PDA

View Full Version : Why Sampson/IU won't be sanctioned

Hoosier Dynasty
3/29/2006, 07:46 PM
The national media cracks me up talking about sanctions following Sampson. I can assure you they won't and here's why.

First, Indiana enjoys a benefit that most schools do not in the NCAA. For those of you that didn't know this, the NCAA is headquartered in Indianapolis and the president, Myles Brand, is the former president of Indiana University!

Second, IU, knowing that "Brand will take care of things" would not have hired Sampson if they thought that there would even be a remote chance that he or the program would be inhibited by sanction.

Just FYI.

PrideTrombone
3/29/2006, 07:48 PM
First, Indiana enjoys a benefit that most schools do not in the NCAA. For those of you that didn't know this, the NCAA is headquartered in Indianapolis and the president, Myles Brand, is the former president of Indiana University!

In other breaking news, water is wet.

oumartin
3/29/2006, 07:48 PM
oh gee, you're a freakin' genius aren't you...
take your full of himself, poor poor pitiful me and shopping other jobs coach and go away.
We're moving on here.

PDXsooner
3/29/2006, 07:57 PM
coaches don't get sanctioned, programs do. the sanctions don't follow the coach, even though they should.

oumartin
3/29/2006, 08:00 PM
thats not true. sanctions can follow the coach.

Hoosier Dynasty
3/29/2006, 08:00 PM
In other breaking news, water is wet.

I've been amazed how many people don't know these simple facts. Beyond obvious, I know. I assume most OU fans would know but just connecting the dots for those that don't.

oumartin
3/29/2006, 08:09 PM
I'm amazed you're still here. go away+

Hoosier Dynasty
3/29/2006, 08:13 PM
I'm amazed you're still here. go away+

Well, I've been here for a couple of years now so I'm not going away anytime soon.:rolleyes:

oumartin
3/29/2006, 08:14 PM
well, we can always hope.

Hoosier Dynasty
3/29/2006, 08:15 PM
well, we can always hope.

Why? I'm not here to cause trouble. I've always found OU fans to be great fans and I have no qualms with anyone here. Don't let your bitterness get to you.

trwxxa
3/29/2006, 08:16 PM
thats not true. sanctions can follow the coach.

or an assistant coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2367206

PDXsooner
3/29/2006, 08:19 PM
didn't know that, but i'm glad to hear it.

Jimminy Crimson
3/29/2006, 10:58 PM
If Sampson/IU aren't going to be sanctioned, neither is OU.

OU didn't commit any violations.

Sampson did.

I'd imagine the scholarship limitations will stay in effect at OU just as a formality, but the 'coaches' restrictions, not so much. Those might follow Kelvin to Bloomington.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/29/2006, 11:12 PM
Why? I'm not here to cause trouble. I've always found OU fans to be great fans and I have no qualms with anyone here. Don't let your bitterness get to you.

martin isn't bitter, he's just afraid sampson is going to renige on his hiring...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 11:15 PM
Yep, ole National Collegiate Communist of Amerika will prolly give this a pass, say what OU did was good enough, 'cept we have to hire someone in new to "oversee" the phone logs and provide better control. Then Bob and crew and new Bball coach and crew will buy a bunch of throw away cell phones and call and text away!!!