PDA

View Full Version : your Texas Rangers

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2006, 10:23 AM
Nevin has done more in April than Park did his whole time here.

GDC
5/8/2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/3847317.html

http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060508_A19_Texas38146_sign8.jpg

Did they arrest the Rangers yet for impersonating a baseball team?

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/8/2006, 11:26 AM
Teixeira's new nickname should be "Strikes out to end the threath" and it is easier to pronounce ;)

mrowl
5/8/2006, 01:09 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

what a disaster.

OUstud
5/8/2006, 04:31 PM
Why do we get continually owned by the Yankees?!?

And don't worry about Tex, he'll come around, he always starts slow. Ranger :twinkies:

mrowl
5/8/2006, 07:03 PM
OMG! Tex hit a double with the bases loaded!!! :D :D :(

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2006, 10:31 PM
Who would have believed Koronka would be our winningist pitcher after the first month.

Good guys win 6-4.

soonerjoker
5/9/2006, 10:13 AM
collie
total up all positives of park, & i bet it's more than nevins' april.

you will agree that 10mil is a bit much for nevvie ???

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2006, 10:20 AM
collie
total up all positives of park, & i bet it's more than nevins' april.

you will agree that 10mil is a bit much for nevvie ???

If you wanna research Chan Ho's "positives" be my guest. And yes, 10 mil is to much for Nevin, but at least Chan Ho is gone. Chan Ho was an incredibly horrible signing. I don't see how taking on Nevin's contract will come any where close. We just took Nevin to get rid of Chan Ho.

mrowl
5/9/2006, 10:52 AM
Chan ho had "positives" ????????????????????????

Ok, I can think of one, well, maybe.... nope... not yet... still thinking...

mrowl
5/15/2006, 07:36 PM
surprise, surprise, surprise, the Rangers get a rally going in the 5th, and Tex strikes out. :mad:

tie game 2-2

jk the sooner fan
5/15/2006, 07:37 PM
eric nadel said on the radio the other day that Tex's april/may this year is about on pace with where he was last year the same time,i think he got hot hot hot in june..........wish he'd start now though, we need it

colleyvillesooner
5/15/2006, 11:18 PM
eric nadel said on the radio the other day that Tex's april/may this year is about on pace with where he was last year the same time,i think he got hot hot hot in june..........wish he'd start now though, we need it

Good RBI tonight by Tex to give the Rangers the go ahead run in NY.

Ranger - 4
Yankees Suck - 2
Final

mrowl
5/16/2006, 05:53 AM
Good RBI tonight by Tex to give the Rangers the go ahead run in NY.

Ranger - 4
Yankees Suck - 2
Final

yes, Tex kinda made up for it with that great hit.

Great win! Millwood looked like Millwood again.

Yankees Suck.

GDC
5/16/2006, 09:25 AM
The law of averages insists Texas actually beats the Yankees once every ten games or so.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 09:47 AM
The law of averages insists Texas actually beats the Yankees once every ten games or so.

:mad:

jk the sooner fan
5/16/2006, 10:04 PM
ugh....otsuka hangs one out over the plate and posada drills it over the fence for a walk off homer

dammit

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 10:26 PM
unbelievable

GDC
5/17/2006, 10:12 AM
:D :D :D

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2006, 10:51 AM
eat it. :mad:

;)

GDC
5/17/2006, 03:22 PM
eat it. :mad:

;)

They're finally on TV tonight, so the Rangers will probably win.:mad:

AllAboutThe'O'
5/17/2006, 03:52 PM
For a team still in first place, this still has to arguably be the most catastrophic loss in Ranger history (not counting the playoffs).
It's up there with the game in 1986 where Charlie Hough took a no-hitter and a 1-0 lead into the bottom of the ninth at Anaheim, only to lose the no-hitter, the shutout and the victory when the Angels scored two runs. To this day, I've still never forgiven George Wright for dropping that easy fly ball.

Salt City Sooner
5/17/2006, 04:03 PM
For a team still in first place, this still has to arguably be the most catastrophic loss in Ranger history (not counting the playoffs).
It's up there with the game in 1986 where Charlie Hough took a no-hitter and a 1-0 lead into the bottom of the ninth at Anaheim, only to lose the no-hitter, the shutout and the victory when the Angels scored two runs. To this day, I've still never forgiven George Wright for dropping that easy fly ball.
The first thing I thought of when I read the story about Hough was this little gem. Talk about hard luck:

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/excerpts/records_registry20.stm

AllAboutThe'O'
5/17/2006, 04:07 PM
The first thing I thought of when I read the story about Hough was this little gem. Talk about hard luck:

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/excerpts/records_registry20.stm
Here's one that might top that:

Last weekend, in the Arkansas Class A state championship game, two Union Christian Academy (of Fort Smith) pitchers combined on a no-hitter, but their team still lost the game, 2-0. Is that unbelieveable, a team getting no-hit still wins the state title?

Story link:
http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2006/05/17/week_in_review/sports/sunday/sports03.txt

AllAboutThe'O'
5/18/2006, 04:28 PM
Well, we're back in the saddle again.
All things considered, I'll take a four-game split at Yankee Stadium.

Now it's time to defend the possession of our precious Silver Boot.

soonerjoker
5/20/2006, 09:43 AM
bad luck = the guy that pitched 12 perfect innings & lost in the 13th.

can't remember his name, was it elroy face ???

Salt City Sooner
5/20/2006, 10:49 AM
bad luck = the guy that pitched 12 perfect innings & lost in the 13th.

can't remember his name, was it elroy face ???
That would be the 'Bucs Harvey Haddix, vs. the Milwaukee Braves in '59.

mrowl
5/23/2006, 06:37 AM
BTW, Rangers won last night.... :D

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2006, 07:43 AM
heh. Oh yeah. that first place baseball team we have. ;)

soonerjoker
5/25/2006, 09:26 AM
lost 4 of last 6 games, & remain in 1st place with a .500 record.

looks like a dynasty in the making.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/25/2006, 09:34 AM
It could be worse, at least we aren't the Cubs ;)

soonerjoker
5/25/2006, 09:49 AM
or KC or Pirates.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 10:13 PM
Last week, we gave away a game we had no business giving away.
Tonight, we won a game that we most assuredly was going to concede as an "L."
Shows you how crazy the game of baseball is sometimes.

Phil Nevin sends the crowd at The Ballpark away happy.
And how about the return of Ian Kinsler. Two solo blasts, not bad at all.

jk the sooner fan
5/25/2006, 10:17 PM
nice comback, nice to see Tex finally go yard, its been awhile

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 10:31 PM
Just got back from the game. not a bad way to enjoy a Suite. Free beer, food, ice cream, and A 7-0 comeback win. Even got to see my favorite player as a kid, Frank Thomas, get a run scoring hit.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 10:45 PM
Just got back from the game. not a bad way to enjoy a Suite. Free beer, food, ice cream, and A 7-0 comeback win. Even got to see my favorite player as a kid, Frank Thomas, get a run scoring hit.
Shouldn't that be an 0-7 comeback win?;)

AllAboutThe'O'
5/26/2006, 12:32 AM
Still feels great to be in first place atop the AL West. Now, let's carry the momentum over from Thursday night and finish off the A's for good.

colleyvillesooner
5/26/2006, 07:33 AM
Shouldn't that be an 0-7 comeback win?;)

Yeah yeah. A few too many brews will do that. :D

mrowl
5/26/2006, 07:58 AM
awesome win last night.

EVEN though Tex went yard, he still had another BAD strikeout.

GrapevineSooner
5/26/2006, 09:18 AM
I'm beginning to develop a man crush for Kinsler.

colleyvillesooner
5/26/2006, 09:24 AM

Why, just cause he came back from the DL and in his first game batted 9th, went 3-4 with 2 homeruns? ;)

mrowl
5/26/2006, 09:27 AM

I had it before he went on the DL. :eek:

Beef
5/26/2006, 11:36 AM
MVP! MVP! MVP!

mrowl
5/27/2006, 09:08 AM
good win last night...

BUT

Nevin... please.... lets try something else.

colleyvillesooner
5/28/2006, 11:44 PM
3 out of 4 from the A's. Kinsler with the eventual game winning RBI.

Coco provided his usual late game shennanigans.

jk the sooner fan
5/28/2006, 11:48 PM
Jason Botts

nuff said.......some great defense tonite by Young

mrowl
5/29/2006, 07:22 AM
Botts and Kinsler are frickin' great.

Nevin needs the month off.

jk the sooner fan
5/29/2006, 10:39 PM
great performance tonite by john rheinecker, 8.1 innings, no runs, 3 hits, 6K

adam eaton who?

AustinTXHorn
5/29/2006, 10:42 PM
Rheinecker was dirty. That Dominguez trade was greatness. Just checked his AAA ERA and it's about 6.20.

If (and that's a big if) the Royals can hold on here, we'll have a four game lead.

AustinTXHorn
5/30/2006, 12:03 AM
Royals hold on. Four game lead.

I am really optimistic for some reason. Probably because the rest of the West is SO terrible. The only team that I can see getting hot is the A's. And they will.

But I really do feel that the A's are going to be our only competition this year, and I really like a two team race instead of a three or four team race.

And with this fairly stable rotation, I do think we can stay in it until the end this season.

mrowl
5/30/2006, 06:19 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/05-06/0530pie.jpg

OUstud
5/30/2006, 12:34 PM
I hope we do. Rheinecker looked fantastic last night, and when Teixiera gets hot, watch out. I'm feeling a long-overdue return to the playoffs where we sweep A-ChokeRod and the Skankees, making up for those times they humiliated us in our only other playoff appearances.

AustinTXHorn
5/31/2006, 12:46 AM
Rangers win, A's lose again.

5 game lead.

mrowl
5/31/2006, 08:44 AM
awesome, 5 game lead is great. Now they have to play .650 ball until we play the A's again in August.

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2006, 02:38 PM
NEWS ALERT: Rangers to Trade Phil Nevin to Cubs.

Per DMN news alert ticker. More to come.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/060106dnsponevintrade.3ed640a7.html

ARLINGTON — Just shy of the season’s one-third marker, the Rangers ended the Phil Nevin experiment Wednesday afternoon.

A week after Nevin lost his job to rookie Jason Botts, the club was putting the final touches on a deal with the Chicago Cubs, a pair of Rangers sources said. No further details of the deal were available. The Rangers are expected to pick up a significant portion of the $6 million remaining on Nevin’s salary. They are not expected to receive a significant player in return.

Rangers general manager Jon Daniels declined to comment.

If I have something to announce, I’ll do it at the appropriate time,’’ Daniels said.

The move gives the Rangers the option of calling up speedy outfielder Freddy Guzman, who was acquired from San Diego earlier in the month, and creates more playing time for players such as Botts, Mark DeRosa, Brad Wilkerson and Kevin Mench.

Nevin met with manager Buck Showalter and general manager Jon Daniels about an hour before Wednesday’s game. He was not in the dugout for the afternoon game against Seattle. His game-winning home run against Oakland last Thursday, which had been a regular of the pre-game highlight video, was also not played.

The Rangers acquired Nevin, 35, last July in a swap of bad contracts. Texas sent pitcher Chan Ho Park, who had almost $20 million remaining of his original five-year, $65 million deal, to San Diego. Nevin, who had about $15 million remaining on his long-term deal with the Padres, came to Texas.

Nevin was installed as the Rangers’ cleanup hitter and quickly flopped. He was removed from the No. 4 spot after just two weeks.

The Rangers were willing to move him during the offseason, but found little interest because of his declining performance and big contract. When he arrived at spring training, he made an immediate favorable impression.

Nevin had a strong first two weeks, but tailed off some in the middle of the month. From April 26 through May 22, Nevin batted just .160 without a home run. The Rangers called up Jason Botts on May 23 and announced he’d be the regular DH and that Nevin would split time with him.

Nevin returned to the lineup last Thursday after missing a pair of games and broke an 0-for-17 slump with a game-winning homer. But he was just 1-for-12 in three subsequent starts. As a Ranger, Nevin batted .204 with 12 homers and 39 RBIs in 275 at-bats.

The Cubs have been looking for an extra bat since first baseman Derek Lee suffered a broken wrist early in the season. Nevin can play first and also fill in at third and as a catcher.

GrapevineSooner
5/31/2006, 03:06 PM
I wish Nevy luck.

It just never worked out for him here.

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2006, 03:08 PM
Oh, and the Rangers were down 7-0, scored 5 in the bottom of the inning, just to give 2 right back in the next Top. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2006, 03:31 PM
Nevin for Jerry Hairston Jr.

mrowl
5/31/2006, 03:32 PM
Oh, and the Rangers were down 7-0, scored 5 in the bottom of the inning, just to give 2 right back in the next Top. :mad:

and then 3 more. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GrapevineSooner
5/31/2006, 03:52 PM
http://colleyvillesooner.com/stuff/BigMad.jpg

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2006, 03:59 PM
Mariners - :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Rangers - :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mrowl
5/31/2006, 04:11 PM
The Rangers had big time give-up today.

And I would have taken a bag of peanuts for Nevin.

colleyvillesooner
5/31/2006, 04:31 PM
Rangers contest winner nearly misses $25,100 moment
Athens retiree was caring for sick friend instead of watching game on TV

04:07 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 31, 2006
By JONATHAN TJARKS / The Dallas Morning News

For Frankie Hugghins, winning $25,100 last Thursday as part of a Rangers promotion wasn’t even the strangest part of the night.

“It was the only game I haven’t gotten to see all year,” said Hugghins, an 84-year-old Athens retiree and self-described diehard sports fan.

Hugghins said she watches almost every Rangers and Mavericks game on TV. “It just about kills me when they come on at the same time,” she said. “It’s pretty much the only thing I have to do around here. I just sit in my rocking chair and watch the ballgames.”

That night, however, she went to care for a sick friend who doesn’t have cable service. But her friend’s daughter called in the sixth inning of the Rangers-Oakland A’s game to inform Hugghins that she had been named a contestant in the Sonic Slam Inning promotion. The giveaway pays $25,000 for a Rangers grand slam and $100 for each home run.

Hugghins immediately called her daughter.

“I talked her through the ballgame,” said Karen Jones, a 61-year-old Dallas native. “We started watching with two outs, so it was very exciting. My mom knows all the lineups, so when Rod Barajas came up with the bases loaded, she said it was OK because he was due to break out of a slump.”

When Barajas crushed a 3-2 pitch from A’s pitcher Brad Halsey over the left-field fence, the family was elated.

“We nearly tore up the place talking over the telephone,” Hugghins said. “It just about broke my heart when they let Pudge [Rodriguez] go, but I guess Barajas is OK.”

Hugghins added $100 to her prize when Ian Kinsler homered on the next at-bat.

Word quickly spread that Hugghins, a lifelong North Texas resident, had just won. “I told her she needed to go home to answer her phone,” Jones said. “But she said she needed to stay and take care of her friend.”

Friends and relatives from all over Texas have been calling to offer their congratulations. Hugghins will receive her check before the Rangers game on June 20, but friends needn’t worry about her spending her newfound money all at once.

“I’m just going to take care of myself. The money will make my life easier. I wasn’t no rich woman,” said Hugghins, a longtime worker at the local bra factory. “I’m not going to go on a cruise or anything. I’d miss too many Rangers games.”

We need more fans like that.

mrowl
6/3/2006, 09:08 AM
Kinsler how I love thee...

He had an 11 pitch walk in the 9th, and then Mathews came up and brought him home with a double.

And Otsuka brings home the win. Kam Loe allowed 3 runs in the fourth, but got out of the jam, and pitched a quality start. Great Baseball Rangers. Baby arm.

mrowl
6/5/2006, 12:10 PM
Our Texas Rangers won a series IN Chicago, against the defending champs. Yep... baseball is going well also in our fair burg. :S

colleyvillesooner
6/6/2006, 10:55 PM
Good outing by Milwood after a shaky start, but finished with 2 h, 2, and 5 SO.

Good guys win 6-2.

Oh, and the Man Kinsler went 2-4 with a HR and 3 RBI.

GrapevineSooner
6/6/2006, 11:12 PM
Kinsler how I love thee...

But he picked the Heat (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/archives/2006/06/cowboys_rangers.html). :mad:

GrapevineSooner
6/6/2006, 11:13 PM
We need more fans like that.

More fans, like me, to win $25,000. :D

mrowl
6/7/2006, 08:35 AM
But he picked the Heat (http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/archives/2006/06/cowboys_rangers.html). :mad:

as long as he brings a pennant to the Temple, I could care less.

((obvious man talk) deep down inside, I would rather be watching the rangers in the series.) :D

colleyvillesooner
6/7/2006, 08:42 AM

Dead.
To.
Me.

colleyvillesooner
6/7/2006, 10:33 PM
Awesome game by Koronka, only 2 ER on 6 hits.

Rangers enter 9th down 2-0, Kinsler gets us on the board with a sac fly, and Barajas ties it with a single on 1-2 with 2 outs. Then, my man GMJ doubles in two runs and the Rangers lead 4-2. Coco gives a few LONG fly ball outs, but closes it down 1-2-3. Otsaka got the win.

I know the Royals suck, but they got a balls out performance from a rookie, and the Rangers should herat and pulled out the win. Both crucial hits by the 8-9 batters.

Lead back to 4.5 with the Oakland loss.

mrowl
6/8/2006, 09:47 AM
Buddy Bell = not very smart. Shoulda kept the rookie in, he only allowed a single to Hank.

colleyvillesooner
6/8/2006, 10:25 AM
Buddy Bell = not very smart. Shoulda kept the rookie in, he only allowed a single to Hank.

I know. As soon as he took him out, I thought "I know how this is gonna end for the Royals....badly"

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/8/2006, 10:34 AM
Well the Royals were just happy to have something to go badly for once, usually it starts bad and stays that way ;)

soonerjoker
6/9/2006, 09:15 AM
blow 7 run lead to worst team in AL.

GDC
6/9/2006, 07:53 PM
This weekend, go Rangers, I'm a fan.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/10/2006, 12:24 AM
This weekend, go Rangers, I'm a fan.
Sorry we let you down tonight.
And of all the rare times I have to pull for the Yankees, they spit the bit against the A's.

GrapevineSooner
6/10/2006, 01:03 AM
I'm happy/sad.

Happy the Red Sox won and the Yankees lost.

Sad the Rangers lost and the A's won.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/11/2006, 12:13 AM
Happy the Rangers won and the Red Sox lost.

Sad that the A's won and the Yankees lost.

colleyvillesooner
6/12/2006, 09:09 AM
Well, split a Sunday doubleheader. Otsaka wasted a good effort by Milwood in the day game, but a good win in the night cap.

mrowl
6/12/2006, 11:12 AM
what a wild weekend. but, I will take a 6-4 road trip anytime.

soonerjoker
6/13/2006, 10:12 AM
after being cold & wet in boston, heat of arlington was too much.

will be that way thru sept.

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2006, 10:14 AM
after being cold & wet in boston, heat of arlington was too much.

will be that way thru sept.

Yeah, that or the Rangers ran into the hottest pitcher in baseball. Yeah, it was probably the heat though.

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2006, 10:23 AM
how on earth did atlanta win so many division championships.....it gets hot there too

buck said it last nite, the heat excuse is wearing thin, we arent the only hot place to play in baseball

mrowl
6/13/2006, 10:35 AM
don't they play baseball in Atlanta and Miami?

old it is...

Scott D
6/13/2006, 10:36 AM
yeah heat is a bad excuse seeing as how the Rangers play 81 games in Arlington every year.

Contreras is rounding back into his early form after his short stint on the DL. It took him a few starts...what Don Cooper and Ozzie have done with him has been really nothing short of amazing...he isn't afraid of his fastball anymore, and his control has gotten better since he's gone to a 3/4 to sidearm delivery.

And to think....all it cost us was Esteban Loiaiza who I'm sure is doing great things for the Yankees these days ;) ....and the cash we got on that first contract of Contreras' didn't hurt :D

soonerjoker
6/14/2006, 10:03 AM
players still whine about the heat.

one big thing wrong is, big tex ain't hittin like last year. whole team is down on homers (goin yard) but happy to have a bunch of doubles.

one reason the big guy picked houston is, they always close the roof
when he pitches.

original hot spot was houston. that's where they had the 1st sundy nite games.
too hot & HUMID to play day games in summer.

CA coast is good place to play baseball. actually, it's kinda cold in
san francisco.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/14/2006, 11:34 PM
I listened to the Rangers' game while driving home today and Eric and Victor were talking about the new batting practice tops that the Rangers unveiled today. Apparently, they were T-shirt like and light-colored.

Just another way to combat the heat.;) We like to call it home-field advantage.

soonerjoker
6/16/2006, 10:11 AM
another loss to chisox, in the heat. (actually wasn't that bad, last evening)

hello, 2nd place.

soonerjoker
6/17/2006, 09:24 AM
cool nite & win over az.

colleyvillesooner
6/17/2006, 09:28 AM
cool nite & win over az.

You I should just stop looking at the box score and just check last nights weather to see if the Rangers won?

colleyvillesooner
6/17/2006, 09:29 AM
Wrong thread, eh Cam? ;)

soonerjoker
6/17/2006, 09:31 AM
nope, sometimes they lose when the weather is very comfortable.

they tend to lose more, tho, in july-sept., when it's always hot.

oldest franchise in baseball to have only 1 post season win.

mrowl
6/19/2006, 05:10 PM
ahhh...

peace over here....

The Rangers swept the diamondturds, thank you Rangers.

GrapevineSooner
6/19/2006, 05:21 PM
Still can't catch the freaking A's, though.

Last time I ever root for the Red Sox Southwest. :mad:

GrapevineSooner
6/21/2006, 10:23 AM
Tex hits what he thinks is a walk off homer in the 9th.

Umps say it was foul.

Texas loses 6-5 to the Fathers.

GrapevineSooner
6/22/2006, 12:56 AM
Bill Welke sucks. :D

At least he does in this series.

OUstud
6/22/2006, 12:16 PM
We desperately need Adam Eaton to come in and blow everyone away.

mrowl
6/27/2006, 10:32 AM
ok... time to start that winning streak... ? .... please ?

On to San Fran tonight, who are HGH \ roid less.

Millwood will take the mound and go for his 9th

GrapevineSooner
6/27/2006, 11:49 AM
Anything less than a series win in San Fran will be a major disappointment.

Minor disappointment if they don't sweep the Giants.

mrowl
6/27/2006, 05:06 PM
yes, the giants are the suck.

BeetDigger
6/27/2006, 06:15 PM
Texas is now beggining to know what Mariner fans got to know five years ago: The A's are devil children. Everytime you need them to lose a handful of games, the win them instead. They just never lose at critical times. Until the playoffs that is. Then, they lose at will.

mrowl
6/27/2006, 06:21 PM
Texas is now beggining to know what Mariner fans got to know five years ago: The A's are devil children. Everytime you need them to lose a handful of games, the win them instead. They just never lose at critical times. Until the playoffs that is. Then, they lose at will.

this is okay, if we end the year within 5 games of the A's, that means we are right on schedule. Buck will be fired a week later, and I can book my world series trip.

Off topic, Gary Mathews is going to cost the club MILLIONS more than his current salary ($2.4M).

Right now he may be worth $5M a year for 5 years?

jk the sooner fan
6/27/2006, 10:40 PM
the umpire behind the plate must be an NBA ref........his strike calls are pitiful

GrapevineSooner
6/28/2006, 12:02 AM
I'm tired of my favorite teams getting royally ****ed by the refs/umps.

Tonight's first base ump isn't qualified to umpire any of my daughter's future softball games if he can't ****ing tell that was a fair ball that Tex hit down the line.

Chalk freaking flew up in the air. How the **** do you miss that call?

GrapevineSooner
6/28/2006, 12:05 AM
For those who missed it, this wasn't a blown call like Bill Welke's from last week.

Don Denkinger would be proud of Tom Hallion tonight.

F'ing jackass that he is.

jk the sooner fan
6/28/2006, 06:19 AM
yeah that was pathetic.......how many Rangers got tossed from that game last nite? like half the team.......

colleyvillesooner
6/28/2006, 07:15 AM
yeah that was pathetic.......how many Rangers got tossed from that game last nite? like half the team.......

Tex, Young, Derosa, and Buck

BeetDigger
6/28/2006, 08:19 AM
Chalk freaking flew up in the air. How the **** do you miss that call?

That call was a no brainer. At best, you can say he just missed it. Unlike the homerun call which is based upon judgement and angle, this call was right in front of him and chalk flew up. That missed call cost the Rangers at least a tie but more than likely the lead.

GrapevineSooner
6/28/2006, 09:29 AM
And just so I don't get accused of being a whiner...

The Rangers did fall behind 5-0 within the first three innings. They can't put themselves behind the 8-ball like that.

Back to the call, I'll bet Larry Young or Hallion make an apology to the Rangers during the exchange of the lineup cards tonight. Or at least they should if they have any class.

jk the sooner fan
6/28/2006, 09:31 AM
hell, even Felipe Alou knew it was a bad call.......when asked, he made a reference to the poor officiating in the world cup.......nice deflection there

GrapevineSooner
6/28/2006, 09:44 AM
For those who missed it, this wasn't a missed call like Bill Welke's from last week.

Fixed because to be fair to Bill Welke, those two calls he made last week were tough calls.

One, because he'd have to be standing right under the foul pole to see for certain if it was a homer.

Two, because it took instant replay to see the runner touched home plate.

soonerjoker
6/28/2006, 09:52 AM
oops, 3 in a row.

colleyvillesooner
6/28/2006, 12:43 PM
oops, 3 in a row.

Are we talking about pointless, baiting posts by you? Cause if so, it's WAY more than 3.

GrapevineSooner
6/28/2006, 02:16 PM
Actually, I think he was referring to his self-imposed limit on the number of sentences per post.

mrowl
6/28/2006, 05:09 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BASTAGES!!!! I STAYED UP LATE TO WATCH us get SCREWED!

GrapevineSooner
6/29/2006, 12:33 AM
Alright.

Should I as a Rangers fan be concerned by the fact that, with the exception of Tuesday night's 9th inning rally, the Rangers have scored a grand total of two runs in their last three games against teams that weren't exactly running out Cy Young candidates to the mound?

soonerjoker
6/29/2006, 09:24 AM
oops, 4 in a row.

according to DMN, failure of starting pitcher in june, very similar to last june.
wait till it gets hot in july.
al least, so far, none of original rotation has been fired. yet.

BeetDigger
6/29/2006, 09:28 AM
CVS reply in 3.....2.....1

soonerjoker
6/29/2006, 09:31 AM
it was almost 3 hours, yesterday.

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2006, 09:39 AM
Dude, I'm not wasting my time on this guy anymore, he's just here to bait.

Forget the fact that over half the games this month were on the road, and in their losses, they aren't getting much for run support.

soonerjoker
6/29/2006, 09:46 AM
until last couple of days, road record was better than home record.

please (try) to excuse on of my (many) character flaws, i just can't root for the home team. SORRY !!!!!

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2006, 09:48 AM
until last couple of days, road record was better than home record.

please (try) to excuse on of my (many) character flaws, i just can't root for the home team. SORRY !!!!!

That's fine, but why do you post in here just to let us know how bad the Rangers are doing? We're fans of the team, I think we know what's going on.

BeetDigger
6/29/2006, 10:43 AM
That's fine, but why do you post in here just to let us know how bad the Rangers are doing? We're fans of the team, I think we know what's going on.

I'm not a fan of the team either, but am happy to discuss them in a way that hopefully doesn't offend.

Daniels, who took some chances and made some semi-bold moves, may have some regrets about Chris Young.

San Diego's Chris Young outdueled Oakland's Barry Zito Tuesday night in San Diego, winning his fourth straight decision. He surrendered two hits over six innings, while striking out six and walking four, and improved to 7-3 overall. Three relievers then came in to contribute to the shutout including Trevor Hoffman, who notched his 19th save in 20 chances. Young has given up just four earned runs in 38 2/3 innings over his past six starts, lowering his ERA from 4.32 to 2.97.

I don't know why they gave up on him. He was their darling last year early in the season. Oh I know that SD is a better pitcher's park and all that. I just think that they moved him a year too early. I think they needed to keep him for another season.

Interleague is just killing the Rangers. The M's are feasting on it. They've lost just one (or is it two) IL games this year.

Scott D
6/29/2006, 11:17 AM
the AL Central loves Interleague play.

GrapevineSooner
6/29/2006, 03:26 PM
So do the Red Sox.

They've only lost one game in Interleague play thus far.

Scott D
6/29/2006, 03:32 PM
Interesting interview that Chris Young had with Rome today for you Ranger fans....Young pretty much admitted that traditionally the climate of Arlington drains the Rangers as the season wears on. Maybe someone should talk Hicks into putting a dome on the stadium ;)

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2006, 03:34 PM
Interesting interview that Chris Young had with Rome today for you Ranger fans....Young pretty much admitted that traditionally the climate of Arlington drains the Rangers as the season wears on. Maybe someone should talk Hicks into putting a dome on the stadium ;)

Or maybe he shouldn't be a ***** when he pitches in the heat every 5th ****ing day!!! :D

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2006, 04:31 PM
Locked in a 1-1 tie in the bottom of the 7th.

Botts bats for Koronka, so here come the bullpen!

AllAboutThe'O'
6/29/2006, 04:40 PM
Oakland has a chance to get swept by the Padres. Down 3-0, Padres are now down 3-2 in the 7th.
But the Rangers need to get out of town with a W.

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2006, 04:59 PM
WAY TO GO BULL PEN!!!! Walk the lead off man in the 8th and he comes around to score! :mad:

Giants - 2
Faders - 1

Top 9

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2006, 05:11 PM
Swept.

**** YEAH! :mad:

If you told me the first 5 game losing streak wouldn't be until June 29th, and we would still be in the race at the All-Star break, I would have punched you in the mouth.

GrapevineSooner
6/29/2006, 05:26 PM
If you told me the first 5 game losing streak wouldn't be until June 29th, and we would still be in the race at the All-Star break, I would have punched you in the mouth.

Hence the reason I didn't tell you this in March. :D

GrapevineSooner
6/29/2006, 05:26 PM
BTW, Fire Chuck Long. ;)

colleyvillesooner
6/29/2006, 05:27 PM
HEH

AllAboutThe'O'
6/29/2006, 05:31 PM
BTW, Fire Chuck Long. ;)
FIRE THE BASEBALL SCHEDULE-MAKERS
Why couldn't we have played the Pirates and Braves instead?
Oh well, at least starting tomorrow we're home up through the All-Star break.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/29/2006, 05:34 PM
BTW, we may have the worst record among the AL teams in interleague play. Every other AL team has been cleaning up (Tigers, White Sox, Twins, Red Sox, to name a few). Heck, even the Royals and Orioles have fared well in interleague.

mrowl
6/29/2006, 06:10 PM
F.

what the hell is going on.

soonerjoker
6/30/2006, 08:46 AM
5 in a row.

i was wrong, road record is still better than home.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2006, 09:13 AM
Home Games

6-7 in April
9-9 in May
5-5 June.

Run support in those 5 losses in June. 2.8.

Must be the heat at home.

soonerjoker
6/30/2006, 10:08 AM
starting tonite.

C Young in todays DMN, commented on how heat got to him last year.

soonerjoker
6/30/2006, 10:09 AM
big tex is the "big let down", so far.

mrowl
7/1/2006, 09:08 AM
starting tonite.

C Young in todays DMN, commented on how heat got to him last year.

thats BS. HE GREW UP IN DALLAS.

soonerjoker
7/1/2006, 09:32 AM
you know, i mite have just dreamed that, went back to DMN & couldn't find it.

it's not bs tho, think how much more pleasant it is, pitching 1/2 your games
in SD. also, supposed to be a "pitchers park".

notice also that k rogers is doing well in detroit. won 10 games, so far.
he always was a "1st half of season" kinda guy. heat got him in 2nd half;
maybe.

jk the sooner fan
7/1/2006, 09:33 AM
for somebody who hates the team as much as you do, you sure spend alot of time here

Chris Young went to Highland Park - as we've said before, it gets damn hot in Atlanta but they seem to have a few division pennants and WS appearances

Arizona got there, i'm pretty sure its hot there too

soonerjoker
7/1/2006, 09:33 AM
great job by padilla last nite !!!!!!!!!!!

soonerjoker
7/1/2006, 09:35 AM
JK

it's all in the minds of the rangers.

notice where angels dropped one weaver & then recalled his little bro.

soonerjoker
7/1/2006, 09:37 AM
i don't hate them, not at all. i just enjoy it when they lose.

i know, it's some kinda "character flaw".

jk the sooner fan
7/1/2006, 09:38 AM
or just being a prick

Scott D
7/1/2006, 09:51 AM
thats BS. HE GREW UP IN DALLAS.

He did say that was the reason for the team wilt last season however when he was asked why they seem to get out to quick starts and fade some once the temps are in the 100 degree range regularly.

I almost took it to mean the Rangers would win a pennant if they'd get a dome ;)

mrowl
7/1/2006, 12:42 PM
He did say that was the reason for the team wilt last season however when he was asked why they seem to get out to quick starts and fade some once the temps are in the 100 degree range regularly.

I almost took it to mean the Rangers would win a pennant if they'd get a dome ;)

no, this is why they fade in the 2nd half. There is always a catastrophic moment.

Last years:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/06-05/0630rogers.jpg

mrowl
7/1/2006, 12:44 PM
2004:

http://www.sportznutz.com/mlb/gimme_a_break/chair1_francisco.jpg

mrowl
7/1/2006, 12:49 PM
notice also that k rogers is doing well in detroit. won 10 games, so far.
he always was a "1st half of season" kinda guy. heat got him in 2nd half;
maybe.

Rogers was 18-15 in 2 seasons in NY with a 5.165 ERA.

In years before with Texas he had ERA's in the low 4's and high 3's.

No matter where he has played, he is always a "1st half of season" kinda guy.

Scott D
7/1/2006, 12:51 PM
no, this is why they fade in the 2nd half. There is always a catastrophic moment.

Last years:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/06-05/0630rogers.jpg

so what's the excuse pre 2004? ;)

mrowl
7/1/2006, 01:01 PM

http://espanol.geocities.com/saludybeisbol/img/arod.JPG

Scott D
7/1/2006, 01:07 PM
and pre A-Rod?

p.s. Dear Rangers, start beating the National League, you are one of 3 teams in the AL who can't beat the NL and it makes me sad.

snp
7/1/2006, 03:59 PM
Not a good outing for the Rangers today. Just dominated by the Astros.

Not that I'm complaining :D

Paperclip
7/1/2006, 05:41 PM
Not a good outing for the Rangers today. Just dominated by the Astros.

Not that I'm complaining :D

Yeah, a much better showing for the 'stros compared to, say, Mon-Wed of this week. ;)

jk the sooner fan
7/1/2006, 05:43 PM
that over the wall catch by GMJ was pure greatness though...the only Ranger highlight of the day

Scott D
7/1/2006, 07:11 PM
Yeah, a much better showing for the 'stros compared to, say, this past week. ;)

fixed ;)

AllAboutThe'O'
7/1/2006, 11:47 PM
I don't believe we faded at all in 1996, 1998 and 1999. Except for that one little stretch in September of 1996 when it looked like we would blow the divisional title before regrouping.
Personally, I think the "heat" is just a tired convenient excuse. As was pointed out before in a previous post, it didn't hurt Atlanta any. And Florida, where it can get pretty steamy at times, has won a pair of World Series titles. Hot-weather teams can get it done, it's just a matter of tuning out the naysayers and embracing the heat instead of using it as a crutch.
It's like the old excuse in the NFL that teams that play in domed stadiums can't win Super Bowls. Someone had to dispel that notion and you don't hear much talk about that anymore (well, except when it comes to the Colts but that's another story).
And besides, wouldn't you rather play a World Series game under the lights in perfect 70-80 degree temperatures than some northeast city where it's 35 and raining?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/2/2006, 07:20 PM
GMJ and MY make the All-Star roster. Congrats to both.
I was worried that we would get only one rep and that it wouldn't be GMJ.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/2/2006, 10:23 PM
And we lose possession of the Silver Boot.

Well, now that we're back in AL play, we need to make hay the rest of this homestand, against the Jays and the Twins, because if we don't, the beginning of the post All-Star break is looking mighty treacherous.

snp
7/3/2006, 01:59 AM
Yeah, a much better showing for the 'stros compared to, say, nost of this year

Fixed again.

soonerjoker
7/3/2006, 09:47 AM
JK
"sticks & stones"

soonerjoker
7/3/2006, 09:48 AM
back to .500

colleyvillesooner
7/3/2006, 09:49 AM
JK
"sticks & stones"

Wow, internet squabble over. You pulled out the big guns.

jk the sooner fan
7/3/2006, 09:57 AM
shut me right up....

oh wait

GrapevineSooner
7/3/2006, 12:07 PM
I guess it's easy to knock other teams when you haven't come out and said who you're own favorite team is.

Scott D
7/3/2006, 12:41 PM
pretty sure joker is a dodgers fan

soonerjoker
7/4/2006, 09:32 AM
yep, dodgers. not a good team, but, like the rangers, in a weak (winnable) division.

been a fan of brooklyn/LA for over 50 years. now is longest time in that span to not make a world series appearance. "wait til next year" originated in brooklyn.

mrowl
7/4/2006, 10:45 AM
good win against canada last night.

DeRosa is frickin' amazing.

Headed to the ballpark tonight to see if the rangers can take care of Halladay.

GrapevineSooner
7/4/2006, 11:30 AM
Time to vanquish those silly Canucks on our Independence Day.

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2006, 08:59 AM
OR waste another really solid outing with no offense and lose 3-2. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2006, 09:03 AM
gotta give credit to Halladay, he's no slouch on the mound.....Koronka pitched really well..tough loss but much easier to stomach considering the circumstances

mrowl
7/5/2006, 09:53 AM
trades that need to happen.

Wilkerson for an extra bag of balls
Mench for anything that walks
Beniot for a signed Soriano bat

colleyvillesooner
7/5/2006, 10:22 AM
gotta give credit to Halladay, he's no slouch on the mound.....Koronka pitched really well..tough loss but much easier to stomach considering the circumstances

Yep, but the goal is to get into the playoffs. In the playoffs, you face the best pitchers multiple times. I'd like to see us perform against a guy like Halladay is all I'm saying.

mrowl
7/5/2006, 01:25 PM
Memo:

To the person that approved the couple that sang God Bless America last night. Your Fired.

Rangers Fans.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2006, 01:32 PM
trades that need to happen.

Wilkerson for an extra bag of balls
Mench for anything that walks
Beniot for a signed Soriano bat

this makes me laugh.... :)

GrapevineSooner
7/5/2006, 02:27 PM
Well, nobody seems poised to run away with the AL West. So I'm not about to pull the trigger on any trades.

Still, there's no reason why this lineup should be performing this inconsistently. So unless they want some trades to happen, they'd better get things in order.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2006, 02:46 PM
i think if you can get another arm or two, you pull the trigger on a trade

mrowl
7/5/2006, 03:30 PM
i think if you can get another arm or two, you pull the trigger on a trade

I almost wrote the same thing just because of habit. But wow, not this year. Pitching is in decent shape with Eaton coming back in a few weeks (millwood is a question though)

When Soriano was traded, a significant part of the offense left. They thought that would be replaced by Wilkerson, that has not happened though.

So... a bat may be needed.

(If Tex starts to be Tex again, not much would need to be done in trades.

mrowl
7/5/2006, 08:04 PM
I don't know how to react...

Tex is 2 for 2. :eek:

5-1 rangers in the 4th.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/5/2006, 10:50 PM
And we seem to be rekindling our love affair with the long ball.
Hit four circuit clouts tonight.

jk the sooner fan
7/5/2006, 10:53 PM
did anybody else hear what adam eaton said to kinsler in the dugout after his homer?

they had kinsler miked up, and eaton says "way to go little f**ker"

lol

mrowl
7/7/2006, 08:22 PM
:eek:

6-0 Rangers in the 2nd inning!

:eek:

:D :D :D

mrowl
7/8/2006, 09:45 AM
Another 14 hits from the Rangers last night in the 9-4 win. Good Times.

but, now, here come Liriano and Santana from the twins. 1 out of 2 would be great.

Good news, Adam Eaton had a good outing in OKC Thursday, and is on track for his July 25th start against the Yankees.

GrapevineSooner
7/8/2006, 10:48 PM
Another shutout of the offense. Though, I think this had a ton more to do with who was on the mound tonight.

AustinTXHorn
7/9/2006, 05:55 AM
Trade Kevin Mench. Please.

I think it's been three months since the guy had an at bat that ended with a decent swing.

Even his hits (the few that he can manage) are ugly and lucky.

As bad as Wilkerson has been, he needs to the playing everyday. The guy is leading the team in home runs.

Of course, Buck thinks it's a good idea to sit Wilkerson against lefties. Wilkerson, for what it's worth, has a career .271 average against LHP and a .249 average vs. RHP. Hmmm...

colleyvillesooner
7/9/2006, 09:25 AM
Another shutout of the offense. Though, I think this had a ton more to do with who was on the mound tonight.

True, but I'm getting very sick of our guys not helping out a good piching performace. Rheinicker (sp) only made a few mistakes, and yes Liriano was great, but we area a major league team. 2 on and 0 outs and no runs? Weak.

soonerjoker
7/9/2006, 11:31 AM
noticed that soriano has 27 homers.

colleyvillesooner
7/9/2006, 11:42 AM
noticed that soriano has 27 homers.

I noticed that his team is 38-51.

AustinTXHorn
7/9/2006, 01:55 PM
noticed that darren dreifort made $13.4 million last year.

jk the sooner fan
7/9/2006, 03:31 PM
noticed that the Dodgers were doing the same damn thing the Rangers were during last years WS

AustinTXHorn
7/9/2006, 04:31 PM
Cordero's ERA is all the way down to around 4.40.

Not bad. He's actually been really solid as the eighth inning guy the past couple of months.

Now hopefully we can get a big second half from Adam Eaton.

OUstud
7/9/2006, 11:35 PM
Hey, tied for first at the All Star Break! woot

soonerjoker
7/10/2006, 07:40 AM
jk
you're rite about the dodgers, they all watch the series the same way we do,
on tv. last year, i think the rangers were better than dodgers, but
this year it's about a push.

at least, ancient history tells us that the dodgers have played in the WS.
but, i think it's been about 18 years.

soonerjoker
7/10/2006, 07:41 AM
notice the rangers are still paying part of the salaries of arod, chan ho
& phil nevin.

mrowl
7/10/2006, 08:45 AM
notice the rangers are still paying part of the salaries of arod, chan ho
& phil nevin.

try again...

The Rangers sent money to San Diego to help offset the salary difference between the Nevin and Park. After that, they have not sent any more money, nor pay a salary.

Arod, yes. But, as a Rangers fan, that was a great move. He was horrible for this team.

Nevin, same deal as Park.

mrowl
7/10/2006, 08:48 AM
Moving CoCo to the 8th has turned out to be a good move once he got comfortable there. Now I just pray that Buck keeps him there. Otsuka has been money in the 9th.

The way the last 2 series have gone gives me some hope for the 2nd half, but the rest of the months schedule is going to be very difficult.

jk the sooner fan
7/10/2006, 12:06 PM
jk
you're rite about the dodgers, they all watch the series the same way we do,
on tv. last year, i think the rangers were better than dodgers, but
this year it's about a push.

at least, ancient history tells us that the dodgers have played in the WS.
but, i think it's been about 18 years.

i was born in long beach, the dodgers have ALWAYS been my favorite NL team....i follow them fairly closely

AllAboutThe'O'
7/11/2006, 01:23 AM
Moving CoCo to the 8th has turned out to be a good move once he got comfortable there. Now I just pray that Buck keeps him there. Otsuka has been money in the 9th.

The way the last 2 series have gone gives me some hope for the 2nd half, but the rest of the months schedule is going to be very difficult.
The three-city road trips are always a killer, but even returning home won't be a piece of cake, since the Yanks will come calling. Yeah, if we can at least break-even these next two weeks after the break, we just may be in this thing for the long haul.

mrowl
7/12/2006, 03:41 PM
FYI directv folks... FSN-HD Southwest has been added to the HD package. :D

It looks like there are about 3 rangers game a month on FSN-HD

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2006, 04:01 PM
FYI directv folks... FSN-HD Southwest has been added to the HD package. :D

It looks like there are about 3 rangers game a month on FSN-HD

Dear Comcast,

Get with the ****ing program.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

mrowl
7/13/2006, 04:10 PM
And now the 2nd half starts...

And just like every year when we are still in the race at this point. I am excited. damnit.

colleyvillesooner
7/13/2006, 05:18 PM
**** YEAH!

New Avatar. at least for a week. ;)

AllAboutThe'O'
7/13/2006, 08:21 PM
Nice way to start the second half.
Rangers rolling at Camden Yards, 9-1, and the Red Sox is beating the A's right now.
This weekend, we'll be like Grapevine, rooting for both the Rangers and the Sawx.

mrowl
7/13/2006, 08:24 PM
**** YEAH!!!! 11-1, 2 homeys for Tex!!!! :D :D

mrowl
7/13/2006, 08:40 PM
12 - 1 :D

mrowl
7/13/2006, 08:46 PM
3 HOMEYS FOR TEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

15 - 1 TEXAS!!!!!

AllAboutThe'O'
7/13/2006, 08:48 PM
I guess a little home cooking did Tex some good. He grew up near the Baltimore area.

colleyvillesooner
7/13/2006, 08:59 PM
I told my co-worker today that he would have monster 2nd half.

Funny that Tex has now hit 25% of his homeruns in one game.

GrapevineSooner
7/14/2006, 09:27 AM
But will he wind up having hit 50% of his home runs this year in one series?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/14/2006, 08:35 PM
I was worried coming into tonight that we scored too many runs last night and my fears were justified.
Fortunately, Millwood and the bullpen pitched a strong game and we beat Mr. Anna Benson, 2-1.:D

mrowl
7/14/2006, 08:35 PM
not as many runs tonight, but I will take the win, 2-1 against the orioles. Great pitching tonight.

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 07:22 AM
Mr Anna Benson pitched a pretty decent game himself.....thats a tough loss for any pitcher

colleyvillesooner
7/16/2006, 08:44 AM
Well, that sucked. At least the A's lost too.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/16/2006, 07:27 PM
Well, that sucked. At least the A's lost too.
Double suck today. We lose and the A's win, which means we're now a game out of first place.
And has anybody noticed the Angels charging fast in the rearview mirror? We're a half-game ahead of them now.

mrowl
7/17/2006, 08:39 AM
typical. get my hopes up with a big game, and then the power goes out.

mrowl
7/18/2006, 07:42 PM
and again... hitting seems to be an issue.

mrowl
7/18/2006, 07:43 PM
2 on, and hank grounds out. ugh.

mrowl
7/18/2006, 08:03 PM
and Wilkerson hits into a double play... awesome.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/18/2006, 08:22 PM
Just when you thought the Rangers' power would be turned off again today....

Big three-run eighth. Tex and Hank with back-to-back two out RBI hits, and unbelievably enough, Rangers have the lead. Right now, Hank's hit is the biggest hit of the season.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/18/2006, 08:29 PM
And the much-maligned Brad Wilkerson comes through in the clutch, hitting a two-run single to give us a 5-2 lead.
If this stands, we can look back on this eighth inning as perhaps the most pivotal inning of the season.

mrowl
7/18/2006, 08:47 PM
wow, what an inning, went from me cussing the hell out of them, to cheering. :D

mrowl
7/18/2006, 08:48 PM
OTSUKA!!!!!!

mrowl
7/18/2006, 08:53 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

4.15 era for Padilla now. rock. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
7/18/2006, 09:23 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

4.15 era for Padilla now. rock. :D
Who would've thought Padilla would be our winningest pitcher at this point? And Kevin Millwood, for the most part, has pitched well all year but Padilla has more wins.

mrowl
7/18/2006, 10:17 PM
Who would've thought Padilla would be our winningest pitcher at this point? And Kevin Millwood, for the most part, has pitched well all year but Padilla has more wins.

lets hope we can add Eaton to this next week.

mrowl
7/20/2006, 01:48 PM
3-2 Rangers, bottom of 2nd.

mrowl
7/20/2006, 03:01 PM
4-4 bottom of the 6th.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/20/2006, 07:29 PM
We lose, 6-4.
If we can avoid getting swept in Chicago this weekend, I'll consider it a decent road trip.

GDC
7/20/2006, 09:40 PM
effin strangers:mad:

GrapevineSooner
7/21/2006, 10:57 AM
The way the Chisox are going, I'd like to think we could win 2 out of 3 from them this weekend.

mrowl
7/21/2006, 11:05 PM
good win tonight by your texas rangers.

10-3 vs. chisox

jk the sooner fan
7/21/2006, 11:08 PM
very good win from one of the weirdest lineups i've seen all year

mrowl
7/22/2006, 09:04 AM
very good win from one of the weirdest lineups i've seen all year

I was thinking that also.

Good thing Mench is hitting again, maybe his trade value is shooting up.

jk the sooner fan
7/22/2006, 09:10 AM
I was thinking that also.

Good thing Mench is hitting again, maybe his trade value is shooting up.

that or he wants to keep from being traded!

mrowl
7/22/2006, 09:33 PM
3-1 Rangers!

Michael Young wins the game on a 8th inning right field hit with 2 on.

the chances for a sweep are pretty good with Padilla pitching Sunday. Rock.

Paperclip
7/22/2006, 10:37 PM
Thank you Rangers!

mrowl
7/23/2006, 03:15 PM
why am I not phased when Hank strikes out?

mrowl
7/23/2006, 03:17 PM
rangers loss...

Still, a successful road trip.

Here is a newsflash, ozzie guillen is an *******, and may drive his team out of the playoffs.

Scott D
7/23/2006, 03:44 PM
rangers loss...

Still, a successful road trip.

Here is a newsflash, ozzie guillen is an *******, and may drive his team out of the playoffs.

conversely I think Padilla is an *******.

GrapevineSooner
7/23/2006, 04:01 PM
You'll get no argument from me.

And I wish Ozzie was our *******.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/23/2006, 05:42 PM
Bad news after a solid road swing: We're a half-game out of first place in the division.

Good news: There might be no greater feeling in the world than vaulting into first place after we take care of **** ********* and the Yankees.

p.s. The former Rangers shortstop and current Yankee defensive dynamo will forever get the Schnellyburger treatment from me.

colleyvillesooner
7/23/2006, 06:23 PM
Bad news after a solid road swing: We're a half-game out of first place in the division.

Good news: There might be no greater feeling in the world than vaulting into first place after we take care of **** ********* and the Yankees.

p.s. The former Rangers shortstop and current Yankee defensive dynamo will forever get the Schnellyburger treatment from me.

You'll like my new Avatar then. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
7/23/2006, 09:01 PM
You'll like my new Avatar then. :D
Spek is comin' your way.

colleyvillesooner
7/24/2006, 03:04 PM
3 hours till game time.

http://img9.exs.cx/img9/4963/47b4ce00b3127ccea943c83409560000001610.jpg

GrapevineSooner
7/24/2006, 04:43 PM
AAAAA-Fraud
AAAAA-Fraud

;)

mrowl
7/24/2006, 05:15 PM
some good Rangers talk on the ticket right now, Rusty Greer is co-hosting the hardline.