PDA

View Full Version : Burn Ban is back on

Rhino
3/27/2006, 11:00 PM
But ya get ta keep dem grillz up.

Governor reinstates burn ban
The Oklahoman

A series of wildfires last weekend and worsening weather conditions caused Gov. Brad Henry to reinstate a limited burn ban in Oklahoma today. The new ban covers all the state except southeastern Oklahoma, which has received the largest amount of rainfall in recent weeks The governor’s office announced the decision this afternoon after meeting with state agriculture, forestry and emergency management officials.

One week ago, officials with the state Agriculture, Food and Forestry Department recommended lifting the statewide ban, citing precipitation totals and other data from across the state.

The burn ban applies to all of Oklahoma except Pittsburg, Latimer, Le Flore, McCurtain, Choctaw, Pushmataha, Bryan, Atoka, Coal and Marshall counties.

Charcoal grilling is exempt from the ban.

Violations of the ban are misdemeanors punishable by as much as a $500 fine and one year in jail.

picasso
3/27/2006, 11:33 PM
never should have been lifted. just another good idea from ole hillbilly cousin Henry.

IronSooner
3/27/2006, 11:45 PM
I wonder what the annual wildfire situation would look like if everyone in the U.S. stopped smoking for 1 year.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/28/2006, 12:11 AM
The wildfires was every single idiot in the state deciding to do a controlled burn in the first 7 seconds of the burn ban lift. Does your pasture need burned so bad that you can't week maybe a week or so...I am just saying.

Jimminy Crimson
3/28/2006, 12:14 AM
never should have been lifted. just another good idea from ole hillbilly cousin Henry.

'zactly.

It's gonna take A. LOT. of rain before we're in the clear.

He was just trying to gain 'approval' points. :eddie:

GottaHavePride
3/28/2006, 01:22 AM
Forestry services have figured out that a good forest fire every once in a while keeps stuff cleared out and everything nice and green afterwards. Why do hillbillies hate wildfires?

Blue
3/28/2006, 01:24 AM
I wonder what the annual wildfire situation would look like if everyone in the U.S. stopped smoking for 1 year.

Blah, blah, bleh...

Jimminy Crimson
3/28/2006, 01:41 AM

I think the better question would be what if everyone who smoked in their cars actually used the ashtray, instead of tossing their firestarters out the window.

...just a thought! :cool:

God forbid their car smell like smoke! :rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
3/28/2006, 01:45 AM
God forbid their car smell like smoke! :rolleyes:

I got news for 'em: it does anyway.

Blue
3/28/2006, 01:51 AM

Bleh, blah, blue...

Jimminy Crimson
3/28/2006, 01:53 AM

Shhhh!

They think it doesn't... :mack:

Blue
3/28/2006, 01:56 AM
Shhhh!

They think it doesn't... :mack:

Lame *** non-smokers don't ride with me.

I do what I want!

pb4ou
3/28/2006, 02:00 AM
heh

picasso
3/28/2006, 09:36 AM
Forestry services have figured out that a good forest fire every once in a while keeps stuff cleared out and everything nice and green afterwards. Why do hillbillies hate wildfires?
yep, it's done every year up here in God's country. one of the coolest things about spring around here is seeing the fires at night. but, not in the current situation we have now.
Henry should just stick to boring speeches and lottery stuff.