PDA

View Full Version : your Texas Rangers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

mrowl
3/29/2006, 06:16 PM
my hopes for this season are falling apart. :(

Eaton's finger is hurting now. And the decision for RA Dickey to be the 5th guy makes me want to vomit.

colleyvillesooner
3/29/2006, 06:28 PM
Looks like it's pretty serious from this picture:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/03-06/0330eaton1.jpg

AustinTXHorn
3/29/2006, 08:30 PM
Screw the Cubs and Red Sox...we're the cursed ones. Can't believe Eaton is already on the DL.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind going out and trading for a #5 guy now. I think we're going to need the insurance.

At least Ricardo Rodriguez got released today, which means that we basically got Vicente Padilla for free.

Sooner04
3/29/2006, 10:51 PM
I warned you guys about Eaton.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/29/2006, 11:42 PM
Screw the Cubs and Red Sox...we're the cursed ones. Can't believe Eaton is already on the DL.
Amen. If I hear one more person utter that the Red Sox and the Cubs are "cursed," they will suffer severe consequences. At least the Red Sox (pre-2004) and the Cubs have won pennants and have won World Series. What do the Rangers (plus their previous incarnation as the Washington Senators) have to show for over 40 years? Nothing, just one division series win. To hell with a billy goat, Steve Bartman and the Bambino. Try being a Rangers fan, and those Red Sox and Cubs fans will crawl back into their caves and say, "You know, we do have it easy compared to those guys." I'm sick of all their whining about being "cursed." I would give anything to be just one game away from even going to a World Series.

Speaking of curses, here's a new one for us long-suffering Rangers fans:
The Curse of Chris Young has already struck.

mrowl
3/30/2006, 09:25 AM
I REALLY think that they should give Juan Dom a chance at #5. Even with his discipline problems and etc... He was solid at the end of last season.

mrowl
3/30/2006, 09:38 AM
:mad:

Eaton injury worries Rangers

11:45 PM CST on Wednesday, March 29, 2006

By EVAN GRANT / The Dallas Morning News

SURPRISE, Ariz. – The Rangers put the finishing touches on their rotation Wednesday morning. By sundown, they were once again scrambling for answers.

Only two hours after awarding knuckleballer R.A. Dickey the final spot in the rotation, No. 2 starter Adam Eaton left a game with San Diego with an injury to his right middle finger that was eerily similar to the one that caused him to miss nearly two months last year.
Rangers/MLB

Eaton said he felt the area around the tendon in the middle finger "pop" as he tried to throw a curveball to Dave Roberts in the second inning. He immediately summoned trainer Jamie Reed to the mound. He was on his way for an MRI late Wednesday afternoon.

"The first thing that ran through my mind was that, 'Well, it will be about three weeks of not throwing,' " Eaton said. "Last year, we did everything we could to try and speed up the recovery, but the only thing that helped was rest."

Eaton suffered a strained tendon sheath at the top of his right middle finger on June 15 of last year. He pitched only two innings over the next 10 weeks. He came back from one stint on the DL and lasted 10 days before returning. Eaton said Wednesday afternoon that he expected to miss more than one start.

Last year, reliever Erasmo Ramirez suffered a torn tendon sheath and wasn't ready until June. Atlanta starter John Thomson missed three months with the injury last year.

Rangers officials declined to comment on how Eaton's injury will immediately affect the rotation. The Rangers could move Nos. 3-5 starters Vicente Padilla, Kameron Loe and Dickey up a day.

The Rangers are, however, now in the uncomfortable position of having to consider pitchers they've already discarded. They had optioned right-handers Juan Dominguez and Edinson Volquez to Triple-A Oklahoma in the morning and announced Dickey as the fifth starter.

Both Dominguez and Volquez had ERAs above 8.00 during the spring. Dominguez had frustrated the Rangers by reporting in poor condition and having to pitch his way into shape. Volquez had really only emerged as possible choice after Josh Rupe went down with an elbow injury and Dominguez got off to a poor start. Volquez allowed 11 runs in his last two starts.

"As much as we like them, they can go into the [Oklahoma] rotation and work on some things," manager Buck Showalter said Wednesday morning. "Juan is starting to get close to being able to finish some things off."

The other options are to pursue a trade or pick somebody off waivers. The Rangers had scouted Thomson earlier in the spring, but he was removed from his outing Tuesday because of elbow tenderness. The Los Angeles Angels have Kevin Gregg to offer but would probably ask for David Dellucci in return.

Colorado may have to place Zach Day, who was in the Cleveland organization when many members of the Rangers' front office were there, on waivers after an unimpressive spring. Former Ranger Ricardo Rodriguez, sent to Philadelphia for Vicente Padilla in December, was released Wednesday.

"We're going to look at our options," Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said. "We'll look internally first. In terms of a trade, we didn't have anything that far down the line."

Said Showalter: "It's a game of adjustments. If we have to make one, we will."

jk the sooner fan
3/30/2006, 09:52 AM
i worry less about what we do in april and more about what we do in august (or historically "dont do")

Sooner04
3/30/2006, 10:15 AM
You may not see Eaton again until June or later.

mrowl
3/30/2006, 10:29 AM
You may not see Eaton again until June or later.

hmmm.. well, thats usually when the Rangers begin to fall apart, and are on a full downhill slide by August. So maybe this is a good thing? :rolleyes:

mrowl
3/30/2006, 05:37 PM
3 MONTHS?!?!?! for Eaton???

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/033106dnspoeaton.7838bbbe.html

Sooner04
3/30/2006, 05:42 PM
Yep, just like last year.

colleyvillesooner
3/30/2006, 05:57 PM
****!

mrowl
3/30/2006, 07:11 PM
I WAS really excited about opening day. who knows, maybe I will get out there and feel better about this year.

AustinTXHorn
3/30/2006, 07:15 PM
I WAS really excited about opening day. who knows, maybe I will get out there and feel better about this year.
I'm still excited about opening day, it's the four days after that I'm not too excited about. ;)

AustinTXHorn
3/30/2006, 07:18 PM
From rotoworld...this last sentence is like a kick in the nuts.

Juan Dominguez, who was sent to the minors before Adam Eaton got hurt on Wednesday, will be recalled to take Eaton's place in the rotation.
It's the best solution, although some may want them to turn to John Danks or Thomas Diamond already. Dominguez probably shouldn't be picked up in AL-only leagues until he turns in a couple of quality starts. Until that happens, the Rangers will keep looking around for pitching. Ricardo Rodriguez is available. Mar. 30 - 6:54 pm et

Collier11
3/30/2006, 09:58 PM
MRowl, your hopes and dreams were already shot when you started rooting for the RANGERS! ;)

colleyvillesooner
4/1/2006, 12:52 AM
Well, there's why Juan Dom was called up:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2392431

Right-hander Juan Dominguez, who could have been one of the options, was traded Friday to Oakland in a three-team deal. Texas got one left-handed pitcher from the Oakland Athletics and another from the Chicago Cubs, but neither appears to provide immediate major league help.

John Koronka was 1-2 with a 7.47 ERA in four games (three starts) for the Cubs last year, his only season in the big leagues. John Rheinecker, acquired from the A's, has never pitched in the majors.

and this helps us now, how?

mrowl
4/1/2006, 10:26 AM
I don't know... but according to the DMN this morning, Juan Dom was 45 minutes late to a meeting this past Wednesday morning, the day they picked RA to be the 5th starter.

I really think this is more of a ****ed off trade rather than baseball.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/2/2006, 12:41 AM
We just said bye-bye to David Dellucci for more pitching help. Plus, we got Hank Blalock's younger brother in the deal.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BBO_PHILLIES_RANGERS_TRADE?SITE=OKMUS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

mrowl
4/3/2006, 08:43 AM
hmmm... hard to say goodbye to David, but I think this deal may work out.

jk the sooner fan
4/3/2006, 08:50 AM
yeah, i'm really impressed with jon daniels....he gets a couple of arms for juan dom, and then makes a decent trade with dellucci

i went to the exhibition saturday nite....that left field jack that tex put out was dead into a really strong wind......

brad wilkerson looks good, and phil nevin is smashing the ball

we may just be ok.....like i said, i'm more concerned with what we do in august than i am in april

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 08:59 AM
Heard John Boy Daniels on the tickets this morning and loved the way he said he handled the Delluci talk. he called all the players in the next day and said, "Lay it on the table, tell me what you aren't happy with. But after today, it's done."

Hart would have never done that.

Beef
4/3/2006, 09:00 AM
Well, you can always get out there and boo the hell out of :mack:.

mrowl
4/3/2006, 09:06 AM
Well, you can always get out there and boo the hell out of :mack:.

Yes, I will be participating. I wonder if the crowd will be pro or against Mack? There will be tons of boston fans, so maybe that will help the booing.

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 09:25 AM
Yes, I will be participating. I wonder if the crowd will be pro or against Mack? There will be tons of boston fans, so maybe that will help the booing.

No. way. Especially since the NC, Dallas is basically North Austin. I bet the boos will be silenced by the roar. :mad:

Beef
4/3/2006, 09:30 AM
No. way. Especially since the NC, Dallas is basically North Austin. I bet the boos will be silenced by the roar. :mad:
My friends are already on their way out to start tailgaiting, so there will be some drunken boos from the bleachers. Wish I was joining them. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 09:34 AM
My friends are already on their way out to start tailgaiting, so there will be some drunken boos from the bleachers. Wish I was joining them. :mad:

That's awesome. I wish I could go too.

Thinking about going to one of the Oakland games at the end of the month.

mrowl
4/3/2006, 09:48 AM
I wish I could tailgate today. Won't be able to get there until noon.

mrowl
4/3/2006, 10:02 AM
BTW, wasn't beer $5.50 last year?

Its $6.00 this year.

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 10:06 AM
I remember when it was an even $5.00. It was so easy, two beers for $10. THen $5.25, Then $5.50. Now $6.00. :mad;

jk the sooner fan
4/3/2006, 10:10 AM
the money they make on concessions is crazy.......a jumbo dog is 4.50.....whats the outlay for them on that? .50 cents maybe? .75 at the most....

Beef
4/3/2006, 10:13 AM
I remember when it was an even $5.00. It was so easy, two beers for $10. THen $5.25, Then $5.50. Now $6.00. :mad;
I had a mini-plan for several years in the home run porch and got to know my beer vendors well. They made a killing in tips when it was 4.50 a beef. They hated the $5. I'm sure they hate all of the even dollar prices.

Beef
4/3/2006, 10:16 AM
I just made my opening day bets. $5.09 to win $10 on Padres+Angels parlay. $11 to win 10 on the Rangers. And a $5 4 yeam parlay on the Mets, Brewers, Astros and A's to win $41.58. Fun stuff!

mrowl
4/3/2006, 10:16 AM
I am just trying to figure out where the 10% inflation came from.

GrapevineSooner
4/3/2006, 11:01 AM
That's awesome. I wish I could go too.

Thinking about going to one of the Oakland games at the end of the month.

I'll be on the first base side tomorrow night.

Rooting for the Red Sox, of course. ;)

I'll return the favor for the Rangers on April 22nd, however.

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 11:07 AM
I'll be on the first base side tomorrow night.

Rooting for the Red Sox, of course. ;)

I'll return the favor for the Rangers on April 22nd, however.

DICK. :D

soonerjoker
4/3/2006, 11:08 AM
wonder if they'd like to have kenny rogers ????

their best pitcher in 2005.

colleyvillesooner
4/3/2006, 11:22 AM
Just got two free tickets and the ok from the boss to go. Arlington here we come!!!

Ruuuuuufus
4/3/2006, 01:04 PM
My guide says Red Sox vs. Rangers but my tv shows the harlem globetrotters :|

Beef
4/3/2006, 04:24 PM
How 'bout that loss.:mad: :(

AllAboutThe'O'
4/3/2006, 10:58 PM
My guide says Red Sox vs. Rangers but my tv shows the harlem globetrotters :|
I got that, too, today. Stupid local blackout rule. Oh well, least I got spared the humiliation.

mrowl
4/4/2006, 05:59 AM

4 cool things about opening day:

1. The FA-18 flyover was BAD *** (pictures later)

2. Not as many a-hole red sox fans (guess thats what happens when the bandwagon gets empty)

3. Laynce Nix in Center is a great thing, but he MUST get better at bats

4. Ian Kinsler's first major league hit

colleyvillesooner
4/4/2006, 09:07 AM

4 cool things about opening day:

1. The FA-18 flyover was BAD *** (pictures later)

2. Not as many a-hole red sox fans (guess thats what happens when the bandwagon gets empty)

3. Laynce Nix in Center is a great thing, but he MUST get better at bats

4. Ian Kinsler's first major league hit

Saw the fly over from the car (F'n traffic was horrible. Good thing I knew the backroads.)

Nix played a great game at center and a few more feet on the hit to center and it's a 7-5 ballgame.

Kinsler's hit was cool. Schilling tossed it to the dugout like a pro.

mrowl
4/4/2006, 08:16 PM
AWESOME. since for WHATEVER reason, my IP is out of new jersey, I can get the rangers on mlbtv on the web.

No blackout here! :D

colleyvillesooner
4/4/2006, 09:54 PM
Wish I would have gone tonight rather than yesterday :mad:

Great game by Padilla. Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Ruuuuuufus
4/4/2006, 10:08 PM
AWESOME. since for WHATEVER reason, my IP is out of new jersey, I can get the rangers on mlbtv on the web.

No blackout here! :D

same for me so far in okc. If you get blacked out on mlbtv you can always just go through a proxy anyways.

GrapevineSooner
4/5/2006, 12:50 AM
Wish I would have gone tonight rather than yesterday :mad:

Great game by Padilla. Hopefully a sign of things to come!
He had his stuff working tonight.

But Wakefield???

Ehhh, not so much you might say.

Also, can anyone teach Josh Bard how to catch a knuckleball?

TIA!!

P.S. How about Phil Nevin's night?

P.P.S. Props to Rangers ballboy Greg for giving my daughter a baseball after the between innings warmup and before the top of the 7th. She really appreciated it.

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 09:04 AM
He had his stuff working tonight.

But Wakefield???

Ehhh, not so much you might say.

Also, can anyone teach Josh Bard how to catch a knuckleball?

TIA!!

P.S. How about Phil Nevin's night?

P.P.S. Props to Rangers ballboy Greg for giving my daughter a baseball after the between innings warmup and before the top of the 7th. She really appreciated it.

Yeah, makes me scared for R.A. Dickey. :O

mrowl
4/5/2006, 03:44 PM
great win last night. Everybody playing to thier potential, except Nix.

HE MUST GET BETTER AT HIS AT BATS.

see yall at the temple tonight.

Ruuuuuufus
4/5/2006, 06:35 PM
Nevin is pretty good when he's healthy, which isn't often. He's still ridiculously overpaid, but, meh.

colleyvillesooner
4/5/2006, 10:11 PM
I'll take that outing from Lo everytime.

Bad decision to send Tex there. Even if he doesn't hesitate, NO WAY he makes it.

jk the sooner fan
4/5/2006, 10:14 PM
I'll take that outing from Lo everytime.

Bad decision to send Tex there. Even if he doesn't hesitate, NO WAY he makes it.

agree on both counts

3d base coach Smith had that "oh crap" look on his face, he knew he f'd up sending Tex

AustinTXHorn
4/5/2006, 10:52 PM
Fun way to lose the game. Basically outplayed them for 8 innings and found a way to lose it.

At least Padilla and Loe looked good in Arlington against a good offensive ballclub. We know Millwood will be there.

Now it's these next two guys that make me want to run for cover.

mrowl
4/6/2006, 05:46 AM
very frustrating night.

Loe pitched great, but the offense sucked.

Tex should have never been waved in. Maybe Smith thought that was Soriano, or Gary Mathews coming around. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2006, 07:38 AM
YEs, the next two games could get hairy. I'm thinking 7-6 kinda games.

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2006, 07:24 PM
The R.A. Dickey knuckleball experiment is not going so good. He currently has a 1 to 1 ratio of outs to Homeruns.

Det 3 (all solo shots.)
Tex 0
Top 2

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2006, 09:54 PM
Well, it got worse. R.A. gave up 6 homeruns, tying a major league record. Can he go back to throwing that weak *** fastball please. Nowish.

mrowl
4/7/2006, 08:40 AM
I am still trying to figure out why he was still in the game in the 4th inning. <vomit>

Beef
4/7/2006, 08:57 AM
I am still trying to figure out why he was still in the game in the 4th inning. <vomit>
I think Buck wanted everyone who bought an outfield ticket to get a souvenier. He's nice like that. :mad:

GrapevineSooner
4/7/2006, 11:06 AM
R.A.,

Batting practice is from 5:00 to 7:00.

Not 7:05 to 8:30.

Paperclip
4/7/2006, 11:21 PM
How about those 4-0 Detroit Tigers?!! Woo hoo!

AllAboutThe'O'
4/8/2006, 12:18 AM
How about those 4-0 Detroit Tigers?!! Woo hoo!

Jimmy Leyland for AL Manager of the Year.

Fellow Ranger fans, is it too early to push the panic button yet? Considering that we're 1-4 and have yet to hit the road.

colleyvillesooner
4/8/2006, 08:06 AM
I pushed it when Eaton went down, then threw it out the window when R.A. pitched batting practice.

Paperclip
4/8/2006, 09:20 PM
Make that 5-0. Stunning.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/9/2006, 12:11 AM
Make that 5-0. Stunning.
So, anyone want to make a wager on Chris Shelton's chances of winning the Triple Crown this year?

AustinTXHorn
4/9/2006, 03:37 AM
Went to the game tonight.

Verlander. Wow. Had no clue his change was that dirty. Hitting 100 MPH late into the game with pretty much pinpoint control.

The Rangers suck right now, but Verlander was just something else tonight.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/9/2006, 11:07 PM
Wow, I'm shocked. It's past 11 p.m. on Sunday night and no one else has made a post on the Rangers' win today over the Gambler. Maybe it's because everybody else is surprised that the Rangers actually WON a game.:twinkies:

AustinTXHorn
4/10/2006, 07:24 AM
I really love our bullpen this year. I don't think there's many teams who can run four guys in a row like Benoit, Alfonseca, Aki, and Cordero out there.

It would just be nice if we could get to those guys with...you know...a lead.

mrowl
4/10/2006, 10:19 AM
I predict a VERY bad road trip.................

colleyvillesooner
4/10/2006, 10:23 AM
Me too, but it wouldn't shock me at all if they go 6-3. It would just figure.

jk the sooner fan
4/10/2006, 10:28 AM
maybe millwood will have an outing befitting of an ace, and then realize taking on ameriquest field was a mistake!

its a LONG season, a 2-4 start means little

colleyvillesooner
4/10/2006, 10:45 AM
maybe millwood will have an outing befitting of an ace, and then realize taking on ameriquest field was a mistake!

its a LONG season, a 2-4 start means little

Yeah, but it's the way we lost those games. And it's 2-5. :D

mrowl
4/11/2006, 06:11 AM
L

Decent effort by Loe. Hey hitters, we are going to start trading your *** if you don't do anything, yes, I am talking to YOU Blalock and Nix!

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2006, 09:21 AM
L

Decent effort by Loe. Hey hitters, we are going to start trading your *** if you don't do anything, yes, I am talking to YOU Blalock and Nix!

I agreed 100% with the Hardline yesterday. I wouldn't miss Blaylock if we traded him. Get some pitching, any pitching for him, and move on. He's got a tradeable contract and will put up numbers.

jk the sooner fan
4/11/2006, 09:50 AM
why is nix still in the lineup? is it because we have no other outfielders to play?

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2006, 10:08 AM
why is nix still in the lineup? is it because we have no other outfielders to play?

I think so. He plays centerfield pretty well in a centerfield that's hard to play.

jk the sooner fan
4/11/2006, 10:23 AM
he is great defensively.....offensively not so much

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2006, 10:31 AM
agreed.

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2006, 10:37 AM
Norm is saying Nix could be sent down this week.

Beef
4/11/2006, 10:42 AM
Norm is saying Nix could be sent down this week.
Wonder what Oddibe McDowell is doing these days....

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2006, 10:57 AM
Wonder what Oddibe McDowell is doing these days....

ah yes, the Cycle.

AustinTXHorn
4/11/2006, 11:55 AM
I agreed 100% with the Hardline yesterday. I wouldn't miss Blaylock if we traded him. Get some pitching, any pitching for him, and move on. He's got a tradeable contract and will put up numbers.
Blalock could be doing what David Wright does. Hitting over .300, 25 home runs, 100 RBI, hitting the ball to all fields, and walking a lot.

Instead, he chooses to go up hacking for a home run every time, hits .260, still only hits 25 homers, and strikes out a ton.

I was a huge Blalock fan when he first came up. Now...not so much.

Also can't wait for Matthews to get back around the weekend. I'm tired of having two automatic outs in the outfield right now. Wilkerson will come around. We know he's good. Nix hasn't proven anything at the plate since he first came up a long time ago.

colleyvillesooner
4/11/2006, 01:27 PM
Guy on the radio today said in the last two years, Mench is dead last in hits with men in scoring position for outfielders.

mrowl
4/11/2006, 04:50 PM
ahh yes..... I forgot about Gary Jr. Right now I would much rather have him in Center and HITTING.

Scott D
4/11/2006, 04:56 PM
Guy on the gadio today said in the last two years, Mench is dead last in hits when anything other than a paycheck is on the line.

fixed :D :D :D

AustinTXHorn
4/12/2006, 12:07 AM
hmmm...

****. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME? ****ING **** **** **** **** ****.

:mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned: :mad: :stunned:

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 07:17 AM
unbelievable

GrapevineSooner
4/12/2006, 08:45 AM
I stayed up for that last night? :mad: :mad: :mad:

At least it's still relatively early. But I'm not liking what I'm seeing from this team so far.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 08:49 AM
Kinsler's out to with a dilocated left thumb.

Rangers blow lead, lose Kinsler

01:44 AM CDT on Wednesday, April 12, 2006
By EVAN GRANT / The Dallas Morning News

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Rangers shook up the lineup Tuesday night.

There’s liable to be a whole lot more shaking going on.

The Rangers lost 5-4 to Los Angeles in the bottom of the ninth and lost rookie second baseman Ian Kinsler with a dislocated left thumb. Kinsler, who is hitting .476, will likely be placed on the disabled list today. His full status won’t be known until he sees a hand specialist today. Doctors were not able to set the thumb back in place Tuesday night.

Rangers trainer Jamie Reed said the dislocation is high up on the thumb and isn’t likely to involve a ligament injury. A ligament tear would require surgery and likely keep Kinsler out three months. A simple dislocation may only cost him a month or so.

Rangers/MLB
DiscussLive: Cowlishaw's chat on Dallas sports (4/11)

SMS: Sports to your phone

Angels 5, Rangers 4

Kinsler hurt in Rangers' loss

Hough defends Dickey

Inside the Rangers

Box score | Highlights

Wednesday's scouting report

Tuesday's scoreboard

More Rangers
The Rangers are likely to use Mark DeRosa, who is still recovering from a strained muscle in his left ankle, and D’Angelo Jimenez, who bobbled a relay throw in the ninth to allow the winning run to score, at second until Kinsler’s return.

"It is what it is,’’ Kinsler said, his thumb protected by a splint. "You’ve got to roll with the punches and just get back on track when you get your chance.’’

Kinsler’s injury is just the latest mishap in what may soon become known as "The Dellucci Curse.’’ Since the trade of David Dellucci an hour before the roster was set, nothing but woe has befallen the Rangers. They’ve lost seven of their first nine games, the leadoff hitter has been a bust, and the injuries are piling up.

Tuesday’s misfortune didn’t end with the Kinsler injury. The club got a solid start from fill-in Rick Bauer, an important manufactured run and a great catch from fill-in right fielder Adrian Brown. And still it wasn’t enough.

The Rangers allowed four runs in the final three innings. Texas took a 4-3 lead to the bottom of the ninth, but Francisco Cordero hit leadoff hitter Darin Erstad with a full-count pitch and then allowed a single to Casey Kotchman. After Jeff Mathis botched a bunt by popping it up, Adam Kennedy lined a double into the right field corner.

Erstad scored easily, but pinch-runner Maicer Izturis was held up at third. The relay, however, short-hopped Jimenez and skipped off his glove. Izturis was able to race home with the winning run. It was Anaheim’s eighth straight win against the Rangers and its 13th in the last 15 games.

But for much of the night, it seemed like the Rangers might actually get something of a momentum-building win. A new lineup with a new leadoff hitter built a 3-1 lead on a pair of homers from Hank Blalock. But the new leadoff man, Brown, figured prominently in helping the Rangers manufacture what appeared to be an important seventh-inning run. Brown replaced Brad Wilkerson, who was dropped to seventh after striking out nine times in the three games before Tuesday.

In the seventh, Rod Barajas and Laynce Nix, the bottom two hitters in the lineup, started with consecutive singles. It was Nix’s first hit of the year. Brown bunted them over. Michael Young drove home Barajas with a sacrifice fly to center.

Brown also played right field for Kevin Mench, who is bothered by a sore toe on his right foot. Brown made what seemed to be a game-saving catch in the bottom of the eighth to start a double play.

What the Rangers do with Brown -- and the leadoff spot -- remains uncertain. Gary Matthews Jr. could be activated from the disabled list, perhaps as early as today to replace Kinsler. He could get a shot at the leadoff job. And, if Wilkerson starts making contact, he could move back into the spot.

"I just need to mentally relax and just forget about everything,’’ Wilkerson said. "This is all on me. It’s about seeing the ball, relaxing and putting a good swing on it. I just haven’t done that.’’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online at: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/041206dnsporangerslede.12d9f1a5.html

Beef
4/12/2006, 11:30 AM
Great seats should be pretty easy to get this season. Oh well.

mrowl
4/12/2006, 11:33 AM
Well... last place may be realistic now.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 11:38 AM
This is the perfect way to start off the season to get Raoger Clemens :mad:

AllAboutThe'O'
4/13/2006, 12:14 AM
Much better effort tonight. Won 11-3. Not even Vlad extending his hit streak against us could stop the Rangers. I was beginning to think that the Santa Barbara Angels of Malibu were starting to own us.

GrapevineSooner
4/13/2006, 01:56 AM
Actually, they're the Los Angeles Angels of just-north-of-Laguna-Beach

jk the sooner fan
4/13/2006, 06:31 AM
if Vlad Guerrero isnt the best hitter in baseball....i'm not sure who is

Benoit pitches much differently when he has a significant lead.....nice to see Matthews Jr playing again

Scott D
4/13/2006, 01:26 PM
jk, I'd say Pujols...Vlad definitely the best hitter in the AL.

jk the sooner fan
4/13/2006, 01:37 PM
close match between the two, for sure

GrapevineSooner
4/13/2006, 02:01 PM
He's the best free-swinging hitter in the game at least.

One of these days, he's gonna a launch a ball 15 rows into the outfield bleachers on a ball that bounces 5 feet in front of home plate.

Joe DiMaggio's happy that there are other teams on Anaheim's schedule besides the Rangers. ;)

Beef
4/13/2006, 02:12 PM
jk, I'd say Pujols...Vlad definitely the best hitter in the AL.
And I'm sure Vlad's stats wouldn't be nearly as good as they are without facing the Rangers 14 times a year. And I would hate to see what Pujol's would be if he faced the Rangers that many times. But props to Vlad anyway. I wouldn't pitch to him if I were the Rangers. Just hit him in the arm every time he came to bat.

colleyvillesooner
4/13/2006, 02:21 PM
He's the best free-swinging hitter in the game at least.

One of these days, he's gonna a launch a ball 15 rows into the outfield bleachers on a ball that bounces 5 feet in front of home plate.

Joe DiMaggio's happy that there are other teams on Anaheim's schedule besides the Rangers. ;)

Vlad would own at cricket.

GrapevineSooner
4/14/2006, 09:53 AM
Vlad would own at cricket.

Heh, he probably would. :D

Beef
4/14/2006, 09:59 AM
Rangers didn't lose last night!!!! Woo hoo!!

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 09:30 PM
Sweet!

Rangers score 2 in the 2nd. 2-0 good guys.

How are they going to dissapoint me tonight? Update to come :O

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 09:58 PM
Millwoods finally showing up. 0 runs through 3, 4 strikeouts.

Rangers - 3
As's - 0
Top 4

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 10:23 PM
Well, if Millwood's shutout gets broken up, I'm cool with the Big Hurt hitting a solo shot for his 450th. Love that guy.

R - 4
A - 1

Bottom 5

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 11:11 PM
Well the Japanese setup man is like Coco lite, lets runners get to the corners then gets out of the jam.

Rangers - 5
As's - 2
Top 9

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 11:39 PM
Nice win tonight

Millwood gets the win. 7 innnings, 7 hits, 2 runs, 7 strikeouts, 0 walks.

Rangers - 6
A's - 3
Final

And since everyone else lost, the Rangers are now 1 1/2 games back of 1st place. FWIW.

AustinTXHorn
4/15/2006, 03:27 AM
Smells like updog in here.

I believe that this was a much bigger win than it gets credit for. Rangers were facing Zito, who nearly no-hit them the last time they faced him in Oakland, with their ace (Millwood) on the mound. Rangers pound Zito and Millwood throws a gem to move to within 1.5 of first place. Take one more this weekend and the Rangers are definitely right back in the middle of things despite a terrible start.

GrapevineSooner
4/15/2006, 07:05 PM
And then Padilla gives up three straight homers on three straight pitches.

I'm not sure I could do that even if I tried.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/16/2006, 05:51 PM
Why is it that we get multiple posts on Ranger losses and we might as well be hearing nothing but crickets when we win?
Especially with a win like we had today.

jk the sooner fan
4/16/2006, 06:11 PM
well have no fear, i just got here to post

our first series win of the season, woohooo

kam loe pitched great.......and Coco got robbed of a called 3d strike on that 2 out 3-2 count.....i dont know if the ump was giving back for his strike call on Payton

regardless, the good guys hung in there and pulled one out with some late clutch hitting

oh, and to answer your question........its because we're Ranger fans....its what we do

jk the sooner fan
4/16/2006, 06:18 PM
oh, one more thing, i'd be all for giving Alfonseca and his 6 fingered fast ball a chance at the closing job....Coco scares the crap outta me

AustinTXHorn
4/16/2006, 07:02 PM
It sucks when I have to watch Street suck like that, but at least he didn't suck like that and we still lost. I was worried that was going to happen.

We're 5-8 and just 1.5 out of first with our next six games being against the Mariners and Devil Rays. Got to capitalize.

colleyvillesooner
4/16/2006, 10:52 PM
Why is it that we get multiple posts on Ranger losses and we might as well be hearing nothing but crickets when we win?
Especially with a win like we had today.

How bout cause it's Easter. Lot of people are probably away from the Board. I would hope! :D

GrapevineSooner
4/17/2006, 01:34 PM
We were all celebrating the win yesterday. :D

mrowl
4/17/2006, 01:58 PM
FYI, don't EVAR bet baseball in vegas while drunk.

now, to the next thread.

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2006, 10:56 PM
hey ranger fans.....our 5th starter is in position for win #2 tonite in seattle.....and we've chased their 20 year old phenom outta there

colleyvillesooner
4/18/2006, 11:04 PM
hey ranger fans.....our 5th starter is in position for win #2 tonite in seattle.....and we've chased their 20 year old phenom outta there

Good to beat that guy. Although the TV guys made it sound more like he was coming out anyways due to pitch count.

Hope they win.

mrowl
4/19/2006, 02:57 PM
good win last night. Koronka did very well.

AustinTXHorn
4/19/2006, 04:58 PM
The Koronka for Dominguez trade looks pretty good right now. They're the same age, Koronka's a lefty which this rotation needs, and he appears to have his head on straight.

Dominguez, meanwhile, has an ERA of near 6 through three AAA starts.

Good job by the scouting department to find this guy.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2006, 06:01 PM
nobody picked up on my "6 finger fastball" joke with Alfonseca.....

sheesh....

GrapevineSooner
4/19/2006, 11:59 PM
You know, there's a part of me that wished Mark Conner or Buck would have slapped Cordero upset the head on their visit to the mound and ask him WTF he's doing leaving his stuff up to all the Seattle hitters?

If we lose this game, Coco should lose a game's pay. This would be the second game we've lost because of his stupid antics on the mound.

Nice gopher ball, C.J. :mad:

This should not happen with this bullpen.

AustinTXHorn
4/20/2006, 12:14 AM
**** Francisco Cordero.

Time to let Otsuka close until Cordero stops sucking. But I doubt Buck will do it. Cordero's fastball is sitting around 94 and it's either right over the plate or he's not throwing it for strikes at all. You could put just about anyone else out there and they'd do a better job at getting three outs.

snp
4/20/2006, 12:21 AM
7 pages of Rangers discussion? :confused:

There's probably not 7 Rangers fans at OU's campus. Where you guys been hiding out at?

(Go 'Stros)

mrowl
4/20/2006, 06:29 AM
F'ing CoCo.

time to find a new closer.

colleyvillesooner
4/20/2006, 07:52 AM
Recap says it all:
W: J. Putz (1-0) L: F. Cordero (1-2)

F Cordero.

mrowl
4/20/2006, 10:06 AM
norm brings up a very good point this morning...

why in the hell are the Rangers still in the AL West? In games like last night, I use toothpicks to keep my eyes open.

GrapevineSooner
4/20/2006, 10:19 AM
why in the hell are the Rangers still in the AL West?

Because there's too many teams in the central and eastern part of the country.

It's the same reason the Dallas Stars play in the Pacific Division, even though they're closer to the Atlantic Ocean.

mrowl
4/20/2006, 10:20 AM
and I forgot all about this...

Hicks made the agreement to be in the AL west to play Houston every year.

SUCK.

mrowl
4/20/2006, 10:24 AM
Because there's too many teams in the central and eastern part of the country.

It's the same reason the Dallas Stars play in the Pacific Division, even though they're closer to the Atlantic Ocean.

there are 5 in the pac, and 4 in the central... why not flop? :mad:

GrapevineSooner
4/20/2006, 10:35 AM
No, there's five teams in each division in the NHL (Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, and Columbus in the Central). The problem with having more teams in the East is far more pronounced in the NHL than it is in baseball.

Which is another reason why the NHL should do away with the unbalanced scheduled.

mrowl
4/20/2006, 11:01 AM
do we really count Columbus? ;)

Scott D
4/20/2006, 02:15 PM
No, there's five teams in each division in the NHL (Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Nashville, and Columbus in the Central). The problem with having more teams in the East is far more pronounced in the NHL than it is in baseball.

Which is another reason why the NHL should do away with the unbalanced scheduled.

The day that the Penguins finally leave Pittsburgh for western reaches (read: Portland/Seattle) the Red Wings will be moving to the Eastern Conference.

GrapevineSooner
4/20/2006, 06:11 PM
The day that the Penguins finally leave Pittsburgh for western reaches (read: Portland/Seattle) the Red Wings will be moving to the Eastern Conference.

And the Stars, logically, should move back into the former Norris Division to fill Detroit's slot. ;)

mrowl
4/21/2006, 08:52 AM
great... we took a series from a horrible team.

CoCo, thanks for not screwing up.

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2006, 09:03 AM
our starting pitching looks pretty good so far this year......its our bullpen we cant trust, i wonder if JD is working the network to find a lil bullpen help

colleyvillesooner
4/21/2006, 09:14 AM
Me too, but it wouldn't shock me at all if they go 6-3. It would just figure.

5-4, pretty close! :D

Scott D
4/21/2006, 11:23 AM
And the Stars, logically, should move back into the former Norris Division to fill Detroit's slot. ;)

you know, I'm going to hate losing the rivalry games with Chicago when that happens ;)

GrapevineSooner
4/21/2006, 12:24 PM
I think those legitimate 'rivalry' games were lost in 1995.

Right about the time Dollar Bill let Jeremy Roenick go.

Scott D
4/21/2006, 12:29 PM
I think those legitimate 'rivalry' games were lost in 1995.

Right about the time Dollar Bill let Jeremy Roenick go.

it was truly dead once this happened.

23-Mar-99: Chicago Blackhawks traded Chris Chelios to the Detroit Red Wings for Anders Eriksson and 1st round selection (Steve McCarthy) in 1999 and 1st round selection (Adam Munro) in 2001.

GrapevineSooner
4/21/2006, 01:02 PM
Damn, has it really been that long ago?

I guess so, since that's the same spring Colorado traded for Theo Fleury. I remember all the national pundits talking about those trades and how they could catapult the Avs and Red Wings to the Stanley Cup only because the biggest move Dallas made that year was adding Derek Plante.

Scott D
4/21/2006, 01:14 PM
Damn, has it really been that long ago?

I guess so, since that's the same spring Colorado traded for Theo Fleury. I remember all the national pundits talking about those trades and how they could catapult the Avs and Red Wings to the Stanley Cup only because the biggest move Dallas made that year was adding Derek Plante.

We mortgaged way too much that year. But, it was the last time that Ken Holland did any major trade deadline tinkering, so the GM learned from it.

jk the sooner fan
4/21/2006, 10:02 PM
michael young is a pure stud.....100%

AllAboutThe'O'
4/21/2006, 11:34 PM
michael young is a pure stud.....100%
Thanks for getting things back on track after the NHL threadjack.
And I agree, MY is a stud.

soonerjoker
4/22/2006, 10:54 AM
rangers tied for 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrowl
4/22/2006, 11:02 AM
what a night for Michael Young and Kevin Mench. Great game.

Kam Loe? not so much... I think he will be fine though.

CJ Wilson, also a great game. Maybe his best outing as a ranger.

jk the sooner fan
4/22/2006, 11:17 AM
what a night for Michael Young and Kevin Mench. Great game.

Kam Loe? not so much... I think he will be fine though.

CJ Wilson, also a great game. Maybe his best outing as a ranger.

i loved that behind the back pitch he did on the one batter.....really not necessary, but his timing was perfect, he gets thru the 5th inning and establishes control of the game....rather than coming out like a hired hack and plunking him in the arm.....CJ looked really good.....i saw him pitch the opening nite in frisco and he was dialing up some serious heat

AustinTXHorn
4/23/2006, 12:56 AM
Wilson's stuff is great and I think he's throwing harder than he was before the Tommy John surgery.

Hopefully he can carry some of that bullpen success into the rotation this year.

colleyvillesooner
4/23/2006, 02:29 AM
Helllloooooooooo .500!!! :D

jk the sooner fan
4/23/2006, 03:17 PM
http://www.bankofdooly.com/images/sweep.jpg

mrowl
4/23/2006, 03:58 PM
"1st place Texas Rangers"

mrowl
4/23/2006, 03:59 PM
and after the latest from CoCo last night, its time for a change.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/23/2006, 09:09 PM
I'm glad we got some payback against the Devil Rays (not very often you can say something like that, huh?).
But seriously, my lowest point as a Ranger fan last year came when we got swept at Tampa Bay, which ended that catastrophic two-week road trip where we managed just one measly win. That was the one time last year where I unloaded on the team; my rant was on last year's Ranger season thread.

So I've been waiting to get payback on the D-Rays all this time and we got it. Too bad Sweet Lou isn't around, though.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/24/2006, 11:47 PM
Geez, think we can stop serving up consecutive home run balls against the Athletics already?:confused:

mrowl
4/25/2006, 10:09 AM
I didn't get to watch the game last night, but I did see the highlights, and my question is this:

Why is Barajas still playing? Laird should be given a couple games to see what can happen.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 10:14 AM
No kidding.

Milwood was a little wild, but still left with the lead, and C.J. "C-ya" Wilson lost the game. Again.

mrowl
4/25/2006, 10:19 AM
well... I really didn't mind CJ losing that one...

In a home game at the temple, the Rangers should NEVER lose when the opponent has 3 runs.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 10:26 AM
well... I really didn't mind CJ losing that one...

In a home game at the temple, the Rangers should NEVER lose when the opponent has 3 runs.

Agreed.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 09:59 PM
Coco had now blown more saves than converted 7 opportunitues, 4 blown saves.

Hey Coco, way to give up 2 runs in the 9th, and the game tying hit to a guy batting .100!!!!!!!

You better hope the top of the order bails you out.

I'm ready to see our setup man close games. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 10:06 PM
dammit........i'm tired of tom grieve making excuses for him too.............just call it what it is tom.......BROKE

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 10:07 PM
WAY TO GO BLAYLOCK!!!!!! GAME WINNING HIT!!!!

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 10:08 PM
holy cow............Coco owes Hank a BJ in the clubhouse tonite

what ****es me off is this is 2 nites now where he gets the win, and a blown save........i really hope that Jon Daniels is looking for a relief pitcher that can come in and close games

or hell, go with the 6 fingered fast ball of Alfonseca

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 10:10 PM
holy cow............Coco owes Hank a BJ in the clubhouse tonite

what ****es me off is this is 2 nites now where he gets the win, and a blown save........i really hope that Jon Daniels is looking for a relief pitcher that can come in and close games

or hell, go with the 6 fingered fast ball of Alfonseca

6 fingers, heh.

Happy? :D

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2006, 10:11 PM
finally...sheesh.....

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 10:21 PM
Angels are losing 3-0 to Detroit as well.

GrapevineSooner
4/25/2006, 10:30 PM
dammit........i'm tired of tom grieve making excuses for him too.............just call it what it is tom.......BROKE

Tom Hicks won't let him. ;)

Rule number one in the Rangers broadcast booth.

Sunshine pump as much as you can.

If you can't do that, then spin.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2006, 10:49 PM
Greggo was just really funny on the post game show. Said Coco could be a potential 20 game winner :D

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 03:24 PM
Mench homered in 6th straight game with a grand slam

Rangers - 4
A's - 3
Top 7

mrowl
4/26/2006, 03:38 PM
SWEET Double play to end the top of the 8th.

GrapevineSooner
4/26/2006, 03:44 PM
Mench homered in 6th straight game with a grand slam

Rangers - 4
A's - 3
Top 7

Only two away from Dale Long's record.

mrowl
4/26/2006, 03:44 PM
DAMNIT. Coco is coming in for the 9th

4-3 Rangers

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 03:45 PM
I say Coco goes 1-2-3.

mrowl
4/26/2006, 03:47 PM
I say Coco goes 1-2-3.

what were you saying?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mrowl
4/26/2006, 03:47 PM
tie ballgame, Choke-Co gives up a no out homer.

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 03:48 PM
3 home runs. 1-2-3

GrapevineSooner
4/26/2006, 03:48 PM
Gives up a game tying homer to Dan Johnson.

Yes, that same just-over-.100 hitter than tied the game last night with a 2 out hit.

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 03:49 PM
http://colleyvillesooner.com/stuff/BigMad.jpg

GrapevineSooner
4/26/2006, 03:51 PM
Not big enough

mrowl
4/26/2006, 03:51 PM
that has to be it... PLEASE... no MORE COCO!!!

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 03:54 PM
unbelievable.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2006, 03:55 PM
son of a bitch

GrapevineSooner
4/26/2006, 03:58 PM
Who are you if your save percentage is worse than even Marty Turco's?

That's right, you're Coco Cordero.

mrowl
4/26/2006, 04:01 PM
to the 10th.....

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:03 PM
C.J. "C-Ya" Wilson!?!?!?

http://www.zonalibre.org/blog/adrik/archives/graficos/ep_III_05.jpg
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:04 PM
leadoff walk. nice

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:06 PM
single by Chavez, men on 1st and 2nd no outs.

Rangers - 4
A's - 4
Top 10

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:10 PM
6-4 A's

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:12 PM
BTW, those were Payton's first RBI's of the season.

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:13 PM
Rangers - 4
A's - 6
Bottom 10

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:21 PM
Men at 1st and 2nd for Nevin. 2 outs

Rangers - 4
A's - 6
Bottom 10

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:25 PM
Bases loaded for Hank! CMON HANK!!!!

Rangers - 4
A's - 6
Bottom 10

Thanks Coco. You cost us this series.

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:27 PM
Rangers - 4
A's - 6
Final

Thanks Coco. You cost us this series.

mrowl
4/26/2006, 04:35 PM
http://bobanddan.net/forums/Smileys/default/deadhorse.gif

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:38 PM
Would you have believed me if I told you at the beginning of the season that, if not for our closer, we'd be 16-6?

mrowl
4/26/2006, 04:40 PM
Would you have believed me if I told you at the beginning of the season that, if not for our closer, we'd be 16-6?

http://bobanddan.net/forums/Smileys/default/eck16.gif

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:40 PM
heh

mrowl
4/26/2006, 04:42 PM
Will the DFW metro complete the 3 loss tri-fecta tonight? I wonder what kind of odds I could get

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 04:47 PM
Will the DFW metro complete the 3 loss tri-fecta tonight? I wonder what kind of odds I could get

Not gonna happen. The rangers will be the only loss.

please

GrapevineSooner
4/26/2006, 06:22 PM
Mavs will not lose to the Grizz.

The Stars will finally wake up tonight and realize 'Hey, we're better than that other team. But we'd better hurry up and prove it before our season ends.'

colleyvillesooner
4/26/2006, 11:23 PM
Mavs will not lose to the Grizz.

The Stars will finally wake up tonight and realize 'Hey, we're better than that other team. But we'd better hurry up and prove it before our season ends.'

1 out of 2 ain't bad :mad:

mrowl
4/27/2006, 12:09 PM
CoCo = Out

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/14443018.htm

Codero loses closer's job, for now

By JAN HUBBARD
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

The Rangers have decided to give embattled closer Francisco Cordero a break on the five-game road trip that begins in Cleveland on Friday and use Akinori Otsuka in that role.

The decision was made in a meeting of top Rangers officials after Cordero set a major league record for April by blowing five saves, the latest in a 6-4 loss to Oakland on Wednesday.

No one would comment publicly on the decision, but Rangers manager Buck Showalter acknowledged after the game that relieving Cordero of closing duties was an option.

“I’m not saying we’re not going to do that,” Showalter said. “I’m not going to announce it [to the media] if we do. The one thing you’re assuming is that the person who goes in there can do the job.”

That was before the decision had been made, but Rangers officials were all on the same page. Cordero will still pitch on the road trip, but his appearances will come before the ninth inning.

Rangers officials continue to be baffled by Cordero’s performance, but they still are supporting him.

“Coco is healthy and his stuff is there,” said Rangers general manager Jon Daniels. “At this point, it’s just a matter of harnessing that. I’ve got concerns in the short term. That’s an important job and we need it done efficiently. In the long term, I have a lot of confidence that he’s going to get squared away and be OK.”

colleyvillesooner
4/27/2006, 12:51 PM
Alright, let's see what Otsuka has.

AustinTXHorn
4/27/2006, 11:53 PM
YOSSHAA!

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/01-06/0105rangers.jpg

GrapevineSooner
4/28/2006, 12:09 AM
Akinora say Sayanora.

AustinTXHorn
4/28/2006, 10:41 PM
We take Cordero out of the closers role and he still finds a way to lose a game for us.

I think Buck's goal is to get Cordero in every single game close game this year, no matter his role, no matter how bad he is.

mrowl
4/29/2006, 09:45 AM
I will chip in some money to Buck if he never plays CoCo this year.

What a BEATDOWN.

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2006, 09:50 AM
yep, even with the one run he gives up, we still had some offensive chances to at least tie the game

hopefully JD is out looking for an arm somewhere

colleyvillesooner
4/30/2006, 09:33 PM
Rangers score 6 in the Top of the 7th to take a 7-4 lead.

Padilla leaves for C.J. "C-Ya" Wlison. Try not to give up back to back homeruns, please.

Rangers - 7
Tribe - 4
Bottom 7th

AllAboutThe'O'
4/30/2006, 10:33 PM
Amazing, the bullpen gets it done, allows zero runs.

Ladies and gentlemen, as of the first of May, the Texas Rangers are now all alone in first place atop the AL Western Division. One month down, five more to go.:D

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2006, 10:41 PM
great win tonite, a big hit by Mr Clutch - Michael Young

colleyvillesooner
5/1/2006, 08:52 AM
I'm glad to see Nevin continuing his hot spring into the season.

mrowl
5/1/2006, 08:53 AM
"1st Place Texas Rangers"

mrowl
5/1/2006, 04:50 PM
CoCo rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RszTgI3h5-E&feature=Recent&page=4&t=t&f=b

mrowl
5/2/2006, 08:09 PM
Texas up 6-2 against Tampa Bay, the newest starting pitcher (Tejada) looked good in 5 innings of work. :D

mrowl
5/2/2006, 08:32 PM
is anyone else wondering why Buck took Mahay out? :mad:

colleyvillesooner
5/2/2006, 10:12 PM
CoCo rant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RszTgI3h5-E&feature=Recent&page=4&t=t&f=b

Chok-co. Nice :D

colleyvillesooner
5/3/2006, 10:50 PM
Good win tonight. Derosa homers in the 12th to win it.

Koronka looked strong. 8 1/3 6 hits, 1 run.

Too bad he didn't get the win.

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2006, 10:53 PM
seattle and the angels already lost, and oakland is behind to cleveland in the 7th......will be even a nicer win if all 3 other teams fall another game behind

colleyvillesooner
5/3/2006, 10:55 PM
Sure would, whorn lover. ;)

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2006, 11:00 PM
heh.......

hey speaking of, did you get the minutes of the last meeting printed up so that we can get them approved at the next meeting?

lots to cover next week

mrowl
5/4/2006, 05:52 AM
Great win last night, Koronka keeps impressing me more and more... they need to change that scorers rule about the winner.

AL West Standings

Texas 16 12 .571 -
Oakland 14 13 .519 1.5
LA Angels 12 16 .429 4.0
Seattle 12 17 .414 4.5

colleyvillesooner
5/4/2006, 10:41 AM
heh.......

hey speaking of, did you get the minutes of the last meeting printed up so that we can get them approved at the next meeting?

lots to cover next week

I know, big week ahead. Launching of project "Opposing Posters Elim...." you know what, I've already said to much. We'll let the results speak for themselves. :D

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2006, 11:21 AM
Umm guys.

I haven't been sent this week's meeting notes.

Or have I been shut outta the loop? :mad:

mrowl
5/4/2006, 11:23 AM
Umm guys.

I haven't been sent this week's meeting notes.

Or have I been shut outta the loop? :mad:

you have to fax the instructions of the secret email handshake first.

jk the sooner fan
5/4/2006, 11:26 AM
you have to raise your right hand and swear that you're a horn loving dallas lunch having anti-gdc pseudo sooner

do that and you're in

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 11:27 AM
Last Nites game was one of the fastest pitched games I ever seen, I went to pee and missed 2 innings. Neither pitcher was wasting anytime until Todd Williams got his slow *** in the game!

mrowl
5/4/2006, 11:35 AM
Last Nites game was one of the fastest pitched games I ever seen, I went to pee and missed 2 innings. Neither pitcher was wasting anytime until Todd Williams got his slow *** in the game!

It was great that even with a 12 inning game, they were done before 10:30.

Is anyone else a little ticked off at the Rangers (the owner, staff) for this "los Rangers" thing Friday night? I know it's cinco de mayo, I know its texas, but........

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 11:50 AM
The Otsuka-San sign was a nice touch of elegance though ;)

jk the sooner fan
5/4/2006, 11:59 AM
yes, i am not a fan of the uniform change for sinko de mayo

bad deal. embarrassing

BeetDigger
5/4/2006, 02:20 PM
seattle and the angels already lost, and oakland is behind to cleveland in the 7th......will be even a nicer win if all 3 other teams fall another game behind

The Rangers don't have to worry about Seattle. The closest they will be all year occured during the first week of the season. Each spring training brings new hope, only to be dashed by the realization of another bad free agent signing, usually, but not exclusively, at third base. While the Rangers and A's produce position players that produce with nary a problem, Seattle struggles to make, build, buy and/or develop position players. If Seattle can't win the West, I pray that the grubby little over acheiving A's and the pompous Angels don't win it.

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2006, 02:20 PM
I don't really have a problem with the jersey change.

Now if Chuck Morgan starts doing all the PA stuff in Spanish tomorrow...

mrowl
5/4/2006, 03:29 PM
I don't really have a problem with the jersey change.

Now if Chuck Morgan starts doing all the PA stuff in Spanish tomorrow...

:( :rolleyes: :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2006, 07:10 PM
:( :rolleyes: :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D

Bear in mind I don't necessarily like it.

But compared to the Stars Mooterus third jerseys, I don't mind them.

If that makes any sense.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 07:55 PM
Someone needs to get Brandon Fahey off of the Steriods!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/4/2006, 08:27 PM
Damm Corey Patterson is as dumb as dirt...I can honestly say the Cubs biggest addition over the last few years was getting rid of Patterson...

colleyvillesooner
5/4/2006, 10:33 PM
Milwood looked great tonight in the CG 4 hitter. Starting to pitch like the guy we paid for.

mrowl
5/5/2006, 07:52 AM
Damn.... we are getting into unknown territory. a LONG winning streak!

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2006, 09:13 AM
Yankees come just in time, but we get their struggling pitchers.

Stru-gul-ling.

Edit: I'm retarded. :O

CrimsonHelmet
5/5/2006, 12:14 PM
"...Damn.... we are getting into unknown territory. a LONG winning streak!..."

I would venture that the true unknown territory is starting pitching that goes deep into the game with the lead intact.

Anyone starting to think that Jon Daniels >>> John Hart???

colleyvillesooner
5/5/2006, 01:35 PM
Anyone starting to think that Jon Daniels >>> John Hart???

He passes Hart when he ditched the Chan Ho contract.

OUstud
5/5/2006, 06:42 PM
He passes Hart when he ditched the Chan Ho contract.

Amen. Why Hart gave him that contract, I'll never know.

mrowl
5/6/2006, 09:23 AM

Damn those Jerseys. They cursed us in the first 5 innings. Errors, missed pop fly's, failed double plays. I still hate you Hicks

jk the sooner fan
5/6/2006, 09:45 AM
Tex is having a "slumpish" april/may.....last year this time, he had a bunch of clutch hits and homers........not so much this year

GDC
5/6/2006, 11:18 AM
"...Damn.... we are getting into unknown territory. a LONG winning streak!..."

heh

mrowl
5/6/2006, 11:20 AM
Tex is having a "slumpish" april/may.....last year this time, he had a bunch of clutch hits and homers........not so much this year

I think (I am not a stats guy) that Tex has been up to the plate 3 times with the bases LOADED. And all 3 times. K. K. K. :mad:

Scott D
5/6/2006, 01:35 PM
I think (I am not a stats guy) that Tex has been up to the plate 3 times with the bases LOADED. And all 3 times. K. K. K. :mad:

aww c'mon he had to look at strike 3 at least once in those 3 at bats ;)

colleyvillesooner
5/7/2006, 12:40 AM
All I can say is :mad:

GDC
5/7/2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.umma.lsa.umich.edu/collections/brooms/images/large/s24203%20broom.jpg

soonerjoker
5/8/2006, 10:18 AM
JD got rid of park so he could pay nevin 10 mil/year. well, that does save 3 mil/year. & nevin speaks english.