PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Work for a "Micromanager"?

Viking Kitten
3/28/2006, 03:08 PM
You know, I've been around the block a few times.

I'm doing a pretty good job raising two adorable kids.

I've been in the workforce since I was 16 years old.

I have a bachelor's degree from the University of Oklahoma.

I enjoy shopping. In fact, I am pretty good at it.

SO I DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD HOW TO BUY A ****ING ENVELOPE AT OFFICE ****ING DEPOT .

Thanks in advance.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/28/2006, 03:10 PM
Let me guess...

Older lady. A bit...bitter, perhaps? Maybe even a bit jealous of your cute little self?

Am I close?

Fugue
3/28/2006, 03:12 PM

SO I DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD HOW TO BUY A ****ING ENVELOPE AT OFFICE ****ING DEPOT .

Thanks in advance.

you've got to get the security type, don't bring back the plain white ones like last time. :mad:

Viking Kitten
3/28/2006, 03:15 PM
Let me guess...

Older lady. A bit...bitter, perhaps? Maybe even a bit jealous of your cute little self?

Am I close?

http://www.fortworthgov.org/ecodev/images/hammer_nail.jpg

3/28/2006, 03:15 PM
I worked for a Micromanager many years ago. I made it about 4 months, which was about 3 months and a week longer than the guy before me.

It has been over a year since I said anything but, "Hey, how's it going?" to my current boss.

Life is short. Find something else.

3/28/2006, 03:16 PM
And yes, she was a 50 something, bitter hag. I don't think she was jealous of my cute little self, though.

Howzit
3/28/2006, 03:21 PM
Tell her you realize that "the change" can effect one's memory, like how and where to purchase envelopes. But, since you have not yet been through "the change," you're pretty much on top of the whole envelope purchase dealio.

soonerbrat
3/28/2006, 03:30 PM
I used to work for one of those...key words being USED TO

TopDaugIn2000
3/28/2006, 03:32 PM
I used to work for one of those...key words being USED TO

DITTO. Couldn't take it.

C&CDean
3/28/2006, 03:36 PM
"OK, first, you open your mouth wide, then, you relax your throat...."

IB4OU2
3/28/2006, 03:37 PM
I work directly for a retired AF Colonel.........enough said. :(

Fugue
3/28/2006, 03:40 PM

wow :eek:

and Pat got a week? :texan:

Viking Kitten
3/28/2006, 03:45 PM

No joke: She once told me that the key to getting your husband to do work around the house was to keep promising a b.j. but never actually deliver.

I'm all... Sorry. I don't think that would play out too well at the ol' Soonerov household. Boys are much smarter now than musta been back in "your day." Because Czar would cut my shoe allowance if I did that.

VeeJay
3/28/2006, 03:45 PM
There's more than one way to buy a ****ing envelope?

Norm In Norman
3/28/2006, 04:01 PM
My experience with a micromanager boss has been AWESOME!

Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come off as good as I'd hope with text.

Fugue
3/28/2006, 04:06 PM
No joke: She once told me that the key to getting your husband to do work around the house was to keep promising a b.j. but never actually deliver.

I'm all... Sorry. I don't think that would play out too well at the ol' Soonerov household. Boys are much smarter now than musta been back in "your day." Because Czar would cut my shoe allowance if I did that.

maybe she heard about the coffee filter ordeal and became less than confident with Soonerov paper product purchasing. :eddie:

slickdawg
3/28/2006, 04:11 PM

Imelda Marcos? Is that you??

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/28/2006, 04:16 PM

I hope you http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif'd her for that.

OU4LIFE
3/28/2006, 04:18 PM
And yes, she was a 50 something, bitter hag. I don't think she was jealous of my cute little self, though.

that's MY job. ;)

Viking Kitten
3/28/2006, 04:22 PM
There's more than one way to buy a ****ing envelope?

I used to have a different co-worker who had a master's degree. The boss once gave the co-worker and me a 20-minute dissertation on how to mail a letter. The co-worker and I just gave each other these stunned, speechless looks after the boss left the room. The old co-worker lasted about a month after that.

I must just be a saint to put up with it. A foul-mouthed saint, but a saint nonetheless.

BeetDigger
3/28/2006, 04:23 PM

Thanks in advance.

Be thankful it was envelopes. Imagine the amount of directions had it been double sided tape.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/28/2006, 04:26 PM
I must just be a saint to put up with it. A foul-mouthed saint, but a saint nonetheless.

Or maybe you understand that your chirren gotta eat.

:meat:

Fugue
3/28/2006, 04:27 PM
Be thankful it was envelopes. Imagine the amount of directions had it been double sided tape.

VK woulda taped her mouth then stuck her face to the window so she could micromanage caulk removal.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/28/2006, 04:30 PM
VK's about to micromanage that lady's earhole.

*POKE*

Viking Kitten
3/28/2006, 04:31 PM
Or maybe I'll just micromanage my resume.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2006, 04:35 PM
I used to have this intern who hated to be micromanaged. Keyword: used to. She lasted a week.

Viking Kitten
3/28/2006, 04:37 PM
That was two weeks, honkey. And it could never have lasted. Notice how little we each posted during that timespan. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2006, 04:43 PM
P.S. I am not a micromanager. I used to work for a guy who used to be a lawyer. He wanted to dictate his articles for our newsletter to me. He would also say things like "SBSB, will you get with so and so to work with XYZ?" Then 10 minutes later he would come by to make sure I had.

MamaMia
3/28/2006, 04:46 PM
Tell her you realize that "the change" can effect one's memory, like how and where to purchase envelopes. But, since you have not yet been through "the change," you're pretty much on top of the whole envelope purchase dealio.

Viking Kitten,
I'm sorry that your boss is such a crab. I have younger girls working for me and I adore their "cute little selves." :D I take them to OU football games and we just have a ball. We make a whole weekend of it and party on Saturday nights. My husband and I let them have their space on Friday nights at Bricktown while we visit with our friends and family who live in the city.

I love to buy them things I see that I think they may like. I even babysit their little girls, and while doing so, I take them out to buy new shoes and outfits to match and we get manicures and pedicures too, so we are all dolled up when mommy comes. I like to treat them to nice restaurants when I'm a little money ahead. There have been times I have asked, "Is it hot in here or am I just having a flash. :O

One of them just bought me a cute little plaque, in the shape of a high heel, that says...Your still hot. It just comes in flashes. :P

IB4OU2
3/28/2006, 04:48 PM
Buckwheat says dictating is diguting.........

BeetDigger
3/28/2006, 04:51 PM
He would also say things like "SBSB, will you get with so and so to work with XYZ?" Then 10 minutes later he would come by to make sure I had.

I do that same thing. Only I usually wait about 7 minutes.

BeetDigger
3/28/2006, 04:53 PM
I have younger girls working for me and I adore their "cute little selves." :D

Pics? :D

RacerX
3/28/2006, 04:55 PM
Where you are all depends on where you've been.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/28/2006, 04:56 PM
Viking Kitten,
I'm sorry that your boss is such a crab. I have younger girls working for me and I adore their "cute little selves." :D I take them to OU football games and we just have a ball. We make a whole weekend of it and party on Saturday nights. My husband and I let them have their space on Friday nights at Bricktown while we visit with our friends and family who live in the city.

I love to buy them things I see that I think they may like. I even babysit their little girls, and while doing so, I take them out to buy new shoes and outfits to match and we get manicures and pedicures too, so we are all dolled up when mommy comes. I like to treat them to nice restaurants when I'm a little money ahead. There have been times I have asked, "Is it hot in here or am I just having a flash. :O

One of them just bought me a cute little plaque, in the shape of a high heel, that says...Your still hot. It just comes in flashes. :P

This is NOT an example of what I was talking about. This is the 'anti-micromanaging yainch'...:D

I'm sure Mom's known a couple of these ladies herself...

VeeJay
3/28/2006, 04:59 PM
I used to have a different co-worker who had a master's degree. The boss once gave the co-worker and me a 20-minute dissertation on how to mail a letter. The co-worker and I just gave each other these stunned, speechless looks after the boss left the room. The old co-worker lasted about a month after that.

Do you work in my office? I thought you were in Oklahoma for God's sake!!

Oldnslo
3/28/2006, 04:59 PM
You know what really will take your mind off of your micromanaging asswipe boss?

Vigorous kinky sex.

Dose the kids with a little benadryl, grab Czar and some Crisco, a 4X8 sheet of linoleum, some chicken feed and 3 chickens (just let them peck where they may!) and have at it.

Trust me on this.

YWIA

VeeJay
3/28/2006, 05:05 PM
My boss told me last week that if I didn't handle something correctly, that he was "going to cut (my) nuts off."

I told him to get in line. They're in my wife's purse.

Every time I ride by the Harley dealership she squeezes them.

slickdawg
3/28/2006, 05:06 PM
You know what really will take your mind off of your micromanaging asswipe boss?

Vigorous kinky sex.

Dose the kids with a little benadryl, grab Czar and some Crisco, a 4X8 sheet of linoleum, some chicken feed and 3 chickens (just let them peck where they may!) and have at it.

Trust me on this.

YWIA

LMAO!

slickdawg
3/28/2006, 05:07 PM
Pics? :D

Yeah, we'll be the judge of that!

SoonerBK
3/28/2006, 05:09 PM
Viking Kitten,

I have a "cute little wife" that could use a boss like you. Are you looking for more help?

Viking Kitten
3/28/2006, 05:30 PM

Trust me on this.

YWIA

I'm sorry. It's just that I get a little misty-eyed when I'm reminded of my wedding night.

jk the sooner fan
3/28/2006, 05:42 PM
if you look up "micro manage" in the dictionary, you'll see the picture of our company president

BeetDigger
3/28/2006, 05:54 PM
Boy, if a guy was a pimp, it sure wouldn't be good for his ego to be referred to as a "micro" manager.

MamaMia
3/28/2006, 05:57 PM
This is NOT an example of what I was talking about. This is the 'anti-micromanaging yainch'...:D

I'm sure Mom's known a couple of these ladies herself...I did have a professor like that when I was in college. I would love to run into her now that I'm even much cuter. :D