PDA

View Full Version : So if you hit the powerball......

slickdawg
3/29/2006, 09:27 PM
or came into an azzload of money somehow and didn't have to work, what
would you do?

I think I'd enroll at OU as a meteorology major. I chose computer science
over the weather the first time around. I've been obsessed with the weather
my entire life.

Sooner24
3/29/2006, 09:29 PM
I think I would retire.

No, I KNOW I would.

bri
3/29/2006, 09:35 PM
I'd quit my square 9-to-5 job and get a part-time job working in a record store.

You know, when I'm not just sitting around being STINKING FILTHY RICH. :D

KABOOKIE
3/29/2006, 09:41 PM
Yep, when I win the lotto the first thing I'm gonna do is sit in a class and crunch partial differential equations until my head azzploads.

bigdsooner
3/29/2006, 09:49 PM
1st thing id do is bond pat out of the slammer so he could post again, then id retire and learn how to play golf a hell of alot better than i do now.

id also buy a yacht

oumartin
3/29/2006, 09:52 PM
I know I'd be a lot more attractive to women. and thats all that matter isn't it.

sanantoniosooner
3/29/2006, 09:53 PM
I would become the greatest sponsor of all time at this forum and buy my way into being a moderator.

Then I'd give all my spek to charity.

sooneron
3/29/2006, 09:58 PM
Hire Van Halen to play my birthday party. The REAL Van Halen!

http://www.dvdork.com/uploads/fasttimes1.jpg

MamaMia
3/29/2006, 10:01 PM
I would give 25% to charity, pay off all my bills. Leave enough for my grandkids to have a college education at the University of Oklahoma and then I would do a little bit of traveling. :)

afs
3/29/2006, 10:06 PM
enable Soonerfans.com to stop soliciting donations.

quit my current job and become a writer.

sooneron
3/29/2006, 10:09 PM
Actually, two words- Hawaii and Gulfstream!

Not to mention a fat donation to my Mom's Dep't to keep me in Gaylord skybox heaven!

Cam
3/29/2006, 10:26 PM
Pay off all bills. Invest in kids' college funds. Pay off parents bills so they can start from scratch. Play a lot of golf. Open a sports bar.

Melo
3/29/2006, 10:36 PM
I'd pay for me to go to either OU or UNT (Whichever one), I'd buy the new clarinet I want, I'd put some away for my bro to go to college, I'd give some to my parents to help them pay for...whatever. I'd probably buy a car. Then I would put the rest away, become a band director, and not have to be poor forever.

soonerscuba
3/29/2006, 10:42 PM
You people are crazy. Sit on it for a year, garner enough interest to make initial payments on a nice house, continue this as it will appreciate more in investment than in a mortgage, use that which remains to live a healthy lifestyle free of any sort of financial responsibility beyond writing checks. Find a hobby, preferably a mega expensive one, like flying jets.

Oh, two chicks at the same time.

Cam
3/29/2006, 10:46 PM
Oh, I'd also donate enough money to OU that they'd have no choice but to accept me into grad school despite my ****ty undergrad grades.

IB4OU2
3/29/2006, 10:57 PM
Buy a hunting lodge in the Rockies, buy a small island in the Carribean, buy a home in Tulsa (around the Philbrook area) to keep the wife and I near family and friends and handy to OU football in the fall.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/29/2006, 11:03 PM
Pay my bills. Then I'd make sure my parents and my brother's family were financially secure. I'd start a charitable giving trust, travel a lot more, and become sugar momma to m hot Latin gardener.

slickdawg
3/29/2006, 11:09 PM
Pay my bills. Then I'd make sure my parents and my brother's family were financially secure. I'd start a charitable giving trust, travel a lot more, and become sugar momma to m hot Latin gardener.

Si!

:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/29/2006, 11:09 PM
Invest half, sit on my a$$, play golf, buy a boat, move to somewhere with a white sand beach 100 yards away from the front porch, open a few sports bar n grills. Open a funeral home (guaranteed business)

Mixer!
3/29/2006, 11:12 PM
buy an athletic village.

wait.... :D

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 11:56 PM
I think I'd enroll at OU as a meteorology major. I chose computer science
over the weather the first time around. I've been obsessed with the weather
my entire life.

No you wouldn't...you would be working way more harder than you need to and you probably not want to study so hard and enjoy he life the money would bring...

I'd just use the money to fund storm chasing and screw the edumacation...

soonerbrat
3/30/2006, 12:41 AM
Tropical. Island.
hammock on the beach...sleep on a boat every night so it could rock me to sleep. except during football season. I'd be in oklahoma every weekend.

proud gonzo
3/30/2006, 12:58 AM
I'd become a producer and turn my crapload of money into a really freaking huge crapload of money :D

royalfan5
3/30/2006, 01:13 AM
I do three chicks at once, and then start building a high quality purebred Gelbvieh herd, start a feedlot, and then three different chicks at once.

sanantoniosooner
3/30/2006, 01:18 AM
I do three chicks at once, and then start building a high quality purebred Gelbvieh herd, start a feedlot, and then three different chicks at once.
That herd ought to take shape pretty fast with you hitting 3 at once repeatedly.

Czar Soonerov
3/30/2006, 01:24 AM
That herd ought to take shape pretty fast with you hitting 3 at once repeatedly.

How would you know, you can't even bag one tonight. ;) (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65679)

sanantoniosooner
3/30/2006, 01:35 AM
How would you know, you can't even bag one tonight. ;) (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65679)
I didn't forget how. It's like riding a bicycle.

crap.......it's been a while since I rode a bike too.......

pb4ou
3/30/2006, 02:51 AM
I'd become http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2771/batman8ie.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BoogercountySooner
3/30/2006, 04:52 AM
Buy a hunting lodge in the Rockies, buy a small island in the Carribean, buy a home in Tulsa (around the Philbrook area) to keep the wife and I near Pat!!

Fixed!!:D :D

49r
3/30/2006, 11:06 AM
I guess I could finally cross "Constantly fantasize about what I'd do if I won the powerball" off the list...

sooneron
3/30/2006, 11:10 AM
You people are crazy. Sit on it for a year, garner enough interest to make initial payments on a nice house, continue this as it will appreciate more in investment than in a mortgage, use that which remains to live a healthy lifestyle free of any sort of financial responsibility beyond writing checks. Find a hobby, preferably a mega expensive one, like flying jets.

Oh, two chicks at the same time.
Well, that's a big duh!

Nothing does better than real estate in Hawaii. Oh yeah, a pimp apt in Manhattan, as well.

sooneron
3/30/2006, 11:11 AM
I'd become a producer and turn my crapload of money into a really freaking huge crapload of money :D
Producer of what?

Stanley1
3/30/2006, 11:56 AM
I do three chicks at once,

24 posts until somebody said it. This place is going downhill, quickly.

Stanley1
3/30/2006, 11:58 AM
Move back to Oklahoma.
Buy a house on the lake/beach.
Buy a boat.
Buy a fast car.
Take care of my parents and 2 bros.
Might try to buy a professional baseball team.

OU Adonis
3/30/2006, 12:07 PM
Islands are really not that expensive relatively speaking. You can get a nice one for a mil or so.

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2006, 12:08 PM
Producer of what?

pron

GottaHavePride
3/30/2006, 12:11 PM
Producer of what?

Springtime for Hitler.

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2006, 12:12 PM
-Not only would I quit my job, they'd never see or hear from me again.
-Never miss another Sooner football game, home or away.
-Pay off everything including mortgage, I don't care what Bruce says.
-Buy a cabin up in the mountains somewhere. I'd have to do a lot of traveling to find out which mountains though.
-Golf
-Eventually go back to school and get multiple history degrees.

HoserSooner
3/30/2006, 01:59 PM
Property in the Cayman Islands. Property on, and membership at a high-end, classy golf & country club (just so I wouldn't fit in). Play golf all day, and **** off the regular classy types with my language and atire.

Oh....and four chicks at once. ;)

sanantoniosooner
3/30/2006, 02:02 PM
I want one at a time. If you get too big of a crowd an unwelcome appendage could sneak in there.

49r
3/30/2006, 02:03 PM
as far as quitting the job?

For me it would be no two weeks notice, no calling to say kiss my ***, not even stopping by to get my stuff. I just would never go back nor would I talk to anyone from there again...

...not that I hate my job or anything. They just don't deserve any consideration from me...and it's not like I'd be burning any bridges that would affect my future career opportunities. Cause my new career would be lightin ceegars with $100 bills! YEE-HAW! :texan:

opksooner
3/30/2006, 05:23 PM
After paying my bills I'd have about $1.38 left over.

Then what?