PDA

View Full Version : What about Terry Evans?

Gdog
3/29/2006, 02:47 PM
Still too raw?

http://www.bronchosports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=35255&SPID=2771&DB_OEM_ID=7300&ATCLID=225083&Q_SEASON=2005

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/29/2006, 02:49 PM
i think his .589 winning percentage is going to be the nail in that coffin. dude can recruit though...

oumartin
3/29/2006, 02:51 PM
he needs some more seasoning.. continue to learn the profession and I bet he's a good one down the road.

stoopified
3/29/2006, 03:17 PM
I thought Kelvin brought to OU to give him a shot at his first availible coaching opening and that Terry would have an impact on our O.My eventual hope was that when we needed to replace Kelvin Terry would be the man.Much like Cochell-Galloway( at least the way it finally happened).

Rhino
3/29/2006, 03:26 PM
What about Josh Heupel?!?!?!??

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/29/2006, 03:46 PM
If you take away Evans' OU ties I don't see how he would even be one of the top 20 candidates. That would remind me way to much of hiring John Blake. If we are going to go that angle we probably might as well wait until Milwaukee is out of the NBA playoffs and then throw a bunch of money at Stotts.

1stTimeCaller
3/29/2006, 03:48 PM
Terry Evans shouldn't even be last on our list. He will have a hard time finding a lot of D1 jobs after running his mouth when he left OU. He burned some pretty big bridges when he left here. He's also a POS.

MikeInNorman
3/29/2006, 03:55 PM
No.

oumartin
3/29/2006, 04:00 PM
1TC do you base these comments you made about galloway and evans on substance? you seem to have a dislike of them two. I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about cuz you very may.
I'm just curious what terry evans did. I have no clue.

RacerX
3/29/2006, 04:03 PM
Why the hell would he want to leave UCO?

Pffffft!

1stTimeCaller
3/29/2006, 04:04 PM
1TC do you base these comments you made about galloway and evans on substance? you seem to have a dislike of them two. I'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about cuz you very may.
I'm just curious what terry evans did. I have no clue.

I played for Terry Evans.

BarryBnds
3/29/2006, 04:25 PM
Terry Evans shouldn't even be last on our list. He will have a hard time finding a lot of D1 jobs after running his mouth when he left OU. He burned some pretty big bridges when he left here. He's also a POS.

I've met the guy out and about several times and seems like nothing but a class guy. Plus he made my hometown a dominant force in high school basketball. I think calling a guy a POS without backing up with some sort of details is weak.

chriscappel
3/29/2006, 04:28 PM
What about Josh Heupel?!?!?!??

i guess he can do it all eh?

1stTimeCaller
3/29/2006, 04:33 PM
I've met the guy out and about several times and seems like nothing but a class guy. Plus he made my hometown a dominant force in high school basketball. I think calling a guy a POS without backing up with some sort of details is weak.

I played for him. I'd say that that fact alone gives me a better understanding of him as a coach than you meeting him 'out and about' several times.

He would throw temper tantrums at least once a week during practice and kick us out of the gym. He was always trying to start racial problems with the team with stupid crap that he would say. Two players get brought back to the hotel by the police when we were at a tournament. their punishment? They had to sit on the bench for 5 minutes the next game.

Anyhoo, it's moot point. He burned a lot of bridges when he left OU. So much so that OSU won't look at him either. Ever.

Taxman71
3/29/2006, 06:08 PM
I can think of 2 MWC players that got brought in by the police, but it wasn't a school tourney.

BarryBnds
3/29/2006, 11:27 PM
I played for him. I'd say that that fact alone gives me a better understanding of him as a coach than you meeting him 'out and about' several times.

He would throw temper tantrums at least once a week during practice and kick us out of the gym. He was always trying to start racial problems with the team with stupid crap that he would say. Two players get brought back to the hotel by the police when we were at a tournament. their punishment? They had to sit on the bench for 5 minutes the next game.

Anyhoo, it's moot point. He burned a lot of bridges when he left OU. So much so that OSU won't look at him either. Ever.

I'm guessing you didn't get to play much and you are white. And just a word of advice for you: ALL coaches have temper tantrums and throw people out of practice.

1stTimeCaller
3/30/2006, 08:42 AM
I'm guessing you didn't get to play much and you are white. And just a word of advice for you: ALL coaches have temper tantrums and throw people out of practice.

I am white. That's all that you got correct in your statement. I was white when the coach he replaced was there and that coach was and still is a black guy. He never tried to cause racial tension between the players. There were never any problems between us players when we were on the football team or with the previous basketball coach like there were on the bball team with Terry. I played quite a bit. If I didn't start I was the first person off of the bench.

All coaches throw temper tantrums daily at practice and end practice early at least once a week? Who knew?
He's the only coach that I ever had that did that.

A bit of advice for you: When you don't know what you're talking about, you should just be quiet.

NickZeppelin
3/30/2006, 08:44 AM
What about no?

If we are going for a home run I don't think Terry Evans is even a single. We need to try and get a Calipari, Crean, or Smith.

BarryBnds
3/30/2006, 10:13 AM
I am white. That's all that you got correct in your statement. I was white when the coach he replaced was there and that coach was and still is a black guy. He never tried to cause racial tension between the players. There were never any problems between us players when we were on the football team or with the previous basketball coach like there were on the bball team with Terry. I played quite a bit. If I didn't start I was the first person off of the bench.

All coaches throw temper tantrums daily at practice and end practice early at least once a week? Who knew?
He's the only coach that I ever had that did that.

A bit of advice for you: When you don't know what you're talking about, you should just be quiet.

Yeah he was such a terrible coach that he built a monster out of Midwest City. :rolleyes:

If you didn't realize that all coaches throw tantrums then I'd suggest you are the one that should just be quiet. You are very naive. I've heard Calvin had some monumental breakdowns.

Honestly, I'm not saying Evans should be the next coach, but you sound REALLY bitter because of personal circumstance. It takes away from your credibility. The guy was a serious winner. You can't take that away from him regardless of the method to his madness.

1stTimeCaller
3/30/2006, 10:22 AM
whatever man. Maybe your definition of tantrum and mine are different. He acted like a 5 year old kid that just had his favorite toy taken away. I saw them, I didn't 'hear' about them.

Any other ignorant accusations about me you'd like to make?

I'd say that Sheldon Williams and that other kid made MWC a powerhouse. I've seen first hand Terry's coaching style and abilities. You have seen him 'out and about'.

Thanks for playing but you are grasping straws here man. All you know about TE is what you read in the paper and when you see him 'out and about'. I've seen him first hand.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/30/2006, 10:31 AM
Jerry Faust helped make his high school team a powerhouse too but it didn't work out so well at Notre Dame. I've never met Terry Evans and I don't know 1st Time Caller but if he is on the level I wouldn't want Evans coaching at OU. Regardless I don't think his resume says that he is ready to take over a program with the longest postseason streak in DI college basketball. I can think over a bunch of people I'd rather have and some of them would be shaky hires.

bluedogok
3/30/2006, 09:25 PM
Evans = Blake :eek:

Not ready for prime time......

Collier11
3/31/2006, 12:47 AM
Im pretty sure that Coach K, roy william, calhoun, kelvin, and every other coach EVER throw players out of practice and throw hissy fits! Where have you been

GottaHavePride
3/31/2006, 12:56 AM
I don't think 1tc meant throwing A player out of practice. I think he meant throwing a fit and throwing the ENTIRE TEAM out of practice. Which is pretty drastic, and probably not a good coaching method.

Collier11
3/31/2006, 02:50 AM
actually you may think im just stirring the pot, but ive honestly heard of coaches doing that, and good coaches. Not that its common, but that doesnt make you a bad coach

1stTimeCaller
3/31/2006, 08:55 AM
actually you may think im just stirring the pot, but ive honestly heard of coaches doing that, and good coaches. Not that its common, but that doesnt make you a bad coach

Once a week every week? Kicking balls and screaming get the fock out of my gym!!!
You are just stirring the pot.

As I said earlier, it's a moot point. When he left OU he said some things to people that he shouldn't have and burned bridges that he shouldn't.

Collier11
3/31/2006, 11:13 AM
see, you didnt give details

1stTimeCaller
3/31/2006, 11:33 AM
see, you didnt give details
see post 14. Thanks for playing ;)

suncoastsooner7
3/31/2006, 02:56 PM
Sounds like first time is just bitter with Terry over personal reasons to me. My father knows Terry and I have met on a number of occasions because of it and he has never been anything but class on those occasions.

1stTimeCaller
3/31/2006, 04:11 PM
<sigh>