PDA

View Full Version : Do you collect football, baseball, basketball cards?

SOONER44EVER
3/28/2006, 02:31 AM
I saw mine in some boxes up in the attic today. I think I have every football and baseball card from about 1967 to 1990. I have lots of basketball cards too. I thought about getting some down but I knew I'd be up all night looking at them. I have no idea what they are worth any more. I think the Jordan Star rookie card is worth the most. My wife says I should sell them and make some space. What do you think?

Blue
3/28/2006, 02:37 AM
Obligatory, "No, I have sex with girls."

;)

jk the sooner fan
3/28/2006, 07:36 AM
yes i collect

just depends on the condition of the cards, but it would seem....based on the years that you listed, that you've probably got some $$$ up there

HoserSooner
3/28/2006, 09:01 AM
I have a bunch of old hockey cards from the late 70's and early 80's. Couple of Gretzky rookie cards, a Messier and a Bourque rookie card too. I don't collect as a hobby anymore, but I'm keeping them in case men with violin cases show up at my door and want money. :D

Vaevictis
3/28/2006, 10:38 AM
shrug, if your wife is adamant about saving space, I'd just go through them, and get rid of the cards that aren't likely to appreciate much in the future. There are far more cards that are worthless than there are cards that are worth something.

(although, there is some value in "full sets", so maybe you don't want to do that)

jk the sooner fan
3/28/2006, 10:45 AM
cards that old have more value than you think , there are tons of "set collectors" out there that would love to go thru those

dont think that "just the rookie cards" are the only ones worth anything

TopDawg
3/28/2006, 10:47 AM
I collected a lot when I was a kid. I'd like to keep most of the collection, but one of these days I plan on going through them all and selling all the "doubles" I have.

GDC
3/28/2006, 11:03 AM
They're all up in the folks' attic with the comic books.

mdklatt
3/28/2006, 11:12 AM
Don't you hillbillies have basements or cellars?

In Oklahoma and Texas? Not unless it's a storm cellar.

Newbomb Turk
3/28/2006, 11:13 AM
I threw away all of the cards. I only bought the packs of cards for the great gum that came with them. :rolleyes:

HoserSooner
3/28/2006, 11:46 AM
I threw away all of the cards. I only bought the packs of cards for the great gum that came with them. :rolleyes:

Loved the gum. It was so hard and brittle that it would frequently cut my mouth up something fierce.

I hate to think about how many valuable cards were ruined in the spokes of my bike so it would sound like a motorcycle. :(