PDA

View Full Version : Even though I'll Miss Sampson..

Boffingham
3/29/2006, 01:10 AM
this is going to be an exciting time for Sooner Basketball. Remember how exciting it was when we fired Blake and the search was on. I watched the news, internet every day waiting for the announcement. Once the announcement was made, all the stories and speculation started. I, for one, am looking forward to the drama during the next few weeks. Everyone on this board will have their opinion and their say in the matter, but it all comes down to the fact that it is time for change.

I see why Kelvin wanted to leave. This will always be a football school that happens to have a decent basketball team. Texas is the same way. Look at Indiana. They don't really have a football team. Same goes for Duke, UNC, Illinois, and many more. Why do big name coaches want to coach there? Tradition. Anybody would give their left nut to coach football at OU, but not basketball. Although I do not expect coaches to be begging for this job, there are alot of exciting things about coaching here. The AD takes care of its people very nicely. It is a great sports program, college, and community. Don't look for any big names to come here. I expect a small school guy, assistant coach maybe??

Enjoy the next couple weeks. Don't focus on Sampson anymore. He's gone. Lets find a good fit for these kids and get ready for a great basketball season.

And, football is just around the corner, so most of you nay sayers won't even care until November.

Peace out from the Middle East...be back in a month

Ardmore_Sooner
3/29/2006, 01:29 AM
Illinois was in the Sugar Bowl a few years back.

Sooner24
3/29/2006, 01:53 AM
this is going to be an exciting time for Sooner Basketball. Remember how exciting it was when we fired Blake and the search was on. I watched the news, internet every day waiting for the announcement. Once the announcement was made, all the stories and speculation started. I, for one, am looking forward to the drama during the next few weeks. Everyone on this board will have their opinion and their say in the matter, but it all comes down to the fact that it is time for change.

I see why Kelvin wanted to leave. This will always be a football school that happens to have a decent basketball team. Texas is the same way. Look at Indiana. They don't really have a football team. Same goes for Duke, UNC, Illinois, and many more. Why do big name coaches want to coach there? Tradition. Anybody would give their left nut to coach football at OU, but not basketball. Although I do not expect coaches to be begging for this job, there are alot of exciting things about coaching here. The AD takes care of its people very nicely. It is a great sports program, college, and community. Don't look for any big names to come here. I expect a small school guy, assistant coach maybe??

Enjoy the next couple weeks. Don't focus on Sampson anymore. He's gone. Lets find a good fit for these kids and get ready for a great basketball season.

And, football is just around the corner, so most of you nay sayers won't even care until November.

A majority won't care after November either.

Sooner24
3/29/2006, 01:55 AM
By the way, Boffingham, keep your head down over there and God Bless you and all the people in the armed services.

RacerX
3/29/2006, 09:42 AM
Dean Blevins (tool) needs a secret candidate in a bad way.

Sooner24
3/29/2006, 09:48 AM
Dean Blevins (tool) needs a secret candidate in a bad way.

The odds are 80/25 he finds one. :rolleyes:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/29/2006, 10:30 AM

Not that I'm saying that the program is necessarily sinking but the couple hours after the Titanic hit the iceberg was an exciting time for the passengers too.

I'm all for moving forward though..and I appreciate your day job, thanks.

yermom
3/29/2006, 10:33 AM
remember how exciting it was when **************** got here? ;)

RacerX
3/29/2006, 10:35 AM
I was not excited.

I knew people who were totally sold on the hire and his carp.

yermom
3/29/2006, 11:02 AM
he did win a MNC.... but sadly it was at Miami