PDA

View Full Version : From the P.O.V.of a KS supporter(for what its worth)

stoopified
3/29/2006, 02:56 PM
I am sad to see KS go because with the incoming class I fhink we had a chance to build on what Kelvin has done to this point.The biggest knock on him was recruiting and this looks ( on paper at least) to be his best.Having said that I must also say no way could KS turn down IU.That would be like the IU football coach turning down a chance to coach at OU.

My biggest complaint with Sampson taking the IU job is that he does it after getting us in NCAA hot water.I think if you make the mess and your school is willing to retain you then as a coach you owe that loyalty to the school in kind.

IF the NCAA is fair ( and we know they are not ) OUr self-imposed penalties should suffice and any further penalties should go against Sampson not OU.This is unlikely to happen since he is at IU however.

To me the biggest suprise of all is IU hiring KS in the first place.They do have a Knight disciple in Alford who most thought would be the logical choice to replace Davis.Davis felt pressured because he was not a member of the family and neither is Sampson so I can't help wondering WTF. Add to that that KS put us in the NCAA crosshairs it does make one go HMMM.Whatever the thinking that is a Hoosier problem not a Sooner one.Good luck and goodnight Kelvin.

This could turn out well for both OU and Sampson in the long run. I would however say while I am skeptical that we can get anyone to come in here and take us beyond the Tubbs-Sampson line of sucess I am hopeful.I just have the feeling that a coach who has big sucess ( multiple Sweet 16,Elite Eight,Final Four appearenses in a 4-5 year period would be lured to the IU,UK,UNC,UCLA circle and we would again start over.The last 25 years have been the best in OUr history and I fear a return to true mediocrity(Mccleod,Ramsey,Bliss,et al.)

Now all we as Sooner fans can do is trust Joe C. to make the right hire as he has done before.In a lot of ways this reminds me of how I felt when Tubbs left and I did not know where the b-ball program was headed.I feel better about it now for two reasons, 1)we have had sustained sucess for 25 years and 2) we have Joe C. as our AD.I am nervous but excited as I await our new coach being named .BOOMER SOONER baby.

sooneron
3/29/2006, 03:59 PM
I am sad to see KS go because with the incoming class I fhink we had a chance to build on what Kelvin has done to this point.The biggest knock on him was recruiting and this looks ( on paper at least) to be his best.Having said that I must also say no way could KS turn down IU.That would be like the IU football coach turning down a chance to coach at OU.

My biggest complaint with Sampson taking the IU job is that he does it after getting us in NCAA hot water.I think if you make the mess and your school is willing to retain you then as a coach you owe that loyalty to the school in kind.

IF the NCAA is fair ( and we know they are not ) OUr self-imposed penalties should suffice and any further penalties should go against Sampson not OU.This is unlikely to happen since he is at IU however.

To me the biggest suprise of all is IU hiring KS in the first place.They do have a Knight disciple in Alford who most thought would be the logical choice to replace Davis.Davis felt pressured because he was not a member of the family and neither is Sampson so I can't help wondering WTF. Add to that that KS put us in the NCAA crosshairs it does make one go HMMM.Whatever the thinking that is a Hoosier problem not a Sooner one.Good luck and goodnight Kelvin.

This could turn out well for both OU and Sampson in the long run. I would however say while I am skeptical that we can get anyone to come in here and take us beyond the Tubbs-Sampson line of sucess I am hopeful.I just have the feeling that a coach who has big sucess ( multiple Sweet 16,Elite Eight,Final Four appearenses in a 4-5 year period would be lured to the IU,UK,UNC,UCLA circle and we would again start over.The last 25 years have been the best in OUr history and I fear a return to true mediocrity(Mccleod,Ramsey,Bliss,et al.)

Now all we as Sooner fans can do is trust Joe C. to make the right hire as he has done before.In a lot of ways this reminds me of how I felt when Tubbs left and I did not know where the b-ball program was headed.I feel better about it now for two reasons, 1)we have had sustained sucess for 25 years and 2) we have Joe C. as our AD.I am nervous but excited as I await our new coach being named .BOOMER SOONER baby.
Everyone needs to face it. KS saw the writing on the wall and Joe C and Boren were holding sharpies.