PDA

View Full Version : Ipod help?

achiro
3/28/2006, 01:45 PM
My computer died and lost all my itunes. Is there any way to transfer from the ipod back to Itunes? or another program?

Jimminy Crimson
3/28/2006, 01:49 PM
If you backed up your iTunes files, yes.

If not, :eek:!

OUAndy1807
3/28/2006, 08:28 PM
you can thank soonerbrat for telling me this:

go to you ipod from my computer. go to the folder options and set the ipod up so that you can see hidden files. there will be a hidden folder that contains a bunch of hidden folders with scrambled up names, no rhyme or reason to them, but that's ok. copy these files into a temp folder on your harddrive and delete your old itunes directory and the library from itunes (I'm assuming you lost everything here and that it's all backed up on your ipod. if you didn't lose a portion of your music, don't delete those songs). go to Add Folder in the itunes file menu, add the main directory with all the info from your ipod and it should unscramble everything. I think it also makes MP3 copies of the music files in your new itunes directories with the correct song and album info, but I would check that before I deleted the temp file.

mrowl
3/28/2006, 08:39 PM
you can thank soonerbrat for telling me this:

go to you ipod from my computer. go to the folder options and set the ipod up so that you can see hidden files. there will be a hidden folder that contains a bunch of hidden folders with scrambled up names, no rhyme or reason to them, but that's ok. copy these files into a temp folder on your harddrive and delete your old itunes directory and the library from itunes (I'm assuming you lost everything here and that it's all backed up on your ipod. if you didn't lose a portion of your music, don't delete those songs). go to Add Folder in the itunes file menu, add the main directory with all the info from your ipod and it should unscramble everything. I think it also makes MP3 copies of the music files in your new itunes directories with the correct song and album info, but I would check that before I deleted the temp file.

huh. I will have to try this for grins...

soonerbrat
3/28/2006, 09:59 PM
give it an adjustment.

just kidding.

there's a program called "copypod" that will do it for you

soonerbrat
3/28/2006, 10:01 PM
Linky (http://www.copypod.net)

achiro
3/28/2006, 10:25 PM
Very cool, thank you!