PDA

View Full Version : Is Kellen Sampson leaving?

emoinwinter
3/28/2006, 06:16 PM
I don't know if we can afford to loose him. I heard this upcoming season was suppose to be his breakout year... :rolleyes:

I was pretty ****ed about Everett getting busted for pot, yet still playing. I was pretty ****ed after hearing about the NCAA stuff. I was pretty ****ed when we would go on our signature droubts. On and off the court I think we can do a lot better...

My only fear is loosing our recruits. Rivals already has a story about us possibly loosing Crocker.

SoonerStud615
3/28/2006, 06:41 PM
He'll never had a breakout year. He only averaged like 8 ppg in high school, he wont break out. The only he'll leave is to follow daddy to indy to get some PT every once in a while.

emoinwinter
3/28/2006, 06:49 PM
He'll never had a breakout year. He only averaged like 8 ppg in high school, he wont break out. The only he'll leave is to follow daddy to indy to get some PT every once in a while.

I'll rember to never use sarcasm again... :-)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/28/2006, 08:05 PM
I would think he wouldn't be leaving ALREADY. H*ll, he JUST GOT HIRED!

PDXsooner
3/28/2006, 08:10 PM
this thread should be ended now

The Consumate Showman
3/28/2006, 08:31 PM
Kellen Sampson = Bobby Bouchea.....dat's high quality H2O!

walkoffsooner
3/28/2006, 08:35 PM
If he wants to play again.Or go juco maybe. He's not very good.

sooner518
4/11/2006, 05:46 PM
It looks like Kellen is staying at OU?
http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics5/400/ZW/ZWJRPFOMKWCZURD.20060411212651.jpg

NickZeppelin
4/11/2006, 06:05 PM
He's staying till he graduates.

suncoastsooner7
4/11/2006, 06:14 PM
It looks like Kellen is staying at OU?
http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics5/400/ZW/ZWJRPFOMKWCZURD.20060411212651.jpg

Good. I hope he does.

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 06:34 PM
Kelvin was on Jim Rome last Thursday or Friday. Jim asked him about this and Kelvin said Kellen told him "you can go to Indiana if you want, but I'm a Sooner and I'm staying".

As an aside, Kelvin sounded a little strange. He was extremely complimentary of OU and his time in Norman, and even seemed a little apprehensive about what he was getting himself into at Indiana. Almost seemed like he thought he may have made a mistake. At least that is the impression that I got out of the interview.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 07:06 PM
Oh wow, someone at work said that exact same thing about an interview KS did (I am guessing on rome). They said he sounded like he was tearing up talking about leaving OU.

oumartin
4/11/2006, 08:18 PM
so, does kellen have to make the squad again for Jeff?

the_ouskull
4/11/2006, 09:06 PM
Kellen is staying at OU. He's a senior this year, and he's looking forward to graduating from here.

the_ouskull

NickZeppelin
4/11/2006, 09:40 PM
He'll be a junior I believe but it is his last year as a player at OU

stoops the eternal pimp
4/11/2006, 09:52 PM
kellen and the rest of the team sat beside us at the scrimmage..he said he is going to stay....good kid.....very polite...dude has some manners....not wanting to be mean but he seems a bit dorkish....like the nerdy kid at school trying to be cool..

emoinwinter
4/11/2006, 09:58 PM
kellen and the rest of the team sat beside us at the scrimmage..he said he is going to stay....good kid.....very polite...dude has some manners....not wanting to be mean but he seems a bit dorkish....like the nerdy kid at school trying to be cool..

And you didn't notice that from his celebrations?

Sooner_75
4/11/2006, 10:16 PM
Why take a shot at Kellen? He has been a Sooner since his dad came to OU. I remember he was a ball boy when he is young, He is the team player and he is always the first guy off the bench giving support to the rest of his team. I just hope he is still on the team for his senior year.

okienole3
4/11/2006, 10:26 PM
He'll be a junior I believe but it is his last year as a player at OU

Actually he will be a senior (in school) numnuts. He redshirted a year. I wish you would shut the **** up and quit spewing out **** that you have no idea what the **** you are talking about.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2006, 10:29 PM
Actually he will be a senior (in school) numnuts. He redshirted a year. I wish you would shut the **** up and quit spewing out **** that you have no idea what the **** you are talking about.

Do you write for Hallmark?

;)

Stanley1
4/11/2006, 10:37 PM
I'll rember to never use sarcasm again... :-)

Try never posting again.

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 10:45 PM
Do you write for Hallmark?

;)

He should. I'd buy more cards.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/12/2006, 09:00 AM

Johnny Mack is on to something here. I could see some great Hallmark card potential here. There could be a whole "shut the **** up Nick" section of the store.

I think Kellen is a plus to the team and that is even if he only sees the floor for 80 minutes the whole year. If he is working hard, setting an example and causes some of the other guys to work just a little harder in practice then it will pay off on the court. Not to mention the postive attitude. Guys that that really are valuble to a team.

NickZeppelin
4/12/2006, 09:16 AM
He was a RS Sophomore this past year. I know what you mean he will be a Sr in basketball. But he'll be a JR in class. I do think it's his last year at OU and he'll probably be a GA at Indiana after next year.

Grimey
4/12/2006, 09:27 AM
Why take a shot at Kellen? He has been a Sooner since his dad came to OU. I remember he was a ball boy when he is young, He is the team player and he is always the first guy off the bench giving support to the rest of his team. I just hope he is still on the team for his senior year.

Me too. I remember when Kellen and some kid they called 'Taco' would play one on one during halftime or after the game when they were little.

I would be proud if he got to play his Senior year for us.

sooneron
4/12/2006, 09:35 AM
I'm sure that there is some arrangement between Kelvin and Jeff. Jeff seems to respect Kelvin a lot.

Grimey
4/12/2006, 11:05 AM
I would think it would be a bad move, PR wise, to not keep Kellen.

By the way, did you notice a slight, probably inadvertant, slam on Kelvin yesterday? He said, I think OU is a place where you can win the whole thing, not just Big 12 Championships. Ouch!

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 11:49 AM
Why would it be a bad PR move? Would the midget get mad?

Grimey
4/12/2006, 12:37 PM
Because he has given his heart and soul to the University of Oklahoma...

Because he is an excellent student...

Because he is very well-liked by everyone on the team...

Because he practices hard and never complains about playing time...

Because he said, Dad you may be moving to Indiana, but I am still going to be a sooner...

Because it would be classless of Capel to do that...

need more?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/12/2006, 01:01 PM
Because he has given his heart and soul to the University of Oklahoma...

Because he is very well-liked by everyone on the team...

Because he practices hard and never complains about playing time...

Because he said, Dad you may be moving to Indiana, but I am still going to be a sooner...

Because it would be classless of Capel to do that...

need more?

Is that all you can come up with? ;)

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 01:04 PM
Not to mention getting the team much needed water.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/12/2006, 01:09 PM
Not to mention getting the team much needed water.

Or to kick Bob Barker's azz.

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 01:11 PM
Or to kick Bob Barker's azz.

We have our halftime show. Beats kicking D'Angelo's.

okienole3
4/12/2006, 02:34 PM
Nick how the hell do you know that he is going to "probably" be a GA at Indiana when he gets done? There you go making **** up again.

I think Capel needs to keep him on the team. That is pretty cool what he said to his dad.

okienole3
4/12/2006, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah, I wonder what ever happened to Taco?

Grimey
4/12/2006, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah, I wonder what ever happened to Taco?

you are the first person I have ever known that remembered Taco.

okienole3
4/12/2006, 02:41 PM
you are the first person I have ever known that remembered Taco.

Big kid had some game.

okienole3
4/12/2006, 02:43 PM

Man, I was a little drunk when I wrote this.

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 02:44 PM
Did Taco come to Norman on the same flight as Eduardo?

NickZeppelin
4/12/2006, 04:45 PM
Nick how the hell do you know that he is going to "probably" be a GA at Indiana when he gets done? There you go making **** up again.

I think Capel needs to keep him on the team. That is pretty cool what he said to his dad.

He could be a GA here. I'm not able to actually read his mind. Neither can you.

suncoastsooner7
4/12/2006, 04:47 PM
He was a RS Sophomore this past year. I know what you mean he will be a Sr in basketball. But he'll be a JR in class. I do think it's his last year at OU and he'll probably be a GA at Indiana after next year.

:confused:

Dear God you are a moron. :eek:

okienole3
4/12/2006, 05:15 PM
He could be a GA here. I'm not able to actually read his mind. Neither can you.

That was my point numnuts. He may not be a GA anywhere. He may decide that he wants to be an astronaut. You don't have any idea what he is "probably" going to do. You were trying to read his mind, not me.

NickZeppelin
4/12/2006, 05:18 PM
That was my point numnuts. He may not be a GA anywhere. He may decide that he wants to be an astronaut. You don't have any idea what he is "probably" going to do. You were trying to read his mind, not me.

I gave an opinion on what I thought he would do I didn't say he was going to Indiana like it was a fact

okienole3
4/12/2006, 05:20 PM
I gave an opinion on what I thought he would do I didn't say he was going to Indiana like it was a fact

You said he "probably" would. You had no idea. Plus, you don't know what year he is any way.

NickZeppelin
4/12/2006, 05:23 PM
Why are we even argueing symatics? I'm sure you could pick apart just about everyone elses post on this board you would find even worse slip ups then something so stupid.

okienole3
4/12/2006, 05:31 PM
Why are we even argueing symatics? I'm sure you could pick apart just about everyone elses post on this board you would find even worse slip ups then something so stupid.

then=than

badger
4/13/2006, 12:39 AM
Yeah Kellen's staying.

Now as for KelVIN, he is going to have some hurdles:

1- His first year at Indiana gives him $1.1 - or $1.2 million if he wins the championship.

2- This could be adjusted if the NCAA allegations are against him and not OU at the hearing later this month.

3- He is taking a significant pay cut to start over at OU - he made $1.8 mil during the 05-06 year, including salary, bonuses and mysterious KDS Inc.

4- Indiana's facilities and funding and not comparable to OU, and neither are his new contract bonuses.

My source is directly from the source, but you can find it cited here as well:
http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_103010404.html
http://www.normantranscript.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_096005505

So, is KelVIN staying long at Indiana? They are giving him "nothing" to start, compared with the 1.81 mil that he made last year. If he doesn't produce, they'll terminate his contract.

Or, if he hates Indy, he'll have to pay them a half a mil.

I'd say he has his back up against the wall unless he wins immediately.

Sooner24
4/13/2006, 11:13 PM
then=than

I love it when the grammar smack starts. :D

SleestakSooner
4/14/2006, 03:49 AM
then=than

OkieNole3 you seem articulate and have a huge hard one for your bud Nick... so I can't see how you missed this one.

semantics (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=semantics) is a wonderful word about wondering about words.

symatics (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=symatics) is a non-word which Nick must have made up to prove your point... he is a tool. Not only did he butcher the spelling but left out whole letters!:kelvin:

TheHumanAlphabet
4/14/2006, 10:02 AM

Need someone to help out the graduation rate numbers...

bada bing...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/19/2006, 11:09 AM
If Scottie Reynolds isn't here we may need Kellen Sampson. If the choice for back-up PG is Walker or Sampson I'll take Sampson. This is depressing. When does football start?