PDA

View Full Version : See ya in February 2012, Mr. Abramoff

Rhino
3/29/2006, 01:37 PM
And by "see ya", I mean "won't see ya".

From CNN Breaking News:
Judge sentences former lobbyist Jack Abramoff to five years and 10 months in prison in his Florida fraud case, news agencies report.

mdklatt
3/29/2006, 02:12 PM
But this is white-collar resort prison, not Federal pound-me-in-the-*** prison, right? And he'll probably get paroled long before his sentence is up.

picasso
3/29/2006, 02:20 PM
too bad Clinton ain't around to pardon him.

OklahomaTuba
3/29/2006, 02:29 PM
too bad Clinton ain't around to pardon him.
Well, that would require Abramoff leaving the US and helping to finance terrorism AND Clinton's trailer in the sky library to get that treatment.

JohnnyMack
3/29/2006, 02:29 PM
But this is white-collar resort prison, not Federal pound-me-in-the-*** prison, right? And he'll probably get paroled long before his sentence is up.

It's a Federal lock-up, so not much of a chance of parole. D00d still has to go up to DC and answer a lot more questions. Won't be home for Crimmus for a long, long time.

yermom
3/29/2006, 02:32 PM
does he get conjugal visits?

Rhino
3/29/2006, 02:32 PM
Won't be home for Crimmus for a long, long time. STOP TRYING TO TAKE CHRIST OUT OF CHRISTMAS!!!!!!1111

BoomerJack
3/29/2006, 02:41 PM
"STOP TRYING TO TAKE CHRIST OUT OF CHRISTMAS!!!!!!1111"

I thought we were observing a cease fire in that conflict at least until Labor Day at the earliest?

Don't worry about Smilin' Jack. G Dub will pardon him before inaugauration day, 2009

jk the sooner fan
3/29/2006, 02:43 PM
even without the prison sentence, would you have really seen him?

VeeJay
3/29/2006, 02:50 PM
why do you hate lobbyists?

Rhino
3/29/2006, 03:13 PM
even without the prison sentence, would you have really seen him?
And by "see ya", I mean "won't see ya". Pay no attention to that words at the top of the thread.
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/1083/wizardbehindcurtain1it.jpg

soonerscuba
3/29/2006, 03:21 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA, did somebody just seriously try to make a partisan issue of presidential pardons, wow, just wow. That is like saying the Democrats take more special interest money than Republicans... utterly, for lack of a better word, stupid.

Fugue
3/29/2006, 03:22 PM
BWAHAHAHAHA, did somebody just seriously try to make a partisan issue of presidential pardons, wow, just wow. That is like saying the Democrats take more special interest money than Republicans... utterly, for lack of a better word, stupid.

yes, someone JUST did. :D

GDC
3/29/2006, 03:27 PM
pos scumbag

picasso
3/29/2006, 03:43 PM
who the hell mentioned dems or republicans? I said it because Bubba gave an unprecedented amount of pardons before he left office. and I would have said it regardless of his party affiliation.

soonerscuba
3/29/2006, 05:33 PM
who the hell mentioned dems or republicans? I said it because Bubba gave an unprecedented amount of pardons before he left office. and I would have said it regardless of his party affiliation.

Sorry, but you've been fooled. I'm not Clinton apologist, but he had a similar number than most other presidents. Bush I pardoned terrorists too, and those involved in the Iran-Contra scandal. Clinton just did all of his at once at the end, not politically smart, but not that much different than those before him.

soonerscuba
3/29/2006, 05:35 PM
Oh, BTW http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/pardonspres1.htm

1stTimeCaller
3/29/2006, 05:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that there aren't any country club type prisons out there. Are there?

mdklatt
3/29/2006, 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that there aren't any country club type prisons out there. Are there?

Here's where Martha Stewart went:

http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/ald/index.jsp

The Town of Alderson is located in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains in West Virginia, on both sides of the Greenbrier River.

Sounds lovely. The prison itself looks a lot nicer than where I live, and I've never done anything but get pulled over for speeding.

Abramoff will probably end up at a similar place. Once Tom DeLay and Kenneth Lay join him maybe they can set up an intramural croquet league.

Minimum security institutions, also known as Federal Prison Camps (FPCs), have dormitory housing, a relatively low staff-to-inmate ratio, and limited or no perimeter fencing. These institutions are work- and program-oriented; and many are located adjacent to larger institutions or on military bases, where inmates help serve the labor needs of the larger institution or base.

yermom
3/29/2006, 05:59 PM
hey mdk, you down for some white collar crime?

we just need to hide all the money somewhere for when we get out ;)

mdklatt
3/29/2006, 06:02 PM
hey mdk, you down for some white collar crime?

You know how when banks calculate interest transactions and the fractions of a penny get rounded off?

Okla-homey
3/29/2006, 06:18 PM
wouldn't it be cool if they made him cellmates with "Duke" Cunningham?

yermom
3/29/2006, 06:21 PM
You know how when banks calculate interest transactions and the fractions of a penny get rounded off?

like in Superman 3?

mdklatt
3/29/2006, 06:24 PM
like in Superman 3?

Yeah. I'd like to give something like that a try, but I always mess up some mundane detail.

slickdawg
3/29/2006, 07:20 PM
He'll be pardoned by Bush. I won't be shocked if Bernie Ebbers and some
others get a free pass in 2008.

GDC
3/29/2006, 08:08 PM
greedy dirtbag (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9519825/meet_mr_republican_jack_abramoff)

Zbird
3/29/2006, 09:04 PM
And by "see ya", I mean "won't see ya".

From CNN Breaking News:
Judge sentences former lobbyist Jack Abramoff to five years and 10 months in prison in his Florida fraud case, news agencies report.

Five years Jack! When you're hot you're hot! And this is just the tip of the iceberg.:D

Zbird
3/29/2006, 09:10 PM
He'll be pardoned by Bush. I won't be shocked if Bernie Ebbers and some
others get a free pass in 2008.

Don't forget Kenny -Boy

bri
3/29/2006, 09:18 PM
like in Superman 3?

Underrated movie, really...

OklahomaTuba
3/29/2006, 09:26 PM
This will really hurt Harry Ried's fundraising efforts.