PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few, Billy Gillespie, and Jeff Bzdelik are my top three

The Ensuing Kickoff
3/28/2006, 11:32 PM
These are my top three. Of course, I have spent less than one minute thinking about this.

-Few = Gonzaga
-Gillespie = T A&M
-Bzdelik = currently at Air Force, was the Nuggets coach until midseason last year.

Word.

lufkinaggie07
3/29/2006, 12:34 AM
Tak Gillespie off, no chance he leaves A&M, and yall can't afford to get into a bidding war with us, Few and Majerus should be your targets.

Blue
3/29/2006, 12:42 AM
Ta hell with Majerus and pretty much Gillespie too. I'll take John Pelphrey.

King Crimson
3/29/2006, 12:46 AM
Tak Gillespie off, no chance he leaves A&M, and yall can't afford to get into a bidding war with us, Few and Majerus should be your targets.

whatever you say Aggie: we still beat you twice in basketball and regularly in football? isn't that correct. whoop!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/29/2006, 12:48 AM

he was a heck of a player, but i could do without the christian laetner replays every game ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
3/29/2006, 12:49 AM
Larry Eustachy!!....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/29/2006, 12:49 AM
few isn't going anywhere. the dude is a fly fishing freak and spokane is the place to be for that...

Blue
3/29/2006, 12:51 AM
few isn't going anywhere. the dude is a fly fishing freak and spokane is the place to be for that...

He could go noodling in the Canadian...

Catch 22
3/29/2006, 01:00 AM
I'm thinking Mike Montgomery comes here.

msteudem
3/29/2006, 01:26 AM
I vote for Coale to switch from the women's to the men's team.

I kid.

SicEmBaylor
3/29/2006, 01:35 AM

OU can't afford to get into a bidding war with aTm? WTF? Are you planning to have a really lucrative year at the livestock auction? You better save that money to buy out Coach Fran's contract and let your bball coach go. :D

Doged
3/29/2006, 02:33 AM
You people aren't thinking economically. Eddie "The Hose" Sutton is the obvious choice. He's always too drunk to say something stupid to the media, covering up for him is a graduate course all it's own for those with future political aspirations and, best of all, he does double duty watering the lawns at the local middle schools. Now that's getting the most for your hiring dollar!

ucosooner
3/29/2006, 02:59 AM
Hinson, from SWMS. They mentioned this on one of the news channels tonight, I don't remember which one, but I'd like to see what he could do with some talent.

That's all I got now. I haven't really thought about it. Still sorta in that, huh, I can't believe coach K is leaving mood.

Readyfor8
3/29/2006, 04:18 AM

You are insane if you think your athletic finances aren't a problem. The only way you get back into the black after this year is if Fran runs off a BCS Bowl Bid, and that will take nothing short of a miracle.

Think about it, all of your donors didn't have the cash to put Fran out on his *** last year and now you think you are going to keep Gillespie off the market? He may not go to OU (which could put together a better contract than A&M) but there is no way he stays another year down there in the boonies that is A&M Basketball...

stonecoldsoonerfan
3/29/2006, 06:07 AM
gillespie just signed an extension so aTm could keep him away from indiana. he's out of the question, unless we buy out his contract. we aren't going to do that.

Sooner in Tampa
3/29/2006, 06:38 AM
Few was already talked about for the Indiana job and turned it down, he told them he was not even a little bit interested...so there is really little chance that he would come here.

RacerX
3/29/2006, 07:19 AM
How many different threads do we need on this?

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 07:22 AM

I like Pelphrey.

He's young, hungry, likes to get up and down the floor, played under Pitino, assisted under Donovan, supposedly a very good recruiter. He's just starting to get that S. Alabama program rolling.

Was Pelphrey at Florida when Stoops was there? If so, I'd like to hear what Bobby has to say about Pelphrey.

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 07:23 AM
How many different threads do we need on this?

I'm not sure. I'll go start another one. :texan:

lufkinaggie07
3/29/2006, 08:43 AM
No way Gillespie leaves, your AD isn't even considering going after him, why, because he can't get into a bidding war with A&M, our endowment is around 5 Billion dollars, OU's probably around 400 million, not trying to start ****, but when it comes to money there's only one other university that can outbid us on a coach, and that school in also in Texas. Mark Few and Majerus should be OU's focus, after that, go after a good mid major coach.

Harry Beanbag
3/29/2006, 08:52 AM
No way Gillespie leaves, your AD isn't even considering going after him, why, because he can't get into a bidding war with A&M, our endowment is around 5 Billion dollars, OU's probably around 400 million, not trying to start ****, but when it comes to money there's only one other university that can outbid us on a coach, and that school in also in Texas. Mark Few and Majerus should be OU's focus, after that, go after a good mid major coach.

:rolleyes: :texan: :rolleyes: :texan: :rolleyes:

CobraKai
3/29/2006, 09:05 AM

How many dollars of your endowment goes toward paying your coach. I'll give you a hint, it is in the $0 range. Your coach is paid from your athletic budget, which as you know is similarly sized to Oklahoma. Perhaps this is why we have never lost a bidding war to ANYONE for ANY coach. Which current aTm coach makes more than their OU counterparts?

Now if you are talking about endowing a new chair in the geology department, then yes...OU does not want to get into a bidding war with aTm. However, our geology smack threads are all on the south oval, so you would want to take this argument over there.

NWOSURanger
3/29/2006, 09:10 AM
I'm thinking Mike Montgomery comes here.
It would be nice to get him. He seems like a solid college coach. He didn't have a chance at Golden State. I don't think anybody could coach that club.

RacerX
3/29/2006, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure. I'll go start another one. :texan:

You can doooooo it.:D

william_brasky
3/29/2006, 09:31 AM
You can doooooo it.:D

Already done did it. :)

And yes, Free Top Dawg!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/29/2006, 09:49 AM
How many dollars of your endowment goes toward paying your coach. I'll give you a hint, it is in the $0 range. You coach is payed from your athletic budget, which as you know is similarly sized to Oklahoma. Perhaps this is why we have never lost a bidding war to ANYONE for ANY coach. Which current aTm coach makes more than their OU counterparts?

Now if you are talking about endowing a new chair in the geology department, then yes...OU does not want to get into a bidding war with aTm. However, our geology smack threads are all on the south oval, so you would want to take this argument over there.

I was going to mention the Collie internment endowment but I think the geology smack thread is better....:D

humblesooner
3/29/2006, 11:16 AM

Besides the fact that this endowment $ does not pay coaches salaries, it would be a moot point unless A&M decided to bump Billy to about say $400,000,001, wouldn't it?
Just curious.

CobraKai
3/29/2006, 12:30 PM

I'm also curious why aTm did not just hire Coach K a few years back instead of Gillespie. Since he is not at Texas, obviously Duke could not get into a bidding war. Also, why hire Coach Fran? Why not come after Stoops? Obviously aTm could have paid him much more. Right? Certainly he was a more proven commodity than Fran was.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/29/2006, 12:49 PM
No way Gillespie leaves, your AD isn't even considering going after him, why, because he can't get into a bidding war with A&M, our endowment is around 5 Billion dollars,we've got dead Collies with ESPN mobile cell phones, Richard Gere heads out small animal veterinary program and we whoop like the cast in the musical version of Brokeback Mountain. When it comes to eccentic ghey autoerotic asphixiation rituals there's only one other university that can outbid us on a coach, and that school in also in Texas. Mark Few and Majerus should be OU's focus, after that, go after a good mid major coach.

Fixed

1stTimeCaller
3/29/2006, 01:53 PM
http://tarheelblue.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/holladay_joe00.html

This guy should be our new coach.

JohnnyMack
3/29/2006, 01:56 PM
http://tarheelblue.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/holladay_joe00.html

This guy should be our new coach.

Meh.

stoopified
3/29/2006, 02:10 PM
How many dollars of your endowment goes toward paying your coach. I'll give you a hint, it is in the $0 range. Your coach is paid from your athletic budget, which as you know is similarly sized to Oklahoma. Perhaps this is why we have never lost a bidding war to ANYONE for ANY coach. Which current aTm coach makes more than their OU counterparts?

Now if you are talking about endowing a new chair in the geology department, then yes...OU does not want to get into a bidding war with aTm. However, our geology smack threads are all on the south oval, so you would want to take this argument over there.LMAO!

OUstud
3/29/2006, 05:11 PM
As I sat in my classes today, I zoned out frequently, thinking about new coaches. I came up with 3 that I haven't heard a lot about: Bzdelik (though that's in this thread), John Thompson III, and Karl Hobbs.

Readyfor8
3/31/2006, 02:50 AM

Typical addled texan response notice, I said "he may not go to OU but he will be gone in another season"

You think Texas and A&M are the only universities with money? If that was the case and you could outbid us on any coach you wanted, why do we still have Bob Stoops and you are still a cellar dweller with Coach Franny? Seems you could just buy out his contract with that 5 billion dollars and suck him right down into the hell hole that is texas.

Gillespie is going to go to a Basketball school plain and simple and OU is still a bigger basketball school than A&M.

EDIT: BAh thats what i get for not reading Page 2 this has already been stated