PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have anything interesting...

Collier11
3/29/2006, 08:58 PM
...to report from monday or todays practice??

frou
3/29/2006, 09:29 PM
Well, James Hale just said that Reggie Smith is looking great at corner

Duke is getting all the special teaching he needs and they feel he can be special

Halzle looked good again today, Rhett did so so

Birdine brings an athletic presence that we sorely missed last year.

Thinks Granger could start, but isn't right now.

Said Allen Patrick got popped by some young kid but kept his feet and that was the pod.

Jason Carter could be a very good blitzing corner and he has shown to be good at it.

oumartin
3/29/2006, 09:45 PM
Said Allen Patrick got popped by some young kid but kept his feet and that was the pod.

what the hell does pod mean?

Collier11
3/29/2006, 09:45 PM
cool, thanks! Keep it coming if anyone else hears anything, unfortunately im studying for a test

Zing
3/29/2006, 09:52 PM

Just an uneducated guess here, but POD = Point Of Drill?

oumartin
3/29/2006, 09:53 PM
cool, thanks...

sanantoniosooner
3/29/2006, 09:55 PM
pod-push-over drunk.

Looks like more controversy.

picasso
3/29/2006, 10:10 PM
penalized offensive deployment

or

play of the day.

;)

oumartin
3/29/2006, 10:17 PM
i thought pod was a group.
Youth of the nation. etc

OUGreg723
3/29/2006, 10:19 PM
Remember those concerns about "Pod" threads lol. Those were fun! The best was concerns about ZOD. Because I made that one..:)

frou
3/29/2006, 10:20 PM

Sorry guys--play of the day.

James said Patrick ran through the hole and some frosh popped him good and AP went back five yards but never lost his feet and kept churning.

James said it was easily the play of the day. He was bragging on AP, but I wanna know who the kid was that popped him so hard!

Damn memory!!

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 10:35 PM
Due to rain in Norman today, the OU football practice has been moved
indoors to the Everest Training Center. The workout will be closed to
the public.

GottaHavePride
3/30/2006, 12:01 AM
Remember those concerns about "Pod" threads lol. Those were fun! The best was concerns about ZOD. Because I made that one..:)

I liked the Dog Problem threads. Well, and the Fog, Log, Mog, and Ogg Problem threads...

Jello Biafra
3/30/2006, 12:14 AM

James said Patrick ran through the hole and some frosh popped him good and AP went back five yards but never lost his feet and kept churning.

James said it was easily the play of the day. He was bragging on AP, but I wanna know who the kid was that popped him so hard!

Damn memory!!

speaking of damn memory, who was the linebacker that broke fazande's jaw and then transfered to tulsa? i remember his dad saying something to the affect of i bet he won't come to ___ side again.

GDC
3/30/2006, 04:26 AM
A pod is where those darn body snatchers come from.

NickZeppelin
3/30/2006, 08:42 AM
http://com3.runboard.com/bnickzeppsboard.fsoonerfootball

I'll have yesterdays practice reports up in a few minutes.

oumartin
3/30/2006, 08:45 AM
welcome back Nick.. I got a present for you

GDC
3/30/2006, 08:48 AM
OU practice report
By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer
3/30/2006

NEWS AND NOTES

Big goodbye: Bob Stoops said he'll miss his close friendship with departed basketball coach Kelvin Sampson.

"Sure, we have been good friends, and I hate to see him go," Stoops said. "But I understand this profession and that sometimes you've been somewhere for a period of time and you feel like it's the right time, or you need to make a decision for you and your family. I'm sad to see him go, but I also know the University of Oklahoma can attract a very good coach.

"You look back at his career and you want to look at number of wins and compare it to other Big 12 coaches -- tournament championships, Big 12, and last year's season champions -- he's had his share of winning, and I sure recognize that. I'm sure he'll do a good job at Indiana."

Inside out: The Sooners practiced in full pads Wednesday -- No. 6 of 15 this spring -- for just over an hour inside the Everest Training Center because of rain earlier in the day, but spent the last hour on the grass of Memorial Stadium, finishing up with a 20-plus play scrimmage of nearly live contact.

"We wanted to come out here for team (session) and have a little bit of a scrimmage," Stoops said. "I don't like that fake stuff, I

like real grass; I always feel safer."

No. 1: OU has its first football commitment of the 2007 recruiting class. Yuba (Calif.) College linebacker Mike Reed committed over the weekend, according to Rivals.com and Scout.com. Reed (6-4, 250) played high school ball in Vero Beach, Fla. Yuba was reportedly his second college, and he redshirted there in 2004.

Another 42: Oklahoma linebacker Rufus Alexander was one of 42 players named to the 2006 Ronnie Lott Trophy watch list. Alexander, who wears the same jersey number as Lott wore -- 42 -- was All-Big 12 last season and led OU with 102 tackles. The trophy, awarded on Dec. 10, is given to a player who exhibits Lott's characteristics of integrity, maturity, performance, academics, community and tenacity.

On one play in Wednesday's practice, Alexander blitzed to his right, and as quarterback Joey Halzle flipped a screen pass to running back Allen Patrick, Alexander leaped high and intercepted the throw. No-no: Late in Wednesday's action, backup linebacker Demarrio Pleasant laid a full-speed tackle on running back Adrian Peterson and landed on Peterson's legs. Peterson, who wore heavy tape on his right ankle, was fine, but it was rare to see the Sooners' star player hit.

"I wasn't quick enough with my whistle," Stoops said. "There was actually a pass called, and (quarterback Rhett Bomar) checked to a run. We're not looking to get him tackled, that's for sure." .

mrowl
3/30/2006, 08:57 AM
http://com3.runboard.com/bnickzeppsboard.fsoonerfootball

I'll have yesterdays practice reports up in a few minutes.

Nick, if I wanted to read the Daily Oklahoman, I would go to their website.

Sooner in Tampa
3/30/2006, 09:06 AM
Nick, if I wanted to read the Daily Oklahoman, I would go to their website.BWHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Nick as been PWNED!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yermom
3/30/2006, 11:20 AM

Damn memory!!

On one play during the goal-line drill, Patrick was stuffed running up the middle by safety Quentin Carter on what was probably the hit of the day, but he is such a great athlete that even though he got completely knocked back, he was able to spin out and keep running, but the play was blown dead. On the next play, however, Patrick scored on a tough run up the gut.

instigator
3/30/2006, 11:58 AM

Damn memory!!

I think it's AD, not AP. ;)

CobraKai
3/30/2006, 12:02 PM
speaking of damn memory, who was the linebacker that broke fazande's jaw and then transfered to tulsa? i remember his dad saying something to the affect of i bet he won't come to ___ side again.

Mike Delaney?

RedstickSooner
3/30/2006, 12:34 PM
Oh, and also, let me be the first:

"Stoops is going to Indiana to coach the Indianapolis Colts!

Everybody knows they've got better golf there! His wife hates Norman! He's sick of the pressure from the boosters, and knows that he's started to slide as a coach, ever since losing his brother. Plus, he *totally* misses hanging out with Sampson!

Sure, what's-his-face, Dungaree, is a decent coach, but only decent, and with Mr. Best Quarterback in the History of the NFL, Indianapolis expects better!"

Sorry, just wanted to have a little fun :D