PDA

View Full Version : HIRE JEFF BZDELIK!!!!!!!!!!

The Ensuing Kickoff
3/29/2006, 09:31 PM
You can all rest easy. The one man search committee, TEK, has narrowed his list from the top three to a single man: Jeff Bzdelik.

Now, I'm not even certain that I'm spelling his name right. But here's why one uninformed and powerless individual believes that he is the man for the job:

1) Youngish.

2) Clean as a whistle. Hell, he's currently the coach at a service academy (USAFA for those of you just tuning in) so he must be skeleton-free.

3) Clearly can coach the hell outta some basketball. In my opinion, he was a great coach when he was at the Nuggets until he was replaced last year. He had mediocre talent and plenty of injuries, and still won a good amount of games. Then, he turns around and wins with kids in a Princeton back-door-cut style offense. That's depth and coaching.

4) Honest, unpretentious (sp) guy. I listened to him on the radio frequently when he was the HC at the Nuggets, and I always liked his forthrightness and his refusal to slam his players, even when they might have deserved it.

5) Clearly just loves basketball. After being released from an NBA team, someone jokingly suggested he take the AFA job, and he said "if they're interested, I am."

The negative is that he does not have the lightning personality that many college HCs possess, but I believe he'd be a good fit. Another negative, who knows about his recruiting ability - come to think of it, that's a big negative. But still, I think it's a win/win to hire him based on his proven coaching ability.

-TEK

King Crimson
3/29/2006, 10:24 PM
yer right about Bzdelic. it's an interesting possibility, but he and a bowl of cream gravy would duel to the end as far as personality.