."

Reynolds said he had heard rumors that Sampson might be leaving, but he was surprised to hear the destination would be Indiana.

"I'm disappointed, it hurts," Reynolds said. "I had full faith that Coach was going to be there my whole four years. But it just didn't work out like that."

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said Oklahoma assistant coaches had contacted all five of the Sooners' incoming recruits -- Reynolds, guard Tony Crocker and forwards Damion James, Keith Clark and Jeremy Mayfield -- to warn them about speculation about Sampson's replacement and about other schools potentially encouraging them to break their commitment to the Sooners.

All five signed national letters of intent with the Sooners in November and would have to ask the university for a release if they decided to transfer.

"It was a family decision for him and you can't go wrong with that," said Reynolds, who scored three points on 1-for-3 shooting from 3-point range in the McDonald's game Wednesday night. "He was trying to provide for his family."

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2006, 08:49 AM
Found this somewhere else. Sounds really good for OU for the most part.

Reynolds: Sampson not only reason he chose OklahomaAssociated Press
Mens College Basketball News Wire

SAN DIEGO -- McDonald's All-American guard Scottie Reynolds said Wednesday he is disappointed that coach Kelvin Sampson left Oklahoma and that he'll have to wait to decide whether his future still remains with the Sooners.

"Right now I'm signed and committed to Oklahoma, we'll see what happens," said Reynolds, a 6-foot guard from Herndon, Va. "I have no problem with anything about Oklahoma. I have nothing like that. I like Oklahoma, I wasn't there just because of the coach. But that's a good coach leaving. But you're never going to go somewhere where there is not good coaching.

"But at the same time, I like it out there and we are just going to see what happens."

Reynolds said he had heard rumors that Sampson might be leaving, but he was surprised to hear the destination would be Indiana.

"I'm disappointed, it hurts," Reynolds said. "I had full faith that Coach was going to be there my whole four years. But it just didn't work out like that."

Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said Oklahoma assistant coaches had contacted all five of the Sooners' incoming recruits -- Reynolds, guard Tony Crocker and forwards Damion James, Keith Clark and Jeremy Mayfield -- to warn them about speculation about Sampson's replacement and about other schools potentially encouraging them to break their commitment to the Sooners.

All five signed national letters of intent with the Sooners in November and would have to ask the university for a release if they decided to transfer.

"It was a family decision for him and you can't go wrong with that," said Reynolds, who scored three points on 1-for-3 shooting from 3-point range in the McDonald's game Wednesday night. "He was trying to provide for his family."

"He's definitely the type of player you see playing at Oklahoma. He is Oklahoma good." Tomas Rodriguez on Mike Reed

That last paragraph doesn't belong in a story about Reynolds.

NickZeppelin
3/30/2006, 08:50 AM
I think it means on Scottie Reynolds. Just says Mike Reed.

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2006, 08:54 AM
No, because Tomas Rodriguez is Mike Reed's JUCO coach.

NickZeppelin
3/30/2006, 09:03 AM
This is an AP story so why was it in the last paragraph. So it must have been just a mistake.

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2006, 09:08 AM
Yeah, it has to be a mistake. Read the line in the Audibles section of Mike Reed's Rivals profile. Looks kind of familiar huh. :)

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=50760

Besides, I would hope somebody would say Reynolds was Duke good or North Carolina good when it comes to basketball.

NickZeppelin
3/30/2006, 09:09 AM
I changed it. I think I figured out why I got it wrong. But it's fixed now anyway

soonermark
3/30/2006, 09:12 AM
Dude, you copied and pasted this post from the ouinsider's board and you accidentally included the guy's sig, that's why it's there.

NickZeppelin
3/30/2006, 09:15 AM
Exactly. I probably should have just looked up the AP article anyway. That's what I usually do with things like that. I was just too lazy.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/30/2006, 09:27 AM
Scottie has a great stroke. I thought a couple times he dribbled the ball about 5' off the ground but he certainly can handle the rock. Made a couple real nice passes too. I can see him being the PG and playing well from day 1.

Oden is a freaking monster. Ohio St is going to be real tough.