PDA

View Full Version : I'm in San Jose for the week

phead903
3/28/2006, 12:44 AM
What do I do? My company has a trade show on Wednesday and Thursday, but other than that I'm stumped for stuff to see in the Silicon Valley! I went to dinner at Orignial Joes tonight (martinis, veal parmigiania, spumoni, and red wine) and I'm supposed to go to a Golf Tournament on Thursday. Help me find neat stuff to do until I fly back to OKC on Friday for a soccer tournament...:O

PhxSooner
3/28/2006, 12:49 AM
The Winchester Mystery House is in San Jose. Really weird place, with doors to nowhere and hidden passages.

Jimminy Crimson
3/28/2006, 01:00 AM
Monopoly in the Park, couple of cool tech museums, you've got golf taken care of.

Uh. There are some good brew pubs.

Blue
3/28/2006, 01:09 AM
I used to live there. I can give you the # of a hot little Phillipino...

pb4ou
3/28/2006, 01:09 AM
heh

soonersis
3/28/2006, 10:41 AM
Take a drive down highway 17 to Santa Cruz. If the drive doesn't scare the crap out of you then you can have fun in Santa Cruz. They have the Mystery Spot and the Boardwalk.

Of course you could always go to IKEA in Santa Clara.

picasso
3/28/2006, 10:44 AM
drive over to wine country. my Dad and I took a highway from San Jose back to the Mojave that went over a large mountain and past an awesome lake in my former life.

mrowl
3/28/2006, 10:47 AM
Of course you could always go to IKEA in Santa Clara.

or, you could just go to walmart when you get home and pretend that they sell cheap crap.

oh.

wait.

C&CDean
3/28/2006, 10:50 AM
Go to San Francisco. San Jose ain't got nothing to see/do anyhow. It ain't far. Go to Lou's Pier 39 for some great live blues. You can eat at any of the many seafood joints there in Fisherman's Wharf, or take the trolley to Chinatown, or go up to North Beach for great Italian. You can park anywhere in the Wharf area, and walk or trolley wherever you need to go.

Howzit
3/28/2006, 10:52 AM
17 mile drive around Carmel and Monterrey. It's a bit of a drive but well worth it.

TripleOption14
3/28/2006, 10:57 AM
For GOOD eats at a CHEAP price go to Sweet Tomato! The food is buffet style and the majority of it is not dripping in grease. The homemade chicken noodle soup is to die for! Real Chicken chunks!

C&CDean
3/28/2006, 10:58 AM
For GOOD eats at a CHEAP price go to Sweet Tomato! The food is buffet style and the majority of it is not dripping in grease. The homemade chicken noodle soup is to die for! Real Chicken chunks!

Huh? I don't believe I've ever eaten chicken noodle soup without real chicken chunks.

slickdawg
3/28/2006, 11:00 AM
The Winchester Mystery House is in San Jose. Really weird place, with doors to nowhere and hidden passages.

Indeed - it's an odd place, but interesting.

JohnnyMack
3/28/2006, 11:02 AM
Great shopping. Great food. Great city. Rent a convertible. Go to San Francisco. Then head up to Marin County. Head over to Napa.

TripleOption14
3/28/2006, 11:06 AM
Huh? I don't believe I've ever eaten chicken noodle soup without real chicken chunks.

Really??? That crap in the can you buy in the store is not real chicken. Your never gonna convince me of it. :D This is actually chicken that they've boiled down and used for the soup.

BeetDigger
3/28/2006, 12:00 PM
It's a bit of a drive but well worth it.

Yeah, its 17 miles, you said that. :D

BeetDigger
3/28/2006, 12:01 PM
Go to San Francisco.

Hmmmmmmm

That's all I'm going to say.

Hmmmmmmmmm

C&CDean
3/28/2006, 12:18 PM
And once again, beet boy fags up another thread. Let me put on my "surprised" face.

phead903
3/28/2006, 02:49 PM
Heade up to Livermore to visit Wente Vineyard this afternoon and to visit the Nationwide Tour event going on there this week. A player that my company sponsors is playing in the event plus it's always neat to see PGA events.

Thanks for all of the suggestions...and there are plenty of hot asian ladies here - don't know how many of them are Filipino, though!!:D

BehindEnemyLines
4/25/2006, 04:03 PM
?