PDA

View Full Version : I just sent this to all my representatives

85Sooner
3/28/2006, 03:19 PM
and alot of the leaders in the senate. Welcome to copy and send for yourself if you like.

Dear Representative (name here)

My name is (insert name here) and I live in (insert home city)
I am writing because I am sick. More importantly, I am tired.
I have supported the Republican Party for over 23 years of my voting life. I have never voted for a democrat. I have always believed in the ideals of the United States of America and for the most part the Republican Party. I have walked door to door, answered calls, put up signs, given donations, and generally urged folks to get out and vote.

I was thrilled in 1994 when the legislative branch was won. That said, I was realistic enough to know that with a Democrat in the White House, things would be tough. Thus, I was ecstatic in 2000 when the Presidency was won. Finally. In my lifetime we could make some changes. I thought.

As I sit here contemplating the 2006 Election with all of the media elite attacking this President, I have come to several conclusions.

I am disappointed in several of the Presidents issues. More so,
The Republicans serving in the Congress wholly and utterly dishearten me.

You have had a majority for nearly 6 years now, and I realized that maybe your just not hearing enough from WE the people, so I am writing for the first time.

Here is what I expected.

1. Lower taxes. (Good job on that, now keep going)
Unfortunately our local politicians took those taxes back but we can work on that ourselves.

2. Shut down illegal immigration/ and the Gargantuan Social Spending.

Many say that Americans won’t take these jobs. Well, I say their right, because most of those “Americans” they are talking about, are receiving more money for not working than they would by taking those jobs. We, the working people in this country are sick and tired of paying for these people and want it to STOP!

Solution. Get rid of the entire Welfare system and start over. Help those who NEED it but then let them come to work and stuff envelops, pick up trash, etc… anything but a handout except for the helplessly disabled.

3. People gripe about the separation of Church and State when discussing our Public education system. A system that has been eating up billions of dollars while the product quality is declining. Schools are now built like palaces and the education provided is more of a social indoctrination than an education.

Solution. Get the Government OUT of the schools. There is nowhere in your Constitution promising a free education to anyone. I am currently paying for Pre K programs in my area, and my 3 year old will not be eligible to attend period. Why? Because he doesn’t have English as a second language and/or we are not on the free lunch program. Do YOU get this? On top of it I get to pay 135.00 a month so my kid can go to a pre school program. Go back to the way schools were founded, funded and run. By the local communities.

4. The cost of healthcare in this country is ridiculous and prohibitive to a healthy society. Insurance premiums are through the roof while services are getting worse. Drugs are prescribed for everything by a Doctor based on the referral of drug representatives who have NO certification or education regarding the pharmacology of the drug

Solution. Allow citizens to purchase medications from Canada et al… The pharmaceutical industry has the American public by the throat and the time for this to stop is past due. Open up the market and that will take care of drug prices. Make all drug representatives be licensed as the doctors and pharmacists are required to be.
Either cease the media black out of tobacco and liquor ads or cease the media advertising of medication requiring a prescription.

Finally
5. Lawsuit reform. This society lives on litigation and it costs the general public billions.
6. Eliminate the retirement plan and other so called benefits for representatives and live by the same rules as we the people do.

Basically, US hardworking folks are spending all our time at work to be able to pay taxes and the overall financial burden spent by you. This often requires two income households. Less time spent in activities to remain healthy, less time spent raising our kids etc…. All this for the benefit of the lazy and illegal. It has got to stop

I am disappointed that in 6 years things are really no different than with the democrats in office. If our representatives are so out of touch or spineless to take on these issues then they should be replaced.

During this election I really had decided to stay home for the first time in my life however I have now changed my mind.

This year I will vote in the primaries and my motto this year is “If Your In, Your Out and YES that means my rep too!” I will urge my friends and coworkers to do the same. If the incumbents do win the primaries as I suppose they will, then I will stay home for the general election.
I have never received a call from you. I have never been invited to an event etc…
I only receive envelopes weekly for donations, which I have decided to stop filling.

I am sorry that you have squandered the opportunity you have been given. Hopefully you may hear more of us in the future and actually start representing us.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
name
Disheartened American

MamaMia
3/28/2006, 06:20 PM
Take a look at this and see what you think.

http://www.fa-ir.org/alabama/corrupt/Congressional%20Retirement%20Benefits.htm

85Sooner
3/28/2006, 07:48 PM
Take a look at this and see what you think.

http://www.fa-ir.org/alabama/corrupt/Congressional%20Retirement%20Benefits.htm

Glad to see the oklahomans sticking with it. The only problem is there not making enough noise with the public. Actually , I'm for NO PENSIONS for elcted positions.

OUinFLA
3/28/2006, 08:16 PM
could we include something about federal employees contributing to the Social Security Fund?

85Sooner
3/28/2006, 08:17 PM
could we include something about federal employees contributing to the Social Security Fund?

ABSOLUTELY!

sooner_born_1960
3/28/2006, 08:23 PM
Since about 1986 or so, all new federal employees have contributed to SS.

sooner_born_1960
3/28/2006, 08:24 PM
Oh, and before someone else does it, their, there, they're.

lexsooner
3/28/2006, 08:28 PM
There ain't but a lick of difference between the two parties. They differ the most on social issues like abortion, church/state issues, and stem cell research. Otherwise, let's face it - they all pander to special interests and will make sure these special interests get their way, and aside from the usual lip service, they don't give a hoot about the average American. You can write all the letters to these folks until your hands give out, but it won't make any difference. Whichever party is in power will be sure to abuse it, and we will kick them out and elect the other party in, and they will engage in the same corruption. I became a registered independent some time ago, and I will probably never change my registration.

OUinFLA
3/28/2006, 08:30 PM
Since about 1986 or so, all new federal employees have contributed to SS.

Thank you, I was unaware of that.
You will find it is not the last item I will appear to be incorrectly informed about.

Jerk
3/28/2006, 08:31 PM
I'm just not going to vote anymore. All it does is encourage the basterds.

sooner_born_1960
3/28/2006, 08:31 PM
Thank you, I was unaware of that.
You will find it is not the last item I will appear to be incorrectly informed about.
You're welcome.