Herb Sendek

So, rule all those names out :texan:

RacerX
3/29/2006, 07:51 AM
Tubby Smith? Not now.

Rick Majerus....NO.

SoonerShark
3/29/2006, 08:07 AM
or none of the above. Norman High's coach is first in line.

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 08:10 AM
here's the rest of their list

Long Shots
Bill Self
Mike Davis
John Beilein

Just Kidding
Eddie Sutton
Billy Tubbs
Norm Stewart

Eielson
3/29/2006, 08:11 AM
What about Gillespie?

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 08:16 AM
What about Gillespie?

please refer to post 1 of this thread fellah.

Eielson
3/29/2006, 08:22 AM
sorry, didn't see it.:O

Octavian
3/29/2006, 08:24 AM
Calipari could win an NC at OU

oumartin
3/29/2006, 08:38 AM
he turned down Indiana supposedly so I don't think Calipari will come here.

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 08:44 AM
Word on the street out here is Majerus is a done deal to ASU.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/29/2006, 09:16 AM
I once said that I didn't want Turgeon because of his KU connections but he was an assistant in 88 and not a player so that is less of a problem. If you look at his record the last 4-5 years at WSU he looks like a good hire.

I wouldn't be suprised if he is the next coach.

GottaHavePride
3/29/2006, 09:22 AM
I'd be ok with that, so long as he doesn't pull a Gene Stephenson.

OKC-SLC
3/29/2006, 09:22 AM
I've said before and I'll say it again--Majerus would be a bad decision.

Octavian
3/29/2006, 09:24 AM
I've said before and I'll say it again--Majerus would be a bad decision.

agreed

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 09:29 AM
I respectfully disagree. Majerus is an outstanding coach.

RacerX
3/29/2006, 09:33 AM
And a flake and a tub of goo with health problems.

royalfan5
3/29/2006, 09:35 AM
I don't think Romar would leave Washington. It's his alma mater, he is in a big recruiting area, has a recently renovated arena, and basketball is king at UW right now. He has got it pretty good, and I don't think he would want to leave there. I think that UW is his dream job.

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 09:37 AM
And a flake and a tub of goo with health problems.

Nobody's perfect.

OUmillenium
3/29/2006, 09:48 AM
Terry Evans

RacerX
3/29/2006, 10:03 AM
Nobody's perfect.

:D

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 10:36 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking Crean as a candidate.

When recruiting, all he has to say is "I coached and was instrumental in the development of D Wade."

Crimsontothecore
3/29/2006, 11:30 AM
[B]Possibilities

Mark Gottfried

NO,NO,NO..Not him!

RacerX
3/29/2006, 12:12 PM
The call in show would be awesome.

stoopified
3/29/2006, 01:53 PM
he turned down Indiana supposedly so I don't think Calipari will come here.Same with Few.I see Montgomery as a possibility and Turgeon.Montgomery did a great job at Stanford and is supposedly lokking to come back to college ball.Turgeon has done a good job at Wussy state and could be looking to move up.If these two are the top choices I'd take Montgomery.

AS for Tubby leaving UK for OU ?HAHAHAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Same can be said for any star coach at a basketball school.We either get an up and coming young coach at a smaller name school(Turgeon),a coach looking for a change(Montgomery) or an unproven assistant.My money is on a up and comer prospect as were our last three coaches(Bliss,Tubbs,Sampson).For some reason my gut says shie away from Turgeon( maybe it is the ex-Bluechicken factor).

Personally my two favorites would be Montgomery and Tim Floyd of USC(formerly ISU).Neither are young up and comers but rather coaches possibly looking for a change.As stated above I don't think OU will go that route but I would in Joe C's place.

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 02:18 PM
There was some talk about Montgomery out here for the Arizona State job that faded rather quickly. From what I heard, he thinks he can get another NBA job and/or he would want way too much money for a college job. Of course OU is a better job than ASU, so maybe that would factor in somewhere.

oumartin
3/29/2006, 02:20 PM
Tim floyd.. kinda nice..

husker-stv
3/29/2006, 02:32 PM
This from the Omaha World Herald on Dana Altman and the OU job....
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2141591

it requires registration, but here's the key part of the article....

I do know this: Creighton fans should be wary of Oklahoma. It's scary. There are several reasons this one fits.

For one, there is the Bob Stoops factor. Altman and the Sooner football coach became tight when they were at K-State. Stoops is one of Altman's closest friends. A few years ago, Stoops left a big OU booster party in Dallas to fly to Omaha for the day to speak at Altman's Jaybacker Bash golf outing. When CU upset Florida in the NCAA tourney in 2002 in Chicago, Stoops happened to be in the crowd. Afterward, Altman and Stoops celebrated up and down Rush Street in Stoops' limo.

I don't know if Stoops can hire a basketball coach. But he can make a strong push.

Then there is the athletic director, Joe Castiglione, who will make the hire. Would Castiglione want a sexier hire, a bigger name? That isn't necessarily his style. Castiglione and Altman have a lot in common. They're stand-up guys, all about integrity, doing it the right way. If Altman needs a stable athletic director who is good to work for, Joe C. fits that bill.

Finally, there is the situation. Speaking of integrity, Castiglione needs a clean-cut coach. Kelvin Sampson leaves the house in NCAA trouble. Besides being a great coach, Altman brings the integrity part of the equation. That could be huge.

Oklahoma is an athletic machine on a national scale, with money and more money. The basketball program has a big-time résumé without the big-time expectations. Sooner fans don't fill the building. They love to win at basketball. But they would rather talk football.

Would that be a plus or minus for Altman?

Is he what Oklahoma has in mind?

Wouldn't he rather come back and coach what looks like his best team next season?

I haven't talked to him about this one yet, but I can tell you what he'll say.

Never say never.

JohnnyMack
3/29/2006, 02:33 PM
Joe C. has done better hiring up and comers (Stoops, Coale) than with old and experienced (Stephenson).

oumartin
3/29/2006, 02:53 PM
purdy sure Coale was a duncan hire..

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 02:58 PM
purdy sure Coale was a duncan hire..

Yeah, Joe C. has been here for 7 years, Sherri for 10.

MojoRisen
3/29/2006, 02:59 PM
I once said that I didn't want Turgeon because of his KU connections but he was an assistant in 88 and not a player so that is less of a problem. If you look at his record the last 4-5 years at WSU he looks like a good hire.

I wouldn't be suprised if he is the next coach.

There are some real good options- I would agree on Turgeon, you can just imagine the knowledge he was able to get under two national Championship coaches and he has a solid track record in the Shockers.

I would hire him in a heartbeat.

I would offer Calipari as well-

What about Tim Floyd out at USC- isn't that a major project?

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 03:01 PM
Majerus and ASU have reached a tentative agreement.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/29/2006, 03:07 PM

Majerus is to be paid in shrimp....

stoopified
3/29/2006, 03:10 PM
There are some real good options- I would agree on Turgeon, you can just imagine the knowledge he was able to get under two national Championship coaches and he has a solid track record in the Shockers.

I would hire him in a heartbeat.

I would offer Calipari as well-

What about Tim Floyd out at USC- isn't that a major project?That is one reason why I mention Floyd because winning in b-ball at USC is tough to do .I think even though OU is also a football school at least we do have 25 years of excellence to build on.Plus I love his up-tempo style which fits our newcomers and returnees to a t.We will be fast and athletic with no large bodies to slow us down(no offense to Book).

OUstud
3/29/2006, 04:53 PM
Turgeon is kind of a slow paced guy too right?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/29/2006, 06:00 PM
Turgeon is kind of a slow paced guy too right?

Yes, but doesn't matter to me if we win. Especially if we win more in the tourney.

JohnnyMack
3/29/2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah, Joe C. has been here for 7 years, Sherri for 10.

:mad: shoulda taken my shoes off. couldn't count that high.

skycat
3/29/2006, 06:18 PM

Majerus is out of the running for the ASU job.

"Health concerns"

Shocking.

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 09:37 PM

"Health concerns"

Shocking.

Yeah, all morning on the radio out here they were saying it was a done deal. Then this afternoon driving home they said it wasn't going to happen. :confused:

Oh well, he ain't coming to Norman either.

Sooner_Bob
3/29/2006, 09:59 PM

"Health concerns"

Shocking.

It would probably would be the shock of seein' all of those hotties walkin' around campus down in Tempe.

Cam
3/29/2006, 10:16 PM
Turgeon would be an interesting hire. He's increased his win total each of his years at Hillside High. He's also brought back a little of the shocker pride that Wichita had back in the Carr/X-Man days. On the flip side, he'd bolt in a heatbeat if the KU job ever opened up.

Majerus would be a joke hire for anybody. Dude's bound to have a massive coronary at any moment.

Self is another interesting name. Even with his success at KU, there are those that want him gone cause of his tourney games. The "fan support" that others have mentioned might actually be welcomed in his mind. He'd have the chance to build on what we've got with not nearly as much pressure as what he's got on his shoulders now.

Tubby Smith's another interesting name. See comments on Self for comments on Smith. Plus, he likes it here. That's always a bonus. All in all, just don't see it happening.

Altman. Not sure on this one. Can he bring in the type of players that he'd need to be successful in the Big 12? That's the big question with him. It's not X's and O's, he's proven that he's got that.

Montgomery: Bad move IMO. No concrete reason, just a gut feel.

Gottfried: Please God, no.

Sendek: This would be an interesting hire. He's done pretty well considering he's at either the number 3 or 4 school in his state and playing in historically the best basketball conference in the country.

Al Skinner (Boston College): Heard this name on the radio. He's averaged a 24-9 record over the last 6 years. He recruits nationally, so he's got connections all over.

Romar: Would be a great pick-up. Too bad he ain't leaving UW any time soon.

RacerX
3/29/2006, 10:37 PM
Majerus is to be paid in shrimp....

and nutter butters

Sooner Among The Pack
3/29/2006, 11:21 PM
Sendek: This would be an interesting hire. He's done pretty well considering he's at either the number 3 or 4 school in his state and playing in historically the best basketball conference in the country.

Oh please god don't let Sooner Nation fall into this trap. Herb Sendek would bet he WORST COACHING HIRE THAT COULD POSSIBLY OCCUR.

His "Princeton" style offense and enthusiasm for the program has gotten us all the way to "middle-of-the-road" or less in the ACC. During NC State's four game losing streak heading into the NCAA tournament, Herb was aruging with booing fans leaving the ACC Tournament in Greensboro after another schlacking at the hands of the Mighty last-place Deamon Deacons of Wake Forest.

Don't believe me? Check out the replies at the NC State fan message board...

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.php/archives/2006/03/29/the-oklahoman-mention-herb-sendek-as-possible-coaching-candidate/

I especially like this one:

"ThomYorkepack Says: March 29th, 2006 at 8:10 pm
I’ll take any grain of hope that someone can give. OU needs Herb, Herb needs OU, and most importantly, we need OU to need Herb to need OU."

Please god no. :(

royalfan5
3/30/2006, 01:04 AM
That is one reason why I mention Floyd because winning in b-ball at USC is tough to do .I think even though OU is also a football school at least we do have 25 years of excellence to build on.Plus I love his up-tempo style which fits our newcomers and returnees to a t.We will be fast and athletic with no large bodies to slow us down(no offense to Book).
Floyd gets a brand new on-campus arena next year, I think that will go a long way to boost USC's forutunes. Plus he is in great recruiting territory. I think it would be a very tough sell to get Floyd to OU.

King Crimson
3/30/2006, 01:07 AM
no failure NBA back to college retreads like Floyd or Mike Montgomery.

Vegas Sooner
3/30/2006, 02:07 PM
AL Skinner. Tubby...yes! Big names please..NO MVC!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/30/2006, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=Vegas Sooner]AL Skinner. Tubby...yes! Big names please..NO MVC![/QUOTE

Pieter van den Hoogenband

Pro: He has a big name

Con: He is a Dutch swimmer and probably won't be a strong recruiter

Harry Beanbag
3/30/2006, 02:36 PM
Word on Rivals is Turgeon is the top choice right now.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/30/2006, 02:59 PM
His coaching record for those interested

HEAD COACHING RECORD

Wichita State University

2005-06 26-9 (.743)
2004-05 22-10 (.687)
2003-04 22-11 (.667)
2002-03 18-12 (.600)
2001-02 15-15 (.500)
2000-01 9-19 (.321)

Jacksonville State University
1999-2000 17-11 (.607)
1998-99 8-18 (.308)

Pretty good track record of improving teams.

Cam
3/30/2006, 04:46 PM
Didn't know about any of that.

There are pluses and minuses to all of them.

Oh please god don't let Sooner Nation fall into this trap. Herb Sendek would bet he WORST COACHING HIRE THAT COULD POSSIBLY OCCUR.

His "Princeton" style offense and enthusiasm for the program has gotten us all the way to "middle-of-the-road" or less in the ACC. During NC State's four game losing streak heading into the NCAA tournament, Herb was aruging with booing fans leaving the ACC Tournament in Greensboro after another schlacking at the hands of the Mighty last-place Deamon Deacons of Wake Forest.

Don't believe me? Check out the replies at the NC State fan message board...

http://www.statefansnation.com/index.php/archives/2006/03/29/the-oklahoman-mention-herb-sendek-as-possible-coaching-candidate/

I especially like this one:

"ThomYorkepack Says: March 29th, 2006 at 8:10 pm
I’ll take any grain of hope that someone can give. OU needs Herb, Herb needs OU, and most importantly, we need OU to need Herb to need OU."

Please god no. :(

OUstud
3/30/2006, 04:53 PM
No Sendek. Remember that thread before their game with Cal posted on here, with that "Proceed to Texas board" and all that?

Sooner_Bob
3/30/2006, 04:58 PM
So what's Tommy Tubbs doin' these days?

Or Bo Overton? nevermind (http://umkckangaroos.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/overton_bo00.html)

BarryBnds
3/30/2006, 05:53 PM
In all seriousness is there anyway Joewhowalksonwater could get Calipari here?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/31/2006, 09:12 AM
In all seriousness is there anyway Joewhowalksonwater could get Calipari here?

Joe C might be able to get Memphis to give Calapari a big raise but I really doubt he would jump from a school with more hoops tradition than OU.

BarryBnds
4/1/2006, 05:20 PM
Joe C might be able to get Memphis to give Calapari a big raise but I really doubt he would jump from a school with more hoops tradition than OU.

More tradition on probation maybe.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/3/2006, 08:29 AM
More tradition on probation maybe.

I stand corrected. After looking at the history of Memphis they certainly do not have more hoops tradition. 2 FF, no titles. Maybe I gave them one of Louisville's titles. In light of that I don't see why Calapari wouldn't at least seriously consider OU though it still is quite possible that he simply gets a big raise from Memphis.

GDC
4/3/2006, 09:31 AM
Memphis' Calipari Sooners' best pick
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
4/2/2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- Sexy or safe? Big splash or smooth, calm waters?

That's the intriguing quandary Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione could face the next few days as he zeros in on the basketball coach he selects to replace Kelvin Sampson.

Does he send shock waves through the rest of the Big 12 Conference and make a flamboyant pick like Memphis' John Calipari or Villanova's Jay Wright?

Or does he take what would be viewed as the solid, careful route and tap Creighton's Dana Altman or Wichita State's Mark Turgeon?

Calipari, Wright, Altman and Turgeon are some of the names of potential OU candidates that continue to swirl around this city, which is college basketball's temporary national headquarters this weekend with the Final Four in town.

There have been others, including North Carolina-Charlotte's Bobby Lutz and Gonzaga's Mark Few.

The OU job has generated intense interest among the horde of coaches, administrators and media members who are here for the games and their national convention.

Several more undoubtedly are under consideration as Castiglione continues his clandestine, one-man search, using a consulting firm only to help with background checks.

As of Saturday,

the Sooner AD had remained in Norman to do his preliminary groundwork. It's possible he could travel to Indianapolis over the next two days if he identifies his top choices and wants to speed up the interview process.

But from the aforementioned list of names, one absolutely jumps out at you -- Calipari.

Calipari would definitely be an attractive, sexy hire. He also might be a safer choice than some might think, because he's resurrected his once-tarnished image the past six seasons at Memphis.

Those close to Calipari insist he has indicated a genuine interest in making the move to Norman. To the point that some of his friends met Friday with Big 12 Commissioner Kevin Weiberg, asking Weiberg to convince Castiglione to strongly consider Calipari.

A Calipari-Oklahoma marriage makes sense because they need each other.

Calipari, who has coached in the NBA and took UMass to the Final Four, is one of the coaches who loves the spotlight and media attention. And the focus on Memphis dimmed last year when some of the top basketball schools in Conference USA left for other leagues.

"Nobody (in the media) pays attention to Conference USA and Memphis until March," said one source familiar with Calipari's situation. "That bothers him."

Big 12 basketball was down this season, but it's still considered one of the nation's premier hoops leagues. And it's about to get even more attention with the hirings at Missouri of Mike Anderson and Kansas State of Bob Huggins, who is one of Calipari's good friends.

Calipari has told insiders he'd like to work for Castiglione, and he doesn't mind operating in the shadow of OU's football program because he's a big admirer of coach Bob Stoops.

He also reportedly isn't that concerned about money. He has plenty from when he left the NBA (a $6 million buyout), and has indicated he'd be willing to sign an incentive-based contract with OU because he's confident he could succeed with the Sooners like he has everywhere else.

OU desperately needs someone like the charismatic and savvy Calipari to solve several problems that emerged during Sampson's 12 seasons.

Most of those concerns deal with a lack of fan interest.

Many OU fans have long been turned off by Sampson's half-court, methodical offensive style. The fan disinterest intensified this season when an NBA franchise relocated to Oklahoma City, and the nationally ranked OU women's team, featuring freshman All-American Courtney Paris, started drawing large crowds.

Calipari's up-tempo style is the offense of choice for the majority of fans.

And while Sampson struggled to land big-name prospects like women's coach Sherri Coale has with players like Paris, Calipari's recruiting prowess is legendary.

The presence of Oklahoma City / New Orleans Hornets wouldn't scare off Calipari.

He's had to battle the NBA for fan attention at both Memphis (Grizzlies) and UMass (Celtics).

When Sampson bolted for Indiana last week, he left behind an OU program that's under NCAA investigation and has recorded poor graduation rates.

UMass faced serious NCAA scrutiny when Calipari coached the Minutemen, but he wasn't charged in the investigation.

And his player graduation record at Memphis has been excellent.

One potential roadblock between OU and Calipari surfaced Saturday when news reports said North Carolina State coach Herb Sendek was the leading candidate at Arizona State.

Some insiders believe the N.C. State job could interest Calipari because, unlike most coaches, he isn't intimidated by nearby powerhouse teams at North Carolina and Duke.

So sexy or safe shouldn't be the question facing Castiglione. Instead, it should be this: Can he convince Calipari to take the job?

Because, the more one considers it, the more Calipari-to-OU makes perfect sense..

Harry Beanbag
4/3/2006, 09:38 AM
Sounds good to me.

oumartin
4/3/2006, 09:38 AM
calipari would be great but I just dont' see it happening. dangit.

Desert Sapper
4/3/2006, 10:29 AM
Calipari has told insiders he'd like to work for Castiglione, and he doesn't mind operating in the shadow of OU's football program because he's a big admirer of coach Bob Stoops.

He also reportedly isn't that concerned about money. He has plenty from when he left the NBA (a $6 million buyout), and has indicated he'd be willing to sign an incentive-based contract with OU because he's confident he could succeed with the Sooners like he has everywhere else.

OU desperately needs someone like the charismatic and savvy Calipari to solve several problems that emerged during Sampson's 12 seasons.

I like this guy. The more I think about it, the more I think he is the kind of coach we need. I hope Joe can get him.

RacerX
4/3/2006, 10:57 AM
Don't they have that bitchin' Pyramid?

Vegas Sooner
4/3/2006, 10:59 AM
Word on Rivals is Turgeon is the top choice right now.

NO MORE WICHITA STATE COACHES!!! NEVER! Not after what Gene did to us. Joe should take that seriously!

Octavian
4/3/2006, 10:59 AM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6167/pyramid4wi.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

oumartin
4/3/2006, 11:02 AM
I think if they miss with calipari and wright then yes turgeon will be the guy.. but lets get this puppy movin'...

william_brasky
4/3/2006, 11:02 AM
Well, the Oklahoman had an article today dictating to all to forget about Calipari coming to OU.

So, we're probably in the running to get him.

william_brasky
4/3/2006, 11:04 AM
I think if they miss with calipari and wright then yes turgeon will be the guy.. but lets get this puppy movin'...

Good things come to those who wait martin.

Let's hope this applies to this situation.

oumartin
4/3/2006, 11:04 AM
the same daily oklahoman that has jenni carlson as a writer and the same one that wants sherri to coach the mens team. I mean we all love sherri coale but c'mon now.

oumartin
4/3/2006, 11:05 AM
I don't wanna wait brasky.. this board is ultra boring right now.

william_brasky
4/3/2006, 11:05 AM
the same daily oklahoman that has jenni carlson as a writer and the same one that wants sherri to coach the mens team. I mean we all love sherri coale but c'mon now.

the sherri coale ad was a shameless and stupid Sports Animal ad. They must be desperate for some callers/ratings.

oumartin
4/3/2006, 11:08 AM
well the sports animal has major issues with mark rodgers and traber, calling callers idiots.. I've never met rodgers but i think that guys ego has gotten away from him in the past year.
I just wanna see some high drama on the boards w/o the name calling. good ole arguing and bickering is fun w/o the name calling. same goes for sports radio

william_brasky
4/3/2006, 11:10 AM
I don't wanna wait brasky.. this board is ultra boring right now.

I don't wanna wait either. The way I see it right now is that Joe C. is going after some top tier guys. Money's being discussed, and these top guys we're going after are playing us and their current school for the most money.

I could be wrong.

william_brasky
4/3/2006, 11:13 AM
I've never met rodgers but i think that guys ego has gotten away from him in the past year.

He used to be one of my favorites. You're right, it does seem that he's become very egotistical the last year or so. That's what you get hangin' out with Traber I guess.

RacerX
4/3/2006, 11:33 AM
well the sports animal has major issues with mark rodgers and traber, calling callers idiots.. I've never met rodgers but i think that guys ego has gotten away from him in the past year.
I just wanna see some high drama on the boards w/o the name calling. good ole arguing and bickering is fun w/o the name calling. same goes for sports radio

Shut up idiot!

Had to do it.

yager
4/3/2006, 11:34 AM

No kidding...I turned him on the other day for the first time in a while...and was like "Who's this guy?!!?" He's changed completely. Asshat.

Newbomb Turk
4/3/2006, 11:35 AM

martin - I think you're an idiot.
Oh...you said no name calling. Nevermind.

;)

Newbomb Turk
4/3/2006, 11:36 AM
dang - Racer beat me to it.

Great minds think alike. :D

oumartin
4/3/2006, 11:45 AM
you guys are not great minds.. jackazzes maybe but not great minds :D

Newbomb Turk
4/3/2006, 11:48 AM

i don't know about Racer, but yeah...you're probably right about me.

RacerX
4/3/2006, 12:10 PM

I definitely resemble that remark.

RacerX
4/3/2006, 12:12 PM
Let's tear down the Lloyd Noble and build a Sphinx.

KaiserSooner
4/3/2006, 01:05 PM
Knight, Huggins, and Calipari all in the Big 12? And let's not forget Barnes, Self, and the Sutton regency in cowtown. Should make for some interesting headlines, if it happens.

Vegas Sooner
4/3/2006, 01:16 PM
Knight, Huggins, and Calipari all in the Big 12? And let's not forget Barnes, Self, and the Sutton regency in cowtown. Should make for some interesting headlines, if it happens.

or add Wright into that mix.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/3/2006, 01:23 PM
or add Wright into that mix.

or Brandon Martin.

Newbomb Turk
4/3/2006, 01:45 PM
or Mark Turgeon.

oumartin
4/3/2006, 01:48 PM
we all know we're getting Romar,, why has his name quit being mentioned

william_brasky
4/3/2006, 01:57 PM
Pelphrey hasn't been talked about at all. He was my pre KS/IU favorite.

MojoRisen
4/3/2006, 02:31 PM

Anderson-

OUstud
4/3/2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah what did happen to Pelphry?

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 09:22 AM
Top Choices
Tubby Smith
Mark Few
Tom Crean
Lorenzo Romar

Possibilities
Mike Montgomery
John Calipari
Rick Majerus
Billy Gillespie
Mark Turgeon
Dana Altman
Mark Gottfried
Herb Sendek

Damn.
:O

william_brasky
4/11/2006, 12:09 PM
The Oklahoman strikes out again. heh.

NickZeppelin
4/11/2006, 12:10 PM
or none of the above. Norman High's coach is first in line.

You weren't far off

Sooner in Tampa
4/11/2006, 12:28 PM
You weren't far off:rolleyes: