PDA

View Full Version : Another bottle of SoJu tonight...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 08:53 AM
Along with Korean Beef BBQ and Hite beer....

Best meal since here...That's not saying much...:texan:

Sooner in Tampa
3/29/2006, 08:56 AM
Are you doing the 10 stages of SoJu?

AAAAAAHHHHHHH the good ole days.

afs
3/29/2006, 08:56 AM
Hite = good stuff

SoJu = not so much

Okla-homey
3/29/2006, 08:58 AM
what? no dog-on-a-stick? The best BTW is sold by Kim's just outside the main gate at Kunsan AB.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 09:00 AM
Interesting...

Here in Ulsan, the SoJu is not so bad, on the sweet side. Lots of toasting and slamming.

The SoJu in Okpo of nasty...Bitter. Sold in wide-mouths in the convenience stores. The Koreans at DSME would buy several bottles and slam them outside of the store. I saw several Koreans catatonic outside of the store and then fall over drunk and not move a muscle. Haven't seen drunks here in Ulsan at Hyundai...

What are the 10 stages of SoJu?

Most of theguys I work with have duty free scotch that they bought on the way over...I need to remember that on my next trip...

afs
3/29/2006, 09:01 AM
travel down to Songton Shopping Mall outside Osan and get a Ms. Kim burger (http://blog.milgwimper.com/?p=22).

Where in the ROK are you permanetly staying?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 09:03 AM
what? no dog-on-a-stick? The best BTW is sold by Kim's just outside the main gate at Kunsan AB.

By hot-dog-on-a-stick do you mean ground up fish heads and bones fried so it looks like a corn dog? No thanks...

afs
3/29/2006, 09:04 AM
Dog/Chicken/Rat-on-a-stick:

http://korealife.blogspot.com/chicken/chicken1.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 09:06 AM
travel down to Songton Shopping Mall outside Osan and get a Ms. Kim burger.

Where in the ROK are you permanetly staying?

I've been on a threee week tour of Opko (Geoje Island) at the DSME shipyard and 2 weeks in Ulsan at the Hyundai shipyard. All within the Pusan/Busan area. Heading home on Saturday. This is TDY (in gubment lingo) for me...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 09:08 AM
Okay, no offense to Asians...but they have to be the living garbage disposal on Earth for what they eat...

Howzit
3/29/2006, 10:13 AM
See any squid kiosks? When I was in Seoul I saw a number of these little one-person kiosks where all they sold was dried squid. Like, the whole thing. And they would get really irate if you tried to take their picture.

And I also remember that when a Korean got within 10 feet of me, I was thinking, "Two words for ya. Lis. Terine."

3/29/2006, 10:26 AM
My dad landed in Pusan during the "other war." I would bet that dining establishments were a tad less abundant. He did enjoy the rice, eggs and onions, though.

Okla-homey
3/29/2006, 11:01 AM
By hot-dog-on-a-stick do you mean ground up fish heads and bones fried so it looks like a corn dog? No thanks...

No, dog...as in canine. See photo above.

OklahomaTuba
3/29/2006, 12:21 PM
Don't let anyone "wok" your dog over there.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 07:18 PM
Okay, last night's SoJu toasting and Hite beer drinking, plus 3 weeks of 75 hours weeks has taken its toll. I don't feel too bad this morning and am a bit sluggish. Haven't had dog yet, but interestingly, the only dogs I see are the small apartment type dogs...

Coming home Saturday...Can't wait for those Continental Ice Cream Sundae's after the meal...My favorite part of the meal service. That, couple of vodka tonics and 2 tylenol PMs should fix me right up...